Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,174 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya (6070 Views)

Sudan: NAF Hercules C130 Departs To Evacuate stranded Nigerians From Egypt / Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama / Coronavirus: US To Evacuate Citizens From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by johnnyn1(m): 9:44am On Jan 05, 2018
A Federal Government Delegation has arrived Libya to commence mass evacuation of Nigerians stranded in the North African country home.

Mr Sani Datti, the Head of Media and Public Relations, National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) made this known in a statement on Thursday in Abuja.

Datti said the delegation was led by Mr Geoffrey Onyema, Nigeria’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, accompanied by the Director-General of NEMA, Engr Mustapha Maihaja and other heads of relevant agencies.

Datti said that the delegation arrived Tripoli, on Wednesday ahead of the actual evacuation operation expected to commence on Friday to transport stranded Nigerians with two indigenous carriers engaged for the exercises.

“A total of 5, 037 stranded citizens have been identified for evacuation home.

“The Nigerian mission in Libya is coordinating the identification of the Nigerian migrants with the support of the International Organisation for Migration.

“They are being joined by a technical team for the evacuation exercise comprising representatives of all relevant agencies.

“A reception centre has been established in Port Harcourt where the returnees on their arrival would be formally received and profiled before being transported to their various states,” Datti said.

He said that the evacuation exercises was being led by the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs and coordinated by the National Emergency Management Agency with the involvement of all the relevant agencies.

Datti said that among the delegation are; Hajiya Sadiya Farouq, the Federal Commissioner, National Commission for Refugees, Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons, Mrs Julie Okah-Donli, the Director-General, National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking.

Others are, Mrs Abike Dabiri-Erewa, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora, Comptroller-General, Nigerian Immigration Service, Mr Muhammadu Babandede, and representatives of other security agencies.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the evacuation exercise was in line with the directives of President Muhammadu Buhari to evacuate all Nigerian nationals stranded in Libya and other countries.

https://www.360nobs.com/2018/01/fg-embarks-mass-evacuation-5037-stranded-nigerians-libya/

1 Share

Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by HungerBAD: 9:46am On Jan 05, 2018
This is good news.

Like I said earlier, Nigeria is gradually getting herself together and I am impressed.

A big salute to the Government of President Buhari,the Minister of Foreign affairs and NEMA.

Now let's bring our Citizens home.

I know the always nagging children of Goodluck Jonathan, must still see something to complain about this laudable act.

Them carry complain swear for una?

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by johnnyn1(m): 9:51am On Jan 05, 2018
cc:
lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by jerrybakermillz(m): 1:05pm On Jan 05, 2018
Hmmm....so because I won go Europe,I go come say na Libya I must pass through

I better start my sojourn with air flight

Wetin won carry me go Libya of all places...Libyans wey kill their vision leader talk less of you Blackman na him dem no go take do dead game sport

1 Like

Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by tesppidd: 1:05pm On Jan 05, 2018
Too bad.

I wonder how people just think they can get to Libya and cross to europe just like that.

That's getting into harm's way.

1 Like

Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by NaoSlay: 1:05pm On Jan 05, 2018
God bless president MUHAMMADU buhari for this. On a second thought, I think they should be abandoned for they, most of them knew what they were going to face there yet still took the risk and am sure people would have warned them.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by simplemach(m): 1:05pm On Jan 05, 2018
They will go, pack them, come and dump them here to join the rest of the over 180M Nigerians in the suffering. Nobody will escape and leave us to suffer it alone
Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by Iyajelili(f): 1:07pm On Jan 05, 2018
My thoughts are with them and wishing them well. Our government should please create an enabling environment for its citizens, at least i know that Nigerians are naturally strong-willed, industrious and hardworking people.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by chinawapz(m): 1:07pm On Jan 05, 2018
Those that are here in Nigeria dey suffer
Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by Richnero(m): 1:07pm On Jan 05, 2018
A very welcome development.

1 Like

Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by franklin18: 1:08pm On Jan 05, 2018
the hassle of life. take it which ever way you see it

I WOULD HAVE LEFT THEM TO THEIR FATE
Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by chinawapz(m): 1:08pm On Jan 05, 2018
HungerBAD:
This is good news.

Like I said earlier, Nigeria is gradually getting herself together and I am impressed.

A big salute to the Government of President Buhari,the Minister of Foreign affairs and NEMA.

I know the always nagging children of Goodluck Jonathan, must still see something to complain about this laudable act.

God go forgive you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by Abbeyme: 1:10pm On Jan 05, 2018
Abike Dabiri on point
Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 05, 2018
I hope there's something on ground for them to engage in? Cos reintroducing them into d society without means of livelihood will spike d rate in crime.
Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by Itulah(m): 1:11pm On Jan 05, 2018
HungerBAD:
This is good news.

And to you, this is an achievement. You need spiritual cleansing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by Olukat(m): 1:11pm On Jan 05, 2018
Welcome to where you were running from kiss
From fire to frying pan and to fire
Just stay away from herdsmen to extend your hope grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 05, 2018
Okay. smiley
Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by Jaykolo10(m): 1:12pm On Jan 05, 2018
HungerBAD:
This is good news.

Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by ifeoluwa122: 1:12pm On Jan 05, 2018
cool
Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by olaolulazio(m): 1:12pm On Jan 05, 2018
Since when?
Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by imstrong1: 1:13pm On Jan 05, 2018
Good to know that the govt have started taking responsibility and making them to have a sense of belonging.. I hope it will serve as a lesson for those seeking greener pastures by all means
Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by nnachukz(m): 1:13pm On Jan 05, 2018
Bring all of them back here. So somebody had the mind to escape this suffering here?
Such must not be allowed to happen again, we are in this mess together.
Everyone must remain here especially if you are among those that voted in this Lost Soul.
Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by Jaykolo10(m): 1:13pm On Jan 05, 2018
HungerBAD:
This is good news.

Bros make dem do am first be4 anything like salutations
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by XingXhang(m): 1:14pm On Jan 05, 2018
That's their JOB; NOT Men of God.

Men of God are called by God.
Politicians are called by the people.

When the people take their sight away from whom they called to whom God called; they are only looking for trouble.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by doyouknowjohnny: 1:16pm On Jan 05, 2018
Good move but In the future we shouldn't wait for media outcry and backlash before we act to issues of national interest..
Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by wiringdpt(m): 1:16pm On Jan 05, 2018
Whats your solution?
simplemach:
They will go, pack them, come and dump them here to join the rest of the over 180M Nigerians in the suffering. Nobody will escape and leave us to suffer it alone
Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by AnodaIT(m): 1:16pm On Jan 05, 2018
And you think they will be happy coming back to this shîthole
Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by bareal(m): 1:21pm On Jan 05, 2018
HungerBAD:
This is good news.

Yes oh, return them home. We started it together and we must finish it together. Where una even think sey una wan run go before? grin
Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by idu1(m): 1:21pm On Jan 05, 2018
Just evacuate them and stop talking undecided
Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by simplemach(m): 1:22pm On Jan 05, 2018
wiringdpt:
Whats your solution?
APC knows it all, ask uncle LAI mohd
Re: FG To Evacuate 5037 Stranded Nigerians In Libya by otokx(m): 1:22pm On Jan 05, 2018
After some months, more Nigerians will still find their way to Libya. They should do something about the exit points in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Suggest Low Tuition University In Europe/courses / Voluntary Jobs In Uk/canada For Graduate & Undergraduates / Lagos To Minna By Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.