Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

What Makes People To Steal? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Makes People To Steal? (1589 Views)

Is It Right For Married People To Go Clubbing ??? / US Scientists Discovers Virus That Makes People More Stupid / What Makes A Man/woman Responsible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes People To Steal? by Rogo: 5:33pm On Feb 28, 2007
TOPIC: what makes people to steal?
Its troubles my mine when I see young youth under the age of 18 are be killed for robbery. The question that mount my mind what makes them to do that, is it laziness, unemployment or non-proper training. Recently I came across four youths under the age of 18 were killed for robbery case. What is happening? Someone should help why people are stealing.
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by naijacutee(f): 12:32am On Mar 01, 2007
The same that that makes people tell lies to cover up things, talk behind peoples backs, not return money to the shopkeeper when he has given us too much change etc
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by Nobody: 1:40am On Mar 01, 2007
greed
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by OmoEko1(f): 1:41am On Mar 01, 2007
been poor or maybe thay got no money to buy food
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by Badman888(m): 1:45am On Mar 01, 2007
even people that are rich, some cant just help but to steal
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by Free(f): 3:28am On Mar 01, 2007
is da work of da devil grin
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by OmoEko1(f): 3:47am On Mar 01, 2007
Free:

is da work of da devil grin
y is it always the work of devil, y not tthe human
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by cuteass1(f): 12:33am On Mar 02, 2007
Some people steal to survive, bur the people that'll never stop to amaze me are the ones that steal because they're addicted to stealing and has it as a way of life. Peple who are well to do but still find it fun to tomment other. I'll forever miss BAKASSI in Nigeria sad
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by bunmii(f): 12:44pm On Mar 02, 2007
under 18 year old being killed for robbery that is so sad shocked. where i live even if u kill someone you get prison sentence not death somebody need to rewrite the rule, under 18 are more or less kids.

people steal because of greed, laziness and peer pressure
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by Manty(m): 2:37pm On Mar 27, 2010
To my own best of knowledge d only reason why people steal is because of greed, because u are poor is not a good reason for u to steal rather greed makes poor people to want to live big which resort to stealing.
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by coolier(f): 7:20pm On Mar 27, 2010
Not everybody steals because of greed, most times people steal things they do not even need or want, they just do it on impulse.
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by axeman85(m): 2:57pm On Mar 28, 2010
oju ko ko ro and ai ni ite lorun. and some people steal beacuse its in their blood, they just want to steal something even thou they dont need it. whatever that is called i dont know.
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by lannre(m): 3:14pm On Mar 28, 2010
their state of being contented is zero
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by prixxy(f): 3:47pm On Mar 28, 2010
oju ko ko ro and ai ni ite lorun. and some people steal beacuse its in their blood, they just want to steal something even thou they dont need it. whatever that is called i dont know.

its called SICKNESS
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by GL(f): 9:11pm On Mar 28, 2010
greed, laziness, mental or emotional disorder
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by Nobody: 1:55am On Mar 29, 2010
GL:

greed, laziness, mental or emotional disorder

yeaH!

if you steal and you tell the truth, cool,  but some people steal and still deny!

I used to think everybody is the same but I never knew ppl are different

Just my saying #3
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by harleynred(f): 8:46pm On May 17, 2010
[color=#770077][/color]
Steal outa of habit, my 14 stole food from us pretty much daily, so good at it we rarely caught him,
now stealing from super store on reg basis got 2 tickets so far, he's not really a bad kid except has
a sneaky side to him, what to do?
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by nellaluv(f): 1:22am On May 18, 2010
greed and poverty and work of the devil sad
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by indie22(f): 2:35pm On May 18, 2010
For some people its not even greed or poverty, they just get a compulsion to take something thats not their's, or something they dont even need,

I used to have a cousin that was a serious klepto, we (even my dad and mum) used to run and hide our valuables/ not so valuables anytime she came to stay, her case was so bad that nothing was safe around her,
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by Outstrip(f): 2:55pm On May 18, 2010
Greed
Bad Parenting
Peer Pressure
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by bigfather(m): 12:20am On May 19, 2010
Greeed !!!!!
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by harleynred(f): 3:27pm On May 19, 2010
We to have to hide things or they'll get taken ever since this boy was able to crawl,
always has to take something not his, now that older been stealing from stores,
got caught 2 times has 2 tickets and in process of what's gonna happen to him now,
good thing when you're a minor your record goes away but when your an adult it won't!
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by Nobody: 11:47pm On May 19, 2010
greed,laziness n emotional disorder,very good excuse 2 give 2 ur lawyer wen he defe grin grin ;Dnds u in court grin grin grin grin grin i really like dat,i assure u he will be soo free,he wont have 2 go 2 kirikiri
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by mamagee3(f): 2:34am On May 20, 2010
Well, they are so many reasons people steal:

For most people, Stealing is habitual.

For some, Stealing is their only means of survival.
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by minute(f): 3:00pm On May 20, 2010
Stealing could be due to mental illness.Have you heard about kleptomania?

Or it could be due to hunger or poverty.Or could be due to immediate need,

like it's your last resort.And as for younger generations,stealing is a form of

rebellion(against parents,teachers,etc)
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by desthan(m): 5:53pm On May 20, 2010
Stealing is a cheaters way of getting what they want.

In the early morning hours when my alarm clock begins to buzz, I roll over and push the snooze button. I trick myself into believing a few more minutes will make all the difference. Next time I will get out of bed. However as I steal minutes to continue sleeping I lose minutes of the morning to get ready for work. All too soon, the realization of my own self-delusion slams into me like a lightning bolt. I jolt out of bed frantic to steal another few minutes so I will not be late undecided undecided.

Stealing is a never-ending spring of deception. Those who steal do so because they are unaware, and want immediate results in the situation. They are unaware of any other moment than now. They are unaware of what it means to grow, to nurture and to develop. Stealing is an animal instinct that reacts on impulse. Those who steal have never learned how to be the cook in their own lives. All they have knowledge of is their own hunger.

Self-sufficiency comes from understanding and accepting ones own need and the needs of others. This is the foundation we each are responsible for building in our own lives. Like time this is a part of life that we cannot steal.

Life is simply messy. . . .  undecided
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by Sissy3(f): 3:00am On May 21, 2010
all other reasons listed plus some feel they can and can get away with it
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by femmy2010(m): 3:12pm On May 21, 2010
Oju Kokoro
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 21, 2010
question mark
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by Mobinga: 7:37am On May 26, 2010
Poverty.
Peer Pressure.
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by Igwe9(m): 11:57am On May 26, 2010
People steal for lack of ''moral value, conscience and fear of God''.
When moral value is for the youths, conscience for the born criminals, then fear of God goes for the opportunist politicians, businesspersons and some of the public servants through one way or the other.
sad
Re: What Makes People To Steal? by femmy2010(m): 8:40pm On May 26, 2010
Not having the fear of God.

(1) (Reply)

jhgfxxcnmlop / What Are You Thankful For? / Searching For My Junior Brother Who Was Kidnapped Yesterday!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.