Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,717 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President (1064 Views)

Lawlessness Is A Crime Against Our Country – South African President / Cyril Rama Re-Elected As South African President, Win With Absolute Majority / Jacob Zuma Resigns As South African President! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by Rockyrascal(m): 5:48pm On Dec 30, 2017
Nations like Canada, The United states of america, India, south Korea and north Korea has had father and son as presidents in their country's history.

With this perspective in mind,here are five African presidents whom their fathers have also been presidents

1.president ofBotswana

Ian khama,president of botswana is the son of sir seretse khama the country's first post independence leader. Ian took over as president in 2008 during his parents exile in England. He later secured a five year term in the 2009 parliamentary elections, he also contested and won the election which took place in 2014.

Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by MrHistorian: 5:52pm On Dec 30, 2017

Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by Rockyrascal(m): 5:55pm On Dec 30, 2017
2. president of kenya

Uhuru kenyatta is the 4th president of Kenya and the son of the founding president jomo kenyatta. Kenyatta who is known to be kenya's youngest president was sworn in 2013

Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by Iykmann(m): 5:58pm On Dec 30, 2017
Ok following

1 Like

Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by Rockyrascal(m): 6:03pm On Dec 30, 2017
3 . president of Gabon

The current president of Gabon Ali bongo ondimba, is the son of Omar bongo who was president from 1967 until his death in 2009.

Following the death of his father, Ali bongo contested for the presidential seat under the Gabonese democratic party in 2009 where he won the election with a total of 42% of all the vote.

Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by TheKingdom: 6:05pm On Dec 30, 2017
AND SO You want Abachas kids to come abi?

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by Rockyrascal(m): 6:11pm On Dec 30, 2017
4. president of DrC (democratic republic of congo)

Joseph kabila has been president since 2001.
He assumed the office of the president after the assassination of his father, president laurent desire' kabila. He was elected as president in 2006 and re-elected in 2011 for a second tenure.
He was famous for been the first president in the world to be born in the 1970s, the kabilla's have ruled for almost 18years since the country's post independence history.

Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by amzee(m): 6:13pm On Dec 30, 2017
Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by Rockyrascal(m): 6:15pm On Dec 30, 2017
TheKingdom:
AND SO You want Abachas kids to come abi?

Nonsense
who is saying abacha's kid should contest or come into power? And if any of abacha's kids decide to contest any election under any political platform will you stop him or her.
Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by Rockyrascal(m): 6:26pm On Dec 30, 2017
5 president of togo

Last on the short list is the president of togo, Faure Esozzimna Gnassingbe who assumed office after the death of his father, Gnassingbe Eyadema in 2005.

He also contested and won the presidential election in 2009 and 2015. The Gnassingbe family has run Togo through it's 55 years post independence history, and with five more years to go following the re-election of Faure Gnassingbe the current president.

Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by seunny4lif(m): 7:53pm On Dec 30, 2017
Sweet power

1 Like

Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by panafrican(m): 12:19am On Dec 31, 2017
4.5 Africans because the delusional half-White half - Black zebra of Botswana who speaks down on President Mugabe is not a real African.

1 Like

Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 31, 2017
The president of the DrC is looking like a snack grin

1 Like

Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by makydebbie(f): 8:45am On Dec 31, 2017
lovelygurl:
I concur, that's some healthy snack. grin

1 Like

Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 31, 2017
makydebbie:

As in girl grin It's not everyday you see a hot and young president grin

1 Like

Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by Rockyrascal(m): 8:50am On Dec 31, 2017
lovelygurl:
most of this African presidents are richer than some entrepreneurs on Forbes rich list; this man as been controlling enormous wealth since he came into power.
Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 31, 2017
Rockyrascal:
most of this African presidents are richer than some entrepreneurs on Forbes rich list; this man as been controlling enormous wealth since he came into power.

I'm talking about looks grin I don't care about his wealth grin

1 Like

Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by Rockyrascal(m): 8:52am On Dec 31, 2017
seunny4lif:
Sweet power
sweet power and the nation of togo hasn't experienced any economic development since he came into power.
Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by Rockyrascal(m): 8:54am On Dec 31, 2017
lovelygurl:

I'm talking about looks grin I don't care about his wealth grin
are you wealthier than him grin

Please you should care about his money.
Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by Daeylar(f): 8:54am On Dec 31, 2017
lovelygurl:
Na wa shocked
Lovelygurl grin grin

makydebbie:

Not even ordinary snack a healthy one at that, grin grin very nutritious snack right? grin

You girls have big eyes sha cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 31, 2017
Rockyrascal:
are you wealthier than him grin

Please you should care about his money.

I'm not but I prefer making my own money...

1 Like

Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 31, 2017
Daeylar:

Na wa shocked
Lovelygurl grin grin

Not even ordinary snack a healthy one at that, grin grin

grin grin

Admit it johr, he looks like a snack grin

Compare him with the others now or

Buhari grin

Absolutely no chance grin

1 Like

Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by Rockyrascal(m): 8:59am On Dec 31, 2017
lovelygurl:

I'm not but I prefer making my own money...
yea that's the spirit.
Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by makydebbie(f): 9:04am On Dec 31, 2017
lovelygurl:

As in girl grin It's not everyday you see a hot and young president grin
I tell you, grandpas won't give snacks a chance. grin

Daeylar:

Not even ordinary snack a healthy one at that, grin grin very nutritious snack right? grin

Very nutritious bae, complete diet. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 31, 2017
makydebbie:

Lmao grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by Daeylar(f): 9:24am On Dec 31, 2017
lovelygurl:

grin grin

Admit it johr, he looks like a snack grin

Compare him with the others now or

Buhari grin

Absolutely no chance grin

Please don't spoil my morning with that name grin lol

makydebbie:

I have nothing left to say lipsrsealed grin
Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by oliidell(m): 10:32am On Dec 31, 2017
There's a difference in electoral processes.

1 Like

Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 05, 2018
Teodorin Nguema of Equatorial Guinea is warming up on the side-line like a good footballer to join them. I am quite surprised that Jose Eduardo dos Santos of Angola did not annoint his son to take over from him when he left office. I was expecting him to do just that. And what is all this BS about "snacks"! Are those ladies HUNGRY?!

1 Like

Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by Rockyrascal(m): 10:57am On Jan 05, 2018
mansakhalifa:
Teodorin Nguema of Equatorial Guinea is warming up on the side-line like a good footballer to join them. I am quite surprised that Jose Eduardo dos Santos of Angola did not annoint his son to take over from him when he left office. I was expecting him to do just that. And what is all this BS about "snacks"! Are those ladies HUNGRY?!
girls will always drool over anything and everything sexy and good looking; BTW are u from EQ. Guinea?
Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 06, 2018
@Rockyrascal No man I am from the same country that produced this forum.

1 Like

Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by Bari22: 8:33pm On Jan 06, 2018
Re: Meet Five African President Whose Fathers Have Also Been President by ifyan(m): 11:02am On Jan 07, 2018
Hmm make 9ja no copy this style ohhh

(1) (Reply)

Politician With 9 Family Members, Breaks Down In Tears After Getting 5 Votes / Ukrainian Forces Captured Stockpiles Of Ammunition From Fleeing Russian Forces / Hurray! Black Man Now The Most Powerful On Earth. Obama, the 44th President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.