Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Nairaland 101; For New People ( Create Topics, Meaning Of ( FB, L&S , SH ) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland 101; For New People ( Create Topics, Meaning Of ( FB, L&S , SH ) (730 Views)

APC UK Mocks Corpers Who Don't Know Meaning Of 'CCTV' & 'vertebrae' (video) / D.e.l.s.u Post-utme For Law And Engineering (oleh Campus) / Hnd In M.l.s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland 101; For New People ( Create Topics, Meaning Of ( FB, L&S , SH ) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 03, 2018
Joining Nairaland from Twitter was a little hard. I always knew people see Twitter as hard, but Nairaland seem a little harder with virtually little in noob support or orientation as to how to Nairate -- a word I coined myself to represent participation down here, wooh! I'm smart! grin .

Lots of abbreviations on the top of my dash board with little knowledge as to how they function. So I took the time to find out about them, and also how to create topic down here ( took me a better of a week to figure that out, gave up at some point)

So gather round and listen up my cute countrymen and ladies. If you are now a noob as I was once, here is a listed, detailed guide on how to Nairate! ( Use Nairaland )

SH : is the post shared with you by people you follow. This allow you see what your favorite people are reading.

FB : this shows
post, contents from topics you follow. I.e I follow politics and Romance, if a new topic get created, I would find it here.

L & S : Likes and Shares; shows all your posting which have been liked or shared by other Nairalanders.

MT : This is your MenTion, show who replied your post or comments or who mentioned your moniker.

FG: is your FollowinGs, shows who and which Nairalanders you are following and see their SH.

FS : FollowerS , show who is following you, and get to see your SH.

Trending : shows the post or Topic with the highest views. This is from where Mods select topics to push to FP ( front page )

Recent : the newest post, and comments by Nairalanders.

New : The newest Topic created by Nairalanders. It's the place to go if the FP gets boring. A bonus , you get to bet on which topic makes it to FP by been the first to write on them.

HOW TO CREATE A NEW TOPIC

click on the topic of choice : politics , Romance, Education or Auto.

scroll to the start of the FB ( board ) before the topic.

create topic is usually at the last part of the dash board. at the Left.

click on it, type your Tittle, add your commentaries and add photos. Then Upload.

There !

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland 101; For New People ( Create Topics, Meaning Of ( FB, L&S , SH ) by dominique(f): 8:43pm On Jan 03, 2018
Rookies grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland 101; For New People ( Create Topics, Meaning Of ( FB, L&S , SH ) by selflover(f): 8:45pm On Jan 03, 2018
pls reply ur mail from davidf

1 Like

Re: Nairaland 101; For New People ( Create Topics, Meaning Of ( FB, L&S , SH ) by stainless239(f): 8:52pm On Jan 03, 2018
Ff
Re: Nairaland 101; For New People ( Create Topics, Meaning Of ( FB, L&S , SH ) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 03, 2018
selflover:
pls reply ur mail from davidf
my sister, I am tired of their mail Biko. Let me rest

(1) (Reply)

Over 100 Unilorin Students Ride At The Back Of A Trailer To Leave Campus (video) / . / Photo: The Politics Of Poison In Nigeria. Very Hillarious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.