Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,026 members, 7,799,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? (75198 Views)

Rwanda's Capital Kigali Is The Cleanest City In Africa / MMy Journey To Rwanda Kigali / Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by kaffy4tope(m): 2:12am On Jan 02, 2018
I plan going to that part of the world soon and would like to hook up with Nigerians there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by good4all40: 11:50am On Jan 02, 2018
I just returned from Kigali not long ago, what are you planning to do in Kigali hope it's not for greener pasture? That country is only good for tourism except you are going with huge amount of money to start up your own business, things are expensive there compare to Nigeria though you will enjoy perfect serenity of a city with excellent weather and their banks close by 8pm. It's only 7 hours drive to Kampala Uganda from Kigali.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by kaffy4tope(m): 6:41pm On Jan 02, 2018
good4all40:
I just returned from Kigali not long ago, what are you planning to do in Kigali hope it's not for greener pasture? That country is only good for tourism except you are going with huge amount of money to start up your own business, things are expensive there compare to Nigeria though you will enjoy perfect serenity of a city with excellent weather and their banks close by 8pm. It's only 7 hours drive to Kampala Uganda from Kigali.

Greener Pasture Keh! Just going there to celebrate my birthday fam.

Is it Visa free for Nigerians?

11 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by StackNerd: 6:57pm On Jan 02, 2018
kaffy4tope:

Greener Pasture Keh! Just going there to celebrate my birthday fam.

Is it Visa free for Nigerians?
You will get Visa on arrival, you will have to pay 30 USD for this ..
The Visa will be valid for 30 days,

If you have to overstay, remember to apply for Visa extension in advance. I paid 20000 Rwandan Francs as fine at the airport for overstaying my Visa validity period.

Rwanda is a beautiful country, though they do not have so much tourist attractions like Namibia, Tanzania and some neighboring countries..

Enjoy your stay in the Land of a thousand Hills..

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by StackNerd: 8:05pm On Jan 02, 2018
cutieme:
Bro how do u see the country,are there prospects of making it there?How about their women?

Paul Kagame is like Trump , ( Rwandese first !) Before any other person. Of course I met Nigerians and few indians working @ MTN Rwanda. But it's very difficult to get work over there, I was there to consult for MTN.

If you have money for investment, please go there, they welcome investors, infact you will be treated like king. There is little to no corruption, the citizens are very honest and it's a rapidly growing economy. So if you have money to invest. You can go there, but please don't go there looking for job, it's hard to get a job as an immigrant.

As for the women, you need the grace of God not to go into fornication if you are unmarried or adultery if you are married, the ladies are extremely beautiful, with amazing body shape, they are not so promiscuous like women in francophones countries, the women are also independent and hard-working.

Rwanda is a really organized country, with working institutions. It's a great place to live if you have money. Shikena

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by cutieme(m): 8:22pm On Jan 02, 2018
StackNerd:

Paul Kagame is like Trump , ( Rwandese first !) Before any other person. Of course I met Nigerians and few indians working @ MTN Rwanda. But it's very difficult to get work over there, I was there to consult for MTN.

If you have money for investment, please go there, they welcome investors, infact you will be treated like king. There is little to no corruption, the citizens are very honest and it's a rapidly growing economy. So if you have money to invest. You can go there, but please don't go there looking for job, it's hard to get a job as an immigrant.

As for the women, you need the grace of God not to go into fornication if you are unmarried or adultery if you are married, the ladies are extremely beautiful, with amazing body shape, they are not so promiscuous like women in francophones countries, the women are also independent and hard-working.

Rwanda is a really organized country, with working institutions. It's a great place to live if you have money. Shikena
wow!Bro,like how much can one budget for a business there?

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by georgesegun87: 9:15pm On Jan 02, 2018
Please can you tell what business we can go into over there and how much can someone invest

StackNerd:

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by StackNerd: 9:27pm On Jan 02, 2018
georgesegun87:
Please can you tell what business we can go into over there and how much can someone invest

As a business man, I believe you will know where your strength lie. But This is my own personal opinion, if I am to start a business in Rwanda, I'll go into real estate.

Real estate: a lot of Europeans come there for holidays and tourism, if you build a posh serviced apartment in an high brow area, I believe one will recoup investment and start making profits in a short time. Estimated cost : 70000 USD to 100000 USD

Shopping mall: of course this is very expensive, but they don't really have any big shopping mall like the Hayat's and the Shoprites of this world, though they have smaller ones. A big one will definitely be a good investment. Estimated cost: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Others ones: restaurants and parks
All these requires a lot of capital to start. .. so I don't know....haha!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by kaffy4tope(m): 8:44am On Jan 03, 2018
Wow...brother you have said it all.

See how you break it down to the last piece.

I'm impressed sire.

Can I visit other neighboring East African Countries too? I love you Bro #nohomo

5 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by StackNerd: 6:41pm On Jan 03, 2018
kaffy4tope:
Wow...brother you have said it all.

See how you break it down to the last piece.

I'm impressed sire.

Can I visit other neighboring East African Countries too? I love you Bro #nohomo

Of course! The neighboring countries are Tanzania, Uganda, burundi, and congo

You can go to Uganda. By road from kigali, it's like 7 - 8 hrs drive, congo is not far too, its like 4 hrs, but nothing is in congo, don't go there, Tanzania border is not far too , it's like 4 hrs drive from kigali but it's like coming into Nigeria and entering maiduguri, there is nothing in the city at the border!, daaresalam is where the major tourist attraction is,, but daaresalam is very far, it's advisable to take a plane from kigali to daaresalam, Tanzania. Is very big, I think. It's a little bit bigger than Nigeria..

Burundi is very close too,, but it's a failed state "nuff said"

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by cutieme(m): 6:26am On Jan 04, 2018
StackNerd:

Of course! The neighboring countries are Tanzania, Uganda, burundi, and congo

You can go to Uganda. By road from kigali, it's like 7 - 8 hrs drive, congo is not far too, its like 4 hrs, but nothing is in congo, don't go there, Tanzania border is not far too , it's like 4 hrs drive from kigali but it's like coming into Nigeria and entering maiduguri, there is nothing in the city at the border!, daaresalam is where the major tourist attraction is,, but daaresalam is very far, it's advisable to take a plane from kigali to daaresalam, Tanzania. Is very big, I think. It's a little bit bigger than Nigeria..

Burundi is very close too,, but it's a failed state "nuff said"
I think I'd visit this Kigali this year.I've heard so much about this country.Let me go and see things for myself.

4 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by NONNYG: 11:05am On Jan 04, 2018
cutieme:
I think I'd visit this Kigali this year.I've heard so much about this country.Let me go and see things for myself.
haba, you again?grin

15 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by cutieme(m): 11:35am On Jan 04, 2018
NONNYG:
haba, you again?grin
NONNYG U still dey here?No worry very soon,i'll go to my destined place and u guys won't mock me again.

5 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by kaffy4tope(m): 11:11am On Jan 10, 2018
Wow, I'm in Kigali now. I can't believe I'm in Africa.

This place is Dope.

Updates later

23 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by cutieme(m): 2:26pm On Jan 10, 2018
kaffy4tope:

This place is Dope.

Updates later
Bro pls give us updates on how u got your visa,ticket price ,e.t.c thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by DaniDani(m): 9:57pm On Jan 10, 2018
Wooooow! This thread is getting more interesting.
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by StackNerd: 9:59pm On Jan 10, 2018
Where are you staying ? Kagugu??
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Rexnegro(m): 10:46pm On Jan 10, 2018
cutieme:
I think I'd visit this Kigali this year.I've heard so much about this country.Let me go and see things for myself

NONNYG:
haba, you again?grin
Lol so u too notice this cutieme person..na almost every country him dey ask questions about yet e never go airport since

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by AngelicBeing: 11:00pm On Jan 10, 2018
cool
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by kaffy4tope(m): 11:40pm On Jan 10, 2018
cutieme:
Bro pls give us updates on how u got your visa,ticket price ,e.t.c thanks.

Hotel reservation

Return ticket, Rwanda air: 170k

$30 at Point of Entry without hassles and I was issued a 39 days visa.

Brother, this place is like small America.

I'm in a hotel

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by NONNYG: 12:28am On Jan 11, 2018
kaffy4tope:

Hotel reservation

I'm in a hotel
I thought your were in Dubai before? Or are you different person

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by cutieme(m): 4:00am On Jan 12, 2018
It's a shame that some people here have subjected themselves to be used by monitoring spirits!Rather than allow the OP share beneficial information that would benefit upcoming travelers,they are just here monitoring people's comments!If I inquire about every country,what's your stress in that?Are you the one I asked?If you are so pained,why not sponsor me to any of the countries to end it all.You are here ranting when you can do nothing to help your fellow brother.Mind your lane please!That you are there today doesn't elevate you to the post of a judge or make u stay there forever!The tables can turn around and I could be the one you would run to,for help.Watch it and stop this ridiculous acts of yours.If you can't give me a leg up in any way as per embarking on this journey,just keep mute and respect yourself@ NONNYG!

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by NONNYG: 2:29pm On Jan 12, 2018
Wow, this is serious. I never knew this long article were been directed to me not until I saw the last sentence. Abeg o I'm not a monitoring spirit, wetin I wan monitor u for?
I'm not pained ok? I'm only being amazed the way u jump from one travel thread to another like who ancestral spirit dey pursue.
I know u want to travel out & I'm not against it, by now you should have known the particular country you want to travel to, stick to thread, get the necessary info & off you go.
PS:, God bless the day I saw UAE/QATAR thread, I followed up, immediately after my NYSC, I zoomed off.

Cutieme I wish you all the best

42 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by cutieme(m): 11:30pm On Jan 12, 2018
Kaffy4tope ,pls tell us more about the place and your experience so far,thanks.
Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by kaffy4tope(m): 2:18am On Jan 13, 2018
NONNYG:
I thought your were in Dubai before? Or are you different person

So that means I should not visit another country?

This NL kids sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by NONNYG: 5:48am On Jan 13, 2018
kaffy4tope:

So that means I should not visit another country?

This NL kids sef
hehehehe, I was only asking because I remember chatting with u about UAE visa back in 2016, even up till now you still haven't changed ur rude way of responding to questions, NL grandfather
pls change , this is 2018

23 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 26, 2018
No bank statements. Just a hotel reservation and return ticket. BTA?
kaffy4tope:

Hotel reservation

I'm in a hotel

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Agbaletu: 7:43pm On Jan 26, 2018
StackNerd:

As a business man, I believe you will know where your strength lie. But This is my own personal opinion, if I am to start a business in Rwanda, I'll go into real estate.

[s]Real estate: a lot of Europeans come there for holidays and tourism, if you build a posh serviced apartment in an high brow area, I believe one will recoup investment and start making profits in a short time. Estimated cost : 70000 USD to 100000 USD
[/s]

Shopping mall: of course this is very expensive, but they don't really have any big shopping mall like the Hayat's and the Shoprites of this world, though they have smaller ones. A big one will definitely be a good investment. Estimated cost: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Others ones: restaurants and parks
All these requires a lot of capital to start. .. so I don't know....haha!

I won't advise any investor to go into real estate especially serviced apartments. Most of the hotels and serviced apartments are not 1/4 full. We are just only three in my serviced apartment around Kiyovu. Many investors are regretting it. In fact, a lot of hotels and serviced apartments are put up for sale.

I won't also advise anybody to invest in a shopping mall. The indigenes do not have the purchasing power. If you go to Nakumatt, you rarely see them except foreigners.

11 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Agbaletu: 7:47pm On Jan 26, 2018
kaffy4tope:

This place is Dope.

Updates later
Are you still around?

Try and visit lake Kivu and see the Volcanoes in the Northern part of the country.

6 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian In Kigali, Rwanda? by Agbaletu: 7:53pm On Jan 26, 2018
Tintas:
No bank statements. Just a hotel reservation and return ticket. BTA?
A bank statement is not required.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded / Soldier Dragged By A Tipper Driver At Fadeyi, Lagos (Disturbing Photos) / Dilapidated Nature Of Oyebanjo Street, Ketu Lagos That Swallowed Two Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.