Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,095 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:50 AM

Help With My Nissan Pathfinder - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help With My Nissan Pathfinder (2325 Views)

Issues With My Nissan Frontier Please Help Nairalnders / Check Engine Light Blinking On My Nissan Pathfinder / The History And Evolution Of The Nissan Pathfinder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With My Nissan Pathfinder by Blackpromise(m): 7:37am On Jan 02, 2018
I noticed that when ever am driving lately, my car does not move fast enough and then goes off suddenly . My mechanic suggested a fuel pump change , which I did but the problem still persist.....He again suggested I change the coil in the ignition...But the irony is that I just changed the coil in November 2017......Really tired of this issue....dont know what to do again...
It's a NISSAN PATHFINDER 2001 model
Re: Help With My Nissan Pathfinder by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 02, 2018
Blackpromise:
I noticed that when ever am driving lately, my car does not move fast enough and then goes off suddenly . My mechanic suggested a fuel pump change , which I did but the problem still persist.....He again suggested I change the coil in the ignition...But the irony is that I just changed the coil in November 2017......Really tired of this issue....dont know what to do again...
Mention gazzuzz
Re: Help With My Nissan Pathfinder by mayor2013: 8:09am On Jan 02, 2018
Cam and crank sensor issue. Very common on these models
Re: Help With My Nissan Pathfinder by Blackpromise(m): 1:00pm On Jan 02, 2018
mayor2013:
Cam and crank sensor issue. Very common on these models
Thank you.
Re: Help With My Nissan Pathfinder by kingreign(m): 5:49pm On Jan 02, 2018
Scan that truck.
Re: Help With My Nissan Pathfinder by kingreign(m): 5:50pm On Jan 02, 2018
Scan the truck
Re: Help With My Nissan Pathfinder by Blackpromise(m): 6:18pm On Jan 02, 2018
kingreign:
Scan the truck
Allright Sir..Thanks
Re: Help With My Nissan Pathfinder by sooperrescue(m): 3:24am On Jan 04, 2018
Bring it for carbon cleaning. The carbon in that car can block the canal in Isolo. Carbon cleaning is now available in Ikeja
Re: Help With My Nissan Pathfinder by Blackpromise(m): 3:33am On Jan 04, 2018
sooperrescue:
Bring it for carbon cleaning. The carbon in that car can block the canal in Isolo. Carbon cleaning is now available in Ikeja
okay Sir ....where in ikeja and again will the carbon cleaning stop the problem??
Re: Help With My Nissan Pathfinder by sooperrescue(m): 4:02am On Jan 04, 2018
Airforce vehicle engineering squadron onipetesi bus stop old abeokuta road. Nissan recommends premium fuel for maximum performance and you have been using two items that are not suitable for the performance. Engine oil and low octane fuel and the sluggish nature of the vehicle is what you are experiencing. Carbon cleaning will eliminate all the carbon in your engine
Re: Help With My Nissan Pathfinder by gbadebosalewa: 9:59am On Jan 04, 2018
Blackpromise:

Kindly visit mecofinder.com or download the mecofinder app to search for competent auto serviceman near you.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mecofinder.app
Re: Help With My Nissan Pathfinder by autologic: 11:40am On Jan 04, 2018
Blackpromise:

okay Sir ....where in ikeja and again will the carbon cleaning stop the problem??
Don't waste your money on any carbon cleaning ,camshaft and crankshaft sensor malfunction is a typical issue with most Nissan brand .To confirm go for diagnoses.

1 Like

Re: Help With My Nissan Pathfinder by sooperrescue(m): 12:54pm On Jan 04, 2018
A car that had coils and fuel pump changed and still having the same issues and you suggest that he should change camshaft and crankshaft. What will make those items fail in a Nissan?
Re: Help With My Nissan Pathfinder by Kashif(m): 3:08pm On Jan 04, 2018
sooperrescue:
A car that had coils and fuel pump changed and still having the same issues and you suggest that he should change camshaft and crankshaft. What will make those items fail in a Nissan?

He was referring to the sensor(s), not the shafts themselves....
Re: Help With My Nissan Pathfinder by sooperrescue(m): 3:44pm On Jan 04, 2018
I understand
Re: Help With My Nissan Pathfinder by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 04, 2018
sooperrescue:

Your marketing style is confusing. Everything is not about carbon cleaning. Try to open your thread for whoever that is interested in your product rather than confusing the OP
Re: Help With My Nissan Pathfinder by autologic: 7:34pm On Jan 04, 2018
sooperrescue:
Is a general manufactured flaw in Nissan brand if u must know .
Re: Help With My Nissan Pathfinder by Blackpromise(m): 6:48am On Jan 05, 2018
Thank you all for your suggestion and knowledge .Really appreciate..
Re: Help With My Nissan Pathfinder by sooperrescue(m): 8:35am On Jan 05, 2018
Ehuatamuigunisi:

Your marketing style is confusing. Everything is not about carbon cleaning. Try to open your thread for whoever that is interested in your product rather than confusing the OP
There's something to understand about Nissan too. For maximum performance, it requires premium unleaded fuel and it is not available in the country. So what are the effects of using unleaded regular fuel on a Nissan? Poor fuel economy, sluggish ride, gearbox issues and too much carbon. I am making the Op to know that he should take advantage of the opportunity to clean the engine before any other solution. The Range Rovers clients that I have is enough to justify the acquisition of the machine but if others are in need of the service, they need to know.
Re: Help With My Nissan Pathfinder by kingreign(m): 2:05pm On Jan 06, 2018
sooperrescue:

There's something to understand about Nissan too. For maximum performance, it requires premium unleaded fuel and it is not available in the country. So what are the effects of using unleaded regular fuel on a Nissan? Poor fuel economy, sluggish ride, gearbox issues and too much carbon. I am making the Op to know that he should take advantage of the opportunity to clean the engine before any other solution. The Range Rovers clients that I have is enough to justify the acquisition of the machine but if others are in need of the service, they need to know.
wrong assertion on gearbox issues arising from poor quality fuel. besides, not all nissan require premium fuel, a lot of them can run just fine with normal un-leaded fuel. stop forcing this carbon cleaning thingy down people's throat. happy new year.
Re: Help With My Nissan Pathfinder by sooperrescue(m): 3:35pm On Jan 06, 2018
kingreign:

wrong assertion on gearbox issues arising from poor quality fuel. besides, not all nissan require premium fuel, a lot of them can run just fine with normal un-leaded fuel. stop forcing this carbon cleaning thingy down people's throat. happy new year.
I used to have the same notion with you until I realised that one of the effects of Nissan requiring unleaded premium fuel for maximum performance is to have a cool car. Yes, Nissan uses unleaded fuel but their fuel tank cover recommends that you use the premium fuel for maximum performance.So when you use a 20w50 oil on a 3.5 engine and you use the unleaded fuel, what do you get? Can the Op tell us that he has been using synthetic oils or anyone with a Nissan tell us how many times he has changed their transmission and engines? Motorists faces two issues here in the country. fuel and engine oil. If you are not following the manufacturer's spec, you will pay dearly for it. I am not selling my carbon cleaning machine. I am resolving a major issue bedeviling cars in the country. Remember say I still dey sell octane booster and it is a win win situation for us. I will come and collect my Xmas fowl when I reach Abuja. I nor wan hear say Fulani herdsman carry my fowl comot o. Happy New Year

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

We Sell Tyres For Truck And Cars / Lets Discuss Car Milage: Is Your Car Actually Chopping Fuel / I Need Help with my ELM Obd2 Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.