Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? (7810 Views)

5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. / Ladies ; Would You leave Your Husband In A Place Like This (photo) / Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by deluxecad(m): 8:53pm On Apr 07, 2010
"No! Not me! I need a private and hotly romantic life." That's the typical response you'd get from majority of our ladies. Does the fact that a man heeds a call to divine service make him less of a man? Can't pastors be romantic as well? Would that keep his hormones from flowing? Why would a typical lady think that a pastor would be all pious, conservative, and religious when it comes to performing his conjugal rites? Would you marry a pastor if you love him eventually? Yes, you!
Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by Sissy3(f): 7:46am On Apr 08, 2010
well i cant say i blame those who say such things because some pastors with their strict beliefs leaves little room for spontaneity/imagination in marriage.
Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by deluxecad(m): 9:12am On Apr 08, 2010
Haven't you heard of some randy pastors? I've heard.
Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by madlady(f): 9:41am On Apr 08, 2010
Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by SALady(f): 10:41am On Apr 08, 2010
hmmmm! what do I say. While it may be good for me it can also be quiet a challenge for a girl like me still. See sometimes I need to get a little crazy just to survive (dont worry guys i always know my boundries), now with a husband like that I worry that there may be some restrictions even in mere conversation. I worry that I must always keep it sane/philosophical all the time and that's hard. Madnesses is needed once in a while.

Alao there's an element of the congregation that will always be keeping an eye on you, and one little mistake is turned into a big hooha! I am sorry I cant. Maybe its true, that you will end up with the one you are suppose to be with.
Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by freshera: 10:51am On Apr 08, 2010
No way!!! I don't want to be seeing demons at 1.00am in the night in my bedroom all because my husband delivered someone from the claws of witches grin. When other people are busy enjoying themselves  cheesy. Or seeing human-snakes in my kitchen shocked Lai lai. It is a very risky job.

Having invisible demons come after you anyday, anytime, anytime whether you are spiritually prepared or not is crazy and scary. They could even come after the children.

Any spiritual lapse or dozing by the pastor could lead to attack and then death. They have to be strong all the time, pray like mad and fast endlessly.To be a TRUE PASTOR requires suffering grin on earth and enjoying in heaven.They can't let down their guard anytime. No way!

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by deluxecad(m): 11:27am On Apr 08, 2010
freshera:

No way!!! I don't want to be seeing demons at 1.00am in the night in my bedroom all because my husband delivered someone from the claws of witches grin. When other people are busy enjoying themselves  cheesy. Or seeing human-snakes in my kitchen shocked Lai lai. It is a very risky job.

Having invisible demons come after you anyday, anytime, anytime whether you are spiritually prepared or not is crazy and scary. They could even come after the children.

Any spiritual lapse or dozing by the pastor could lead to attack and then death. They have to be strong all the time, pray like mad and fast endlessly.To be a TRUE PASTOR requires suffering grin on earth and enjoying in heaven.They can't let down their guard anytime. No way!
I understand. Lol. So which isn't risky? Life is about risk, risk and more risk.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by freshera: 12:03pm On Apr 08, 2010
@deluxecard, Fine, life is about risks. But shouldn't one try to minimise risks? I believe the riskier the job, the more should be the benefits. Generally the TRUE pastors are not always that rich. cheesy

Which is why I believe they should have other jobs or sources of income.

Another thing about ministerial job is that, one mistake and you are dead. grin. God expects them to use wisdom and the Bible to guide themselves at all times.

So if they don't, it is either He strikes (after warning) or the devil strikes without warning grin grin grin

The risk is too much. People attack them (scandals), women seduce them cheesy, demons attack them, witches attack them, occultists attack them, poverty(might be lack of knowledge or wisdom though) attacks and life does its own as well.

And if they don't know what to do and and don't know how to ask, listen and receive, they lose badly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by Obelomo: 3:34pm On Apr 08, 2010
I don't mind if God says so, but it is not my motive to marry a pastor! Being a pastor wife it is a lot of challenges, u basically become a kind of public figure. People watch everything u say and do! I just want a God-fearing Christian man. Even they said I am suppose to do God's work, but I am trying to find out what it really is for me.
Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by star(f): 8:03pm On Apr 08, 2010
My dears, I married my husband and two years later he was to be ordained a pastor. I love being myself,
Its ok sha
Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by manmustwac(m): 8:13pm On Apr 08, 2010
star:

My dears, I married my husband and a two years later he was to be ordained a pastor. I fought tooth and nail so it wont come to pass cos I love being myself, but he still wemnt ahead. Now am being watched as a pastor's wife and to be juidged even with the air I breathe on.
Its ok sha
don't worry by this time next year pastor would've bought himself a new house smiley
Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by ritaNL: 10:46pm On Apr 08, 2010
I wont.
Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by star(f): 9:12am On Apr 09, 2010
manmustwac,
We already have--- too bad u are so shallow minded,

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 09, 2010
star:

My dears, I married my husband and a two years later he was to be ordained a pastor. I fought tooth and nail so it wont come to pass cos I love being myself, but he still wemnt ahead. Now am being watched as a pastor's wife and to be juidged even with the air I breathe on.
Its ok sha
LOL
Did you not know of his desire/wish to become a pastor? Or did it happen over-night?

And

When you talk about being yourself, what are you now? Fake??
Or are you referring to restraining yourself because it goes with the job of being a pastors wife??
Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by manmustwac(m): 9:52pm On Apr 11, 2010
star:

manmustwac,
We already have--- too bad u are so shallow minded,
what is so shallow minded in what i said? Isn't the church a business instititution the purpose of which is to milk its poor congregation out of its hard earned money in order to feed your husband the pastors

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by spoilt(f): 12:41am On Apr 12, 2010
No. I can only take so much righteousness. grin
Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by SALady(f): 11:28am On Apr 12, 2010
spoilt:

No. I can only take so much righteousness. grin

^^^hahhaaahhaa! Oh God I almost fell of my chair laughing. I love it, am also feeling a bit under the weather today and this really cheered me up,
Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by premedshow: 5:28am On Sep 07, 2011
I always wanted to marry a God fearing pastor because not only would I have a great guy with a great character but I would be serving God which to me is the ultimate. It is so bad that sometimes I ask the guy if his father is a pastor or is he want to be one. I think that partly has to do with the fact that my dad was a pastor and I always wanted to be like my mum as I saw God use both my dad and mother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by cexplorer(m): 11:29am On Sep 07, 2011
I asked my daughter this particular question few years back who replied with an emphatic no! Her arguement was that pastors' major concern is about going to heaven while she believed in living life to the fullest leaving the issue of heaven to Jesus Christ according to John 14.

I have learnt many lessons from that statement from my teenage daughter than many sermons from my pastors. One of those lessons is to live as human as possible: lively, lovely, sensual, happy, humoros, real and practical be you a pastor or a president as long as you live it God's Way!

So, if I was a woman I would have married a pastor: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome being my first choice then Pastor Tunde Bakare and the likes of them!rried a pastor: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome being my first choice then Pastor Tunde Bakare and the likes of them!
Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by cindylee: 2:37pm On Sep 07, 2011
Hell NO! I can't carry that kind of commitment.
Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by obowunmi(m): 2:59pm On Sep 07, 2011
Only a foolish woman will claim that she doesn't want to marry a Pastor. Do you know how much tax-free income you can make ? You can write useless books and sell them to people, Nigerians will buy it. You can manipulate people ?! You can convince people now to speak against you because god says "touch not my annoited." The people responding here, just wouldn't know what to do with power when they have it.

Pastors have power and can control the masses with their power. You can buy private jets, a new house, cars, and amass wealth on earth under the name of "God."

Most people on this thread are referring to marrying an honest man who chooses spirituality over anything else. Otherwise, most pastors in Nigeria are materialistic goons. Not sure why any woman would turn the opportunity down.
Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by N101: 5:19pm On Sep 07, 2011
obowunmi:

Only a foolish woman will claim that she doesn't want to marry a Pastor. Do you know how much tax-free income you can make ? You can write useless books and sell them to people, Nigerians will buy it. You can manipulate people ?! You can convince people now to speak against you because god says "touch not my annoited." The people responding here, just wouldn't know what to do with power when they have it.

Pastors have power and can control the masses with their power. You can buy private jets, a new house, cars, and amass wealth on earth under the name of "God."

Most people on this thread are referring to marrying an honest man who chooses spirituality over anything else. Otherwise, most pastors in Nigeria are materialistic goons. Not sure why any woman would turn the opportunity down.

You had me laughing today, especially your first paragraph "touch not my anointed" lol.

@ OP if I had to marry a pastor it would definitely not be a Nigerian type of pastor - I subscribe to obowunmi's bold above.  On the other hand, if the person you marry feels called to be a pastor, that's another matter altogether.
Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by ifyalways(f): 6:03pm On Sep 07, 2011
Ajirebi became a female,a pastors child and dreaming of marrying a pastor himself all on this thread?

Haha,the gods are wise.

@Topic, NO way.Reason: i feel pastors wud be boring in bed.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by nsodo: 11:27am On Sep 08, 2011
Romantic Life! Who told them that pastors are not romantic for i would because i am sure about my spiritual life when am married to a pastor since he will be in position to guide me towards the journey to heaven which is the most important than love.
Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by Bestglo(f): 12:07pm On Sep 08, 2011
ifyalways:

[b]Ajirebi became a female,a pastors child and dreaming of marrying a pastor himself all on this thread?[/b]Haha,the gods are wise.

@Topic, NO way.Reason: i feel pastors wud be boring in bed.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@ topic, i wouldn't prefer it
Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by cexplorer(m): 12:59pm On Sep 08, 2011
I do not speak for pastors but I'm sure pastors are as human as anybody: loving, romantic, sensual and lively.
Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by ifyalways(f): 1:33pm On Sep 08, 2011
^are you a pastor?do you think pastors wud be "liberal" in bed?won't they consider certain acts "sinful"? Plus after all the shouting et all,are they not just climbing in bed to snore away?lol

Just asking,not saying for sure.
Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by Adeniran1010(m): 3:50pm On Aug 20, 2017
Can we talk
Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by Nobody: 12:36am On Aug 21, 2017
If and only if hes true with his worship to God.
That will bring me more closer to God

But pastors these days are even worse off!
Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by MrRhymes101(m): 5:49am On Aug 21, 2017
Whoever u choose to marry, just make sure I'm your wedding MC lol. Check my signature
Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by Nobody: 5:58am On Aug 21, 2017
i wont like to marry a pastor
Re: Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor? by mimopel(f): 7:03pm On Aug 21, 2017
This question is asked 7years ago.. But lemme answer regardless

If u ask me this question in 2010...my NO will be longer Dan the word 'No' I don't ever imagine or love to marry pastor.

But recently I am beginning to have a thing for pastors this days so yes...If he has the profile I want in a man...y not??

BTW who says pastors are not romantic??...u never jam pastor ooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

THE REAL MAN...... By Lizzy Oyebola Oyekunle / When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? / Husband Wants To End Marriage Because I Don't Obey.... What To Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.