Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays (28972 Views)

Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG / Fuel Scarcity Looms As FG, Oil Marketers Disagree On Pricing / Oil Marketers To Shut Down ALL Loading Operations By Midnight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by frankmoney(m): 10:26pm On Jan 03, 2018
dustmalik:

There are times you clearly know that you are saying rubbish, yet you go ahead to say it anyway.
u just took the word out of my mouth bro

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by ashjay001(m): 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2018
GoodGovernance:
Very clear now:

Their initial plan was to blackmail the FG and force it to increase the fuel price.

Unfortunately, dey met a dullardgringrin

Our very own dullard, who doesnt know u bend over backwards, when being blackmailed!gringringrin

He probably called their bluff! And, them, knowing how crazy he is, they succumbed!? I love that nigga! Though, he's too slow n not consistent!

Sai baba

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:43pm On Jan 03, 2018
after making Nigerians pass through he'll during the Xmas period due to thier selfishness, they are now begging for tax holidays....see yeye oil marketers. ....why didn't they ask of this earlier than now knowing the Xmas season was fast approaching.....this country called Nigeria, only God can change it

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by frankyychiji(f): 10:48pm On Jan 03, 2018
zero8zero:
Do you guys find it impossible to live without mentioning him?
On the contrary, his pathological hatred for Igbos is the oxygen he breathes and will eventually choke him.
Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by ozimec(m): 10:58pm On Jan 03, 2018
frankyychiji:
Liondeleo quoting Omekalives when innocent farmers in benue are been slaughtered like chickens in their own land. If only he can invest a little of the energy he spends online hating on IPOB to lead an online protest against the wanton destruction of lives and properties by fulanis and Nig Army and the pythons in his home state, perhaps the dumb president with an acute ear infection would listen. Comic! grin grin grin

See him posting pics of cities with erosion crises whereas his own city of Benue was not only sacked by flood last September but is flooded currently with the blood of innocent men, women and children! Shameful!

These marketers are wasting their time asking for tax holidays and all what. Buhari is hard of hearing , unteachable and not a proactive person.

Not until the citizens begin to roll on their bellies on the street before any of his aides compel him to act!

#BabaGoSlow

THIS IS FOR YOU MY DEAR

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by fortune1968: 10:59pm On Jan 03, 2018
SalamRushdie:
This is just proof that the marketers are doing everything possible to make sure there is fuel but Buhari remain the dull stumbling block ..This is further proof the dullard is 100 percent responsible for the fuel scarcity
Seems you can call your father and grandfather dullards .Buhari is our President .Stop your bad behavior .

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by deenee: 11:02pm On Jan 03, 2018
grandstar:
This is an unreasonable request by the marketers.

They had probably noticed Buhari's refusal to accept the reality of deregulation and capitulated to keeping the price at it's unrealistic low level.

For Pete's sake, the landing price is N171/litre at the port. how tthen can it be sold at N146 at the pump.

I know some will say if it is locally refined, that will solve the problem.

Question is- Will NNPC dash them the crude oil to refine??

Obviously not!!!

Dangote said refining it locally will save about 23 naira per litre.

So, let's minus 23 from 171. That still gives us 148 wholesale price from the refinery. Yet the pump price is 146. We have not factored in transport cost from Lagos state to other parts of the country and profit margins have not been included.

Government should simply deregulate the price. Yes, Nigerians will pay higher but supply will be guaranteed like diesel and now kerosene after government deregulated the price.

I don't see how Dangote will cope with a subsidy regime. I suspect he will lots of money to any presidential candidate that will free the price from its' present senseless stranglehold

Pls stop mis informing people. Landing cost is not 171 naira.

The bottom line is these people want to cash in on the increasing oil prices.

The same way they bastardized the subsidy exercise. Bottomline is this; it is not by force to import fuel. If they feel the business is not profitable, they should close shop.....QED.

Even if the tax holiday is granted, they will still abuse it

To be honest i cant wait for Dangote to finish his refinery.

At first they complained scarcity of dollar, now they get about 60% of dollar allocation from CBN rate of N306 whilst other people get at N360 and above. Before this they abused the subsidy regime..now it's landing cost...again it is not by force to be a fuel importer....if they feel they dont like the margins...they can stop importing fuel and look at other profitable businesses around

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by kolaaderin: 11:04pm On Jan 03, 2018
SalamRushdie:
This is just proof that the marketers are doing everything possible to make sure there is fuel but Buhari remain the dull stumbling block ..This is further proof the dullard is 100 percent responsible for the fuel scarcity

You will always find a way to twist the news either good or bad against the president. If you die today with this hatred in you, you will be dinning with Lucifar for the rest of your life, repent now before its too late

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by SalamRushdie: 11:04pm On Jan 03, 2018
GavelSlam:

The marketers know these are their last days.

The refineries are coming.

If they like they should continue to play koso.

What I like the president for is his ability to remain focused regardless of the distractions.

Gavel I suspect you were born in January
Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by cyberguy72(m): 11:06pm On Jan 03, 2018
deenee:

Pls stop mis informing people. Landing cost is not 176 naira.

The same way they bastardized the subsidy exercise. Bottomline is this; it is not by force to import fuel. If they feel the business is not profitable, they should close shop.....QED.

At first they complained scarcity of dollar, now they get about 60% of dollar allocation from CBN rate of N306 whilst other people get at N360 and above. Before this they abused the subsidy regime..now it's landing cost...again it is not by force to be a fuel importer....if they feel they dont like the margins...they can stop importing fuel and look at other profitable businesses around
My friend landing cost is N171.W hats the need doing a biz when don't make profit?U wud just sit down and by typing rubbish.FG just need to subsidize for these guys to resume importation.If not let d downstream be deregulated.QED
Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by GavelSlam: 11:08pm On Jan 03, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Gavel I suspect you were born in January

Nope.

Should it matter?
Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by Teniola2000: 11:11pm On Jan 03, 2018
Must Read!! Stella's Diary: Diary of a Nigerian Mistress (Every Body get in here) :

How my Neighbour's Girlfriend poured me stew thinking I came to snatch her boyfriend(Must read)

https://joelsblog.com.ng/stellas-diary-my-loneliness-has-become-shadow-of-my-ownself/

Chief!!! 40 bags!
Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by zero8zero(m): 11:13pm On Jan 03, 2018
frankyychiji:
On the contrary, his pathological hatred for Igbos is the oxygen he breathes and will eventually choke him.
well, i can't speak for him but i think y'all are more bothered about him than he is about you. And you're particularly running around lately, you're married?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by LionDeLeo: 11:14pm On Jan 03, 2018
kolaaderin:

You will always find a way to twist the news either good or bad against the president. If you die today with this hatred in you, you will be dinning with Lucifar for the rest of your life, repent now before its too late
He is campaigning for atiku grin grin grin

Gradually, the actual paid agents will start bringing themselves out. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by Oblang(m): 11:16pm On Jan 03, 2018
SalamRushdie:

What nonsense are u talking abt...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by emmie14: 11:18pm On Jan 03, 2018
LionDeLeo:

You mean this village? grin grin

Shame to one Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by frankyychiji(f): 11:20pm On Jan 03, 2018
ozimec:

THIS IS FOR YOU MY DEAR
Aww....thanks bro!

That Omenka guy quoting liondeleo his other moniker is the 7th wonder of the world!

Imagine somebody whose hometown is flooding with the blood of his people as we speak had the guts to come online to hate on the superior tribe?

Rather than stand with his people in their most painful moment, he's holed up in his mushin one room apartment in Lagos forming hard man!

He's so unfeeling and wicked!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by emmie14: 11:22pm On Jan 03, 2018
valentineuwakwe:
after making Nigerians pass through he'll during the Xmas period due to thier selfishness, they are now begging for tax holidays....see yeye oil marketers. ....why didn't they ask of this earlier than now knowing the Xmas season was fast approaching.....this country called Nigeria, only God can change it
All this medicine after death is a con-away to justify their wickedness. The deeds are done. Just to remove Buhari the petroleum minister from Petroleum related cases. We are not babies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by zero8zero(m): 11:24pm On Jan 03, 2018
Oblang:

Lol He sure would be dissappointed with himself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by emmie14: 11:25pm On Jan 03, 2018
Oblang:

Reality

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by LionDeLeo: 11:25pm On Jan 03, 2018
emmie14:

Shame to one Nigeria.
Yeah.

Sincerely wish yisreal can start packing their property out of Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by frankyychiji(f): 11:26pm On Jan 03, 2018
zero8zero:
well, i can't speak for him but i think y'all are more bothered about him than he is about you. And you're particularly running around lately, you're married?
Oh Pls, get the hell outta my way before I invoke the gods of my ancestors to move you forcefully!! embarassed

Quote me again and incur their wrath! embarassed
Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by tete7000(m): 11:28pm On Jan 03, 2018
The marketers still didn't take responsibility, they only proffer an alternative solution to price increase. It's like: if you don't want fuel increase give us tax holiday. They had earlier demanded that government should give them forex reduction. At the end of the day, government end up subsidising the existing price regime one way or the other. I don't see softpedalling in their demand.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by kings09(m): 11:29pm On Jan 03, 2018
Politics wont allow. So many vested interests politically n economically
kstyle2:
Na wa. I still don't understand why a nation with abundant oil gets to import it. They say our refineries are not producing at optimal level. Then i ask, what will it take to make these refineries produce at an optimal level? Do we need to purchace state of the art equipment, do we need to retrain workers, do we need to contract it to expatriates who are better equipped in hanfling such dire matters. What ever may be the case, let us do something right for once. We know our problems, we know how to solve these problems but we have vehemently refused to do so due to greed of certain individuals
Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by frankyychiji(f): 11:30pm On Jan 03, 2018
LionDeLeo:

Yeah.

By the time Fulani is through with your people, there will be no home to call your own. You better use your old age wisely.
Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by zero8zero(m): 11:33pm On Jan 03, 2018
frankyychiji:
Oh Pls, get the hell outta my way before I invoke the gods of my ancestors to move you forcefully!! embarassed

Quote me again and incur their wrath! embarassed
Seriously?, what it is by your time, someone needs to be checking on you. My sympathy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by Enice(m): 11:38pm On Jan 03, 2018
SalamRushdie:
salama, salama, ah! ah! is this the meaning of what was writing by the original poser? Ah! salama, you are really a salamanga.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by musa234(m): 11:38pm On Jan 03, 2018
omenkaLives:
I thought some people said the crises was a plot by Buhari to prevent them from going to visit their relatives in their useless villages..

Smh.

This country would be alot better if we can do away with those elements, Boko Haram and killer herdsmen honestly. There's no difference between the three.
you insulting a whole tribe by calling them those elements? You disgust me kai
Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by zero8zero(m): 11:44pm On Jan 03, 2018
LionDeLeo:

Yeah.

yisreal Lol. That would mean some $3500 to let go the infiltrators. Nigeria can't afford such presently.
Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by grandstar(m): 11:46pm On Jan 03, 2018
deenee:

Pls stop mis informing people. Landing cost is not 176 naira.

Why must the country continue to fix the price of petrol? It does the country no good.

Until the price is deregulated and gets hands off the pricing is when these artificial scarcity will end.

It will also re-invigorate the sector
Re: Fuel Price: Oil Marketers Backpedal, Begs FG For Tax Holidays by grandstar(m): 11:49pm On Jan 03, 2018
GavelSlam:

When Dangote's refinery comes on stream the industry would be fully regulated.

Doing so would lead to competition and a stable price regime.

How will it lead to a stable price regime?

The price of crude oil keeps going up and down. How then will the price of petrol be stable?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Banditry: Kebbi Govt Remodels SUVs Into Armoured Personnel Carriers / The New Police Area Commands In Nigeria (Photo) / FG Revokes Six Oil Licences, Gives Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.