Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! (20730 Views)

See The Moment Sanwo-olu Stormed LRU Office At Alausa - Photos / LRU Officials That Were Waiting For Buhari In Lagos (PHOTO) / LASEMA Rescue Unit (LRU): See The “Superheroes” In Action (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by nwoke37: 8:31pm On Jan 02, 2018
2odd:

This is misinformation,Lagos is not , was not will never be the largest city in Nigeria not to talk of Africa but good innovation

A quick google search will prove me correct...

[url] https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/15-biggest-cities-in-africa.html[/url]
Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by Royaldave200(m): 8:34pm On Jan 02, 2018
favourmic:
I don't know what is wrong with me... Anytime a girl calls me baby I send her money.

get your mumu button deactivated grin

1 Like

Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by nwoke37: 8:39pm On Jan 02, 2018
dustydee:

Why do they have 112 on the ambulances? If you call it 911 service? 112 has been the emergency number for some years in Lagos.

Seun, is this 911 information factually correct? before someone in real emergency will dial 911 instead of 112.

The video and the heading of this thread says to dial 112. It's a similar service in America wherein they dial 911.
Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by dramaine(m): 8:39pm On Jan 02, 2018
Lagos doesn't deserve to be a state in Nigeria! Centre of Excellence

1 Like

Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by ekpnigeria: 8:41pm On Jan 02, 2018
Lagos has already moved out of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by Afeski(m): 8:45pm On Jan 02, 2018
Like 20 years to come before the ancient edo state will think about something like this or benefiting developmental feats.
Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by 2odd(m): 8:51pm On Jan 02, 2018
nwoke37:

A quick google search will prove me correct...

[url] https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/15-biggest-cities-in-africa.html[/url]
Bro I think I Know the problem , Lagos is the most populous city in Nigeria may be Africa but I no trust all those bogus censor ,most pple returned to their hometown for the said censor ,we just kip inflating the numbers both in Lagos and Kano , every election total votes wey dey come from Lagos no dey reach 2million , ibadan is the largest city in Nigeria.. size/large ,don't mind all those berated bloggers wey no Sabi English , if I pack 10 people inside one room ,does it makes it bigger than 10persons in the whole house ?? But we say the room is densely populated not large/big

Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by Hungrychicken(m): 8:58pm On Jan 02, 2018
The line go just block becos if witches no let u rest call 911, if your village dey work hard 4 your matter, call 911. Make my bet9ja game enter ooo or i go call.....
Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by nwoke37: 8:58pm On Jan 02, 2018
2odd:

Bro I think I Know the problem , Lagos is the most populous city in Nigeria may be Africa but I no trust all those bogus censor ,most pple returned to their hometown for the said censor ,we just kip inflating the numbers both in Lagos and Kano , every election total votes wey dey come from Lagos no dey reach 2million , ibadan is the largest city in Nigeria.. size/large ,don't mind all those berated bloggers wey no Sabi English , if I pack 10 people inside one room ,does it makes it bigger than 10persons in the whole house ?? But we say the room is densely populated not large/big

It's possible to say a country, state or city is large and people would understand in terms of population.

Example.
Nigeria is largest country in Africa. Why? They aren't the largest landmass but the largest population...
Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by 2odd(m): 9:08pm On Jan 02, 2018
nwoke37:

It's possible to say a country, state or city is large and people would understand in terms of population.

Example.
Nigeria is largest country in Africa. Why? They aren't the largest landmass but the largest population...

1 Share

Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 02, 2018
cowleg:

Tribalistic animal
That's who you are.

3 Likes

Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by thunderbabs: 9:10pm On Jan 02, 2018
Plz, is buhari on nairaland? Hope he z seeing this...

Lagos is a blessed country,
Leadership-visionary
Economy - vibrant

Buhari don't nid to go far for Template

1 Like

Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by nwoke37: 9:12pm On Jan 02, 2018
[quote author=2odd post=63836827][/quote]

If you notice, the search results say largest in terms of area or land mass. It's relative. If you continue scrolling you'll see largest in terms of population...
Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by babadee1(m): 9:16pm On Jan 02, 2018
2odd:

This is misinformation,Lagos is not , was not will never be the largest city in Nigeria not to talk of Africa but good innovation

I think they mean in terms of population not geographical size.

2 Likes

Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by Gerrard59(m): 9:26pm On Jan 02, 2018
Lyoncrescent:
All thanks to Tinubu. Tinubu is our Lee Kuan Yew . Tinubu has been Governor since 1999. If you know, you know.

That's an insult to Late LKY. Tinubu is nowhere close to what LKY did for Singapore.

@Post, Commendable from Lagos. Another reason why federalism is needed.
Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by 2odd(m): 9:29pm On Jan 02, 2018
babadee1:

I think they mean in terms of population not geographical size.

Okay but if u say largest by population I agree but largest alone is an entirely different concept but hey what do I know?? Just that the first page on Google search has nothing like largest by population just Area or something?? I think this is why the word "most populous " was invented to avoid mix up like this n wrong info

Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by Oluwatosin555(m): 9:42pm On Jan 02, 2018
favourmic:
I don't know what is wrong with me... Anytime a girl calls me baby I send her money.

Your head needs holy water plus default reset☺���������
Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by muffyt05: 9:43pm On Jan 02, 2018
cowleg:
shocked cool shocked

Ambo Ambo
Ambo Ambo
Lagos has been blessed with good leaders since 1999. Thank God PDP have no stake in Lagos state. Lagos has a clear vision of development than the entire nation at whole. In as much as I hail all the current and past leadership of Lagos. I also reiterate that without the economic dexterity of Igbo's the developmental strides of Lagos state govt wont be this astonishing.

Eko oni baje
Lagos adigo mma, nye aka ka odi mma

You were actually making a whole lot of sense until you mentioned the "economic dexterity of Igbo's developmental strides". Do you even know how many multinational companies in the state and how much revenue they generate to the government? Do you know how much taxes the likes of Dangote,Michael Adenuga,Femi Otedola,Dantata ...pay in taxes to the government. My guy,no one is saying you guys don't have your share of contributions to the development of the state but you all need to stop over estimating your influence or do you think the taxes paid by spare parts dealers or some other businesses is what is sustaining Lagos state?

4 Likes

Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by damola1: 9:46pm On Jan 02, 2018
No matter how small one must always pay tax to support this kind of work
Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by babadee1(m): 9:51pm On Jan 02, 2018
2odd:

Okay but if u say largest by population I agree but largest alone is an entirely different concept but hey what do I know?? Just that the first page on Google search has nothing like largest by population just Area or something?? I think this is why the word "most populous " was invented to avoid mix up like this n wrong info

Yeah you're right, most populous is a more accurate way of saying it. But Lagos state is the smallest state in Nigeria in terms of area, most people know this, so it has to be obvious he's talking about population size.

1 Like

Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by middlebelter(m): 10:16pm On Jan 02, 2018
Daviddson:
Ambode is a stellar 'performer', no doubt. The only thing that can top it all is becoming the first State to generate its own power independent of the FG. I know that plan is already in the works.
No doubt, but am happy with Ambode 's performance and but I will also want to appeal to him not to forget the 4th Mainland Bridge.
Has anyone update on the project in this forum?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by Jola58: 10:25pm On Jan 02, 2018
nwoke37:
Lagos, the largest city in Africa, gears up for modernization as it starts to operate an emergency service similar to those seen in Europe and America.
Click link below..

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUcuL1K67vA [/url]

Mods, please take this to the front page...

How is Lagos the largest city in africa
Lala, pleasee
Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 02, 2018
Yes, Lagos is really the state to emulate but my major concern now is the re-appearance of heaps and heaps of refuse dotting the streets of Lagos. I thought this problem had been solved once and for all

2 Likes

Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by crixlight2(m): 10:51pm On Jan 02, 2018
favourmic:

Baby how are you

Union bank

1 Like

Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by Lipscomb(m): 10:54pm On Jan 02, 2018
You mind them lagosian are watching..
frankson1:

And in another post one other party said they would take over Lagos in the next election.
Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by dustydee: 11:11pm On Jan 02, 2018
nwoke37:

The video and the heading of this thread says to dial 112. It's a similar service in America wherein they dial 911.
What is the meaning of "gets 911 service".
The front page titled it differently. And is it not easier to just state it as 112? How many people visit a thread from the home page and still look at the title on the thread?
nairaland is misleading people and Seun and his moderators have refused to rein them in as long as it generates traffic. I wonder if the mod that moved it to FP will get a ban for violating rule 8.
Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by 2odd(m): 11:26pm On Jan 02, 2018
babadee1:

Yeah you're right, most populous is a more accurate way of saying it. But Lagos state is the smallest state in Nigeria in terms of area, most people know this, so it has to be obvious he's talking about population size.
Yeah you are right though, but have come across those NL newbies ,they digest anything ,hook, line and sinker without cross checking ,but I agree with you though
Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by Dan18(m): 11:36pm On Jan 02, 2018
Tocheagle:
911 has been working in Lagos for a long time, I have dialed it severally and it goes through always
It works even without a sim.

2 Likes

Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by Yinkaotunba123: 11:56pm On Jan 02, 2018
Kudos to Governor Ambode, you have performed beyond expectations. Imagine somebody saying he is not impress with the performance of Ambode, maybe you are from a state where killing has become daily occurrence. Mr Ambode, can you please annex Osun state with Lagos, so that people of Osun can feel your impact like Lagosian do.
Re: LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service! by nwoke37: 12:35am On Jan 03, 2018
dustydee:

What is the meaning of "gets 911 service".
The front page titled it differently. And is it not easier to just state it as 112? How many people visit a thread from the home page and still look at the title on the thread?
nairaland is misleading people and Seun and his moderators have refused to rein them in as long as it generates traffic. I wonder if the mod that moved it to FP will get a ban for violating rule 8.

No one said to dial 911. It was only alluding to the emergency service seen in America. If you and the others watched the video , it says dial 112

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Pays N85.5million As Dariye Allowances In Prison / Several Bandits, Two Soldiers, Policeman Killed In Gunfight In Zamfara / LG Polls: APC Thank Lagosians For Voting Overwhelmingly For Its Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.