Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

Nigeria Is No Longer A Democracy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is No Longer A Democracy (401 Views)

Thank Your Stars We’re In A Democracy : Presidency To Arewa Youths / Babafemi Ojudu: Stop Begging Me For Money, I Am No Longer A Senator / People's Reactions On The Declaration Of June 12 As A Democracy Day -photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is No Longer A Democracy by womenabuse: 7:47pm On Dec 30, 2017
By chinedumiwomen

Improving the integrity of our democracy can only be achieved by women. Nigeria democracy is improbable without women. Nigerian's politicians have hijacked Nigeria. Nigeria is a patriarchal society.

A country that practices true democracy will not disregard women. A country that practices democracy will not do anything to silence women. A country that practices democracy will not envisage women as second individuals who should be caged and chained inside the other room. A country that practices democracy will not hate women. Among all these, do we see Nigeria as a democratic nation? The answer is absolutely no. Nigeria's democracy has been manipulated and turned to DEMOCRAZY. As far as the truth can only be suspended but can never be truncated, a nation that does not respect womanhood is a failed nation. Nigeria is a failed democratic nation. Government of the men, for the men and by the men, is that what democracy entails? Is that the meaning of a true democracy? But that is what Nigeria is practicing. Democracy is for everyone.

The constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria needs to be reviewed and re- written because it is not yet completed. Any constitution that will not recognize or respect the word “She “that constitution is inferior and incomplete. A true democracy can never, never be actualized if women are still underrated because it is the women who build a nation.

Nigeria's politicians are holding this country ransom. Are we not fed- up with their lies and political brouhaha? Let’s candidly tell us, all these ranting our men and our leaders are making will not yield good fruits for this country. A leader that will not carry women along is worst than a failure. Until our men begin to respect women, Nigeria will still remain stagnant and a true democracy will not be achieved.

Speaking Engagement:

We are committed and passionate egalitarians and feminists. We speak on gender equality, leadership, female education, eradication of domestic violence against women and girl -child, women political participation and early, forced and child marriage around the world. We speak on small and large gathering. Book us now via this email

Chinedumiwomen@gmail.com

Re: Nigeria Is No Longer A Democracy by ourfather: 9:26pm On Dec 30, 2017
Re: Nigeria Is No Longer A Democracy by OneCorner: 4:39am On Dec 31, 2017
I stopped reading wen I saw "by chinedu..."
Okoros re daft in any reasonings. grin
If u go through it now, u'll see it's nonsense

(1) (Reply)

2019: I Suggest A Nairalander Contest For President Of Nigeria / President Buhari Celebrates Asisat Oshoala / 2019 ELECTION: Nollywood Actor Yul Edochie Has Planned To Contest With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.