Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (570575 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by olaolutreasure(m): 10:02pm On Jan 17, 2018
Pearl05:
What just happened? I read an update commented then went back to read again but couldn't find it.
I can't find any update here
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by toyine1: 10:07pm On Jan 17, 2018
Thanks for the dedication dear, I'm honoured. grin Keep up the good work of touching lives with your stories. May the Lord richly bless u n all that is urs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 10:14pm On Jan 17, 2018
olaolutreasure:

I'm sure of what I read.

Enitian informing the mom about her friends visit. Feso and harwa going to have meeting with senator. Beatrice looking for ways to get Afam back. Rachealfst please answer me.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:14pm On Jan 17, 2018
olaolutreasure:
Refresh and check page 12.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:15pm On Jan 17, 2018
olaolutreasure:

Refresh and check page 12. It's this Antispam problem.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:16pm On Jan 17, 2018
Pearl05:

I'm sure of what I read.

Enitian informing the mom about her friends visit. Feso and harwa going to have meeting with senator. Beatrice looking for ways to get Afam back. Rachealfst please answer me.
Antispam seized the post but it's there now.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 10:18pm On Jan 17, 2018
rachealfst:
Antispam seized the post but it's there now.

Thanks. Antispam shouldn't play with me again.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by olaolutreasure(m): 10:33pm On Jan 17, 2018
rachealfst:
Refresh and check page 12.
Thanks ma, I have seen it
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by emmytemmy: 10:56pm On Jan 17, 2018
Hmm, tnx mummy racheal for d dedication Bt d update is too short nw. Kudos

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by peejaylemmy(f): 10:40am On Jan 18, 2018
Nice update..............kudos ma

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by oluwaseun15(f): 10:48am On Jan 18, 2018
[code][/code] :[quote author=rachealfst post=64288672]Dedication:
Sanniboi, rchilee, emmytemmy, ewawunmi, elvi01, toyine1, jdluv, ayomikun95, Deckline, oluwaseun15, Stizzy.

Thanks for the dedication.love you kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Deckline(m): 11:04am On Jan 18, 2018
This story is making me believe Love exists. Hope its not infantuation.

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by bigbauer(m): 11:14am On Jan 18, 2018
Reading your story has made me realize there's a glimmer of hope for us as humans and as a people. Your story shows the beauty of art. Though I don't know your age, however, if you're in your 20s to mid 30s, I'm impressed, and I'm not easily impressed by people (trust me on this). A greater percentage of stories here are nothing but drunken and se.xual fantasies, but yours, is filled with objective maturity. Great job
rachealfst.

5 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rchilee: 11:41am On Jan 18, 2018
rachealfst:
Dedication:
Sanniboi, rchilee, emmytemmy, ewawunmi, elvi01, toyine1, jdluv, ayomikun95, Deckline, oluwaseun15, Stizzy.

Shout out to Divepen1 who unbanned me again. Thank you......

ENITAN
We had a group chat on WhatsApp and we all concluded and fixed a date to meet with my mom. Everyone agreed to be present including Ezinne.
I went home to see my mum praying not to meet my stepfather at home. Anyway he was home when I got there. I greeted him not waiting for his reply and I went straight to my Mummy's room. One of my siblings was with her when I entered. We exchanged greetings and told her about my friends plan to visit her.
"Se ko si? Hope there's no problem, it's been long I saw them here"
"They just want to come discuss somethings with you. Se ema wa available?" (will you be available?)
"Yes I will. I'll tell your siblings to help me prepare something we can entertain them with"
" Mummy ko need(No need for that) they won't be staying long because we have other engagement for that day"
"I know you will say that, you've poisoned your friends heart against us. If it's Mummy Ejiofor's house, you will eat and drink o, no problem"
"Oh! You expect them to be free here when your hostile husband 'the lion of the tribe of Keshinro family' is around abi" I said gesturing with my hands.
"Really, why do you two hate each other like this? Ehn... right from when you were young, you never get along for once"
"Mummy please free me. He never liked me and you know it, so I can't waste my love on someone who doesn't deserve it” My sibling did not like the way I addressed her dad.
“Anty mi!” And I replied sharply. “What! Tell your Daddy to free me”
"Ok o, tell your friends I'll be expecting them" My mum said.
"Ese ma(Thanks) I'm leaving, good bye"
"But you just got here!"
"Your husband is around, and the last thing I want right now is wahala" She just sighed.
"Odaaro ma"(good night ma)
"Odaaro oko mi" (good night my child)She replied and I left her room.

____________Toyin Taiwo

FESO
My plane landed safely at the airport, Senator had already sent a driver to pick me up. I was supposed to come with Hauwa but her container arrived the previous day and it needed to sort somethings out. I got to their mansion and Hajiya, Hauwa's mum gave me a warm welcome. She even apologized for the inconveniency. Senator wasn't around, so showed me to the guest room. Hajiya is very hospitable, I was well entertained. Later in the evening, Senator called Hajiya that he won’t be coming home that night, he has an all night meeting to attend. Hajiya felt sorry when relating the message to me. I was so furious that I had to talk.

I shaked my head at first. Hajiya do you know why your husband was able to do this to me? It's because I love your daughter"
"I understand, just be patient with him" she said patting my back.
"I can't remember the last time I was controlled, or been ordered around"
"Don Allah( please ) exercise more patient, do it for her. I promise to talk to him, I will make sure this ends soon"
"Thank you ma, infact I couldn't have done this without your support. Mungode ma” I said in hausa.
I called Hauwa to tell her the situation of things, she said she's already on her way to Muritala Mohammed airport.

The next day, Senator came in, in the morning and went straight to his room, to rest off course, he looked stressed out. Two hours later Hauwa arrived. The driver went to the airport earlier to get her.

_________Toyin Taiwo

HAUWA
The first person who caught my attention when I stepped into the living room was my darling. He wasn't smiling but he put up a little smile when he sighted me. Hajiya too was there so I greeted her first.

"Ina Kwana(good morning) Hajiya" she also replied me in Hausa.
“Ina kwana. Yaya anya?(how was your trip?)
"Lafiya"(Fine)
I walked up to my baby and gave him a peck. "I bet if you have a gun, you will shoot the senator without hesitating" I said playfully and kissed him on the cheek.
He smiled. "Thank God you are here, how was your trip?" He said as he lighten up a bit.
"Cool" I replied. "Don't worry we'll finalize everything today, the next time you'll be meeting him here again will be after the wedding venue" I assured him.
"I pray"
"Let me inform him that we are set for the meeting" I said and went to my father's room.
"Ina Kwana Baba" I greeted. He was dressed up. He replied me.
"Don't tell me you are going out again" I said angrily.
"I just got an urgent call, I have to be in Nigeria"
I laughed scornfully. "Father, if you step a foot out of this house without giving Feso audience..."
I stopped to ensure that the words are sinking. "I swear you will never set eyes on me again"
"It's not my fault, duty calls"
"What stupid duty, you want to frustrate him so he'll leave me abi baba"
"What are you talking about I already accepted him"
"See I will not allow you boss him around the way you did with my brothers. I mean what I say, you don't finalize this marriage meeting today, then you will never see me again"
"Hauwa.....

____________________Toyin Taiwo
"If you think he'll leave, yes he'll leave but with me. Thank God he wasn't a nobody. Only God knows what you'll have done. You will even tell him to lick your shoe because he wants to marry your daughter, right!”
"Ok ok, I'll spare 10minutes and you are already using up the time"
"No way father, 10mins, so you can reschedule another meeting? Call the Senate, tell them you have an emergency"
"Emergency! Stop been dramatic"
"Is this not an emergency! Put your house in order first before obeying Nigeria's call"

He took a long look at me and realized I was determined. He pulled off his Guinea Agbada remaining the buba and sokoto.
"Let's go" he said.
"Better" I said and followed him.

___________Toyin Taiwo

BEATRICE
I ran everywhere for help, I kept getting the same answer.
"Your husband is gone forever" that is what I get from all the herbalists.
One even said. "If you try to harm him, you will just loose your life"
That God me scared but still I will find another way. I decided to go to my village. My mother has a friend who can help. I know the woman as powers like mother. But unfortunately when I got there I was told the woman had travelled.

see

thank you for the mention
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by DemiKOL(f): 3:22pm On Jan 18, 2018
rchilee:

see
thank you for the mention
is this why you quoted the whole story
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Deckline(m): 4:10pm On Jan 18, 2018
DemiKOL:

Help me ask ham oo.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rchilee: 4:10pm On Jan 18, 2018
DemiKOL:

No that is not the reason, some people were looking for the update hence my reason for saying 'see'.

Don't jump on people's mention again. okay?
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by olaolutreasure(m): 4:22pm On Jan 18, 2018
Deckline:

Help me ask ham oo.
DemiKOL:

Sorry everyone. No offence pls. She quoted bcus antispam removed d update at first

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by DemiKOL(f): 4:31pm On Jan 18, 2018
Don't jump on people's mention again. okay?[/quote]
just a simple question and you have answered. You dont need this.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by DemiKOL(f): 4:32pm On Jan 18, 2018
olaolutreasure:

Sorry everyone. No offence pls. She quoted bcus antispam removed d update at first

no probs
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by stizzy(f): 5:35pm On Jan 18, 2018
Thanks for mentioning

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2018
bigbauer:
Reading hour story has made me realize there's a glimmer of hope for us as humans and as a people. Your story shows the beauty of art. Though I don't know your age, however, if you're in your 20s to mid 30s, I'm impressed, and I'm not easily impressed by people (trust me on this). A greater percentage of stories here are nothing but drunken and se.xual fantasies, but yours, is filled with objective maturity. Great job
rachealfst.
Thank you..... I appreciate, God bless you.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 7:41pm On Jan 18, 2018
AFAM
Command Secondary School, Ikeja, gave me tough time. I was asked to fill a form after I've been interrogated for more than an hour. I was told to come back the next day.
I was really disappointed because I thought I'll see Amara that very day.

I went back to the hotel sad. I just lay on my bed thinking about her and the child the Pastor confirmed I had with her. My memory was completely back. I remembered how much we loved each other back then. Flashes of her beautiful face came into my brain. My brains still has it in it's archived. Her smile and everything but Beatrice stole those beautiful moments. The man who married her would be the most happiest man on earth. What do you want from a woman that she doesn't have. She's homely, hard working, she's even godly. She was against premarital sex but the love I have for her was so mind blowing that I had to do everything possible to have sex with her. She didn't agree at first but the temptation was so much that she later obliged. She was a virgin and that make me go crazy for her. I had promised to adore her for the rest of my life but here I'm I. I remembered she told me that, that will be our first and last sex until we get married and I agreed. I agreed because I was rest assured that she was all mine. I never knew I already planted my seed in her.
If truly I have a child, a daughter. I know she will take after her mother. I know Amara will raise her well. I know she will be beautiful inside and out like her mother.
Not like Beatrice's children, they are sons of belial. The three of them, not one is even manageable. The atrocities they've committed is not even up to the one Prophet Eli's sons committed in the Bible (Hophni and Phinehas) before God killed them. I read that from my bible, I don’t joke with it this days.
Anyway what kind of children do you expect a wicked soul like their Beatrice to produce. I was happy when she lost her witch of a mother. I know they both join hands together to bewitch me. I thank God for his intervention, even though it's late but I know it's not too late. Amara's forgiveness will make me a free man and whole again.
I heard a knock on the door, I stood up to get, it was room service, a staff from the laundry brought in my clothes.
I later ordered for dinner, ate and slept, hoping for a better luck the next day.

The next day my cab man picked me up. We've really gotten along well within the week. It was a Friday, I was on native, same with him.
We discussed on politics on our way to the school. I already have my hopes up that I'll meet Amara that very day.

I got to the school and I was told the man who attended to me is not around. I waited till 1am, the school closed and the staff start leaving their office one after the other.
One of the staff told me that there's no point waiting, since the school has closed then there's no chances that he'll be coming back to the office.

My eyes turned red immediately, I was close to tears but I'm a man, I had to comport myself. The man noticed my devastating state. He told me to come back on Monday, that he'll personally help me himself because from the look of things his colleague is not willing to help. I thanked him and left.

I entered the cab and my driver already knew without saying a word that the outcome was negative.
"You will find her by God's grace" he said soberly.
I already told him the story of my life so he understands where I'm coming from.
"Thank you, let's go" I said.
"If you find her easily, you won't thank God very well, infact you will think it's your doing. As a matter of fact this is a sign that things we later turn out well"
“Hmm..Ok, thanks"

__________Toyin Taiwo
"You are a Christian, you know all things work together for good for them that love God, so just relax"
"Ok, thanks for those words, I need it right now"
"God who has helped us to this stage will complete the rest"
"Thank you... it's just that I don't know anyone here, I'll just lock up myself in the hotel all through the weekend"
"That one is not an issue. I can come pick you up tomorrow and on Sunday, I'll take you to church, I don't work on Sundays, but I'll gladly render my services and before you know it, Monday is here" he said smiling.
"What happens to work tomorrow, if you decide to come and keep me company all day"
"It’s the blessing of God that makes one rich" he said
I liked him the more immediately he altered that statement. He's so selfless, imagine he was putting my needs before his.
"You really amazed me, I thought they say Lagosians don't joke with money"
"Like my mother use to say, money will go, but human being will remain"
"Hmm! You are right. By the way I never asked for your name, I'm very sorry about that"
"No problem sir"
"So what's the name of my new friend?"
"Obafemi sir"
"We have a Nigerian player that bears that name.
"Yes sir"
“I’m from the East, I'm not good with yoruba names"
"No problem sir, people call me Oba for short"
"Oba...as in King"
"Yes sir"
"Good, you can call me Afam but it's Afamefuna in full.
"I'll go with Afam too sir" he said and we both laughed.

_________Toyin Taiwo
"So what happens to the cab tomorrow?"
"I'll give the cab to another driver tomorrow to use, so the cab won't be idle" he said.
"That's better, I think I like that, I'll be expecting you tomorrow then"
We got to the hotel, I paid him. "Good night Oba"
"Good night Daddy Afam" he said and he promised to come the next day.

I heard a knock on my door, the next day, It was quarter past 10. I knew it was Oba. I opened the door to him, gave him a handshake and ushered him in.

"This hotel room is fine, I know it's an expensive hotel but I don't know that the inside is this beautiful" he said still standing in awe.
"Yea, its nice. Have your seat Oba"
"Daddy Afam, you have spent much o, the hotel, transport and all. By God's grace everything won't be in vain. You will return home with joy"
"Amen, thank you"
Oba sure knows how to keep someone's company. We talked about so many things. I couldn't believe I could open up to a stranger, even those who knew me Enugu did not know my story. I told him the sweet memories I had with Amara. I told him about my supposed ex-wife, who turn out to be my wife unknowingly to me.

He also told me about himself and his family. I ordered food and drinks and we ate while having our chit chat. Despite the fact that he's a driver, he's so intelligent and smart.
He left around 8pm and he came back on Sunday morning to take me to his church. It was an English speaking church, so I understand perfectly well. I can't believe he attends a church like that. Considering the caliber of rich people that attends the church.
After service, he suggested we go out to have fun but I declined knowing fully well that I'm not in Lagos to catch fun. He took me back to the hotel but he didn't wait long this time, he left around 5pm. I saw him off to his car downstairs. I handed #10,000 but he refused to take it. He opened the car and I quickly throw the envelope inside his car before he left. He really amazed me I must confess.
_________Toyin Taiwo
I was back in my room preparing my mind for the task ahead the next day.

The next morning, Oba and I set out. We got to Command secondary school and went to the office of the man who offered to help, he already showed me his office on Friday. I did not even bother to check the other one who disappointment me.

We exchanged greetings and we get down to business. I gave him the necessary details he needed and he left to God knows where.
40minutes later, he came back to the office.

"How did it go, were you able to find something?" I asked with the hope of getting a positive answer.
"It wasn't easy at first, infact I was told to refer you to Lagos State ministry of education. Which will take a longer process. Luckily I was able to get hold of her file"
"Good" I said with a smile.
"She got transferred four years ago. She was transferred to Lagos State Baptist Academy, Obanikoro" he said and I quickly jotted it down.
"Thanks you so much my brother, I really appreciate your help" I said offering him an handshake.
"You are welcomed sir" he said. I dipped my hand into my pocket and brought out five #1,000 notes, I gave it to him and he thanked me. I hurried back to the car.
"Oba, here...here, check out the name of the school"
"I finished from this school sir. I also know someone who teaches there presently, she could be of help” He said smiling.
"Nice one, now let's move" I said and he turned on the ignition.
On our way to Obanikoro, Oba said the last time he stepped the school was 16 years ago when he went to collect his testimonial.

We found our way into the school. Oba called the teacher who gave him the description to staff room. He took me to the staff room to meet with the teacher.

"Good morning Mrs. Shofela" He bowed and greeted the woman. I greeted her too.
"Good morning Obafemi, to what do I owe this surprise" she asked smiling.
"Actually ma, it's my boss that needs your help. Please We need to locate a teacher that was transferred here 4years ago ma"
"Four years ago! The person might still be here because this is my fourth year as well"
"We thought as much too" I said.
"Don't you have her contact like her phone number, you can even locate people on social media platforms this days”
"It's a long story madam, we lost contact many years ago and I doubt if she's on social media because I've already tried that"
"So what's the person's name?" She asked and I gave her the name.
"Wow! We share the same staff room, here is her seat" she said pointing to her desk. But she has a class now, so I suggest you wait for her"
"Thank you ma" Oba and I chorused filled with excitement.
She called a student to get us a sit and we sat outside the staffroom.
30minutes later the woman came out of the staffroom and told us she has a class too, so she left.
She came back and still met us in the staffroom.
"Is she not back yet?"
"She's not" I replied
"Are you sure you didn't miss her when she entered the staffroom?" Mrs Shofela asked.
"Not at all, my gazed did not shift from this entrance" I said.
"Ok, let me check myself" she went in and came out.
"She's not on seat, the other teachers said she hasn't return since"
"I told you so" I said.
"Wait let me give her a call" She said and started tapping her Android phone.
"Hello ma, where are you. You have a visitor here at the staffroom"........"Ok, I'll tell them"........"Good night, see you tomorrow ma" We didn't hear from the receiver end.
She turned to us when he was through with the call.
_________Toyin Taiwo
"I'm sorry, she had already left, some of her students have a competition in a private school and she volunteered to go with them to cheer them on"
"We can still wait" I said.
"You can't sir, she won't be coming back to school, the competition ends by 5pm, the school will be closed by then. That means from there she's going home"
"Ma...can you give us her number ma" Oba asked.
"Oba if she wanted me to, she would have told me so on phone"
"Her house address " Oba asked, he was really worried for me.
"That's uncalled for, I only know you, I don't know him and you expect me to give her home address to a stranger. No I can’t”
"Don't mind him madam, you've done a lot already, we'll just come back tomorrow"
"Better sir, what's the name so I can tell her tomorrow morning?"
"Like I said earlier, my name may not ring a bell. I prefer meeting her one on one first"
"Ok then, see you tomorrow. Oba and I will come back tomorrow too"
"Yes by God's grace"
"Ok, and when do you plan visiting my children Oba. They miss you o"
"It's work ma, but I'll try and visit one of this days. My regards to them"
We thanked her and left. We got into the car. I sighed deeply and buried my face in my palm. I don't know where the tears came from. I knew God is punishing me.

"Daddy AFAM.....why nau.... Not at this stage, we are close" He now addressed me as Daddy Afam.
"I know we are close to seeing her, still I couldn't reach her, imagine we we're in the same place with her today and still I didn't meet her"
"Put yourself together sir, let's be thankful we locate this place. We are already close to seeing her and by tomorrow, we will be here even before the school assembly starts"
"Thank you... For everything Oba, you are more than my Chauffeur.
"It's ok, just put yourself together. Can we go now?"
"Yes, I nodded" And he drove off.

We got to the hotel around 2pm and Oba followed me to my room. He made sure I showered. He called room service and ordered for food without even asking me. I was so devastated.
He made me eat, I told him I won't if he didn't join me. So we ate together.
It was already 4pm and he's not even ready to leave.
"Oba, I was only told I have a lost daughter, do I also have a lost son, see the way you treat me like your own biological father" I asked him going by the way treats me.
He smiled. "It is not only the man you came out of his loins you can regards as father. It is vice versa, you didn't treat me like a driver as well.
"Really!"
"More so at this stage you need someone to be strong for you and I'm willing to do that"
"Thank you and I appreciate everything, but I think you need to go and work now"
"You've already pay for the day, that's enough. Let me just stay here and keep your company. Since you refused to go out to have fun" He said crossing his legs.
"Thank you, your type is really rare, God bless the womb that carried you" I said and patted his back.
The TV was on, we watch the news together and some other programs before I slept off.
By the time I woke up, he was gone. I just pee took a glass of water and went back to sleep.
The next morning around 7am, I got a call from Oba. He was already waiting for me inside the hotel compound.
I prayed and committed the day into God's hands before I left the room.
We got to Lagos State Baptist Academy Obanikoro by 8:05 the place was not far from the hotel. Oba called Mrs. Shofela the woman who helped us the previous day, informing her, that we are around. She said we should go and wait at the staff room.
We waited in the staff room as she said. The teachers came in, some gisting, some we're taking their breakfast neither Amara or Mrs. Shofela showed up. Oba called her, to ask after Amara and she said she has first and second period class but she'll be at the staffroom, after that.

_________Toyin Taiwo
"Daddy Afam, let's just wait, at most two hours she'll be through" he said to calm me.
Then she showed up, she was as beautiful as ever, age took nothing from her beautiful. It's like she grew beautiful as she aged. I recognized her immediately I sighted her.

She was coming with two students, they were chatting and smiling with her, she was still sweet, even sweet to her student not Beatrice the sadist who only laugh once in blue moon.
We saw her entered into the staffroom without noticing us. We we’re now standing at the entrance of the staff room, one of the teachers told us to wait outside.
"I was told someone is waiting for me" she said to one of the teachers and I heard her loud and clear because I was already standing at the entrance.
"The people looking for you are outside, didn't you see them?" One of the teachers replied her.
"Don't mind me jare, it’s this my students that got me carried away with their gist"
"You and this your children, they are already in SSS 3 and are still attached to you like this, they will miss you when they pass out"
"I will miss them too" she said hugging the one standing next to her.
"I plan to visit her every weekend once I pass out" One other student said and they all laughed.
"One of you should go and get my visitors. Then you can go back to your class" She instructed.
A student came outside and asked if we were the one waiting to see their teacher. I told her to tell her, I'll prefer to meet her out here. The student left to relay the message.

Then she came out and I got cold feet when she came face to face with me. Our eyes met eye ball to eye ball. I stood before her ashamed of myself.
I longed for weeks now to meet her, now that I do, I couldn't face her. She definitely recognized me but she didn't say a word.
Oba took a cue and excused us. "I'll be in the car sir" he said and left.
"Amara... I said close to tears.

______________Toyin Taiwo
"Afam, how did you find me?"
"It's a long story"
"Why are you here, and what do you want from me?"
"Please, can we talk?"
"I asked you a question?"
"Let's find somewhere to talk please"
"I have work to do, look" she pointed at some students. "They came for me, we are in the middle of a competition and I'm the supervisor in charge"
"Good morning ma, we are ready ma" one of the students said.
"Ok, I'll join you shortly" she informed them and they left.
"Ok, can I have 10minutes?" I asked.
"10minutes!”
"Let's look for a place to talk, please... just hear me out"
"Ok, we can talk inside my car"
She led the way and I followed her to the parking lot where are car was parked.
Inside the car, I was first speechless but I later summoned the courage to talk.
"How are you doing?"
"Very well, thank you"
"How's family?"
"We are doing great"
"Good. Amara, please I’m here to ask for your forgiveness, that is all I want from you"
"Forgiveness!" She smiled.
"I know I've wrong you Amara, I did the most ridiculous thing any man could do to a woman. I know many years as gone by but I'm truly sorry"
"Sorry!"
"I regret everything I did but I'm deeply sorry, sorry can't fix it but just forgive"
"I've forgiven you a long time ago"
"Amara, I know....
"Your time is up, you can now leave. I need to be with my students"
"Since you are busy right now, I'll wait for you at the staffroom"
"Why? You said you need forgiveness and I said you already have it. Just go please"
"Amara, I'll wait. You know we still have a lot to talk about"
I came down from the car, and she drove out of my sight.
I called Oba and told him I'll be waiting for Amara at the staff room.

Hours later, the school closed. All the teachers and students were already leaving the school premises. Amara didn't show up. I asked one of the teachers, he said she'll still come to the staff room to pick her things before going home.

By the time I looked around the school was almost empty. I realized she's no longer coming back as one of the prefect who has a tag 'labor prefect' on her uniform came to lock up the staff. I left the staff room sadly. I decided to come back the next day and try if I can make I speak with me. I got to the space where Oba parked and I couldn't find him or the car. I looked around to make sure that I was at the right parking space. I checked other parking space, he wasn't there.

I totally lost control of myself. First, Amara left and now Oba with the car. When I calmed down, my reasoning came back. I brought out my phone and called him.
"Oba where are you for God sake! I already had a bad day don't worsen it by keeping me waiting here!"
"I'm sorry Daddy Afam but you'll have to get yourself another cab that will take you to the hotel" he said and hung up.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by marychommy(f): 7:55pm On Jan 18, 2018
woooooow datz a nice one. Oba follows Amara around hope am right

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by olaolutreasure(m): 8:02pm On Jan 18, 2018
marychommy:
Hmmm... You know book o

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by aprilwise(m): 8:44pm On Jan 18, 2018
Am speechless, true love never die. I love this story. thanks for sharing this from your wealth of knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cyndy1000(f): 9:01pm On Jan 18, 2018
marychommy:

I concur. you are a smart thinker n you think fast.

Thanks for the update am enjoying this.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by WarriFirstBorn(m): 9:32pm On Jan 18, 2018
marychommy:
woooooow datz a nice one. Oba follows Amara around hope am riglht

Chai! You are really an intelligent gal. See how you solved it in jiffy. I am here fuming already in anger as to why Oba would do such a thing, not knowing that someone just decoded it.
Thumbs up, bae.

And to you Rachealfst; I have not seen you before. I have not met you before. But one thing is sure,amma gonna look for you and thief your brain.Lol.....Choi! What an intelligent writer! Just imagine how you introduce so much twist and suspence into the story. So many characters and you manage to portray all of them and their different individuality. That's genius! You are such an amazing writer. The devil saw this years ago and tried to raise its ugly head. Thank God good prevailed over evil.

Thanks ma'am, for this wonderful story.

5 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Vickiey192(f): 9:47pm On Jan 18, 2018
It really an interesting story

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:52pm On Jan 18, 2018
WarriFirstBorn:

Chai! You are really an intelligent gal. See how you solved it in jiffy. I am here fuming already in anger as to why Oba would do such a thing, not knowing that someone just decoded it.
Thumbs up, bae.

And to you Rachealfst; I have not seen you before. I have not met you before. But one thing is sure,amma gonna look for you and thief your brain.Lol.....Choi! What an intelligent writer! Just imagine how you introduce so much twist and suspence into the story. So many characters and you manage to portray all of them and their different individuality. That's genius! You are such an amazing writer. The devil saw this years ago and tried to raise its ugly head. Thank God good prevailed over evil.

Thanks ma'am, for this wonderful story.
Thank you!!!! I'm speechless, I don't even know what to say to you. Let me just say, God bless you real good. I appreciate your comment.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by elvi02: 10:11pm On Jan 18, 2018
thanks dear
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by WarriFirstBorn(m): 10:11pm On Jan 18, 2018
rachealfst:
Thank you!!!! I'm speechless, I don't even know what to say to you. Let me just say, God bless you real good. I appreciate your comment.
You are welcome, Toyin Taiwo!

1 Like 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (67) (Reply)

My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes / Beauty And The Mechanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.