Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,862 members, 7,806,437 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (570499 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by DemiKOL(f): 8:02am On Jan 10, 2018
Yee! Asiri ti tu cheesycheesy
patiently waiting for the next update....
Hmm....... EZINNE!

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by obepeace: 8:15am On Jan 10, 2018
Wowwwwww
I'm so much loving this story starting from the beginning still the end just this morning, pls where is the rest ooo... More update plssssssssss

3 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by pweetymhi(f): 8:19am On Jan 10, 2018
ghen ghen ghen ghen, the secret is out can't wait. a good work u hv here abeg don't kip us in suspense o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by obepeace: 8:25am On Jan 10, 2018
Pls update ooo, I will cry oooo

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by EvaJael(f): 8:30am On Jan 10, 2018
Ezinne o

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Leesah(f): 9:13am On Jan 10, 2018
cbella:

I'm in trouble... God save me
I'm sorry ooo
hmmmmmmmmmmmm you'll have to appease the gods o
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by nanadeeva01(f): 10:12am On Jan 10, 2018
Make person no go die of suspense... Madam Rachealfst where art you

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by teel123(f): 11:24am On Jan 10, 2018
#vexation mood activated #
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Sanniboi(m): 11:38am On Jan 10, 2018
suspense don kill person for here sister racheal

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by thiolhuwar09(f): 11:42am On Jan 10, 2018
waiting and waiting Rachelfst crywaiting and waiting Rachelfst

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Serafeal(f): 12:17pm On Jan 10, 2018
Choi Choi kasala don bust o...

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by kikiwendy(f): 12:22pm On Jan 10, 2018
I just started reading this story today and I must say rachelfst you are really good.. Try and proof-read your work. I think the guy is ..........

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by WarriFirstBorn(m): 1:32pm On Jan 10, 2018
Rachealfst, thanks for this wonderful update. It's getting interesting with every update. Me sef can't guess who the guy is.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by kally90(f): 3:46pm On Jan 10, 2018
Nice one,I love the suspence.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by temig(f): 6:18pm On Jan 10, 2018
rachealfst abeg don't kill me with hypertension I've read d story over again and there is no clue of the person at all plssssss come and update oooooo

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by divatolaz: 6:44pm On Jan 10, 2018
Soma y

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by favch(f): 6:50pm On Jan 10, 2018
Am here,enjoying d ride
Let me call my honey pie jadedgrace98 a friend WHIZKIDEFE n a friend's friend ikdbabie
Pls come n read

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Ikdbabie(f): 7:29pm On Jan 10, 2018
favch:
Am here,enjoying d ride
Let me call my honey pie jadedgrace98 a friend WHIZKIDEFE n a friend's friend ikdbabie
Pls come n read
. Thanks fr the invite dearie.

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nickibeauty(f): 7:48pm On Jan 10, 2018
I keep on checking for new update.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by SurestG(f): 7:56pm On Jan 10, 2018
I can't count the number of times i've checked 4 new update today. Big aunty come nd update oo

2 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by favch(f): 8:20pm On Jan 10, 2018
Ikdbabie:
. Thanks fr the invite dearie.

U r welcome hun

3 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Ebigbola(f): 8:48pm On Jan 10, 2018
The story of Anike is still a heart break to me and here comes another one.plz don't break my heart again. plz update BP is rising . God Bless more knowledge.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by hebraheem20(m): 9:15pm On Jan 10, 2018
Nice story. More ink to your pen and more data to your phone

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by nanadeeva01(f): 10:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
I've been desperately waiting 4 an update for ages

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 10, 2018
Where dis babe go nah? Come fast abeg.......

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by anneboy02(m): 6:15am On Jan 11, 2018
Wow this story really Totori my belle just sat d price on nairaland is kind of expensive even I purchased it still but please try and reduce the price

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by mofy1(f): 6:43am On Jan 11, 2018
This suspense make me faint too.

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 6:59am On Jan 11, 2018
favch:
Am here,enjoying d ride
Let me call my honey pie jaded.grace98 a friend WHIZKIDEFE n a friend's friend ikd.babie
Pls come n read
Ok
Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by divatolaz: 8:10am On Jan 11, 2018
Wow,am done with it,wah a nice story dear...God will continue to increase u in his knowledge and understanding,keep it up

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:44am On Jan 11, 2018
Dedication:
Pearl05, whinnie,Gucciqueen38, joromi36, prettieO, princessadeola, empress101, hebraheem20, Veenessha, MerceeD, Mayreeyam, genius43, Didov1, Leesah, yunggreat.

CRYSTAL
Everyone shifted their gaze to Ezinnne and followed the direction of her hand.

All: SOMA!

There was silence for like 5minutes or there about.
Then the next thing I saw, Zite rushed to Soma and hitted him repeatedly, the other guys rushed up to him hurriedly to pull him away from him. He didn't hit him back.

Onochie: Guy take it easy now.... You are not the only one angry here.

Dume: Feso please take over from Zite, he can't handle this o.

Feso stepped out and moderate this time. I was just recovering from the shock.
Feso: Ezinne, thanks so much, you are a blessing to us, God has really use you to shine the light into this mystery.

Onochie: Imagine, we even shut her out, not knowing she's the solution to the problem.

Ezinne: It's ok, I'm glad I could help.

Feso: Soma, please come forward
He stepped out quietly.

Feso: Soma, what transpired between you and Crystal. What's that secret you both are keeping from us.

Soma: First I apologized for keeping you in the dark. It wasn't intentional but things were beyond my control. Crystal and I started dating in 200 level.

All: What!

Jay: Unbelievable, the three of us were course mates. How come I didn’t suspect a thing!

Zite: Why did you keep it a secret? We want to know.

Soma: We kept it a secret because of the likes of you. You were in love with her then and I doubt if you've really gotten over.

Zite: Of course I've moved on, ever since I met Bisi but I won't standby and allow anyone hurt her.

Feso: Zite, enough.

Soma: We all had a Crush on Crystal back then in school.

Onochie: True, we all wanted to date her. And she successfully friend zoned us.

Soma: I really love her and I know she loved me too but she kept on holding back. So I persisted. She said she'll date me on one condition....

Onochie: We get it, to keep the relationship a secret.
Zite: Soma what...did.. you.. do... to.. her?

Soma: I slept with her without her consent.

All: You raped her!

Now I had to talk. I brazen up and stood up.
Me: No he didn't rape me!

Zite: Crystal, stop defending him.

Me: I'm not defending him.

Feso: Soma, What happened between you too?

Soma: It all happened when I lost my father.

Precisely the night he was buried. If you could all recollect, after the burial, you guys left but Crystal stayed back.

__________Toyin Taiwo

FLASH BACK

SOMA
I didn't take the news of my father's death lightly. I was in my final year, we just resumed first semester. I was devastated. Everyone calmed me but I refuse to be comforted. Crystal really helped comforting me. After everyone left, she came to my room to ask if I need anything before going to sleep as she was supposed to sleep in my sister's room.

She felt really sorry for me, I was still in a bad shape. She held me in her arms cuddling me. I started having a funny feeling as she cuddled up with me. I looked into her teary and concerned eyes and started kissing her. She didn't kiss me back.
She withdrawn from me" Somadina, we shouldn't be doing this, your father just died please get hold of yourself" She said.

I didn't listen, I just want the pain to go away. I kissed her again, make her lay on her back and I started undressing her.
"Somadina, stop!" Crystal said firmly.

“Crystal, I want you, help me ease my pain, you are the only one who can take this pain away, please...." I said still on top of her looking into her eyes.

She started crying. “You promise to wait till I'm ready for this, I'm not ready...."

"Yes I promised but please, do this for me, help me take the pain away" I pleaded.

"Will you be fine after this, will the pain go away?

I nodded, I knew she doesn't want it, but I was selfish. I had my way with her, she cried all through. I took her virginity that night. When everything was over I realized I made a grave mistake.
"What have I done?" I asked myself with my hands on my head.

"Crystal, I'm sorry, I'm deeply sorry I took advantage of you" I said using my hand to smoothen her scattered hair.

She didn't say anything, she was just crying, she tried to stand up but she was still feeling pain down there. I helped her up and took her to the bathroom she couldn't do anything, she just stood there crying, it really broke my heart that I caused her so much pain. I ran a warm water bath for her and left the bathroom, I waited for her to come out but she was still there. I knocked, she didn't answer.

"Crystal, are you okay" she didn't reply.

"Crystal I'm coming in now" I said and opened the bathroom door. I met her sitted on the bathroom floor sobbing.

"Crystal, please forgive me. I'm truly sorry" She was just starring at me.

I carried her into the bath tub, removed her clothes and bathed her. I wrapped her up with my towel and carried back into the room. I gave her a shirt and short to wear, it was late already, I followed her to my sister's room, she was already asleep so she lay quietly beside her. I bade her good night.
I went back to my room, removed the bed spread and soaked it along side with her clothes.
The next day, I couldn't bring myself to go and check on her maybe she has left or not. I stayed put in my room. Later that morning, I heard a knock on my door, I opened the door and was surprised to see her.

"I brought your breakfast" She said.

"Good morning" She said and left. She returns later with my clothes.

"I'm leaving this morning" she informed.

"Crystal I'm really sorry about last night...

"Please I don't want to talk about it as far as I'm concerned, nothing happened"

"Crystal!

"Hope you are better this morning?"

"Yes I'm much better"

"I can see that, no sulking today, you are much more better than yesterday.

"Crystal I've you forgiven me"

"There's nothing to forgive, I'm leaving. When are you coming back to school?

"Next week, I'll bring your clothes along, I washed them this morning"

"Ok, take good care of yourself, we'll talk on phone"
"Let me see you off"

"No need, just eat your food. Bye"

I pulled her into and embrace. "Thank you for standing by me, I love you" I released her and she left.
I returned to school the following week and things were still normal between us, though we never for once talked about that night ever again.

A month later, she came to my hostel and told me she's no longer interested in the relationship that she wanted out.
"Crystal is this about what happened last month, but I thought we've moved on"

"I don't have any reason to give, I quit"

I pleaded with her, but her mind was made up. She also told me never to call him or talk to him except in the presence of our friends. She also told me not to tell anyone about this if I don't want to destroy the little memory of us that she have left.
She said all this and left my room. Ever since then, she doesn't pick my call or returned my messages. We never for once talked one on one..

Back to present
Everyone sighed heavily while Soma continued.

"The torture was so much for me that I couldn't take it any longer that I had to leave the country because of her immediately after service year. I thought if I stay far away from her, I'll be able to get her off my mind. I've always live with the regret of that one night. It was that night that ruined my relationship with her.

The thought of her filled my heart to the extent that I can't bring myself to get into an another relationship. I only lie to you guys that I'm in a relationship, the truth is that I'm not.
I was surprised to see her show up at my door step some weeks back, she doesn't know my place, she didn't come for the house warming party as well.
Then she pulled another stunt in my house, she pretended as if she doesn't know me. It was later I found out that she was my cousin's boss. She was sick and she stopped by to visit her. I'm very sure she wouldn't have come if she knew that was my house.

The next week, I went to her office to talk things through with her, still she feigned amnesia for him. She even told my cousin to call the security to throw me out.

Feso: Are things this worse between you two?

Enitan: Jesus! And no one suspected anything.

Onochie: This is serious.

Hauwa: No wonder she calls his name in full back then. But I didn’t suspect a thing.

Enitan: Hmm….. that’s true. Soma…dina!

Zite: I think it's time to hear Crystal's side of the story.

Feso: Crystal please step out.

13 Likes

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by odumzy(f): 9:53am On Jan 11, 2018
nice storynice storynice story

1 Like

Re: BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo by Mcweber(m): 10:01am On Jan 11, 2018
Now this is what I call Gagatuangagan!!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (67) (Reply)

My Life On Campus (A True Life Story). / Red Ashes / Beauty And The Mechanic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.