Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures (31150 Views)

Pictures of the Pan-Atlantic University in Lagos, Nigeria. / Pirate Confraternity Welcomed Nnamdi Azikwe To University Of Lagos In 1972 / Otedola Donates N2 Billion To Catholic's Augustine University, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by sirBLUNT: 4:43pm On Jan 05, 2018
9jakohai:

Only at the expense of very high taxes....

Education is not cheap.

Yes...education is free in Denmark and Germany....where the average citizen pays half their salary/income in taxes.
inasmuch as i agree with you on the taxes but we all know that in nigeria we dont even enjoy the benefit of paying tax at all...nigeria dont value education at all and it's a big shame
Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by Prinzyy: 4:54pm On Jan 05, 2018
mapet:

Wrong. The school was founded and owned by African Leadership Foundation.........and not any flat head in your imagination
shut you mouth, all the boards are igbos and foreigners hahahah skull miners no dey their board. Lagos is a no mans land.
Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by debolayinka(m): 5:04pm On Jan 05, 2018
NaoSlay:
All thanks to president MUHAMMADU buhari for creating the enable space for private businesses to run without itch.

Must you mention Buhari in everything?
...I refuse to be an intellectual slave.

2 Likes

Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by Jagaban99(m): 5:55pm On Jan 05, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Everything you want in Harvard university is here

Ahan calm down

Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by Chukazu: 6:03pm On Jan 05, 2018
dabeto:
[color=#006600][/color]
There was a name change in 2013 from pan Africa to pan Atlantic university

Ok .I see..
Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by SammieJayh(m): 10:45pm On Jan 05, 2018
NaoSlay:
All thanks to president MUHAMMADU buhari for creating the enable space for private businesses to run without itch.

Really?

Or were you just taking a shot at being sarcastic?
Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 05, 2018
The African University landscape is changing. The African Leadership University is one to watch out for too... Fred Swaniker. and there is one other in Ghana. Africa will be great!

1 Like

Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by mapet: 10:01am On Jan 06, 2018
Prinzyy:
shut you mouth, all the boards are igbos and foreigners hahahah skull miners no dey their board. Lagos is a no mans land.

It's humorous to have a semi-illiterate like you in a discussion regarding LBS
Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by Ubenedictus(m): 11:43am On Jan 06, 2018
noble0:

The school is not owned by Pascal Dozie but by a corporate organisation who are mostly members of Opus Dei, a Catholic institution which is renowned for making billionaires in the name of Christ. Pascal Dozie is only the chancellor of the university and he is only a member of the Opus Dei. There are so many other renowned and rich institutes run by Opus Dei, both in Nigeria and overseas.
who told you the opus dei is about making billionaires in the name of God
Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by mapet: 9:21pm On Jan 06, 2018
Goke7:

with their school fees, it should never be

By my guess, school fees probably accounts for 50% of LBS's uptake. If you also factor LBS's foundation and others that come from corporate support and executive
Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by frankobobby(m): 9:45pm On Jan 06, 2018
UNIZIK is better than this glorified secondary school
Re: Pan Atlantic University, Lagos In Pictures by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 14, 2018

I don't believe it should be about being the first-Igbinedion uni doesn't have the financial capacity to run Medicine. If memory serves me right they've had accreditation issues in the past. Even Afe Babalola who dived into medicine had to borrow large sums of money from the AfDB to kick start the Teaching Hospital in Ekiti. So running Medicine is not for the fainthearted you have to have lots and lots of money to go into medicine.

I know how much it cost to replicate University of Wisconsin-Madison's Molecular Laboratory in Covenant University-Millions of Dollars! As per running Law or Medicine, the University is being very cautious. Covenant is on the verge of "officially" breaking into top 1000 universities on Times Higher and that is predicated on the intense work the University Departments have been doing since 2012. When Times collects all of CU's data for assessment later this year it would be between 2013-1017. If you add Law to CU right now-it most likely would weaken the University's position and rank. Most reputable rankings don't give any special advantage to Universities offering Medicine, Aeronautic engr, Nuclear Physics etc. They only measure you against what you currently offer. So the University is currently focused on making the Engineering completely World Class by Creating more Centre of Excellence. However i think there are now folks who have been sent to top notch foreign medical schools to take templates that the University can model after. Keeping with traditions of the Church CU would most likely have a running mega Teaching Hospital before a College of Medicine just like how Landmark Farms was instituted or began before Landmark University.
DangotePikin

Whether yoy endorse them or not, they have and they keep producing medical doctors. They have produced upto 2,000 as at now. Godd thing is many of them dont wait to practice in Nigeria before leaving this useless country. I know some of them in the USA working. Ofcourse, after spending millions in uni, I dont expect them to join NMA and JOHESU rubbish. And accreditation is a continual thing, U can gain it this year and loose it the nezt time. UI and all those frst generation uni living in past glories do loose accreditation also

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

11 Year Old Autistic Boy Gets Highest Possible IQ Score, Beating Albert Einstein / Adaeze: UNIPORT Student Found Dead In Her Apartment / School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.