Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too (15336 Views)

My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? / Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? / Marlians Not Allowed In My House, Landlord Issues Warning To Tenants - More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by ebijimi7(m): 9:56pm On Jan 04, 2018
good day nairalanders happy new year to everyone iin the house
please i need an advice i am 24 year old i work i school and ihave some responsibility on me such as taking care of my mum becausee of her condition she doesnt work she is an elderly woman and i have a sister too who lost her husband and she has kids and she is being maltreated so we all stay together she is currently not working
my new year plan was to get a plot of land and start building but all this on a 60,000 naira salary please help me how can i save to build my own house i want to get married before 28 and i dont want a rented apartment even if its mortgage i dont mind thanks

11 Likes

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by marooh: 10:30pm On Jan 04, 2018
Question for u?

What type of house (4bed room etc)?
Did u have a land?

After answering those above questions...

Back to biz....

You have to start small small.

1. Buy trip of sand (N8000) and 5 cement(N20,000).

2. Call for block mould...(N10,000)

3. You help with water.

Total spend 38 to 40k...

Then use the 20k and buy food stuff in bulk..

Repeat the above mentioned for 5months then start planning for foundation...

Hope it helps

117 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by tociano009(m): 12:48am On Jan 05, 2018
whao love this

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by money121(m): 4:26am On Jan 05, 2018
All is well..

3 Likes

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by AreaFada2: 4:56am On Jan 05, 2018
You can. Just a matter of time, discipline & sacrifice.
Marooh already gave good tips.

My tip would be to save aggressively.

If you can put 30K aside every month for 6 months, begin with that.

It would be much easier if you can get a free family land to build on. Build small, no elaborate columns and designs. You can do those in the future.

But better if you can earn extra money on the side. Like just 20k extra a month.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by thesettingz(m): 7:13am On Jan 05, 2018
Am not an hypocrite i will surely tell you what u need to hear.......
Even if you are on a salary scale of 100k, it will still be difficult with all the responsibilities u mentioned u take of. Am a student and i still find it very difficult to depend on 20k salary, talkless of you, mother and sister on 30k,all in the name of saving. See what will be will be, in life we acquire certain things at a particular time, u don't have to starve ur mother and sister all in the name of building.
Assuming u saving 30k every months, that's 360k a year.
An average plot of land now is around 300-800k
U acquire the land for 300k, remain 60k bal, then u saved again for another year 360k added to the previous bal, that's 420k
Then u start foundation little by little. To achieve all this it might take u a period of 4-5yrs.
Do you now think it's feasible to depends on 30k salary during this period?

My best advice save 20k every month and invest in a business that will give you return every month, such returns can now be used to build. More also I expect you to build ur education first then pray and see how fast u would build in just 5months

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by KushyKush: 7:13am On Jan 05, 2018
marooh:
Question for u?

What type of house (4bed room etc)?
Did u have a land?

After answering those above questions...

Back to biz....

You have to start small small.

1. Buy trip of sand (N8000) and 5 cement(N20,000).

2. Call for block mould...(N10,000)

3. You help with water.

Total spend 38 to 40k...

Then use the 20k and buy food stuff in bulk..

Repeat the above mentioned for 5months then start planning for foundation...

Hope it helps

With this trash you typed here, it is very obvious you never built an hut before. What in the name of fück? You sound so ridiculous right now dude grin

Did you know how much solid concrete it takes to build a foundation (not even putting the landscape in consideration)

OP listen, I'll have to be real with you instead of giving you false motivations that will make you feel depressed when you can't meet up with your hopes when the year ends.

if you want to build a house, it is nothing you can do within a year based on 60k salary and that much responsibilities (breadwinner of the family)

Go invest in some business and double up your income then you can come back to talk about building a house smiley

PS: I am not discouraging you, just telling you the hard truth. If you want to build a house based on that income

46 Likes

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by maxwell767(m): 7:14am On Jan 05, 2018
Put ur money in a piggy bank

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by simplemach(m): 7:14am On Jan 05, 2018
Use bear-bear bank
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 05, 2018
ebijimi7:
please i need an advice i am 24 year old i work i school and ihave some responsibility on me such as taking care of my mum becausee of her condition she doesnt work she is an elderly woman and i have a sister too who lost her husband and she has kids and she is being maltreated so we all stay together she is currently not working
my new year plan was to get a plot of land and start building but all this on a 60,000 naira salary please help me how can i save to build my own house i want to get married before 28 and i dont want a rented apartment even if its mortgage i dont mind thanks

Stop dreaming n start being realistic.

You cannot save to build your house this year. Even in 4yrs time, it's an impossible mission except you're given a huge monetarily loan, you earn like 400k/month, or you indulge in acts like yahoo, yahoo+, yahoo÷, yahoo!, Yahoo×, yahoo√ etc

Thanks

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by shedy03(m): 7:17am On Jan 05, 2018
bro, u are strong. with all those responsibilities. u can achieve ur set dream/goal, God strengthen u.
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by Holycity(f): 7:17am On Jan 05, 2018
wait till your sister has a job, it already too much for you alone

haba

2 Likes

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by Holycity(f): 7:17am On Jan 05, 2018
wait till your sister has a job, it already too much for you alone

haba

2 Likes

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 05, 2018
Okay. smiley
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by kolafolabi(m): 7:19am On Jan 05, 2018
Draw your plan..Be determined and focused..

4 Likes

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by haywire1: 7:19am On Jan 05, 2018
U can't save to build house cos u cant have money nd starve urself,it's God that build house for people but start by buying a land first, I hope u get d logic..

ebijimi7:

Your profile says turn 4k into million, turn ur 60k into billion nah... undecided

What do u want us to believe, are u 24year old or u r married, ur lies r hunting u grin

22 Likes

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by Meajor(m): 7:19am On Jan 05, 2018
AreaFada2:
You can. Just a matter of time, discipline & sacrifice.
Marooh already gave good tips.

My tip would be to save aggressively.

If you can put 30K aside every month for 6 months, begin with that.

It would be much easier if you can get a free family land to build on. Build small, no elaborate columns and designs. You can do those in the future.

But better if you can earn extra money on the side. Like just 20k extra a month.

Guy Dis advice, you still never know if he has a land...
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by KingMicky3286: 7:19am On Jan 05, 2018
ebijimi7:

Sell your Papa house, use the money and build your own .. No stress....... Biko.
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by agarawu23(m): 7:20am On Jan 05, 2018
U cant .

with that responsibility on your neck? 60k is too small to feed your household, buy land and build a house. You can invest your money first and let it grow before planning to build.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by purem(m): 7:20am On Jan 05, 2018
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by michlins(m): 7:20am On Jan 05, 2018
My advice to you, use the money to start a business and change your condition first. Building on the salary will definitely ground you finally. Don't bound yourself

3 Likes

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by thorpido(m): 7:20am On Jan 05, 2018
You're not being realistic.
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by otokx(m): 7:20am On Jan 05, 2018
This is a strong one.
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by Pavore9: 7:21am On Jan 05, 2018
First work towards getting your sister engaged in something that would earn her income as that will reduce the financial burden on you.

4 Likes

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by HolyTitus(m): 7:22am On Jan 05, 2018
Go get a big kolo; but the most important thing to save more is cutting short some unnecessary spending on material things. E.g. Aso ebi, getting the latest brand of gadgets, cut philandering from your budget this year as well. Lastly, don't impress anyone to show how blessed that you're. Shalom.

1 Like

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by yanshDoctor: 7:22am On Jan 05, 2018
lol, 60k? except you plan to spend the whole 60k for the project, otherwise maybe in 50 years time you can build a flat.

let assume a room & parlor is 2,000,000 and land 1,000,000 all together 3,000,000 in a remote area.

now 3,000,000 ÷ 50,000 = 60.

that's automatically 60 months if everything should remain the same. we are not even talking of inflation. generally speaking i don't think its possible but only if you can live outside that salary maybe 5 years minimum. and that years will doubled or tripled if its 3 or more room flat.

i know you are inspired because of a thread that made front page late December last year.

and lastly you know its always easy on paper.

3 Likes

Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by adetes: 7:23am On Jan 05, 2018
Building house nt a joke base on price of building materials, ur income must high and spend less,
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by rheether(f): 7:24am On Jan 05, 2018
Piggy bank. Make it 6k everyday.
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by bezimo(m): 7:24am On Jan 05, 2018
You will have to do it gradually. Get the land first, then you can talk of building..
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 05, 2018
Interesting...

Dear Poster, the present economic realities may not favour such a plan with a meagre salary scale. The best option is to have an alternative source of income, however passive. You may consider setting aside as little as $200 for Crypto currency investment and watch it grow to something substantial in 15 months. From which you can buy a piece of land and start off the building.

https://www.luno.com/invite/P47FZ

Check out our threads for the best real estate deals with amazing offers.
Re: How Caan I Save This Year To Build My House Too by swiz123(m): 7:25am On Jan 05, 2018
It's not like I want to discourage you or something but i have to be realistic here. Since you are feeding and taking care of your mom and sister who is with children, saving to build a house would be really difficult.

Well you can save as much as you can but it would take a really long time to complete the building.

Perseverance is key here

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Buy Condemned Battery & Solar Battery for N60,000 / Amen Estate Phase 2 Is Located At Eleko Beach Road Off Lekki Epe Express Road. I / FASTEST ONE STOREY BUILDING CONSTRUCTION EVER BUILT IN 3 WEEKS & 5 DAYS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.