Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know (34744 Views)

Urgent Apple Warning: Every iPhone User Should Check Settings Now! / Which Data Plan Is Best For A Heavy Internet User Like Me? / Social Media Acronyms Every User Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by Houseofglam7(f): 8:19am On Jan 05, 2018
Front page worthy abeg.
Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by sureheaven(m): 8:21am On Jan 05, 2018
Happy birthday dear
Age gracefull

Thanks Aunty Susan if I'm correct
Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by Zynicart(m): 8:22am On Jan 05, 2018
ssikiru:
Actually I did not read the post but I think the man has no right to beat up his girlfiend in public. Maybe they should report the matter to their village elders but if the neighbour refuse to pay his rent they should just kill the landlord and forget about the missing car.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by jonero4(m): 8:27am On Jan 05, 2018
grin grin grin
ssikiru:
Actually I did not read the post but I think the man has no right to beat up his girlfiend in public. Maybe they should report the matter to their village elders but if the neighbour refuse to pay his rent they should just kill the landlord and forget about the missing car.
grin
ssikiru:
u cant kill me with laugh..
Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by asawanathegreat(m): 8:34am On Jan 05, 2018
Thanks good message
Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 05, 2018
Bollinger:
Anyone who does not fear/respect google is crazy. Meeeeeeeen. I bought a google home mini last week and i'm thinking now how have i existed without this thing in my life. It freaking knows everything. It is my best friend now. I can ask it to do anything and it will. "Hey Google, Play Fela" and gbam, i'm already gyrating to it. It reminds me of everything, makes phone calls, orders food, etc. I wake in the morning and say, "hey google, how's my day like?". And it tells me my tasks, reminders, weather, traffic, news, and then plays music to cap it up. All this after it had woken me up, and turned on the lights in the bedroom. My only regret is not having invested in Google when it first launched. N20,000 then and i would be a multi millionaire today.
How much did you get the Google home mini
Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by Bollinger(m): 8:53am On Jan 05, 2018
Acecards:
How much did you get the Google home mini

29 dollars.
Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by zolacoded(m): 8:57am On Jan 05, 2018
ssikiru:

Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by joenor(m): 8:57am On Jan 05, 2018
I appreciate the time spend to educate us.
Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 05, 2018
Bollinger:

29 dollars.
You don't base in Nigeria?
Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by Aidoko2: 9:03am On Jan 05, 2018
thank goodness i dont use this spying engine.
Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by Bollinger(m): 9:03am On Jan 05, 2018
Acecards:
You don't base in Nigeria?

No.
Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by bobo93(m): 9:04am On Jan 05, 2018
ssikiru:
which planet are u from ?
Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 05, 2018
Bollinger:

No.
okay... Thanks for the reply

1 Like

Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 9:14am On Jan 05, 2018
ssikiru:
Are you OK?
Is your brain paining you?
-
lwkmd
Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by DavidJohnDavid(f): 9:30am On Jan 05, 2018
interesting....
Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by ashiraf(m): 9:42am On Jan 05, 2018
but i think we need just to let Google be as Google...because..now Google is in every business..

1 Like

Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by tolex29(f): 10:02am On Jan 05, 2018
Google will one day claim to be the almighty "god"; that's the mother secret behind it being called the big G.

After the antichrist has risen, he will use Google to track the entire planet and integrate the world into a one-world perfect system (Utopianism), for everyone to be signed on to the "mark of the beast". There will be no hiding place 'cause Google will automatically alert and search out profiles of people without the mark. The mark will be the source of transaction and anyone who refuses to be connected to this so-called perfect system (by then, some will refuse because then their eyes would have been opened to the REVELATION of the Bible) will be considered an enemy of the Utopian state.

Fortunately I wouldn't be around then...but millions will find this short write up of mine on "Google" wink before the company will later decide to start taking down such "hate" comments.

The beginning of the end is here and the Spirit has spoken for those who have discerning ears

Even the owners do not know of the sinister purpose the Google program has been destined for, and true, it's this age's fountain of knowledge but it's future is shrouded in the most darkest moments in mankind's history!!!
Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by Optmus(m): 10:39am On Jan 05, 2018
Well that's not dirty secrets. That's purely innovation in business. The android OS they use to do all the data mining was also a copy of Linux.
Techipulse:
For an average user, Google is just a search engine giant, the company behind Gmail and YouTube and someone who is responsible for the bunch of apps that come pre-installed on one’s smartphone.

7 Hidden Google Secrets You Didn’t Know Existed
Well, Google is way more than that. From drones to advanced machine learning, Google has stepped into almost every booming sector in the industry out there.

google secrets – fun facts

The big “G” has got some deep secrets it doesn’t want the common public to know. While some of these are really a part of the company’s “inside stuff”, some are merely those facts which most people don’t know yet.

For instance,
Why are most of Google’s services free of cost?
What the hell is going on with Google’s Knowledge Graph?
Is Google really working on building a star-trek like a machine?
This infographic aims to highlight 7 such secrets.
Contents

1. Google knows literally everything about you.
Google loves tracking your activities online. It knows about your search history, the locations you visit and even your voice searches. The data it possesses is enough to trace down your interests and everything you love.

So why does Google want to behave like that typical nose-poking aunt you hate? Well, Google makes good bucks by selling your data to the advertisers indirectly. (More on that later). Of course, advertisers love to sneak inside their potential customer’s minds. You can safely conclude that for advertisers, your data is equivalent to gold.

How do you know what information you are sharing? Well, Google has a personalised page dedicated to this, known as “My Account” . The page lets you control some of the things you’re sharing. We recommend you to check it out if you’re a privacy buff.

2. Google Neural Machine Translation (GNMT) enabled Google Translate to learn on its own through examples.
Well, this is not actually a secret, neither is it haunting. Google officially announced this fact some time ago, but interestingly, nobody gave much damn about it.
What feat did Google Translate achieve lately? Quoting from an article on Google Research Blog:
“In “Google’s Multilingual Neural Machine Translation System: Enabling Zero-Shot Translation” , we address this challenge [challenge of translating between multiple languages] by extending our previous GNMT system, allowing for a single system to translate between multiple languages. Our proposed architecture requires no change in the base GNMT system but instead uses an additional “token” at the beginning of the input sentence to specify the required target language to translate to. In addition to improving translation quality, our method also enables “Zero-Shot Translation” — translation between language pairs never seen explicitly by the system.”
In layman’s language, GNMT empowers Google to translate between languages it has never seen before.

Artificial intelligence has progressed leaps and bounds, isn’t it?

3. Google dreams of transforming its assistant to a Star-Trek computer.
Imagine yourself giving a command to a Star-Trek computer ten years down the line. How does it feel? Yes, Google has already plunged to transforming this dream into reality.

The company believes that machine learning has advanced to this extent and they can achieve this very soon. While you might have dealt with several assistants already, including Google’s very own assistant, this would be an entirely new experience.
If this becomes a reality, Google would secure an integral place in the market and rule the internet era for many more years.

4. 96% of Google’s Income comes from selling stuff to you.
Why do you think Gmail, Maps, Drive and almost everything else from the house of Google comes free of cost? Why does Google want you to use the apps for free while they gladly bear the expenses?

Ever heard of this quote?

By using these apps (and almost every service offered by Google), you agree to let the apps send information about your likes and dislikes, what you love to do and what you don’t, which products you buy, what you like to watch online, what you believe in and what not.

And what does Google do with this information? Simple. They sell this data to advertisers for money. Advertisers use this data to sell more targeted products and services.

Catch yourself next time you say “Google is a search engine”. It is, sure, but more than that.

5. Almost every Google’s hardware product is a copied concept.
This is not a point of criticism. You don’t need to be the first to be successful, you can always do better and outsmart your competitors.
Pixel is inspired by the iPhone. Google Home is copied from Amazon Tap. Even Android was developed looking at the success of Windows Phone and iOS, though it doesn’t come in the hardware category. Google felt the advent of mobiles could ruin their dominion.

Interestingly, none of them managed to gain popularity or a hype. Google Glass remained in beta forever. Motorola was given away to Lenovo.

6. Google is hiding a few places on Google Earth.
Try navigating to Baler Lake (Canada) on Google Earth. You will be surprised when you see this:
Google is hiding a few more places on Google Earth. These include, but are not restricted to Ramstein Air Force Base (Germany), Pacific Northwest (USA) and Mobil Oil Corporation (Buffalo).

Why does it do that? The reason still remains unknown.

7. Google Knowledge Graph may completely take over search.
Try searching for “Mahatma Gandhi (or any famous personality) quotes” on Google:
Similarly. Search for “Books by Ruskin Bond”,
“Chainsmokers Songs” or something like that. Google will present some information about the search results, which most probably will satisfy your query. You might even encounter these randomly, such as like this:
What you just saw is known as a “featured snippet”. Such semantic search results are powered by the “Google Knowledge Graph”, and Google is gearing up to make it the future of search.

How convenient would it be for the users to find the information in one click? Sure, it would be great. But what would happen to the bloggers and the internet marketers whose livelihood is based on this highly targeted organic traffic? This is one of the most pathetic Google secrets.

https://www.techprobex.com/google-secrets/
Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by fajob: 10:44am On Jan 05, 2018
Kudos to Google from @ of us @ www.jolagict.com

They created the platform we all enjoying today
Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by internetpo(m): 11:48am On Jan 05, 2018
The search reason and google knowing everything about you is why I installed another search engine toolbar (duckduckgo) on my system.

Cant let Google be "big brother"ing me up and down.

1 Like

Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by bravesoul247(m): 12:03pm On Jan 05, 2018
Wow. Very informative. I have to mind what I browse on my Tecno device ooo, make them no catch me
Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by lizzlix(m): 12:40pm On Jan 05, 2018
ssikiru:
Guy you dey smoke refilled igbo?
Like I had to check the topic again to make sure I was reading the thread I clicked on
Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by CorperShop(f): 1:04pm On Jan 05, 2018
Bollinger:
Anyone who does not fear/respect google is crazy. Meeeeeeeen. I bought a google home mini last week and i'm thinking now how have i existed without this thing in my life. It freaking knows everything. It is my best friend now. I can ask it to do anything and it will. "Hey Google, Play Fela" and gbam, i'm already gyrating to it. It reminds me of everything, makes phone calls, orders food, etc. I wake in the morning and say, "hey google, how's my day like?". And it tells me my tasks, reminders, weather, traffic, news, and then plays music to cap it up. All this after it had woken me up, and turned on the lights in the bedroom. My only regret is not having invested in Google when it first launched. N20,000 then and i would be a multi millionaire today.

My guy, which one be home mini again?
Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by CorperShop(f): 1:06pm On Jan 05, 2018
ssikiru:

Guy, you don mad finish. Na you by yourself con still dey make am official. Lol grin
Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by steve6: 1:08pm On Jan 05, 2018
Hmmm...
Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by Bollinger(m): 1:33pm On Jan 05, 2018
CorperShop:

My guy, which one be home mini again?

It's a mini google assistant in the form of a speaker that helps you with small tasks at home.
Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by bravesoul247(m): 1:48pm On Jan 05, 2018
Bollinger:

It's a mini google assistant in the form of a speaker that helps you with small tasks at home.
how much is it?
Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by faithogiga(m): 1:48pm On Jan 05, 2018
sorry i had to delete this comment, the links won't work anymore

1 Like

Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by Bollinger(m): 2:00pm On Jan 05, 2018
bravesoul247:
how much is it?

$29.00
Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 05, 2018
Until recently I never knew Google keeps track of my location.That isn't fair,they are invading our privacy
Re: 7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know by bravesoul247(m): 2:30pm On Jan 05, 2018
Bollinger:

$29.00
Thanks. You bought from Aliexpress ba?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Etisalat Bis Users - Before You Resubscribe, Read This / Hilarious Replies From Glo Subscribers On Facebook Fans Page(pics) / Who Has The Worst Customer Care MTN, Airtel, Glo, Etisalat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.