Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,796 members, 7,802,541 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

What You Need To Know Before Making Your New Year's Resolutions - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What You Need To Know Before Making Your New Year's Resolutions (457 Views)

Newschef Dammy Did Not Apply Before Making Attempt – Guinness World Record / What Are Your New Year Resolutions? / I Caught My Girlfriend Using Lubricant Before Making Love With Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Need To Know Before Making Your New Year's Resolutions by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 01, 2018
The new year sets the beginning of another 365/366 days of our existence. It affords us the opportunity to start a new chapter in our lifes.

New year's eve (31st of December) or the last day of the year is seen by many across the world as a day of contemplation and a day to make plans for the new year that is fast approaching. These plans are frequently termed as "new year's resolutions".

Nonetheless, the majority of people still fail to actualize their New Year's resolutions before the end of that calendar year. People have often attributed this failure to various reasons such as lack of time and the inability of the majority of humans to keep a tight schedule. Some people don't even consider making New year's resolutions any more.

Here are a few causes why people fail to actualize their new year's resolutions and practical approach to solve the problems

1) Having too much to achieve;

One of the most important thing about setting a goal is making sure it is achievable within a specific time period.

Many people are often overwhelmed by the resolutions they set for themselves to achieve under 365 days because of the sheer number of what they need to achieve.

Most of them eventually have to abandon the resolutions and loose the tactile sensation of fulfillment that comes with achievements. Therefore, it is necessary to keep a new year's resolution as short as possible

2) Procrastination;

Procrastination is the avoidance of doing a task that needs to be carried out

A whole year, to many people may seem like a very long time to accomplish anything. After all, there are 365/366 days to attain whatever it is to be accomplished, or are they enough?

Many people fail to start pursuing ways to achieve their resolutions for the year on time. They wait till latter parts of the year before panicking and fail to achieve anything at the end year. Thus, it is important to start accomplishing the resolutions as early as possible.

3) Lack of self trust;

The lack of self trust is the beginning of failure and it is the elementary principle of any success story to have self confidence

Many people, make new year resolutions without actually thinking they can accomplish them. Hence, they have already defeated themselves before the outset of the year or before they start pursuing ways to achieve the resolution

4) underestimating the resolutions;

Failure to take into account what is needed to achieve a resolution/goal will always stop people from achieving the resolution.

For instance, Many people may fail to look for the necessary support that is required to tackle bad habits like gambling or drinking.

People often have a false believe that the new year will come with mystical powers that will enable them accomplish their new year's resolutions without any support and subsequently fail to accomplish anything at the end of the year. Hence, it is important to seek professional support or the support of friends.

5) Over thinking things:

There are many little details that floats around our heads when making our ordinary day-to-day decisions that overwhelms us, not to talk of making plans for the whole year.

The thought process of making a new year's resolution might become too overwhelming, which may distract many people from accomplishing their resolutions. Thus, it helps to be more practical and to spend less time thinking about the resolutions

6) Lack of records to monitor progress

It is very important to keep records of time spent in achieving a goal because it helps us maintain focus on achieving the goal itself.

Many people prepare their new year's resolutions without drawing up a timeline needed to monitor their progress and this leads to failure. Therefore, it is important to keep records at every stage to monitor the progress made during the year.

These are my observations, feel free to add yours.

cc mynd44
lalasticlala
Re: What You Need To Know Before Making Your New Year's Resolutions by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 01, 2018
*Spreads her mat*

Hmmmm. Op, I was ok until number 6. Monitoring progress and keeping records is a great idea.

Can I add being present for the whole year, feeling, smelling, touching and really being present for the year. Without being overcome with thought that we go on autopilot and wake up at the end of our journey wondering how we got there.

Happy new year to all of us kiss

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know Before Making Your New Year's Resolutions by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 01, 2018
Dimples0303:
*Spreads her mat*
You are the only person willing to read my long boring epistle

is it worth your time
Re: What You Need To Know Before Making Your New Year's Resolutions by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 01, 2018
greiboy:
You are the only person willing to read my long boring epistle

is it worth your time

It was a great read so thank you kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know Before Making Your New Year's Resolutions by Angy55(f): 7:08pm On Jan 01, 2018
I don't have new year resolution. I would keep staying positive till God picks my call.
Re: What You Need To Know Before Making Your New Year's Resolutions by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 01, 2018
Angy55:
I don't have new year resolution. I would keep staying positive till God picks my call.
lol
that is also a resolution now

(1) (Reply)

Special Letter To My Future Wife. / How Do I Know If A Girl Really Loves Me / Please I Need An Advice On This Matter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.