Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Adejumoke Famade: The Female Tech Head Who Repairs Computers - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Adejumoke Famade: The Female Tech Head Who Repairs Computers (864 Views)

BIOS Password Zinox INEC Computers / Bethman Computers: Number 1 HP Partners In Abuja / Laptop Computers Are Now Relatively Cheap, Get One For Yourself, Friend; Family! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Adejumoke Famade: The Female Tech Head Who Repairs Computers by Jidefido(m): 1:07pm On Jan 05, 2018
According to Harriet Tubman, "Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world," and this is apt in the life of Miss Adejumoke Famade whose entrance into the tech world was divinely orchestrated.
Her sojourn into IT world came to life when she failed her JAMB to study Medicine. She was devastated but with the guidance of her mother, she saw an opportunity in her supposed failure.
According to her “I initially wanted to go for medicine but thank God I failed JAMB! I had 171 and had to stay at home. Although Babcock picked me for Social Works, my mom disapproved of it. Then she later enrolled me at a computer school (NIIT). It was there I found out that computer science was actually a cool course and when I wrote JAMB again, I picked Computer Science and I passed the cut-off.”
But what led her to love computer so much. According to her “It started during my IT. I went there as a computer software student but my supervisors there were mostly for infrastructure so they influenced me to do infrastructure.”
As fate would have it, the program was meant for three months but it extended into four months. In her words, she said “I started with infrastructure and before I knew it, I was going four months into it. From the first month in infrastructure, I was already dismantling and assembling systems in less than thirty minutes.”
Her ability to do the extra ordinary didn’t go unnoticed as she started fixing systems for even the Human Resource Director (HRD). When the program was ending, she was well appreciated as the office bought her tools because they knew that that was what she loved.
But life is not without its challenges especially for a lady in a male dominated industry. According to her “the other challenge I face is when a client wants to fix a system and I am at work (this is not the only work I do).”
“Then there are people who message you at odd hours to make enquiries. Another challenge is that many of my clients are also from South Africa and other states in the country. And then there are also people who want you to repair their laptops at a ridiculously low price, she said.
She further stated that she is often tested by people to see if she can actually repair computers and she always prove them wrong. Always!
However, she feels the female folk don’t help matters a lot. In her words she said “some women look down on me. Sometimes women don’t like when women progress. There was a time a woman called me incompetent because I was female.”
Due to her resilience and believe in God, she knows she must have enemies and has the Bible has her weapon. She believes one must manage his or her emotions so no one brings you down as she dreams of becoming the richest woman in the IT world in the nearest future.

Seun
lalasticalla
mynd44
Abeg front page

Follow her on twitter @famshizzle

Re: Adejumoke Famade: The Female Tech Head Who Repairs Computers by udemzyudex(m): 1:12pm On Jan 05, 2018
Cool, I like seeing female engineers.

(1) (Reply)

Clean Direct Uk Used Pink Sony Vaio Laptop For 33k / PCI Card / Clean HP Laptop For Sale (front Camera,strong Battery & Charger) N45,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.