|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1,948,108 members, 4,039,719 topics. Date: Monday, 22 January 2018 at 07:27 AM
N-power Is A Social Intervention Programme For The Unemployed In Nigeria. / 15 Practical And Expected Behaviours Before,during & After Interview / What Type Of Questions Can Be Expected For Software Developer Interview (1) (2) (3) (4)
|What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by kayojosephy(m): 3:21pm On Jan 03|
I applied for a job advert requesting for a social media manager/influencer who is
-Vast in sports
-Able to handle basic social media applications
-Creative and pro-active in thinking
Of which I am vast in sports but do not have the experience in any capacity of social media management or influencing(apart from my own social media handles). The mail was acknowledged and I was told to come with a laptop and my past work of which I don't have. Note: The interview is scheduled to take place on Friday and it's a Radio Station.
Any tips on what is expected from me.. Thanks in advance.
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by Olusharp(m): 5:18pm On Jan 03|
kayojosephy:I also wanted to apply but I spotted it was not a freelance job..
since you didn't add any past experience and they acknowledged you, I believe you can still make things work for yourself..
Go with your laptop but quickly inform them your past experience was with your own personal social media handles... list them and pls edit them to look professional before you go on Friday.. if you are a good sport content writer tell them.. if you have little skills with graphics design, pls tell them.. tell them your understanding of human relationship and how you can use the page to build the firm repute.. once they complain about experience inform them the handler of EFCC handle never had a prior experience and he made the handle know...share your love for social media... and if you hit the job remember to mention me for my account number all the best...
57 Likes 4 Shares
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by Worksunlimited: 6:49pm On Jan 03|
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by chiefbidemi: 6:49pm On Jan 03|
There are 2 types depending on the industry
1. Politics: Your job here is to cause trouble for people who do not support your paymaster. When your paymaster does the wrong thing, say it is the best thing since cold water. You can take mentorship for this here on Nairaland. They are everywhere here
2. Business: You promote the company's products. Build and maintain a good brand image of the company. Interact with customers via social media platforms.
11 Likes 1 Share
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by BlackDBagba: 6:50pm On Jan 03|
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by alexistaiwo: 6:50pm On Jan 03|
To manage and influence social media of course.
The title is self explanatory enough na
Any more questions.
We got more pending issues to attend to
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by Elfaris(m): 6:51pm On Jan 03|
Olusharp:Good support. thumbs up
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by jaymejate(m): 6:51pm On Jan 03|
Want to learn too.
Reasonable comments would be appreciated
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by mosho2good: 6:51pm On Jan 03|
FEW LESSONS I LEARNT IN 2017.
1) DON'T TRUST PEOPLE:
Nowadays, people say what they don't mean. Actions speaks louder than words. Honesty is a very expensive gift don't expect it from cheap people. Real situation exposes fake friends.
2) Your HAPPINESS IS IMPORTANT:
Do away with friends, job or relationship that threatens your happiness.
Have lost friends and gained very important ones. It's called growth. If you ain't motivating me or encouraging me to be a better person. Then it means we are no longer on the same page. Life is too short to deal with dramas.
3) LEARN A SKILL: You ain't too old to acquire a skill. You job isn't permanent. Well except, your parent is the CEO.
Skills learnt remain stock in your brain for life. It is for your personal use.
You can make money from it in the future. Turn your hobby into a money making venture. Don't be idle
4) BE SELF EMPLOYED : It's not a must you resign from your place of work. But please ensure you have a second source of income. Invest wisely in a profitable business. *Eccl 11vs 2 says Invest in seven ventures, Yes, in eight, you do not know what disaster may come upon the land*
5) DONT BACK OUT WHEN FACED WITH CHALLENGES:
Life isnt all rosy. Being self employed ain't no joke. Have cried, shouted, got pissed off and smiled. Yet I'm still gonna push forward. 2018 is my year. So help me God��.
6) TAKE A BREAK FROM SOCIAL MEDIA :
If I had invested the number of hours I spent on social media in learning a skill or acquiring an online degree my life would have been better�.
7) EVERYBODY IS HAPPY WITH YOU UNTIL IT'S OBVIOUS YOU'VE STARTED DOING WELL WITH YOUR LIFE:
Your parents are the only people who truly wish to see you prosper. Don't feel bad when friends envy you.
To all my friends who didn't support me. I forgive you���.
WORSHIP GOD IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH: And life will be easy for you. No one runs to God and comes back empty handed.
9) SAVE: I say Save. And then again Save your money. Start a DIY Money Box Savings (Kolo. It's just 200 in the market) from Jan 1. .
You will be suprised how much you gonna get at the end of 2018.
Be consistent with the saving program. I backed out along the way and here I am wishing I had money �.
10) MAKE FRIENDS WITH PEOPLE WHO INSPIRE AND MOTIVATE YOU TO DO BETTER:
It's better you have just one friend than 10 friends who only encourage you to spend unwisely . Flee from friends who only encourage you to slay and pepper dem gang.
11) EXPECTATION IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL: It ain't any family member duty to help you. Don't expect favours from anybody. It's not your Right. Work and earn your own money. Most importantly, pray to God to send your personal helper to you.
13) DON'T DATE ANY DICK AND HARRY THAT PROFESS LOVE TO YOU : Be watchful and always trust your instinct.
Its better to be single than be in a hopeless relationship.
14) Keep your secrets secret. No lecture on that. ��
15) CALL YOUR PARENTS OFTEN:
Don't be far from them. Don't get carried away with youthful exuberance. They are your only true friends.
16) FORGIVE THOSE WHO HURT YOU: Even if they didn't ask for forgiveness. It's a self cleansing attitude. Also, be open minded that people will definitely offend you. Forgive anyway.
So many more to add but i will stop there.
*May 2018 be our year of super abundance.
*May God compress and compel time for us.
*We will testify in 2018. There shall be no evil report of any kind.
*And may our heart desires be granted in Jesus name ������
Happy New Year Friends
37 Likes 6 Shares
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by Webman007: 6:54pm On Jan 03|
To read first and then comment
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by wayne4loan: 6:54pm On Jan 03|
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 03|
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by AnodaIT(m): 6:56pm On Jan 03|
Get likes and shares for every post
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by SmartyPants(m): 7:00pm On Jan 03|
If you have $10 to spare, quickly go on Udemy and take a social media course/digital marketing course there.
What is expected is that you know the basics of marketing:
1. How to build a customer personna
2. How to carry out marketing research
3. How to create posts that will attract likes and comments organically
4. How to create attractive images
5. Have a good deal of common sense
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by olayinkajnr(m): 7:04pm On Jan 03|
@op, IMO, this is all you need. This person nailed it.
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by Ahmeduana(m): 7:11pm On Jan 03|
TO LIE AND LIES, TO CALL BLACK A WHITE AND TO CALL A DOG A MONKEY.
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by sholasys: 7:20pm On Jan 03|
Please just follow omojuwa, fshawkingfisher, AY, allibaba on twitter, Instagram and other social media platform. They are brand manager and social media influencer. If you follow them u will learn fast
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by mitchyy(f): 7:20pm On Jan 03|
Being a social media manager for brand is not as easy as ABC. That is why they asked for previous experience. Since you do not have any, you can prep up your personal social media accounts and present as your experience. DO NOT LIE!
As for what to expect on this job, here are some few things to note:
You'll need to familiarize yourself with social media applications, at least the popular ones. How well do you know the features of Instagram, Facebook and Twitter? It doesn't end with just putting up a picture and sharing it. Are you familiar with hashtags? Can you use them effectively? Can you tag properly and mention someone in a post? Can you run adverts on at least one of the platforms? Those are some of the basic things they expect you to have knowledge on.
There are social media tools for analytics and scheduling posts. Are you aware of any? Do a quick research on them and have a general idea. Some of them include Buffer, Later, Onlypult, Hootsuite, Postso and lots more.
Do you know how to source for good content free of errors? The first social media manager job I got, I was asked to send out a couple of tweets right there during the interview. And they waited to see the response the tweet will attract. Fortunately for me, I'm quite witty when writing and got a good number of retweets in minutes. So prep yourself for similar scenario.
If this happens, remember the basics for a social media post: Good quality image, error-free post text, proper hashtags, and customise each post for each channel. Instagram favors the use of more hashtags than Facebook and is more about visuals, while Twitter has post limit.
Follow popular social media influencers and learn from them. They are very many.
You obviously can't be a pro overnight but if you can impress them with a knowledge of these basic things, they might not bother about previous experience as long as you show a willingness to learn and improve.
To further impress them, visit their social media channels(if they already do) and put together a simple strategy on how you intend to grow their brand on social media. Speak like you already work with them
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by mechanics(m): 7:27pm On Jan 03|
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by ikorodureporta: 7:29pm On Jan 03|
Mod, send one borrool of Guilder come, i go epp u create 10 topics shapshap
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by austino2018: 7:40pm On Jan 03|
you are expected to handle social handles such as facebook, instagram, forums,youtube, by engaging your audience with valuable contents and marketing your company brand. so i would advice you to create contents on any sports topic you are conversant with, that can engage users when they visit your handle. use this as your marketing strategy when going for the interview. Best of luck
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by chinene1(f): 7:53pm On Jan 03|
Please read the above and act on it. This can help you get started. It's a whole lot of work so do your research very well.
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by OlowoB(m): 7:54pm On Jan 03|
Op you should read this up.... thumbs up.
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by johnnyn1(m): 7:55pm On Jan 03|
Do they pay Social Media Influencer well?
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by Protocall: 8:30pm On Jan 03|
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by yanshDoctor: 8:33pm On Jan 03|
guy i hope you nor wan go join buhari media team oh. and this one they want you to bring your laptop i hope its not a set up...
am i hope you have not been criticizing me?
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by seunakin231(m): 9:46pm On Jan 03|
These re few but not limited to things you need to know as to Excel in this role, Perfect usage Of all Social Media platforms that matters, E-mail marketing, retargetting, Google adwords&analytics, Content Development, free sites to posts ads, Eye för pictures and graphics...Wide kinda..
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by c2far: 10:23pm On Jan 03|
Congratulations on the feedback you currently have.
It's a radio station and one of the things they are interested in would be the basic. Take a deep breath at this moment and relax. I have a good feeling you will get the job.
Someone asked if they are paid well. Yes, they are relatively. The least you should get is about 100k. Some pay as high as 400k depending on the depth. You see that dude that said he did not apply because it was not freelance? Make him your friend. He or she understands how the industry work. That is where you should strive to ultimately be. That way you can manage social media account for more than one organisation. It's like earning 200k from more than one source. It's not an easy take but it is doable. It is a job for the future. It's one of the new jobs that appeared following the new media age. While a few others will disappear, it will get stronger at least for the next 10 years.
Back to your interview, these is what you should do -
1. Buy data and school yourself at this point. Run to YouTube to ask all the questions you want to ask and then see videos on how it is done.
2. Go online first and check all the online presence of the radio station. This is your arsenal and should be your focus as to promising what you can do.
3. Your role will include growing the twitter and instagram following and also the Facebook page likes. Explain to them that in terms of Alexa ranking, these are the top three social media platforms in Nigeria.
4. You already know the issues - sport and it looks like tour writing skill is good enough. Give them insight into how you will write engaging content that will lead to more interaction with the radio station. Tell them your target is to grow the station by word of Mouse, not Word of Mouth! The latter is for the marketing guys.
5. Tell them about hashtags and how you will draw a social media calendar for the station. A calendar means you will look at all the public issues and event that will trend in each month in the year and then pre-design contents ahead. In February for instance you will need to guess what the hashtag will be and tell the key commemorations in February - Valentine, Int'l Day of the Girl Child etc. You will need to fit a social media plan that syncs the radio station into this.
6. Someone mentioned you having good graphic skills. Run to Canva.com and quickly learn how to use the tool. You can design anything yourself afterwards for DP etc. You also will need to know how to do research on social media. Guess what, universities are already coming up with a means and style through which social media updates can be used in research work. It tells you of the huge potentials available.
7. You will need to name drop. The top blogs in Nigeria. What they do. Their costing plan. You will also need to promise your deliverables carefully by telling them what you will need from them. For examples if the radio station is not streaming online, you need to ask for that. That it will be cool to have a camera in the radio station. You may also ask that they pay for adverts on Twitter and Facebook etc. SEO, SEM, Mail Chimp, Eskimi, Badoo, Google Analytics, Retargeting are names and acronyms you must drop to seem very capable. Don't worry if you do not know all. What we need is that you get the job first. Then 'sacrifice' 70k to do your first training.
8. Let me know if 1-7 makes sense to you. I will continue from here tomorrow morning. On the contrary, I am ready to prep you for the interview at zero cost to you. Let's say my own way of wishing you a happy new year.
Best wishes bro.
Your sample tweet as a social media manager.
A new #radio station is in town. We are your best option in terms of local and foreign #sports. Follow us and win a prize.
#InspirationMonday #Nigeria #AFCON2018
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by Travcutedu: 10:27pm On Jan 03|
We are in need of a Social media manager in our Company if you are interested send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by invinzible1: 11:19pm On Jan 03|
c2far:I sent u a pm
|Re: What Is Expected Of A Social Media Manager/Influencer? by acadollar(m): 4:26am On Jan 04|
Look at how GTB bank suddenly started rewarding people and asking people to nominate people for prize right after they were accused of bad business relationship with Innoson.
That's example of the social media influencer job.
They diverted people's attention with that.
Now, no one is talking about what they did to Innoson, rather people are busy sending them list of their nominees.
You have to be a critical thinker, very creative and good decision maker
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 265