Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,812 members, 7,802,615 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Why Are The So Called Men Of God Silent On The Fulani Herdsmen Massacre In Benue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are The So Called Men Of God Silent On The Fulani Herdsmen Massacre In Benue (858 Views)

Osagie Ehanire Silent On Question About Abba Kyari’s Whereabouts / 'Buhari Is Lifeless': Presidency, US Embassy Silent On Trump's Comment / Fulani Herdsmen Massacre: #BenueMourns Trends On Twitter, Nigerians Slam Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are The So Called Men Of God Silent On The Fulani Herdsmen Massacre In Benue by zombieTRACKER: 7:38am On Jan 03, 2018
It's now a norm
Fulani herdsmen attacked some parts of benue again
And as usual we lament over it on social media while nothing happens ..no measures are taken to curtail future occurrences
No solution at hand ... And the cycle continues

The primary duty of any government is to protect her citizens from any form of aggression or attack within or outside the country... But knowing the kind of man and his kitchen cabinet in aso rock
I expect absolutely nothing from him on this regard considering his antecedents and this is the kind of man benue people lined up under the hot sun to vote for in 2015.... It's a story for another day

Majority of benue indegenes are mainly Christians... So basically an attack on them can be likened to an attack on the body of Christ
Why are the pastors and daddy G.o not lending their voices on the happenings in benue
I mean they came out in unison to attack Mr freeze who spoke against tithes and private jets
Some of the pastors even went as far as to issue threats and curses on Mr freeze
Do these pastors only find their voices when their source of income and livelihood is being threatened?

I could remember when a Redeem church pastors wife was murdered in the north ...her name was Mrs Elizabeth Agbahime
One could have expected that incident to shake the very foundation of this country but Alas.... No word from any quarters and today the perpetrators of this dastardly act roam the streets as free men

Am not here to educate or enlighten us on what the duty of a pastor or daddy G.o would be as regards the situation at hand
So I expect outright condemnation of this devilish act by the Fulani herdsmen on the peace loving people of benue from all the daddy G.O
I want to see them talk tough and give this dead government an ultimatum so as to wake up for their responsibilities and protect lives..

Whoever knows them should help pass on this message.. Because I expect instant results
If not I will be left with no option than to believe that tithes and offerings means more to them than human lives.....

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Why Are The So Called Men Of God Silent On The Fulani Herdsmen Massacre In Benue by teemanbastos(m): 7:49am On Jan 03, 2018
why are the Imams silent too angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The So Called Men Of God Silent On The Fulani Herdsmen Massacre In Benue by EternalTruths: 7:51am On Jan 03, 2018
teemanbastos:

Do allah speak to imams.?
Re: Why Are The So Called Men Of God Silent On The Fulani Herdsmen Massacre In Benue by EternalTruths: 7:52am On Jan 03, 2018
All these pastors are not connected to God.
They give irrelevant prophecies.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The So Called Men Of God Silent On The Fulani Herdsmen Massacre In Benue by teemanbastos(m): 7:54am On Jan 03, 2018
EternalTruths:

aren't they respected figures in Society?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are The So Called Men Of God Silent On The Fulani Herdsmen Massacre In Benue by onward4life(m): 7:57am On Jan 03, 2018
Becos of 2015 election marriage
Re: Why Are The So Called Men Of God Silent On The Fulani Herdsmen Massacre In Benue by zombieTRACKER: 7:58am On Jan 03, 2018
teemanbastos:

Considering our diversity and knowing that Benue people are mainly Christians... I think it's only logical if you expect little or nothing from the Imams... Their people are not at the receiving side of it
Though it's wrong
But that's the Nigeria we have today

1 Like

Re: Why Are The So Called Men Of God Silent On The Fulani Herdsmen Massacre In Benue by NaoSlay: 8:01am On Jan 03, 2018
So pastors should comment on Fulani herdsmen issue?

The ipob youths can't be satisfied in this country.

What will their comment help?
Politics and Religion are two different things.

Even tho am a Christian, I support both MURIC and CAN in not commenting about Boko Haram and Herdsmen.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The So Called Men Of God Silent On The Fulani Herdsmen Massacre In Benue by CandidSeeker(m): 8:01am On Jan 03, 2018
They are not men of God.

They are business men & others are conmen.
Re: Why Are The So Called Men Of God Silent On The Fulani Herdsmen Massacre In Benue by teemanbastos(m): 8:02am On Jan 03, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

Considering our diversity and knowing that Benue people are mainly Christians... I think it's only logical if you expect little or nothing from the Imams... Their people are not at the receiving side of it
Though it's wrong
But that's the Nigeria we have today
I don't know why the people you tagged 'so called men of God' haven't spoken about the situations but you can contribute so much more by praying that God consoles the families of the deceased and that the culprits be arrested ASAP (that's if you a Christian or Muslim) and if you are neither, simply commiserate with the victims and go.
No need attacking any body again.

The Killers attacked the body,
You are attacking the personalities?
Neither is good

1 Like

Re: Why Are The So Called Men Of God Silent On The Fulani Herdsmen Massacre In Benue by Desyner: 8:04am On Jan 03, 2018
People now hold men of God instead of voted leaders.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The So Called Men Of God Silent On The Fulani Herdsmen Massacre In Benue by zombieTRACKER: 8:05am On Jan 03, 2018
If after 24 hours and nothing about the recent massacre in benue by the men of God...
I will not take it easy on them
The body of Christ cannot be on fire while her Generals on earth are sleeping....

You know their names and churches
They have branches all over benue

1 Like

Re: Why Are The So Called Men Of God Silent On The Fulani Herdsmen Massacre In Benue by EternalTruths: 8:09am On Jan 03, 2018
zombieTRACKER:
If after 24 hours and nothing about the recent massacre in benue by the men of God...
I will not take it easy on them
The body of Christ cannot be on fire while her Generals on earth are sleeping....

You know their names and churches
They have branches all over benue

I will publicly apologize to Adeboye if he speaks against these attacks.

If it is tithe, watch him open his mouth and list out the benefits of tithing.

I don't trust these pastors especially Adeboye.

He has never cautioned Buhari about this herdsmen terrorism despite being the one whose church was used as a campaign platform for Buhari.
Re: Why Are The So Called Men Of God Silent On The Fulani Herdsmen Massacre In Benue by zombieTRACKER: 8:15am On Jan 03, 2018
teemanbastos:
I don't know why the people you tagged 'so called men of God' haven't spoken about the situations but you can contribute so much more by praying that God consoles the families of the deceased and that the culprits be arrested ASAP (that's if you a Christian or Muslim) and if you are neither, simply commiserate with the victims and go.
No need attacking any body again.

The Killers attacked the body,
You are attacking the personalities?
Neither is good
There is no time for prayers
It's time to act
All indices shows that this is routine and systematic

The greatness of any nation is a measure of how well the weakest of her citizen is being treated
Re: Why Are The So Called Men Of God Silent On The Fulani Herdsmen Massacre In Benue by teemanbastos(m): 8:24am On Jan 03, 2018
EternalTruths:

I will publicly apologize to Adeboye if he speaks against these attacks.

If it is tithe, watch him open his mouth and list out the benefits of tithing.

I don't trust these pastors especially Adeboye.

He has never cautioned Buhari about this herdsmen terrorism despite being the one whose church was used as a campaign platform for Buhari.
You guys expect these men of God to be making public statements when they are not politicians?
What of if they have sent delegates to visit the areas? but because they did not carry the media along, then it means they have defaulted? that's just an assumption tho.
We should be careful, Because they did not involve the media does not mean they are not doing anything.

Why do you want men of God to be publicizing and criticizing on the media?
Adeboye never once went to the media to tell Nigerians that everyone should tithe, he will only say so in his church but it's people that will go to YouTube, extract only the part they want to attack and spread to the world, they wouldn't even listen to the whole sermon thereby demonizing these pastors.
Yet when miracles are done, roads are constructed, visits are made, these people wouldn't publicize them..
then what's the point? it is not the tithe they are attacking but the man.

The topic was brought forth to spite men of God and not to show Compassion as intended.
The Judas Iscariotic spirit.

I am done commenting, Something about Nigerians is that they attack others when they themselves are not better off.
Re: Why Are The So Called Men Of God Silent On The Fulani Herdsmen Massacre In Benue by iriakanns(m): 8:26am On Jan 03, 2018
When apostle sulieman and bishop oyedepo spoke against the fulani herdsmen am sure the op was amongst nigerians that tagged them harsh and ungodly,it was after apostle sulieman spoke against the killings in southern kaduna that elrufia arranged the otobo controversy and this same op joined in condemning the apostle.
nigerians will never get satisfied,you now expect pastors to function in place of the leaders you elected and should hold accountable.
*why are muslim clerics not doing or saying anything in all of this attacks.
*fulani herdsmen are muslims and its the emirs and imams that would say what they would listen to.
*what has the buhari led administration done so far to curtail the evil deeds of this herdsmen?,let muslims put their house in order and live by the code of conduct of their holy book,ex
Re: Why Are The So Called Men Of God Silent On The Fulani Herdsmen Massacre In Benue by EternalTruths: 9:59am On Jan 03, 2018
teemanbastos:
You guys expect these men of God to be making public statements when they are not politicians?
What of if they have sent delegates to visit the areas? but because they did not carry the media along, then it means they have defaulted? that's just an assumption tho.
We should be careful, Because they did not involve the media does not mean they are not doing anything.

Why do you want men of God to be publicizing and criticizing on the media?
Adeboye never once went to the media to tell Nigerians that everyone should tithe, he will only say so in his church but it's people that will go to YouTube, extract only the part they want to attack and spread to the world, they wouldn't even listen to the whole sermon thereby demonizing these pastors.
Yet when miracles are done, roads are constructed, visits are made, these people wouldn't publicize them..
then what's the point? it is not the tithe they are attacking but the man.

The topic was brought forth to spite men of God and not to show Compassion as intended.
The Judas Iscariotic spirit.

I am done commenting, Something about Nigerians is that they attack others when they themselves are not better off.

You are free today from Slavery because John Wesley a Methodist preacher encouraged Wilberforce to continue his campaign against slavery.

Imagine what will happen if Adeboye, Kumuyi, Oyedepo, etc come together and make a public statement against Fulani herdsmen terrorism.

Don't worry, it will soon be the same in the West and by then I will mock Adeboye if he speaks out against the attack of his people after supporting Buhari indirectly.
Re: Why Are The So Called Men Of God Silent On The Fulani Herdsmen Massacre In Benue by orisa37: 10:07am On Jan 03, 2018
They will sting back in due season.
Re: Why Are The So Called Men Of God Silent On The Fulani Herdsmen Massacre In Benue by farem: 9:48pm On Jan 22, 2018
EternalTruths:

What are you insinuating? Allah is dumb?
Re: Why Are The So Called Men Of God Silent On The Fulani Herdsmen Massacre In Benue by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 22, 2018
They only speak out when it is affecting their bottom line. I can't wait for Nigeria to be islamized. Let me see how the Pastors like Adeboye and co will be collecting tithes and offerings.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The So Called Men Of God Silent On The Fulani Herdsmen Massacre In Benue by flamingREED(m): 10:15pm On Jan 22, 2018
They are not silent:

They TRAVAIL in prayers.

But I know the OP does not believe in their prayers, so he should not also believe in their calling.

What if they've prayed and God said 'Nigerians deserve their sufferings and so He won't intervene because of their MIGHTY SINS'?

(1) (Reply)

Herdsmen Killings: We Are Ready To Fight Fulani, Spill Our Blood-benue Youths / 2019: Buhari’s Campaign Cap Floods FEC / Who Are The Cabals In Buhari's Government?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.