Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? (17262 Views)

I Don’t Talk With My Neighbors. What To Do / Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce / Naturally Determining The Sex Of Your Babies - By Francis Ewherido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by sirBLUNT: 9:28pm On Jan 05, 2018
mhisbliss:
10/11 lol
wow am still laughing....i can imagine the laughter afterward but did your parent talk to you about sex education after you said that?
Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by mhisbliss(f): 9:33pm On Jan 05, 2018
delishpot:

No, they just take it like biology. Although they once were wanting new siblings and said in our presence mom, dad...when will you guys get sex and give us brothers and sisters? sometimes they look at new babies and ask if those were also as a result of mom and dad getting sex? yes, they processed the info openly but nothing extra. They just were curious. If you mention sex they will just laugh because the process is funny to them. They still wonder how dad gets his peepee inside the moms vagina tho. I told them it is lesson for another day. if they ask again tho, I will tell.
Although I never discouraged them from talking about their bodies, the major eye opener for me was when my son came home saying he now knows how babies are made. I said oh yeah.... who taught you? he said a friend showed him from a book at school. Fortunately it was a book about conception and pregnancy. showing the sperm and egg meeting and what happens till full term. I thought it was a matter of time before he might see a video. make we teach them before world people teach them anyhow for us.
oh my God I'm just laughing out loud here, when I was younger I see the word sex as a call for cruxification and the kids who mention it are super spoiled, wao you're really trying, I can't deal with that, I'd have to do it in a subtle way though
Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by mhisbliss(f): 9:36pm On Jan 05, 2018
sirBLUNT:
wow am still laughing....i can imagine the laughter afterward but did your parent talk to you about sex education after you said that?
no they threatened to buy an ugly tiny baby we saw, it cries a lot, I was terrified and begged them to keep my quiet, big, fair and hairy sister, lol I wallowed in ignorance but mum later gave me a light version of the sex talk when I started seeing aunt flo
Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by delishpot: 9:36pm On Jan 05, 2018
mhisbliss:
oh my God I'm just laughing out loud here, when I was younger I see the word sex as a call for cruxification and the kids who mention it are super spoiled, wao you're really trying, I can't deal with that, I'd have to do it in a subtle way though

Do it as it is comfortable for all of you. My kids are just used to asking and we tell them the truth but in a way that their brain can get at that stage. Take your time and make them feel comfortable in their skin. problem starts when the child thinks what he is saying or asking is a taboo.
Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by mhisbliss(f): 9:39pm On Jan 05, 2018
delishpot:

Do it as it is comfortable for all of you. My kids are just used to asking and we tell them the truth but in a way that their brain can get at that stage. Take your time and make them feel comfortable in their skin. problem starts when the child thinks what he is saying or asking is a taboo.
I can deduce from your write up that your kids are intelligent and matured as well, that's all I hope for, some stupid kids would make a career out of it just to make you regret
Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by delishpot: 9:46pm On Jan 05, 2018
mhisbliss:
I can deduce from your write up that your kids are intelligent and matured as well, that's all I hope for, some stupid kids would make a career out of it just to make you regret

hahaha, well they are smart and like to discuss about everything. Depends on when the talk starts and if you make it a hush hush affair plus the environment. They may be prone to abuse when they mention what they know to other kids or neighbors who may take it like they are spoilt. So parents need to watch who they leave their kids with and also correct other over sabi adults that may judge the child negatively. If kids are made to believe that nature handles things from design to function, they will not take it like a big deal. The earlier the better according to the child's wisdom.
Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by sirBLUNT: 9:46pm On Jan 05, 2018
mhisbliss:
no they threatened to buy an ugly tiny baby we saw, it cries a lot, I was terrified and begged them to keep my quiet, big, fair and hairy sister, lol I wallowed in ignorance but mum later gave me a light version of the sex talk when I started seeing aunt flo
perhaps if you were not a girl and the flo you will not have been thought that much..delishpot is so onpoint i want to be a dad like him i think you should take a que from him too before your daughter ask you when are they going to buy the pretty baby too lol

2 Likes

Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by mhisbliss(f): 9:52pm On Jan 05, 2018
sirBLUNT:
perhaps if you were not a girl and the flo you will not have been thought that much..delishpot is so onpoint i want to be a dad like him i think you should take a que from him too before your daughter ask you when are they going to buy the pretty baby too lol
lol if flo hadn't showed up I wouldn't have gotten it, and that thought me a lot, that we can't be like westeners for one, but delishspot has taught me we can have it without doing any damage grin

1 Like

Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by mhisbliss(f): 9:55pm On Jan 05, 2018
delishpot:

hahaha, well they are smart and like to discuss about everything. Depends on when the talk starts and if you make it a hush hush affair plus the environment. They may be prone to abuse when they mention what they know to other kids or neighbors who may take it like they are spoilt. So parents need to watch who they leave their kids with and also correct other over sabi adults that may judge the child negatively. If kids are made to believe that nature handles things from design to function, they will not take it like a big deal. The earlier the better according to the child's wisdom.
the school they attend also plays a major role, they might innocently mention it to the hearing of a highly religious teacher and get the beating of their lives not knowing its ya fault cheesy
Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by delishpot: 10:03pm On Jan 05, 2018
mhisbliss:
the school they attend also plays a major role, they might innocently mention it to the hearing of a highly religious teacher and get the beating of their lives not knowing its ya fault cheesy

No ooo, we tell them some people feel those parts are not to be mentioned outside the home but we believe they are smart and need to know. They know that people are judgmental towards those things. They don't attend school where a teacher can just beat them. Me I go flog that teacher too no be lie grin grin grin funny enough they never said anything to non family members. in short I think they discuss such only with us and their grand ma they have NEVER gone to anyone else to discuss issues about the body.

In my opinion start as soon as they ask and also make them know that not everyone appreciates talking about such things so anytime they need to talk, they wait till dad and mom are available. Also tailor the lesson according to the child's mental capacity and environment.

1 Like

Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by mhisbliss(f): 10:11pm On Jan 05, 2018
delishpot:

No ooo, we tell them some people feel those parts are not to be mentioned outside the home but we believe they are smart and need to know. They know that people are judgmental towards those things. They don't attend school where a teacher can just beat them. Me I go flog that teacher too no be lie grin grin grin funny enough they never said anything to non family members. in short I think they discuss such only with us and their grand ma they have NEVER gone to anyone else to discuss issues about the body.

In my opinion start as soon as they ask and also make them know that not everyone appreciates talking about such things so anytime they need to talk, they wait till dad and mom are available. Also tailor the lesson according to the child's mental capacity and environment.
lol parenting aint easy
Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by sirBLUNT: 10:11pm On Jan 05, 2018
mhisbliss:
lol if flo hadn't showed up I wouldn't have gotten it, and that thought me a lot, that we can't be like westeners for one, but delishspot has taught me we can have it without doing any damage grin
someone is now on the right track congratulations...and thanks delishpot for sharing your wisdom...to marry now don dey hungry me oo

1 Like

Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by mhisbliss(f): 10:14pm On Jan 05, 2018
sirBLUNT:
someone is now on the right track congratulations...and thanks delishpot for sharing your wisdom...to marry now don dey hungry me oo
lmao calm down marriage itself is a problem on its own
Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by sirBLUNT: 10:23pm On Jan 05, 2018
mhisbliss:
lmao calm down marriage itself is a problem on its own
dont mind me oo i fear marriage morethan dead itself..
Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 05, 2018
okay. smiley
Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by Coldfeets: 10:42pm On Jan 05, 2018
NO.
Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by marwanafrica: 10:46pm On Jan 05, 2018
mhisbliss:
looking them in the eye and telling them how to have safe sex and avoid pregnancy and do funny stuff is so unafrican and uncomfortable, jeez
In your own westernice mind abi?
mind you I love islamic respond to this topic at hand. Islam said flee away from pre marital sex, and Am so cool with this respond.
nothing like safe sex, or how to avoid pregnancy
Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by Mrkumareze(m): 10:54pm On Jan 05, 2018
The only sex education I had was from my mom the day she caught me red handed trying to enjoy my bae. Na better beating I get that day
Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by gudvibz(f): 10:54pm On Jan 05, 2018
I didn't get any from my parents all my I got was "any man touches you or you stay alone with any man you'll get pregnant then you're out" that did it for me

But yeah . I'm going to sit my kids down and tell them, teach them all they need to know in stages.
Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by coputa(m): 11:01pm On Jan 05, 2018
A young boy asked his teacher at school
BOY ; Teacher,does honey have legs
TEACHER: No,why do you ask.
BOY;I heard my dad in the bedroom saying"honey open your leg".
Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by nobleshakey(f): 11:03pm On Jan 05, 2018
mhisbliss:
very innocent, I can't forget the day I had to go and see my newborn kid sis in the hospital, dad took me and when I came and saw many newborns crying I was more than convinced they were on sale, coming to meet mum she showed me a very fair and hairy baby and I was like wao, you choosed the prettiest, see laughter everywhere
lolz

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by Yoshy: 11:16pm On Jan 05, 2018
mhisbliss:
shocked oh my God you guys are rare kind of parents, like you aint nigerian, I'd faint before I say it to an innocent kid lol, until I was 12 I used to believe babies were bought from the hospital
. Lols hospital? Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by Ayodejioak(m): 11:19pm On Jan 05, 2018
cheesy
Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by thickminaj(f): 11:23pm On Jan 05, 2018
smiley I'll try to do that it won't be easy but I'll jst hv to and I'll be honest no lies lyk "if a boy touch you you'll be pregnant" undecided..

1 Like

Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by mhisbliss(f): 11:26pm On Jan 05, 2018
Yoshy:
. Lols hospital? Hahahaha
lol I'm telling you grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by mhisbliss(f): 11:28pm On Jan 05, 2018
marwanafrica:

In your own westernice mind abi?
mind you I love islamic respond to this topic at hand. Islam said flee away from pre marital sex, and Am so cool with this respond.
nothing like safe sex, or how to avoid pregnancy
not muslim never will be, bye
Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by mhisbliss(f): 11:29pm On Jan 05, 2018
sirBLUNT:
dont mind me oo i fear marriage morethan dead itself..
lol same here
Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 05, 2018
this is the one most important and Scarry talk a parent could ever give to a kid ...

its so Scarry most parents use religion or society to cover it up abandoning this kids to their own fate at an age when a simple talk could lead them to doing the right thing.

The goal of Real sex education is NOT ABOUT PREVENTION BUT RATHER PROTECTION. whatever measures you will be taking ,whatever long speech you intend to give to them make sure its not about preventing the child from......because it so happens its in our DNA to defile rules or laws ...parents have to start taking sex education serious

1 Like

Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by daveP(m): 11:34pm On Jan 05, 2018
Twale to african parents!!

Ope was taught and so his parents were comfy when his female friends started visiting frequently, though they gave him 'the talk' on pregnancy.

His girl, younger than him told him to man up and get laid. A friend arranged for these sweet 16s, and they had sex... OPE is very cautious now, but getting laid is now like drugs. Good with words that rarely is he turned down. I no fit talk to am again cos he no go hear unlike when i was like 'big bro' to him. To make it worse, he now schools in ghana. I have him in my prayers sha. 22yrs and now a 'legend' grin
Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by ilomacbell(m): 11:36pm On Jan 05, 2018
It isn't that easy as you thought, I never experienced it in my life, but I've promise myself that am going to discuss everything I experience before my kids when start breeding them.
Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by MadCow1: 11:37pm On Jan 05, 2018
BiafraBushBoy:
Nooo...

Jeez... Like how will I start? No sex talks till any of them gets to13.

Then I can start introducing some lil tips and ***** to them.

Start slowly from when they are kids. There are a ton of Peados out in these streets hunting for kids. At least let your kids know that no one is to touch or handle their privates and teach them to report anyone who does. Then when they get a little older you keep adding to what you have taught them. It not only makes them aware but also makes it easier for you.
Re: Would You Be Comfortable Having The Sex Talk With Your Kids? by YelloweWest: 11:49pm On Jan 05, 2018
BiafraBushBoy:
Nooo...

Jeez... Like how will I start? No sex talks till any of them gets to13.

Then I can start introducing some lil tips and ***** to them.
You'll be too late.
If u don't teach ur kids about sex the world will

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Whyme222's Wife's Response....nairalanders Be The Judge / How Do You Control A Rebellious Teenager? / Please Help My Brother Is Missing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.