Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,150 members, 7,807,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Any One Remember The "Miracle Of Dammam" 89 Flying Eagles. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Any One Remember The "Miracle Of Dammam" 89 Flying Eagles. (4010 Views)

Miracle Of Dammam, Saudi 89,- When Nigeria Stun USSR (Video) / The Miracle Of Dammam. Saudi 89, Nigeria Vs Russia Football Match (Video) / The Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: Poland 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any One Remember The "Miracle Of Dammam" 89 Flying Eagles. by theEnlightened1: 4:37pm On Dec 30, 2017
The Miracle of Dammam also known as The Dammam Miracle was the name given to the result of a quarter-final football match between the Nigerian U-20 football team and the USSR U-20 football team at the 1989 FIFA World Youth Championship in Saudi Arabia which the Nigerian U-20 team went on to win on penalties.

The match created a footballing record as Nigeria became the first team to come back from four goals down to equalize and then go on to win a FIFA World Cup match at any level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5fis1cKZ4M

1 Like

Re: Any One Remember The "Miracle Of Dammam" 89 Flying Eagles. by checkedout: 5:02pm On Dec 30, 2017
Before nko
Re: Any One Remember The "Miracle Of Dammam" 89 Flying Eagles. by zomoears(m): 5:43am On Feb 16, 2019
February 15, 1989.
I remember I left shortly after half time when we were already 4 goals down. Sat on d corridor gisting with friends when I was told we had scored one. I think Mutiu Adepoju. Chris Ohenhen scored another. Both free kicks...I became interested when I heard goal number 3. When it was 4-4 I ran up and down the street like we had already won d match.

We were mad football fans those days. Crazy kids.
Re: Any One Remember The "Miracle Of Dammam" 89 Flying Eagles. by zomoears(m): 5:50am On Feb 16, 2019
Mad football family we were.
My dad was travelling and listening to radio Nigeria commentariea of the match. When we equalised, he stopped right in the middle of the road and celebrated. Had a minor accident but who cared? Other drivers joined him in the celebration in the middle of the road.
Re: Any One Remember The "Miracle Of Dammam" 89 Flying Eagles. by Icon4s(m): 5:54am On Feb 16, 2019
zomoears:
February 15, 1989.
I remember I left shortly after half time when we were already 4 goals down. Sat on d corridor gisting with friends when I was told we had scored one. I think Mutiu Adepoju. Chris Ohenhen scored another. Both free kicks...I became interested when I heard goal number 3. When it was 4-4 I ran up and down the street like we had already won d match.

We were mad football fans those days. Crazy kids.

We were only 2 goals down at half time
Re: Any One Remember The "Miracle Of Dammam" 89 Flying Eagles. by zomoears(m): 7:39am On Feb 16, 2019
Icon4s:

We were only 2 goals down at half time

Shortly after half time, didnt say we were 4 goals down at half time.

Maybe I should hv wrote "shortly into d 2nd half".

The Miracle of Damman was a record. No team had ever made a come back from 4 goals down in a FIFA organised tournament to win the match.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

CAF Changes AFCON U-23 Draw Date / England(1) Vs Portugal(3), Germany 2006: World Cup / Egypt Should Be Banned From Hosting AFCON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.