Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,379 members, 7,781,065 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:17 AM

Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River (2467 Views)

40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After / See 40MW Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba Delivered As Promised By Buhari / Biafran Man Locally Produces Microlight Aircraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by IBBG(m): 10:39am On Jan 04, 2018
A very talented man who needs encouragement is in the limelight after constructing a mini Hydroelectric power plant that generates electricity. The 32-year-old man identified as Augustine Otuokwa Ogar, a graduate of Electronic and Computer Technology, reportedly constructed a 20 Mega Watts mini Hydroelectric power plant that generates electricity for the plant site and its surrounding Mgbaeshuo village of Wula Community, Eastern Boki, Boki LGA, Cross River State.

He reportedly constructed the Hydroelectric Plant with locally selected handpicked materials and equipment.

According to reports, He converts the kinetic energy of a flowing stream water into electric energy that is now used in homes and business areas of this village.

Generated on a small scale with ‘run-off’ installation of a naturally flowing stream water to turn and revolve its turbine. The Water rushes past the turbine, hitting its blades and causing it to spin and rotate, converting the water’s kinetic energy into mechanical energy, the water then finally flows out of the stream and continues its journey down stream

.”When the turbine spins so does the electromagnetic field convert this mechanical energy into electric energy”. “The flow rate of the stream water is low, because its not a dam or water fall, this is a small stream with low flowing water, Yet I was able to convert it to bring Pressure and fall like a Dam,” he said while showcasing his work.
http://allnews.uodoo.com/en-ng/detail/337726870912441?uc_param_str=dnfrpfbivesvchmtsscpgimibtbmntniladsnwkt&app=browser_push&uc_biz_str=action%3Abase.openwindow%7Cparam%3AS.object=infoflow%3BS.token=1002%3BS.scene=1002%3Bl.channel=10069901%3Bend&entry1=push&entry2=auto&uc_msg=agoo'1769751449152655360'0

2 Likes

Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by taylor88(m): 10:41am On Jan 04, 2018
Great
Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by RoyalBlak007: 10:43am On Jan 04, 2018
How
Nice cool
Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by Nebes: 10:44am On Jan 04, 2018
More pictures please.
Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 04, 2018
Engineers abeg how feasible is this idea?
Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by Anotheroption(f): 11:00am On Jan 04, 2018
Good day Nairalanders, I have been an active user on Nairaland for some years, but had to create a new moniker out of shame, but right now I am confused and desperate, have not been able to sleep. I am desperately in need of assistance and have no one to run too.
I was given admission into imo state college of nursing and midwifery in October and was to resume on the 23rd of that same month, but due to financial constraint I had to lie that my mother was seriously ill and no one was around to look after her, so I could not meet the deadline, the man who assisted me in gaining the pre admission process pleaded on my behalf, and I was told to resume with the second batch that would be resuming in the second week of December, I still could not meet up, in allah favour, I was given another grace period, thanks to the same man who assisted me in the pre admission process. This time I was told if I do not resume along with other students, I should forget the admission.
I just quit my job this December and all I could save using my salary was 70 thousand Naira out of the 152 thousand Naira as fees, I just returned from the my village in okene back to my base in Abuja, but my parents could not assist in anyway, seeing their present situation, they find it hard to even feed. I came back to Abuja last night and since then I have been confused to this present time.
Please help a poor ebira girl or I will lose this admission.
I promise to keep everyone who assists me updated with my admission process and will also write out their names with the amount if you want me to.
Please I have no one else to run too, that is why I ran here. Please assist me in any way possible and May almighty Allah reward you all as you come to my aid. Thank you.
Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by explorer250(m): 11:04am On Jan 04, 2018
pls op becareful of what you are saying, do you know what 200 mega watts is? even the total power transfered to each state in Nigeria is not up to 200 mega watts( do the maths 5000 mega watts divided by 36 states pls abuja gives you about 100+ megawatts per state) so how on earth can that small thing generate 200 megawatts? kudos to the boy though, our EE students of these days can't even do that.

2 Likes

Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by Ovamboland(m): 11:08am On Jan 04, 2018
Good idea and nice attempt at harnessing renewable energy.
However that cannot give anything close to 200 MW.
Maybe 200w can be produced at peak flow of water.

2 Likes

Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by obailala(m): 11:12am On Jan 04, 2018
Good work! If I live near a fast flowing stream, I'd certainly try something like this.

@Op
200mw? I'm not sure you know what 200mw is.

1 Like

Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by obailala(m): 11:13am On Jan 04, 2018
Ovamboland:
Good idea and nice attempt at harnessing renewable energy.
However that cannot give anything close to 200 MW.
Maybe 200w can be produced at peak flow of water.
That construction shown in the picture cant come anywhere close to 200w.

2 Likes

Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by KardinalZik(m): 11:22am On Jan 04, 2018
Supplying a single community 200mw is highly suicidal and Boko-haramic. Even the whole state doesn't consume up to that from the national grid daily. GET THAT STRAIGHT!

Meanwhile, I know that innovation and creativity in Nigeria is only encouraged on the pages of newspapers; but never in reality.

1 Like

Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by Desyner: 11:31am On Jan 04, 2018
I don't believe this. Either the capacity or the work isn't real. 20mw is no joke.

1 Like

Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by EternalTruths: 11:45am On Jan 04, 2018
Kettykings, technology like this, though small, can go a long way in helping our small businesses in cities & rural areas of Igboland that have flowing streams to generate electricity small enough to power small businesses.

The actual power generated might be 200KwH or 20KwH and not 200MwH. It can also be increased if the outlet channel is at least 4 times lesser than the inlet channel to make it jet out faster in order to generate enough pressure to turn the blades.

All that are needed is to;

1) get an alternator or accumulator that converts mechanical energy to electrical energy.

2) make sure the water outlet is smaller than the water inlet to build up pressure.

3) Locally made turbine that will be turned by the fast flowing water.

4) Belt to connect the turbine and the alternator. The turbine will act like a car engine rotating belt holder.

Car alternators can be of use.

The difference between what this young man did and what we have in our car / generator engines, is the replacement of a combustion engine with a water engine.

We have lots of streams, gutters and rivers in Igboland that can be converted to stuffs like this to generate lots of electricity for our people.

We could even build multiple dams on a particular fast flowing stream or river or gutter to generate more electricity for our people.

May God strengthen Lalasticlal & Seun to take this to the front page for people to know more about it and invest in developing better ones.

God be with us.

2 Likes

Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by erinolu(m): 12:17pm On Jan 04, 2018
I searched and found the brilliant chaps details online and following discussions with him, he affirmed that its a 200Watt hydro power generator.

The alternator and size of water runoff are key determinants to generating bigger Watts.

His demonstration was a show of capacity and can develop as required.

If you need to reach Augustine. Drop your number and i will personally shoot you his number by SMS free of charge.
Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by docjuli(m): 5:10am On Jan 05, 2018
erinolu:
I searched and found the brilliant chaps details online and following discussions with him, he affirmed that its a 200Watt hydro power generator.

The alternator and size of water runoff are key determinants to generating bigger Watts.

If you need to reach Augustine. Drop your number and i will personally shoot you his number by SMS free of charge.

Ok. So, op should do the needful.
Meanwhile you can link him to his house of Rep Hon Ngoro Agibe, he believes in energy projects. Senator JOE will come in later.
Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by EternalTruths: 6:24am On Jan 05, 2018
erinolu:

Send me his number through PM

I have ideas to share with him that can help him take it to a commercial level.
Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by adeolakemi: 6:50am On Jan 05, 2018
another biafran
Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 05, 2018
Id..t! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

adeolakemi:
another biafran
Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by Donkay82: 8:18am On Jan 05, 2018
obailala:
That construction shown in the picture cant come anywhere close to 200w.
really? Read what you wrote again! What is 200w? I must comment too they worry you
Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by obailala(m): 9:22am On Jan 05, 2018
Donkay82:
really? Read what you wrote again! What is 200w? I must comment too they worry you
I dont think what I said is far from the truth. Take a second look (a proper look this time) at the construction in that picture. Observe the size of generator kit and also observe the amount of flowing water through the system, the pressure head and the general water velocity.
Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by EternalTruths: 9:24am On Jan 05, 2018
obailala:
I dont think what I said is far from the truth. Take a second look (a proper look this time) at the construction in that picture. Observe the size of generator kit and also observe the amount of flowing water through the system, the pressure head and the general water velocity.

200W is small
if the power generated by a Tiger Generator is higher

What is the power generated by Tiger Generator.?
Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by obailala(m): 9:42am On Jan 05, 2018
EternalTruths:

200W is small
if the power generated by a Tiger Generator is higher

What is the power generated by Tiger Generator.?
Before we go there, take a look at that prototype in the picture again, together with the amount and strenght of water flowing through it. Do you really think this can produce even up to a third of the power from the smallest I pass my neighbour gen?
Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by EternalTruths: 9:49am On Jan 05, 2018
obailala:
Before we go there, take a look at that prototype in the picture again, together with the amount and strenght of water flowing through it. Do you really think this can produce even up to a third of the power from the smallest I pass my neighbour gen?

It can, from the look of the dropping water that he pressurized to drop harder.

Also the alternator used, is the same size as Tiger Gen alternators.

What I planned to advice the guy, is to

1) dam the gutter using concrete that is 5ft tall and 10 feet towards the bridge

2) use multiple alternators to increase the Watts produced.

3) Sell to the village.
Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by Daviddson(m): 9:52am On Jan 05, 2018
I think this was already on FP yesterday. But 20MW is too much for another small stuff I'm seeing there. Could it be 2MW or even less?
Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by obailala(m): 11:01am On Jan 05, 2018
EternalTruths:

It can, from the look of the dropping water that he pressurized to drop harder.

Also the alternator used, is the same size as Tiger Gen alternators.

What I planned to advice the guy, is to

1) dam the gutter using concrete that is 5ft tall and 10 feet towards the bridge

2) use multiple alternators to increase the Watts produced.

3) Sell to the village.
Okay, if we agree that the alternator used is same capacity as the tiger gen's, now take a close look at the pressure and volume of flowing water through that system. Do you really think this system as it currently is can produce anything close to the rotation and power of the petrol internal combustion engine of the tiger? I dont think it can.You are right though, it can be modified for more power.
Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by EternalTruths: 11:06am On Jan 05, 2018
obailala:
Okay, if we agree that the alternator used is same capacity as the tiger gen's, now take a close look at the pressure and volume of flowing water through that system. Do you really think this system as it currently is can produce anything close to the rotation and power of the petrol internal combustion engine of the tiger? I dont think it can.You are right though, it can be modified for more power.

Don't look at the water before the fall but the water after the fall.

Look at it closely enough again.
Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by Biggie225(m): 11:29am On Jan 05, 2018
adeolakemi:
another biafran

Wasterners will descent hate speeches on you nw..
Watch out

1 Like

Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by adeolakemi: 12:01pm On Jan 05, 2018
TrueSenator:
Id..t! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
is that your father's name?
Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 05, 2018
No it's your father's Name! wink wink wink

adeolakemi:
is that your father's name?
Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by pode(m): 5:09pm On Jan 05, 2018
simijimi:
Engineers abeg how feasible is this idea?

30%
Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by naijaking1: 5:25pm On Jan 05, 2018
Good job
Re: Man Locally Constructs Hydro Power Plant That Gives Electricity In Cross River by ironheart(m): 5:40pm On Jan 05, 2018
Op lie small na, 20MW no be here o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Buhari Approves Referendum For Biafra / Only Yorubas Care About June 12 / 2023 Loading: Okorocha And El Rufai In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.