Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers (13309 Views)

Lockdown: Governor Wike To Distribute Foodstuffs (Photos) / How El-Zakzaky Was Expelled From ABU, Zaria In 1979 For Violence - The Cable / Mansur Dan Ali Blames 'Traditional Leaders' For Violence In North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by afroniger: 5:39am On Jan 06, 2018
BY CLETUS UKPONGJAN 05, 2018

Rivers governor, Nyesom Wike, has blamed the international oil companies for the increase in cult activities in the oil-rich state.

Mr. Wike, who was reacting to the gruesome killing of 17 people in the state on the New Year Day by unknown gunmen, said oil companies in the state were awarding surveillance contracts to cultists who in turn use the money to buy sophisticated weapons to terrorize the communities.

The governor spoke on Friday when he received the visiting Minister of Interior, Abdulrahman Danbazzau, at the Government House, Port Harcourt.

Mr. Danbazzau said he was directed by President Muhammadu Buhari to visit the state and assess its security situation because of the killing.

A Government House statement quoted the governor as telling the minister that the security agencies in the state knew the cult kingpins terrorizing various communities in the state.

“The security agencies have the profiles of all cult kingpins in different parts of the state and they know their locations."

“There is no wisdom in the politicization of security. Insecurity can affect anybody. You can never know the next victim of insecurity,” Mr. Wike said, adding that the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has failed to heed several requests made by the Rivers government for the deployment of special squads to tackle cultism and kidnapping in the state.

“The peculiar nature of Rivers State requires peculiar intervention,” the governor said. “Before now, I have been shouting that we need support to fight crime.”

The governor attacked politicians whom he said were using the killings to play politics and make false allegations against the state.

The Director-General, Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, NIMASA, Dakuku Peterside, who is an indigene of the state, said that cultism and cult-related killing thrived in the state because of the backing from powerful politicians.

Mr. Peterside also blamed Governor Wike whom he said lacked the capacity to tackle the security challenges in the state.

“I have said it time and again that Governor Wike lacks the capacity and competence to guarantee the safety and security of Rivers people."

“It is unfortunate that over 1,000 persons have been killed in questionable circumstances in the last two years under his watch. He should stop playing politics with the lives of Rivers people and face governance,” Mr. Peterside said.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/01/05/gov-wike-blames-oil-companies-violence-rivers

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by Aonkuuse(m): 5:43am On Jan 06, 2018
leave oil companies, rivers is full of thugs, you and Ameachi are no exception

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by afroniger: 5:48am On Jan 06, 2018
So now it's no longer politicians that armed these cultists and created these monsters, but oil companies? This blame game won't solve anything. What Rivers state people need is security, not excuses. Governor Wike should get to work and protect his people. At this rate, those oil company workers themselves may soon start to fall victim to the violence if ordinary citizens can't be assured of protection and security. Enough of the blame game.

39 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by Nogodye(m): 5:55am On Jan 06, 2018
So Oil companies gave them contract so as to use their profit to buy amunitions? Wike is sick!

31 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by hypertension(m): 5:59am On Jan 06, 2018
Nogodye:
So Oil companies gave them contract so as to use their profit to buy amunitions? Wike is sick!

Hate Wike all you want, 2019 i will vote for him again

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by amozo: 6:17am On Jan 06, 2018
Vote again until it is your turn to die.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by Pavore9: 6:23am On Jan 06, 2018
If those oil companies had given out the surveillance contracts to non indigenes of the State, they will still be blamed for sidelining their youths!

Failed parenting and morally toxic environment are the root causes, they breed those cultists.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by Nogodye(m): 6:31am On Jan 06, 2018
hypertension:

Your headache

49 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by BruzMoney(m): 10:49am On Jan 06, 2018
They are using lives to play the game of politics.
Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by Malonie242(f): 10:49am On Jan 06, 2018
But really the police and security agents should do more in that state. It shouldn't be too hard to round off the perpetrators of these crimes, unless as Wike has said they're being funded by topshots in the state. Oh well, it is well with Nigeria, the killings is becoming too much. May God continue to protect us an ours!
Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by BruncleZuma: 10:49am On Jan 06, 2018
Wike nah today you know...there's no difference between your types and them.

7 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by dreamworld: 10:50am On Jan 06, 2018
Blame game

4 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by QuinSecrets(f): 10:51am On Jan 06, 2018
Although I didn't read the whole post but the topic, but my question is why did the girl follow the boss to the hotel?

What was she thinking?

Nothing will happen?Now, she was raped after refusing the boss. We can't blame the boss either but the lady. Use your sense in 2018!smiley

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by Edu3Again: 10:51am On Jan 06, 2018
Wike we all know that violence is a Fulani character.

Be strong for your state.

As you know Rivers is the capital of Biafra, so we Are all supporting you as you resist these Fulani murderers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D_PXnzigpM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by NaoSlay: 10:53am On Jan 06, 2018

So it's not more SARS again, it's now oil companies?

Lmao, WIKE stop all these blame game.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by frankmoney(m): 10:54am On Jan 06, 2018
Lol it's no longer amaechi now oil companies ? This wike is a joker

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:57am On Jan 06, 2018
The people to blame in this violence are the oil companies, federal govt and the Rivers politicians.

Reminds me of when foreign oil company set fire on people to discourage them from pipeline burst.

Reminds me of when Wike addressed the crowd with a cutlass.

Reminds me of Amaechi occultic acts and his subsequent hypocrisy with pretence in Church.

Reminds me of how Buhari did everything to capture Rivers in governorship election.

Reminds of the fact that Jesus will surely come to judge the living and the dead.

Reminds me of the fact that every single evil must be repayed when Jesus comes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by miceroms: 11:01am On Jan 06, 2018
The question is, Wike, are you a cultist?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 06, 2018
smiley
Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by dieBYfire: 11:07am On Jan 06, 2018
hypertension:

Me too. Wike till 2023
Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by dieBYfire: 11:08am On Jan 06, 2018
Nogodye:

Your headache
E pain u small... Just small �
Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by 6pax: 11:12am On Jan 06, 2018

Wike look in the mirror and you will see the real cause of Rivers violence embarassed

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by uba1991: 11:16am On Jan 06, 2018
If it's abt Benue and Fulani dos pigs wud av devour dis tread,but they don't want to discuss about d security of d place they considered biafla capital because they know who armed d terrorist. Wat a shameless piggies

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by Felixtuta(m): 11:17am On Jan 06, 2018
afroniger:

http://saharareporters.com/2018/01/05/gov-wike-blames-oil-companies-violence-rivers

Just listen to that; soon he will send military squads to that area, may be this time python smile.

And yet he is very quite to his brothers hartless killings of innocent farmers nation wide.

#stopbenuekilling

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by PFRB: 11:19am On Jan 06, 2018
Nogodye:

I have been n Rivers state since 1984. I have worked and lived in all the areas of oil production in Rivers and Bayelsa. What Wike says is the plain truth. I was in Brass in 1997 when the Brass Vs Okpoma war was sparked of by the double dealing of Agip oil company. In Izombe, Ashland oil company used directional drilling to tap oil from another community because of dispute in community settlements. When the other community discovered it trouble broke out. You may recall that during the Ogoni investigations, it was seen that SPDC(SHELL) officially procured arms.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by senatordave1(m): 11:19am On Jan 06, 2018
Chai,nigeria is finished.this clearly shows that wike is responsible for all the killings in rivers.tomorrow,he will blame traders or inec or civil servants and two buffons up there are still supporting him.down wike.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by naijapips04: 11:21am On Jan 06, 2018
This dude is a joke. It's no longer amaechi it's oil companies.

If there's anything rivers people agree on unanimously, is that amaechi was the best governor they've had in a long time. The massive infrastructure he built in rivers state still stand till today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by Kog45(m): 11:21am On Jan 06, 2018
Aonkuuse:
leave oil companies, rivers is full of thugs, you and Ameachi are no exception
Pls is Ameachi the state governor,Wike and FG should just put stop to all these incessant killings,thank God he didn't blame security agencies this time around and politicise the whole things.
Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by senatordave1(m): 11:21am On Jan 06, 2018
PFRB:

I have been n Rivers state since 1984. I have worked and lived in all the areas of oil production in Rivers and Bayelsa. What Wike says is the plain truth. I was in Brass in 1997 when the Brass Vs Okpoma war was sparked of by the double dealing of Agip oil company. You may recall that during the Ogoni investigations, it was seen that SPDC(SHELL) officially procured arms.
So wike is not the cause abi? How would oil firms thrive in a violence filled area oga? The niget delta is responsible for its problems.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 06, 2018
Ok
Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 06, 2018
PFRB:

I have been n Rivers state since 1984. I have worked and lived in all the areas of oil production in Rivers and Bayelsa. What Wike says is the plain truth. I was in Brass in 1997 when the Brass Vs Okpoma war was sparked of by the double dealing of Agip oil company. In Izombe, Ashland oil company used directional drilling to tap oil from another community because of dispute in community settlements. When the other community discovered it trouble broke out. You may recall that during the Ogoni investigations, it was seen that SPDC(SHELL) officially procured arms.

Will you keep quiet!
Dan burauba sege!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Blames Oil Companies For Violence In Rivers by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 06, 2018
hypertension:

Who cares
Will your vote even matter?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG To Launch Solar-powered Vehicles – Amaechi / FG Commissions Nigeria's First Sugar Research Institute In Kwara / Buhari Departs Paris, Joins Leaders In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.