Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures (31148 Views)

Pictures of the Pan-Atlantic University in Lagos, Nigeria. / Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 / Otedola Donates N2 Billion To Catholic's Augustine University, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by dingbang(m): 12:13pm On Jan 05, 2018
Will do my masters there...

1 Like

Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by Prinzyy: 12:14pm On Jan 05, 2018
agbarisocket:
FLAT HEAD SHOULD BE DECLINED TO THAT PLACE IF NOT THEY SPOIL THE PLACE WITH THIER BAD LUCK,
the school is owned by flat head.

3 Likes

Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by Elxandre(m): 12:21pm On Jan 05, 2018
dingbang:
Will do my masters there...
You read my mind grin

1 Like

Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by Oduok(m): 12:35pm On Jan 05, 2018
This is the school that is currently handling Entrepreneurship Capacity Building for YouWIN 2017 participants. I'm a proud holder of their certificates in Marketing Manangement, Financial Management, Human Resources Management, General and Operations Management, Personal Productivity, and Business Plan. The school is good.

3 Likes

Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by sirBLUNT: 12:43pm On Jan 05, 2018
9jakohai:

Look at the fees.

Most Nigerians want the same facilities for public universities at 45000 and below...
and is that too much to ask in a sane country?

1 Like

Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 05, 2018
okay. smiley
Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by Febisola007: 12:52pm On Jan 05, 2018
Statsocial:

I don't believe it should be about being the first-Igbinedion uni doesn't have the financial capacity to run Medicine. If memory serves me right they've had accreditation issues in the past. Even Afe Babalola who dived into medicine had to borrow large sums of money from the AfDB to kick start the Teaching Hospital in Ekiti. So running Medicine is not for the fainthearted you have to have lots and lots of money to go into medicine.

I know how much it cost to replicate University of Wisconsin-Madison's Molecular Laboratory in Covenant University-Millions of Dollars! As per running Law or Medicine, the University is being very cautious. Covenant is on the verge of "officially" breaking into top 1000 universities on Times Higher and that is predicated on the intense work the University Departments have been doing since 2012. When Times collects all of CU's data for assessment later this year it would be between 2013-1017. If you add Law to CU right now-it most likely would weaken the University's position and rank. Most reputable rankings don't give any special advantage to Universities offering Medicine, Aeronautic engr, Nuclear Physics etc. They only measure you against what you currently offer. So the University is currently focused on making the Engineering completely World Class by Creating more Centre of Excellence. However i think there are now folks who have been sent to top notch foreign medical schools to take templates that the University can model after. Keeping with traditions of the Church CU would most likely have a running mega Teaching Hospital before a College of Medicine just like how Landmark Farms was instituted or began before Landmark University.
DangotePikin

Hey bro. please I'd love to discuss something confidential, can I get your mail bag address? or better still phone number?
Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by Jaydenphoenix: 12:56pm On Jan 05, 2018
It's not owned by them... funded by Opus Dei

Afam4eva:
This one is definitely on a whole new level.

I'm happy to learn that it's owned by Diamond and MTN's Pascal Edozie. The man wants to put hand in everthing.

3 Likes

Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by mapet: 12:57pm On Jan 05, 2018
Kendroid:
Building new structures has never been our problem in this country, Maintenance is!!! undecided

Maintenance has NEVER been LBS's problem

2 Likes

Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by mapet: 1:00pm On Jan 05, 2018
Prinzyy:

agbarisocket: :
FLAT HEAD SHOULD BE DECLINED TO THAT PLACE IF NOT THEY SPOIL THE PLACE WITH THIER BAD LUCK,
the school is owned by flat head.

Wrong. The school was founded and owned by African Leadership Foundation.........and not any flat head in your imagination

1 Like

Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 05, 2018
agbarisocket:

wat language were u struggling to speak pls?
so pathetic

1 Like

Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by Afam4eva(m): 1:00pm On Jan 05, 2018
Jaydenphoenix:
It's not owned by them... funded by Opus Dei

Who's them? I'm talking about Pascal Dozie.

1 Like

Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by Nelsizzy(m): 1:01pm On Jan 05, 2018
NaoSlay:
All thanks to president MUHAMMADU buhari for creating the enable space for private businesses to run without itch.
Who did this to you? It shall never be well with that person

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by misturib: 1:03pm On Jan 05, 2018
Read about them a long time ago, also I have dreams of running a doctorate programme with them in the coming years.
Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by Chukazu: 1:05pm On Jan 05, 2018
Is it pan Atlantic or pan African uni?
Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by noble0(m): 1:14pm On Jan 05, 2018
Afam4eva:

Who's them? I'm talking about Pascal Dozie.

The school is not owned by Pascal Dozie but by a corporate organisation who are mostly members of Opus Dei, a Catholic institution which is renowned for making billionaires in the name of Christ. Pascal Dozie is only the chancellor of the university and he is only a member of the Opus Dei. There are so many other renowned and rich institutes run by Opus Dei, both in Nigeria and overseas.

6 Likes

Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by blueivy8: 1:17pm On Jan 05, 2018
the best is Madonna university
Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by Rockyrascal(m): 1:22pm On Jan 05, 2018
9jakohai:

Look at the fees.

Most Nigerians want the same facilities for public universities at 45000 and below...
you are on point.
Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by Rockyrascal(m): 1:26pm On Jan 05, 2018
The infrastructures are of world class standard,only if our public universities can be of good statndard as this.
Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by Goke7: 1:39pm On Jan 05, 2018
mapet:

Maintenance has NEVER been LBS's problem

with their school fees, it should never be
Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by Febisola007: 1:44pm On Jan 05, 2018
Statsocial sorry for bothering you. I just sent you a mail message rn
Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by haftob(m): 1:52pm On Jan 05, 2018
Mirand606:
The tuition fee is 1.5 Million Naira and above.

The Competition for best Private University is going to be intense in a few years. Many extraordinary private universities are coming up in the Country with many useless ones also.
For me the Excellent private Universities still remain Covenant, AUN, Pan Atlantic, ABUAD, Baze, Babcock and Landmark and I believe the Dangote University would also be great.

The advantage secular private universities have over the religious ones is the absense of strict rules. However the Church owned private universities are cheaper in comparison. For instance PAU tuition for B.Sc Economics is twice the amount of Covenant.

Lalasticlala

PAU is also religious based. It's adopts the Catholic doctrine. I think the reason the school doesn't look like it is religious based is because it's not owned by a church

1 Like

Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by BluntBoy(m): 2:05pm On Jan 05, 2018
noble0:

The school is not owned by Pascal Dozie but by a corporate organisation who are mostly members of Opus Dei, a Catholic institution which is renowned for making billionaires in the name of Christ. Pascal Dozie is only the chancellor of the university and he is only a member of the Opus Dei. There are so many other renowned and rich institutes run by Opus Dei, both in Nigeria and overseas.

Bro, Opus Dei does not claim to make billionaires in the name of Christ. From where did you read that sef
Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by odaniel1(m): 2:19pm On Jan 05, 2018
The issue we should address as a nation i believe is COST of education..the average man struggles to afford the state-owned institutions talk less of these ivy-league ones
Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by granuloma: 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2018
Igbinedion university have been producing medical doctors since 2017, some of which are in UK, US and so fort, we have the capacity to train medical doctors as it has shown on our graduates in d past and those coming up. Every school has its own challenges and we are working on ours, thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by akigbemaru: 2:36pm On Jan 05, 2018
Statsocial:
I think very soon most Nigerians would stop going abroad for Undergraduate degrees. I am quite impressed with this PAU-it is a promising university. I also like the fact that they only offer 5 courses for now-many private universities should learn from this. It is not how many that matters but how qualitative the ones you are offering are. Too many times a Young private university with little financial backing would want to offer very costly programmes like Law, Medicine and Engr.

It would amaze that no Living Faith University runs Medicine at the moment in spite of their wealth-they are trying to be very careful of what they run so that the reputation of their schools isn't dragged down in an attempt to run some courses which they are not ready for-Even the Engineering they currently run have consumed several Billions.

What is Edwin Clarke Uni doing with Law or even Igbinedion doing with Medicine They should all wait till they have the capacity to run such courses before getting themselves and unsuspecting jambites into accreditation issues.
Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by Bifrost: 2:46pm On Jan 05, 2018
When I see this, I just wanna reincarnate and start over. e no go better for poverty. I will tear my Fed university certificate. It's a waste

1 Like

Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by noble0(m): 3:20pm On Jan 05, 2018
BluntBoy:

Bro, Opus Dei does not claim to make billionaires in the name of Christ. From where did you read that sef

It is true that the Opus Dei does not profess among its strict religious practices that they raise billionaires in the name of Christ, even its establishments does not bear overt religious identity. This is because of the society's special manner of operation- which has been regarded in some quarters as cult-like. It is also a popular knowledge that the society recruits the best of university students and train them in their various business schools (e.g Lagos Business School) scattered throughout the world.
Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by BluntBoy(m): 3:24pm On Jan 05, 2018
noble0:

It is true that the Opus Dei does not profess among its strict religious practices that they raise billionaires in the name of Christ, even its establishments does not bear overt religious identity. This is because of the society's special manner of operation- which has been regarded in some quarters as cult-like. It is also a popular knowledge that the society recruits the best of university students and train them in their various business schools (e.g Lagos Business School) scattered throughout the world.

That is true.

1 Like

Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by Salym(m): 3:43pm On Jan 05, 2018
A university with a touch of class. The first private university I have seen in Nigeria with a cool architecture. All others have mediocre designs.
Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by dabeto: 3:58pm On Jan 05, 2018
Chukazu:
Is it pan Atlantic or pan African uni?
[color=#006600][/color]
There was a name change in 2013 from pan Africa to pan Atlantic university
Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 05, 2018
sirBLUNT:
and is that too much to ask in a sane country?

Only at the expense of very high taxes....

Education is not cheap.

Yes...education is free in Denmark and Germany....where the average citizen pays half their salary/income in taxes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adaeze: UNIPORT Student Found Dead In Her Apartment / 11 Year Old Autistic Boy Gets Highest Possible IQ Score, Beating Albert Einstein / School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.