Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (570611 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pricelessangel0(f): 9:01pm On Mar 20, 2018
He Who has ear let him hear what the spirit is saying to the youth of nowaday who thinks they cant exist without sex. it may seems like a story to some but its more than that to others. Ride on ma

3 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by tayosmatts(f): 9:44pm On Mar 20, 2018
yvesboss:

Where are you ghosting to
To reality land! A place where reading and not commenting is prohibited. kiss

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by misskbest(f): 11:22pm On Mar 20, 2018
Hmmm I really I can't continue to be a silent reader anymore
This is really disheartening
Please it is an eye opener
For those that have successfully kept themselves pure thus far, you can still make it through, with the help of God not by your power,
I pray God grant everyone reading this story and others the grace to stand firmly...
Tumbs up miss racheal
You are really good in writing dear, I started this afternoon and I couldn't stop reading but to continue while placing my duties in order
More grace miss

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by NoToPile: 9:14am On Mar 21, 2018
Hmm if only young people know the implication of sexual sins. One sexual act can set back the course of your life for 10 years. Some never recover, for some when the glory departs, it departs , some are lucky enough to have a second chance some are not that lucky.

Especially people like oba who's destiny is tied to sexual purity( there are people like that)

If only we know.

Great work rachealfst
Just came out of my peeping mode

3 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Jumizie13(f): 9:44am On Mar 21, 2018
gracious God.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Bdemmy4real: 9:48am On Mar 21, 2018
This is really bad for both of them shocked,now the curse has taken effect on crystal which she isnt even aware of,chai embarassed.
Well,theres nothing prayer cant change,but oba should have stayed back, crystal's heart will be shattered sad,weldone poster

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by yvesboss(m): 4:42pm On Mar 21, 2018
tayosmatts:

To reality land! A place where reading and not commenting is prohibited. kiss

Lol..Go in peace..you have my blessings

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by majoie: 5:54pm On Mar 21, 2018
This story also shows that parents should be spiritually alert for their children. they shouldn't just be physical guides but also spiritually warriors for their children's destiny.

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by marychommy(f): 7:13pm On Mar 21, 2018
though Beatrice died but d curse has bn placed already. Oba leaving is Part of d curse in motion cos nothing happens for nothing. God is a merciful God. Even wen we r all sinners Christ died for us. pls ma dey need second chance

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by vickyluvspices(f): 10:41pm On Mar 21, 2018
oba and crystal why now why why why ...after all the signs and warnings...indeed a broken hedge but just as it is our God is meciful as He pardons d contrite in heart...auty rachealfst tanks for dis wonderful piece and d message it passes across.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 22, 2018
Lovely write up Angellss, u r an enigma
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by emerald18(f): 5:21pm On Mar 22, 2018
this story is educating.. more wisdom to you @toyin tawio.. I learnt a lot from your testimony, despite the fact that you went through a lot u still didn't give up on God... thanks for sharing your story with us.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:16am On Mar 23, 2018
CRYSTAL
I waited for days for Oba to call but he didn't. I made up mind to call instead since he didn't have the courage to call first. I called all his lines but to my surprise none was reachable.
"I don't get it" I said to my self. "Did he actually put off his phone just to avoid me?" I asked myself.
Through out the week I got the same 'not reachable' response from all his lines.

I decided to go to his apartment, that's was the next step to take although at the back of mind I was getting scared and nervous.
The place was locked up and he's car wasn't there. I saw one of his neighbours, we exchanged greetings and to my surprise he asked after Oba "Did he travel, I didn't see him through out the weekend?" The guy asked.

It took me some seconds to process his question. So Oba did not come home all week!" I started searching my bag for the spare key
"Aunty!"
"Oh, I'm sorry, I got lost while searching for the key. Yes, he travelled. Thanks" I replied.
"I thought as much. It's like you didn't come with your key "
"Yes, I think I left it at home"
"Eyah! Hope your place is not to far from her?" He asked concerned.
"It's a bit far. Thank you" I said and he went into his apartment.
I went into the car and search every where for the key but it wasn't in the car either.
I got home in the evening and went to my parent's room. I wasn't thinking straight so I forgot to knock on the door.
"Jesus! I exclaimed.
"Goodness! Crystal!" My mum exclaimed.
____________________Toyin Taiwo
I met them in a compromising position as I dashed into the room unannounced. I was really embarrassed. Thank God they still had their clothes on.
"Mum! Dad! I'm truly sorry" I said and made to turn back to leave the room.
"Crystal!" My Dad called out.
"Dad, I'll come back" I said cause I'm so embarrassed to face him. He called again so I turned back to him.
"I didn't raise a spoilt brat for God sake. You never barge into my room when I was even single. So what came over you" Mum lashed at me.
"More reason why I called her back. You know she wouldn't act that way on a normal day” Dad defended me.
"I know so too”
"So what's eating you up young woman? Dad asked.
"Daddy when last did you see Oba?" I questioned.
"Last week"
"Crystal what's the problem?" My mum asked.
"I've been trying to reach him all week but all his numbers are not reachable"
My dad picked up his phone immediately and started trying his lines and he got the same response.
"What's going on, it's not reachable" He said and dropped the phone on the bed.
"I'm just coming from his apartment and his neighbour said it's been a week he saw him"
"Really! That's serious" Mum said.
"Do you have his spare keys?" Dad asked.
"Yes, but I didn't go with it, so I couldn't get into his apartment" I replied him.
"Take the key with you tomorrow and see if we can find any clue or something"
"Ok sir"
"Let's call his parents" Mum suggested.
"I think I should go to his apartment first before informing his parents" I said and they both agreed with me.

The next day, I woke very early in the morning and went down to his apartment. I opened up and to my surprise the sitting room was intact the way I left it. The wine bottle, wine glasses, the scattered Scrabble tiles and the board, the dictionary. It was there the way I left it. I went to his bedroom, opened his wardrobe and noticed some of his clothes were missing. I kept on searching, no note, no clue, nothing.
I was more scared now. "Did he actually leave because we had sex?" I said trying to figure out what was going on.

I called my mum and told her that some of his clothes were missing and his apartment was the same way I left it. She said I should call his parents immediately.
I ended the call and call Oba's mum. I couldn't believe my ears when she said Oba came to pack his car at their place and left without telling them his where about. She was shocked that he didn’t inform him. I thanked her and disconnected.
"He didn't leave because of sex. Did he? The sex was consentual. Is he blaming me for making him fornicate or something" I kept on asking myself various questions.
At least from what I heard from his mother, I was rest assured that he wasn't kidnapped or in any form of danger. He left on his own.

I sat on the bed where we made love and cried holding tight to the sheet. "Maybe he needed a break. He'll come back" I consoled myself. In tears, I went back to the sitting room, picked all the tiles and kept them in the sac. I took it back to the room. I cleared the wine glasses returned them to the kitchen and washed them. I locked up the doors and left.

The following weekend was Hauwa's wedding and the next was Enitan's. I had so many this to do as both of them were counting on me. So I tried to push my worries aside so I can concentrate on the weddings.

Some days to the wedding, though my moods wasn't good but I tried not to let the bride's to be noticed anything. I can’t ruin their happiness because of my personal problems especially Hauwa who is highly emotional.
Senator has finally fixed a date and acknowledge Feso as his son in-law. They are now good friends and he told Feso to just go ahead with all the wedding plans.
He said he will support any decision Feso made. Indeed it’s good to be patient. Thank God he didn’t give up on Senator.

On Hauwa's wedding day all my friends where asking after Oba and I told them he was out of town.
Hauwa and Feso postponed their honeymoon so they won’t miss Enitan and Dume's wedding. The couples plan to go for their honeymoon the following week.

On Enitan’s wedding, I forced myself to be happy as Oba's disappearance was really telling on me. I kept on seeing him in my dreams.
At the wedding, I was just praying for every thing to be over so I can return back to my shell. The wedding was great, One of Enitan’s Uncle stood in as the father of the bride. To our amazement her step father who has vowed not to come also attended the wedding.
Thank God Enitan took my mum’s advice. She told her to go on her knees and pray concerning the rift she has with her step father. And for that man to come to the wedding it’s pure miracle.

Hauwa and her husband didn't go for their honeymoon just to attend Enitan's wedding. So they left for the airport after the reception. We saw them off to the airport while Enitan and her husband stayed back till the next day before going on their honeymoon so as to have their wedding thanksgiving before travelling.

I returned home on Sunday after the thanksgiving. I was so tired that I didn't accompany them to the airport. I excused myself while the others accompanied the couples.

A month Later

MUMMY EJIOFOR (MUMMY AFAM)
My daughter has not been doing great since Oba's disappearance. Some weeks back, His parents came and explained everything to us and pleaded on his behalf. We are all hoping he'll come back to us safely.
I saw Crystal climbing down the stairs. I called her when I realized she was heading towards the front door.
"Crystal, where to?” I asked.
"I want to get some fresh air"
"Come here and sit with me" I said as I beckoned her to come sit with me in the sitting room. She obeyed and sat beside me.
"You look pale Crystal, and I mean very pale" I said observing her closely since I hardly see in broad daylight to confirm my suspicion.
"Mum you know what I'm passing through lately"
"You lived with me all your life Munachisom Afam. This is not about Oba. You are pregnant!"
"Mum!" She stood up immediately frowning.
"What's going on here" Daddy asked as he walked in on us.
"Nothing" Mum and I chorused.
"Hmm...that reply sounds suspicious" he said sensitively.
"Go to your room Crystal. I'm after you, let me pick up something in my bedroom" I said and she obeyed. I watched her climbed the stairs back to her room.
"Honey, what's going on" My husband asked again when Crystal was out of sight.
"We'll find out in some minutes" I said and left him standing while I climbed the stairs in a rush to my room.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rayvelez(m): 10:25am On Mar 23, 2018
this is serious oo.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Sojikhing: 10:30am On Mar 23, 2018
chai hope this not the curse...

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Eddyella(f): 10:34am On Mar 23, 2018
This story z getting interesting wif each update.

Hope u re not planning on how 2 make Crystal a single mother,if so dnt try it at all.

#TEAM CRYSOBA#

3 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cbella(f): 11:12am On Mar 23, 2018
So it never occurred to Crystal's mom, to get her daughter on some sort of pill after she came home that day lol..... Aah well children are blessings from God.

I wish her safe delivery lol angry

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by yvesboss(m): 11:24am On Mar 23, 2018
Beatrice curse coming to past..Crystal preggy with a missing baby daddy who may never come back until the child (a girl) is grown.

Rachaelfst my latest prediction..prove me right this time.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by aprilwise(m): 11:29am On Mar 23, 2018
I know oba will return strong as Samson.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 11:52am On Mar 23, 2018
cbella:
So it never occurred to Crystal's mom, to get her daughter on some sort of pill after she came home that day lol..... Aah well children are blessings from God.

Aha madam, it wasn't planned nau. So no one thought of that.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by ayotomiwa01(f): 1:06pm On Mar 23, 2018
hmmmn..observing angry

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cbella(f): 1:14pm On Mar 23, 2018
Pearl05:

Aha madam, it wasn't planned nau. So no one thought of that.

Lol grin! Yeah, let's blame it on the devil.

You didn't reply my message. shocked
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pinkfeet: 1:14pm On Mar 23, 2018
thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Pearl05(f): 1:16pm On Mar 23, 2018
cbella:

Message? Me no see.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by skubido(m): 1:43pm On Mar 23, 2018
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by wizsolzy(m): 1:50pm On Mar 23, 2018
cbella:

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by aniekan2odds(m): 1:53pm On Mar 23, 2018
Broken edge is one of the most interesting books i've read in a long time. You can also publish your books with fifeglobal
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by cbella(f): 1:57pm On Mar 23, 2018
Pearl05:

Message? Me no see.

Lolzz.... I will quote it now.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 23, 2018
Story of my life. >sad

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by afolabiwunmi: 3:48pm On Mar 23, 2018
Double wahala for Crystal, God will see you through oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Sensitivity1254: 4:20pm On Mar 23, 2018
aprilwise:
I know oba will return strong as Samson.

After he might have lost his sight.
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Sensitivity1254: 4:22pm On Mar 23, 2018
cbella:

The usual suspect

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (67) (Reply)

My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes / Beauty And The Mechanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.