Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,418 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Using Shared Hosting For Laravel Website Without SSH - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Using Shared Hosting For Laravel Website Without SSH (1370 Views)

Connect To Alx Sandbox Via termius Or Any App That Support Ssh On Moble Phone / Developer Needed For Some Work On Laravel Website / How To Re-index Magento 2 From Admin Panel Or SSH/CLI? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Using Shared Hosting For Laravel Website Without SSH by ugwum007(m): 1:36pm On Jan 01, 2018
I will show you how to host a site built with Laravel on a shared host without SSH and also how to upload files the wrong way but it surely works.

This is not the best way to host a site built with Laravel because it takes away many flavors that comes with Laravel PHP framework but if you are running on tight budget or curious about doing things the wrong way. Then this is for you.

I will assume you already set up a laravel project, if you have not, visit Laravel docs.

Setup your hosting plan with everything that comes with it. Assuming our project is named CstdWeek and in a folder with the same name. We are going to transfer our project folder (yes, even the vendor folder but make sure you have checked and compiled everything worth compiling) to the shared server. Our project folder in this case should be CstdWeek, it should be on the same level as the public_html folder.

Owing to Nairaland's limitations, the full detailed post with any additional code and images can be found HERE.

I tried compressing the project folder into a zip file and transferring the zip file but I was always hitting an error because of the javascript file inside the zip folder. Transfer the folder through FTP, thats the best way.

Delete the content of your public_html folder (not the folder itself) and move the contents of your project’s public folder (also create a new folder docs which we will use for file upload) to the empty public_html.

SOURCE: WPENGAGE
Re: Using Shared Hosting For Laravel Website Without SSH by oliverusselldev: 12:26pm On Feb 19, 2018
Instead of shared hosting, which is known for security and performance issues, I would recommend using Cloudways platform. Using this platform you can host Laravel app (https://www.cloudways.com/en/laravel-hosting.php ) on infrastructure in one-click, no need for ssh. You can then deploy app from sftp or built-in git integration.

(1) (Reply)

Standard Mini Flat To LET At Iyana Ipaja / Need Someone That Can Help Code And Do Writeup For Final Year Project / Names and Numbers Of Bad App Developers/programmers in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.