Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Seven-point Agenda Alive – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seven-point Agenda Alive – Jonathan (4430 Views)

I Have Fulfilled My Seven-point Agenda - Jonathan / Get Ibori Dead Or Alive, Jonathan Orders Onovo / Nigeria - - Jonathan Drops Seven-point Agenda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seven-point Agenda Alive – Jonathan by Teeco(m): 12:31pm On Apr 07, 2010
Acting President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday promised to continue implementing policy framework of the administration as started by President Umaru Musa Yar’adua.

Jonathan, who stated this yesterday at the swearing-in of new ministers, contradicted media reports that he has pruned down the seven-point agenda of President Umaru Musa Yar’adua to three namely electoral reform, power and Niger Delta.

He said “The executive council we are inaugurating today will continue to work for a rigorous implementation of the policy framework of this administration, which came into office on the 29th of May 2007. While we continue to pray for the speedy recovery of the President, permit me to emphasize the policy continuum of governance and to insist on the imperative of this team to roll up its sleeve, and to redouble effort so as to meet the expectation of our people who are yearning for good governance.

“Our efforts in governance must be manifested in the revamp of decaying infrastructure including steady power supply and good roads; provision of sound and quality education; the good health of our people; provision of jobs for our unemployed youths, security of life and property, commitment to free and fair elections and the very strict adherence to the rule of law.”

http://www.naijaheros.com/index.php?topic=32.0
Re: Seven-point Agenda Alive – Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 1:11pm On Apr 07, 2010
He said “The executive council we are inaugurating today will continue to work for a rigorous implementation of the policy framework of this administration, which came into office on the 29th of May 2007. While we continue to pray for the speedy recovery of the President, permit me to emphasize the policy continuum of governance and to insist on the imperative of this team to roll up its sleeve, and to redouble effort so as to meet the expectation of our people who are yearning for good governance.

“Our efforts in governance must be manifested in the revamp of decaying infrastructure including steady power supply and good roads; provision of sound and quality education; the good health of our people; provision of jobs for our unemployed youths, security of life and property, commitment to free and fair elections and the very strict adherence to the rule of law.”

I still think he should get good people in to access the possibility of all this in the short period left for the administration. All he needs do is focus on policies that will help bring in investors and encourage states and private entities to build the nation.
Re: Seven-point Agenda Alive – Jonathan by Teeco(m): 1:13pm On Apr 07, 2010
yep right
Re: Seven-point Agenda Alive – Jonathan by marvix(m): 1:18pm On Apr 07, 2010
7 point agenda is a national agenda which should not even end with this administration, because we can stop improving our power sector, the Niger Delta must always be given special consideration, Health care facilities must continually undergo upgrades same with our educational system, or can we stop Human capital development and solve security once and for all.?
Re: Seven-point Agenda Alive – Jonathan by Teeco(m): 1:31pm On Apr 07, 2010
yeah I think Jonathan is the power minister now grin
Re: Seven-point Agenda Alive – Jonathan by naijaswag1: 2:13pm On Apr 07, 2010
Nonsense,where is your own vision Jonathan? 7 point agenda is lying sick with its forebearer in Aso Rock.
Re: Seven-point Agenda Alive – Jonathan by Fhemmmy: 2:14pm On Apr 07, 2010
naija_swag:

Nonsense,where is your own vision Jonathan? 7 point agenda is lying sick with its forebearer in Aso Rock.

He was and he is part of the 7-point agenda.
Re: Seven-point Agenda Alive – Jonathan by vigasimple(m): 2:30pm On Apr 07, 2010
LEADERSHIP and COMPETENCY is the watchword.

You can have 100 point agenda with good timeline, you could do it all. You could have 1 pointless agenda(like the 7pointless agenda) and don't do them.

YAR A'CLUELESS is an example of that lack of leadership ability, the business of running Nigeria is way beyond his paygrade.

In all honesty I doubt whether Goodluck has got it either because PDP party and their leadership are evil reicarnate. They have no interest of the Nigerian people at heart.

I hope we will have 4 point agenda for the next 12 months,

POWER/ELECTRICTY

INFRASTRUCTURES(ROADS ETC)

MICRO ECONOMICS - help and assistance for small business and encourage development and growth of small business

INSTITUTIONAL BUILDING- system of good governance, electoral reform, and genuie independent electoral commission. limit political parties numbers
Re: Seven-point Agenda Alive – Jonathan by Fhemmmy: 2:32pm On Apr 07, 2010
vigasimple:

LEADERSHIP and COMPETENCY is the watchword.

You can have 100 point agenda with good timeline, you could do it all. You could have 1 pointless agenda(like the 7pointless agenda) and don't do them.

YAR A'CLUELESS is an example of that lack of leadership ability, the business of running Nigeria is way beyond his paygrade.

In all honesty I doubt whether Goodluck has got it either because PDP party and their leadership are evil reicarnate. They have no interest of the Nigerian people at heart.

I hope we will have 4 point agenda for the next 12 months,

POWER/ELECTRICTY

INFRASTRUCTURES(ROADS ETC)

MICRO ECONOMICS - help and assistance for small business and encourage development and growth of small business

INSTITUTIONAL BUILDING- system of good governance, electoral reform, and genuie independent electoral commission. limit political parties numbers

I hope Jonathan meant well by hanging on to the power portfolio

(1) (Reply)

Poor Services: Reps To Probe Telecommunications Companies / New Map Of Nigeria Under GEJ / WAR BEGINS!: Ambode Removes Fashola’s Name From List Of Lagos Past Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.