Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! (4091 Views)

Antichristian Is Mentally Unbalanced Fellow, Christians Don't Argue With Him / CHRISTIANITY EXPOSED: If Adam & Eve Were Created, Explain This / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 06, 2018
WHAT IS THE ESSENCE OF JESUS DYING FOR OUR SINS IF MAN WOULD STILL BE PUNISHED FOR COMMITING SINS. OF WHAT BENEFIT IS HIS DEATH TO SINNERS WHOM HE HAS DIED FOR IF THEY STILL WILL BE PUNISHED? I DONT GET IT REALLY!!! WHAT IS THE ESSENCE? WHAT IS THE BENEFIT? THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO UNDERSTAND.

4 Likes

Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 06, 2018
WORDWORLD:

WHAT IS THE ESSENCE OF JESUS DYING FOR OUR SINS IF MAN WOULD STILL BE PUNISHED FOR COMMITING SINS. OF WHAT BENEFIT IS HIS DEATH TO SINNERS WHOM HE HAS DIED FOR IF THEY STILL WILL BE PUNISHED? I DONT GET IT REALLY!!! WHAT IS THE ESSENCE? WHAT IS THE BENEFIT? THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO UNDERSTAND.

Jesus didn't die for the sins of the whole world, else all would be saved ....

there's something one needs to do to ensure that he was included, and that's to go to him for the salvation of your soul..

he doesn't punish those he died for or those who have come under his saving Hands .. he only corrects then or chastise them. he doesn't condemn them....

also you'd be sure of your salvation here on Earth.. if you go under his wings

1 Like

Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by Emmanystone: 6:45pm On Jan 06, 2018
WORDWORLD:

Oh so Jesus died? I thought your allah said he stole him away and hid him somewhere?

1 Like

Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by Emmanystone: 6:45pm On Jan 06, 2018
Ferisidowu:

Jesus didn't die for the sins of the whole world, else all would be saved ....

there's something one needs to do to ensure that he was included, and that's to go to him for the salvation of your soul..

he doesn't punish those he died for or those who have come under his saving Hands .. he only corrects then or chastise them. he doesn't condemn them....

also you'd be sure of your salvation here on Earth.. if you go under his wings
Don't mind the muslim.
Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by Dohgon(m): 7:18pm On Jan 06, 2018
WORDWORLD:

There are 2 explanations for this. The first is that Jesus abolished sacrifices with his own death. You see, before Jesus man made sacrifices, (some human and some animal) to covet the favor of god.
The second is that Jesus was a (buy-in) that gave the Romans access to a Jewish concept of god and religion
Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by butterflyl1on: 7:37pm On Jan 06, 2018
WORDWORLD:

Your Quran says Jesus did not die. It says he was stolen away and hidden so why are you asking questions your Quran does not attest to? Boil dey your brain?

Let me ask you this question instead.

1.WHAT IS THE ESSENCE OF VENERATING AND RANKING MUHAMMAD AT PAR WITH YOUR DEMONIC ALLAH IF EVEN HE MUHAMMAD DID NOT KNOW WHERE HE WAS GOING TO END UP AFTER DEATH?

Surah 46:9

Say: "I am no bringer of new-fangled doctrine among the messengers, nor do i know what will be done with me or with you. I follow but that which is revealed to me by inspiration; I am but a Warner open and clear." S. 46:9

2. DO YOU DRINK CAMEL PISS AS INSTRUCTED BY MUHAMMAD? IF YOU DO NOT, DO YOU NOT DISOBEY YOUR PROPHET AND SIN AGAINST ALLAH?
IF YOU DO, DO YOU NOT THINK YOU AND MUHAMMAD (IF HE WERE STILL ALIVE) SHOULD BE TEST SUBJECTS FOR A PSYCHIATRIC EVALUATION?
Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by adepeter2027(m): 7:40pm On Jan 06, 2018
Laugh don kill me oo

1 Like

Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by Deicide: 7:41pm On Jan 06, 2018
Op asked "One" question in a very simple Language that Everyone can understand So why are those morons Answering and asking another thing undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by butterflyl1on: 7:45pm On Jan 06, 2018
Deicide:
Op asked "One" question in a very simple Language that Everyone can understand So why are those morons Answering and asking another thing undecided

Because his question is silly coming from a Muslim whose Quran says otherwise. He should base his comment from his Quran.

1 Like

Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by enilove(m): 8:18pm On Jan 06, 2018
WORDWORLD:

The reason for the death of our Lord Jesus is to reconcile us back to God like the time of Adam and Eve b4 they sinned. B4 Adam and Eve sinned, man was created to live for ever , but the advent of sin brought God's curse and death upon Adam and Eve. Since God had warned that eating from that TREE would bring death upon them .

Genesis 2:16-17 KJV
And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: [17] But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

There is no man living that did not come through Adam and Eve, that means there is no man that has not inherited the curse of death .

But because God is love and His purpose for creating us cannot be destroyed by Satan , He made a way out for you and I through the death of Jesus on the cross. When you accept his death , you are free from the sin of Adam and Eve. But any sin you commit after accepting Jesus is new and you can be forgiving provided you are sincerely sorry for committing them.

The Bible Says:

Romans 5:12 KJV
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Romans 5:10 KJV
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

That is why all the Prophets did not say they are the way ,the truth and the life except Jesus.Because JESUS DID NOT INHERIT THE SIN OF ADAM .

Life is in the blood. The curse of God on Adam went to his blood and there is no man that has not inherit the blood.
To be reconciled to God means to be BORN AGAIN.

1 Like

Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by petra1(m): 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2018
WORDWORLD:

God is not punishing people for their sins anymore .

2 Corinthians 5:19
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation

There was a a difference between SIN and SINS . SIN has to do with the nature of fallen man , While SINS deals with trespasses. If a man gives his heart to Christ ,the sin nature is taken away. If he commits sin after that . He simply repents of it . God is not punishing him .
Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by MuttleyLaff: 8:37pm On Jan 06, 2018
WORDWORLD:
WHAT IS THE ESSENCE OF JESUS DYING FOR OUR SINS IF MAN WOULD STILL BE PUNISHED FOR COMMITING SINS. OF WHAT BENEFIT IS HIS DEATH TO SINNERS WHOM HE HAS DIED FOR IF THEY STILL WILL BE PUNISHED?
I DONT GET IT REALLY!!! WHAT IS THE ESSENCE?
WHAT IS THE BENEFIT?
THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO UNDERSTAND
WORDWORLD, enilove has posited the essence, the benefit as it were.
So you have it, Jesus died in our place and suffered for our sins, so we won't have to die and suffer.
No human being is going to be judged in absence of a due process safeguard
Do you understand now?
You'll explain yourself, explain every thought, word and action.
If you can afford it, then hire an attorney to defend you
If you haven't the money to hire one, then there is the option of free legal aid, where the equivalent of a SAN will be assigned you, which of course, can be declined, like most would do.
Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by twosquare(m): 9:08pm On Jan 06, 2018
Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 06, 2018
petra1:

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation

There was a a difference between SIN and SINS . SIN has to do with the nature of fallen man , While SINS deals with trespasses. If a man gives his heart to Christ ,the sin nature is taken away. If he commits sin after that . He simply repents of it . God is not punishing him .

I thought the difference between sin and sins was that one is singular and the other is plural. The more you know, huh? grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 06, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Your Quran says Jesus did not die. It says he was stolen away and hidden so why are you asking questions your Quran does not attest to? Boil dey your brain?

Let me ask you this question instead.

1.WHAT IS THE ESSENCE OF VENERATING AND RANKING MUHAMMAD AT PAR WITH YOUR DEMONIC ALLAH IF EVEN HE MUHAMMAD DID NOT KNOW WHERE HE WAS GOING TO END UP AFTER DEATH?

Surah 46:9

Say: "I am no bringer of new-fangled doctrine among the messengers, nor do i know what will be done with me or with you. I follow but that which is revealed to me by inspiration; I am but a Warner open and clear." S. 46:9

2. DO YOU DRINK CAMEL PISS AS INSTRUCTED BY MUHAMMAD? IF YOU DO NOT, DO YOU NOT DISOBEY YOUR PROPHET AND SIN AGAINST ALLAH?
IF YOU DO, DO YOU NOT THINK YOU AND MUHAMMAD (IF HE WERE STILL ALIVE) SHOULD BE TEST SUBJECTS FOR A PSYCHIATRIC EVALUATION?

Very simple question results to ABUSES and INSULTS. So how do you expect anybody to find your choice of faith CHRISTAINTY attractive so much that NON-CHRISTAINS will want to embrace your faith and drop theirs for one of a superior ethics if this is how you choose to present Christainity. This cant be the kind of ethics taught by the great teacher Christ. AND EVEN THOUGH I WROTE CLEARLY THAT AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE. See how so immature you have behaved. WHY?!!! Couldnt this be an evidence that MORAL is a personal issue and that Religion has got nothing to do with MORALS as the atheist who majority used to be Christains use as their arguement against religion? Perhaps having noticed such a display as yours in too many of their former faith, Christainity?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 06, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
WORDWORLD, enilove has posited the essence, the benefit as it were.
So you have it, Jesus died in our place and suffered for our sins, so we won't have to die and suffer.
No human being is going to be judged in absence of a due process safeguard
Do you understand now?
You'll explain yourself, explain every thought, word and action.
If you can afford it, then hire an attorney to defend you
If you haven't the money to hire one, then there is the option of free legal aid, where the equivalent of a SAN will be assigned you, which of course, can be declined, like most would do.

Funny you. Well i wish you the very best in your walks of life. Do take good care of yourself.

1 Like

Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 06, 2018
petra1:

Thank you for your explanation. God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 06, 2018
enilove:

The reason for the death of our Lord Jesus is to reconcile us back to God like the time of Adam and Eve b4 they sinned. B4 Adam and Eve sinned, man was created to live for ever , but the advent of sin brought God's curse and death upon Adam and Eve. Since God had warned that eating from that TREE would bring death upon them .

Genesis 2:16-17 KJV
And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: [17] But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

There is no man living that did not come through Adam and Eve, that means there is no man that has not inherited the curse of death .

But because God is love and His purpose for creating us cannot be destroyed by Satan , He made a way out for you and I through the death of Jesus on the cross. When you accept his death , you are free from the sin of Adam and Eve. But any sin you commit after accepting Jesus is new and you can be forgiving provided you are sincerely sorry for committing them.

The Bible Says:

Romans 5:12 KJV
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Romans 5:10 KJV
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

That is why all the Prophets did not say they are the way ,the truth and the life except Jesus.Because JESUS DID NOT INHERIT THE SIN OF ADAM .

Life is in the blood. The curse of God on Adam went to his blood and there is no man that has not inherit the blood.
To be reconciled to God means to be BORN AGAIN.

Thank you once again. May God smile on your ways.

1 Like

Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by MuttleyLaff: 10:41pm On Jan 06, 2018
WORDWORLD:
Funny you.
Well i wish you the very best in your walks of life.
Do take good care of yourself.
You see how everything pans out
and how easy situation(s) do take good care of themselves.
I wish you that you walk steps in life that are ordered by your Owner.
Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 06, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Because his question is silly coming from a Muslim whose Quran says otherwise. He should base his comment from his Quran.

Not in this information age should anybody be afraid to want to know the beautiful riches and diversity of religious traditions. I belong to the Enlightenment which practices INTELLECTUAL AND SPIRITUAL ELASTICISM. That is why i made it clear that am not here to argue. By the way thank you Deicide.

1 Like

Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by petra1(m): 10:50pm On Jan 06, 2018
AnonyNymous:

I thought the difference between sin and sins was that one is singular and the other is plural. The more you know, huh? grin grin grin

Yes in a sense . But take the verses below for an example . It's not talking about conduct but nature of sin

Romans 5:12

Romans 3:9
What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

1 Like

Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 06, 2018
Dohgon:

There are 2 explanations for this. The first is that Jesus abolished sacrifices with his own death. You see, before Jesus man made sacrifices, (some human and some animal) to covet the favor of god.
The second is that Jesus was a (buy-in) that gave the Romans access to a Jewish concept of god and religion

Thank you for your explanation. Am indeed grateful.
Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by MuttleyLaff: 11:02pm On Jan 06, 2018
AnonyNymous:
Just as Petra1 has said, the singular sin, is inherited sinful, flawed fallen from grace nature
The plural sins, is the gamut of badness, a range or different sorts of behaving badly as it were
Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 06, 2018
Guys am still seeking to know your views. Please is the believe in Jesus dying for the sins of mankind and EXCULSIVE concept called SALVATION. That is unless he dies for the sins of mankind there is no salvation?!
muttelylaff, enilove, petra1, anonyNymous, twosquare, butterflylion,adepeter2027, dohgon, emmanystone, ferisidowu.

My reason for asking is because of these verse in the Book of Luke in the Bible about a certain Zacchaeus. I want you to note what Jesus said to him in verse 9.

Luke 19:1-9 New International Version (NIV)
Zacchaeus the Tax Collector
19 Jesus entered Jericho and was passing
through. 2 A man was there by the name of
Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and
was wealthy. 3 He wanted to see who Jesus
was, but because he was short he could not
see over the crowd. 4 So he ran ahead and
climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him,
since Jesus was coming that way.
5 When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up
and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down
immediately. I must stay at your house
today.” 6 So he came down at once and
welcomed him gladly.
7 All the people saw this and began to
mutter, “He has gone to be the guest of a
sinner.”
8 But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the
Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half
of my possessions to the poor, and if I have
cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay
back four times the amount.”
9 Jesus said to him, “Today SALVATION has
come to this house, because this man, too, is
a son of Abraham.
New International Version.

Jesus didn't say SALVATION will come to this house after I die. But "TODAY" while he is still alive. Could it not be that SALVATION is NOT an exclusive concept that unless one believe Jesus died for the sins of mankind that one is saved? SALVATION AS FROM THE LIPS OF JESUS SAID "TODAY" WHILE SPEAKING WITH ZACCHEAUS, FOR ZACCHAEUS WAS OF GOOD CONDUCT. Am trying to understand please. NO INSULTS. And if anyone finds the question to be silly they should bother to answer. Thank you very much for your patience.

1 Like

Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by MuttleyLaff: 11:54pm On Jan 06, 2018
WORDWORLD:
Guys am still seeking to know your views.
Please is the believe in Jesus dying for the sins of mankind and EXCULSIVE concept called SALVATION.
That is unless he dies for the sins of mankind there is no salvation?!
muttelylaff, enilove, petra1, anonyNymous, twosquare, butterflylion, adepeter2027, dohgon, emmanystone, ferisidowu.

My reason for asking is because of these verse in the Book of Luke in the Bible about a certain Zacchaeus.
I want you to note what Jesus said to him in verse 9.

1Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through.
2A man was there by the name of Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and was wealthy.
3He wanted to see who Jesus was, but because he was short he could not see over the crowd.
4So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way.
5When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him,
Zacchaeus,. come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.”
6So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly.
7All the people saw this and began to mutter, “He has gone to be the guest of a sinner.”
8But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.”
9Jesus said to him,
Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham

Jesus didn't say SALVATION will come to this house after I die.
But "TODAY" while he is still alive.
Could it not be that SALVATION is NOT an exclusive concept that unless one believe Jesus died for the sins of mankind that one is saved? SALVATION AS FROM THE LIPS OF JESUS SAID "TODAY" WHILE SPEAKING WITH ZACCHEAUS, FOR ZACCHAEUS WAS OF GOOD CONDUCT.
Am trying to understand please. NO INSULTS. And if anyone finds the question to be silly they should bother to answer.
Thank you very much for your patience.
WORDWORLD, let's start from the edge of the plate, shall we
What's the meaning of the name Jesus?
What conversation happened at Luke 19:5
Who at Luke 19:9 turned up at Zacchaeus' house?
Have you managed to join the dots together now?

The latter part of Luke 19:9 (i.e. because he, too, is a son of Abraham) is reaffirmed in Romans 1:16
Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by butterflyl1on: 12:05am On Jan 07, 2018
WORDWORLD:
Guys am still seeking to know your views. Please is the believe in Jesus dying for the sins of mankind and EXCULSIVE concept called SALVATION. That is unless he dies for the sins of mankind there is no salvation?!
muttelylaff, enilove, petra1, anonyNymous, twosquare, butterflylion,adepeter2027, dohgon, emmanystone, ferisidowu.

My reason for asking is because of these verse in the Book of Luke in the Bible about a certain Zacchaeus. I want you to note what Jesus said to him in verse 9.

19 Jesus entered Jericho and was passing
through. 2 A man was there by the name of
Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and
was wealthy. 3 He wanted to see who Jesus
was, but because he was short he could not
see over the crowd. 4 So he ran ahead and
climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him,
since Jesus was coming that way.
5 When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up
and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down
immediately. I must stay at your house
today.” 6 So he came down at once and
welcomed him gladly.
7 All the people saw this and began to
mutter, “He has gone to be the guest of a
sinner.”
8 But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the
Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half
of my possessions to the poor, and if I have
cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay
back four times the amount.”
9 Jesus said to him, “Today SALVATION has
come to this house, because this man, too, is
a son of Abraham.
New International Version.

Jesus didn't say SALVATION will come to this house after I die. But "TODAY" while he is still alive. Could it not be that SALVATION is NOT an exclusive concept that unless one believe Jesus died for the sins of mankind that one is saved? SALVATION AS FROM THE LIPS OF JESUS SAID "TODAY" WHILE SPEAKING WITH ZACCHEAUS, FOR ZACCHAEUS WAS OF GOOD CONDUCT. Am trying to understand please. NO INSULTS. And if anyone finds the question to be silly they should bother to answer. Thank you very much for your patience.

Much as I know you are simply being mischievous I will play along.

Zacheaus was a sinner who sought to see Jesus and not Jesus FIRST seeking him out. When Jesus offered to come to his house he gladly accepted and when Jesus came, Zacheaus ACCORDING TO THE LAW said to Jesus in verse 8 "Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.”

According to the law, salvation was based on works and since Jesus had not yet died and rose again, Zacheaus fulfilled the requirements of the law as a sign of repentance. Notice his words in verse 8b "and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount."

He acknowledged his wrong doings and offered to make amends (repent). Based on this, salvation in accordance with the law was fulfilled as proof that zacheaus was a son of Abraham who knew the law but first chose to disobey it but now wishes to fulfil the requirements of the law for salvation.

After the death and resurrection of Jesus, salvation is no longer of works but has become by grace through faith.

1 Like

Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 07, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
WORDWORLD, let's start from the edge of the plate, shall we
What's the meaning of the name Jesus?
What conversation happened at Luke 19:5
Who at Luke 19:9 turned up at Zacchaeus' house?
Have you managed to join the dots together now?

The latter part of Luke 19:9 (i.e. because he, too, is a son of Abraham) is reaffirmed in Romans 1:16

You mean the criteria is because Zacchaeus is the son of Abraham?!
Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 07, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Much as I know you are simply being mischievous I will play along.

Zacheaus was a sinner who sought to see Jesus and not Jesus FIRST seeking him out. When Jesus offered to come to his house he gladly accepted and when Jesus came, Zacheaus ACCORDING TO THE LAW said to Jesus in verse 8 "Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.”

According to the law, salvation was based on works and since Jesus had not yet died and rose again, Zacheaus fulfilled the requirements of the law as a sign of repentance. Notice his words in verse 8b "and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount."

He acknowledged his wrong doings and offered to make amends (repent). Based on this, salvation in accordance with the law was fulfilled as proof that zacheaus was a son of Abraham who knew the law but first chose to disobey it but now wishes to fulfil the requirements of the law for salvation.

After the death and resurrection of Jesus, salvation is no longer of works but has become by grace through faith.

MISCHIEVIOUS?! WHY IS YOUR HEART LIKE THIS? CANT WE SEEK TO CLARIFY ISSUES? I ALREADY SAID IF YOU FIND THE QUESTION TO BE SILLY DONT BOTHER. BUT THEN THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION. AM GRATEFUL!!!
Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by Nobody: 12:21am On Jan 07, 2018
Mutteylaff what is the meaning of the name Jesus. Honestly I DONT know. Please kindly tell me with reference pleases from the Bible like Emanuel is defined as "GOD IS WITH US". I will be glad. TRUTH BE TOLD THERE IS NO HANKY-PANKY HERE!!! Its a quest to sincerely increase in knowledge.
Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by butterflyl1on: 12:24am On Jan 07, 2018
WORDWORLD:

MISCHIEVIOUS?! WHY IS YOUR HEART LIKE THIS? CANT WE SEEK TO CLARIFY ISSUES? I ALREADY SAID IF YOU FIND THE QUESTION TO BE SILLY DONT BOTHER. BUT THEN THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION. AM GRATEFUL!!!

FYI I went through your profile before using the word "mischievous " because your topics in the religious section show you as being just that. You and I know I am speaking the truth and no matter how much clarity you get from the explanations already given you would still dig up something else all in an attempt to fault the Bible and Jesus. This has ALWAYS been the Muslim way so I do not expect a deviation from you as the hardcore Muslim you are.

1 Like

Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by Nobody: 12:40am On Jan 07, 2018
butterflyl1on:

FYI I went through your profile before using the word "mischievous " because your topics in the religious section show you as being just that. You and I know I am speaking the truth and no matter how much clarity you get from the explanations already given you would still dig up something else all in an attempt to fault the Bible and Jesus. This has ALWAYS been the Muslim way so I do not expect a deviation from you as the hardcore Muslim you are.

Hmmm........you amuse me really. And why?! The reason is so simple because i know who is behind this moniker as one with that usual hot temper. This aint your only moniker. Why disguise to answer my question. There is nothing you dug. Its all about our clashes we had before that you have brought here. I EXPECT NO DEVIATION FROM YOU. Truth be told, there is nothing wrong with trying to seek for knowledge. You need to learn to be a good advertiser of Christianity. There a million and one people reading this, so dont be focused about what you think is my motive. BUT HOW TO WIN HEARTS INTO YOUR FAITH BY USING PLEASING AND WORDS OF WISDOM FOR THE CATCH. Yes, my topics says as it is all because my first time of having anything to do in the religion section with an open mind. PEOPLE OF YOUR TYPE OF MENTALITY STATRED BEHAVING EXACTLY LIKE YOU ARE BEHAVING TO MY INNOCENT INTERACTIONS SO I HAD NO CHOICE THAN TO FIRE BACK BUT TODAY I KNOW BETTER THAT ITS JUST WASTE OF ENERGY. Infact i have stoped partronizing the religion section for ages. Am mostly in the romance section because of people like you who dont even show that the practice their faith in TRUTH. For your demonstration here as not presented you as Christ like in any way.

1 Like

Re: Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue! by MuttleyLaff: 12:42am On Jan 07, 2018
WORDWORLD:
You mean the criteria is because Zacchaeus is the son of Abraham?!
No, WORDWORLD,
Salvation is from the Jews
It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes--the Jew first and also the Gentile

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Attract Money With Sugar, Rice, And Salt. / Inesqor On The Salvation Of The Non-christian / Apostle Johnson Suleiman 2018 Prophecies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.