Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,481 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud (794 Views)

Samano SA DE CV Accuses NNPC Officials, Others Of Oil Theft / Ghost Companies Lift N1.1tr Crude Oil / Petroleum Minister Kachikwu Writes Buhari; Accuses NNPC GMD Baru Of Illegalities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud by agwom(m): 5:46am On Jan 06, 2018
The joint committee of the National Assembly on Petroleum (Downstream) has accused the NNPC and petroleum marketers of defrauding the country of N1.1tr in the importation of petrol.

Chairman of the Senate committee on Petroleum, Senator Kabir Marafa (APC, Zamfara) who chairs the session said the question was not about subsidy but that there is massive fraud in the sector.

“When we asked them (NNPC), they told us, that they are importing 30 cargoes of 37,000MT per month through the DSDP contract. If you compute it at 1341 per MT by 37,000, you will have 1.488b monthly.

READ FULL REPORT HERE

“Assuming we consume 40m litres per day, we will have seven days left in each month and if you multiply it by 12 you will have supply of 84 days left,” he said.

For the marketers, he said, according to a document obtained from the CBN they got $3.3b dollars at subsidised rate of N305 exchange rate.

“The amount should serve us for 189 days at 40m litres per day. In 2017, they are supposed to import 4.2b litres which are equivalent supply of 107 days at 40m litres per day.

“If you take 107 days of the marketers and the excess of 84 days of NNPC that will give you supply of 191 days at 40m litres per day. In all, we had excess of 7.6b litres which is for 191 days. The cost of it at N141 per litre is about N1.1tr. Who is fooling who? Who is deceiving who? The issue is not about subsidy, there is massive fraud in the sector,” he said in a phone interview on the outcome of the session.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/n-assembly-accuses-nnpc-marketers-of-n1-1tr-fraud.html

Re: N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud by biacan(f): 5:47am On Jan 06, 2018
How comes no one is accusing that petroleum minister that claims to be the president he's the grandfather of corruption let start from there

3 Likes

Re: N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud by smulti(m): 5:50am On Jan 06, 2018
Somebody will say "We are fighting kwaraption"

buhari is an animal

1 Like

Re: N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud by Nogodye(m): 5:52am On Jan 06, 2018
Despite the restructuring they did in the sector...i give up
Re: N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud by nnachukz(m): 6:01am On Jan 06, 2018
The Petroleum minister surely is receiving his own cut.
If not why do you think he is always protecting his corrupt appointees.
Nigeria will be better but not with this slow poison in the Villa.

If you doubt me, post a picture of any infrastructural project he initiated and completed in his two tenures (1984 and now). The old man is just there for his selfish interest while the nation bleeds.
Check our recent budgets, you will see he has the highest budget but nothing on ground to show for it.
Boys will just collect money, share and give him his cut. The visual fight against corruption continues.

1 Like

Re: N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud by Martin0(m): 6:19am On Jan 06, 2018
biacan:
How comes no one is accusing that petroleum minister that claims to be the president he's the grandfather of corruption let start from there

Nigeria has been so messed-up to the point where it's nolonger can be managed anymore!

The system of nigeria has got me planing for my family coz am gonna move them ass outa this damm! Fucvking contiri!grin
Re: N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud by Nobody: 6:48am On Jan 06, 2018
Corruption has adorned a new toga

Re: N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud by biacan(f): 7:14am On Jan 06, 2018
Martin0:

Nigeria has been so messed-up to the point where it's nolonger can be managed anymore!

The system of nigeria has got me planing for my family coz am gonna move them ass outa this damm! Fucvking contiri!grin
Please baby don't forget about me when I'm done smoking Lisbon I'll join you lipsrsealed
Re: N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud by Omeokachie: 7:28am On Jan 06, 2018
Worse happened under Buhari in PTF.

Problem is that nigerians have too short a memory to have elected a man that failed as military head of state, chairman of PTF, no improvement in his personal life since leaving office in 1985, to come and lead them in this time and age.

This is why we wake up everyday to a new scandal and country in complete disarray!

Come 2019, that short memory will kick in and nigerians will yet again forget where they are coming from!

Problem is the people!

1 Like

Re: N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud by kitaatita: 7:30am On Jan 06, 2018
They are not importing everything. They forge papers and collect subsidy payment

1 Like

Re: N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud by ivandragon: 8:24am On Jan 06, 2018
based on the criteria of pmb's social media id!ots, pmb should easily qualify as the grandmaster of corruption.

but they will not be seen here... the true corruption supporters... corrupt in mind, body, thought & action...

1 Like

Re: N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud by Martin0(m): 8:30am On Jan 06, 2018
biacan:
Please baby don't forget about me when I'm done smoking Lisbon I'll join you lipsrsealed

I hear u ma!
U dey smoke?I like that oo if u do!grin
Re: N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud by biacan(f): 11:14am On Jan 06, 2018
Martin0:

I hear u ma!
U dey smoke?I like that oo if u do!grin
Noo that's the favourite cigarette of Nicki Minaj
Re: N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud by Martin0(m): 11:21am On Jan 06, 2018
biacan:
Noo that's the favourite cigarette of Nicki Minaj

Oh ok.
I thought u smoke sha!

But do u drink alcohol?
Re: N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud by biacan(f): 11:44am On Jan 06, 2018
Martin0:

Oh ok.
I thought u smoke sha!

But do u drink alcohol?
Not much oooo my friend thought me how to drink but I dislike biter drinks so I do wine alot......but do you drink
Re: N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud by Martin0(m): 11:48am On Jan 06, 2018
biacan:
Not much oooo my friend thought me how to drink but I dislike biter drinks so I do wine alot......but do you drink

Come beging dey learn how to drink oo!
But I don't drink alcohol like that ooo! I recently started drinking alcohol though it occasionally,but most times when am home na wine win am ooo!
Re: N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud by biacan(f): 11:50am On Jan 06, 2018
Martin0:

Come beging dey learn how to drink oo!
But I don't drink alcohol like that ooo! I recently started drinking alcohol though it occasionally,but most times when am home na wine win am ooo!
Wow na him be so much wine go flow around when I c lipsrsealed
Re: N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud by Martin0(m): 12:05pm On Jan 06, 2018
biacan:
Wow na him be so much wine go flow around when I c lipsrsealed

Yeyegringrin
Re: N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud by biacan(f): 12:10pm On Jan 06, 2018
Martin0:

Yeyegringrin
Martin nah you nor where your mind dey go.....nothing concern me ooo
Re: N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud by Martin0(m): 12:11pm On Jan 06, 2018
biacan:
Martin nah you nor where your mind dey go.....nothing concern me ooo

I hear u madamgrin
Re: N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud by biacan(f): 12:21pm On Jan 06, 2018
Martin0:

I hear u madamgrin
Ehmm come ooo a ti I tell you say make you nor dey call me madam
Re: N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud by Martin0(m): 12:26pm On Jan 06, 2018
biacan:
Ehmm come ooo a ti I tell you say make you nor dey call me madam

Na wa for u ooogringrin copy copy!

Which dey u tell me diz one again Nne?grin
Re: N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud by biacan(f): 12:28pm On Jan 06, 2018
Martin0:

Na wa for u ooogringrin copy copy!

Which dey u tell me diz one again Nne?grin
e nor mata when as long as i don tell you grin
Re: N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud by Martin0(m): 12:29pm On Jan 06, 2018
biacan:
e nor mata when as long as i don tell you grin

Ok madam! E sorry oo!

Ok I don hear u ada beke!grin
Re: N/assembly Accuses NNPC, Marketers Of N1.1tr Fraud by omowolewa: 12:49pm On Jan 06, 2018
Humm!

(1) (Reply)

A / Senate Insists On Not Considering Buhari’s Nominees / PDP Is Equal To APC.... ANY tells Youths to wake up from slumber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.