Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,768 members, 7,802,351 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Make Money As A Slumlord - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Make Money As A Slumlord (369 Views)

Strategies For Making Money As A Real Estate Investor - PART 2 / Strategies For Making Money As A Real Estate Investor / 1 Powerful Trick To Earn Money As A Nigeria Student In Real Estate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Make Money As A Slumlord by Sachiopropty(m): 10:34am On Jan 06, 2018
Make Money As A Slumlord

Be a slumlord? Okay, I got your attention, now the truth. I really don’t recommend that anyone endanger their renters with unsafe housing. Much of what people call slumlording though, is simply providing reasonable housing for those with low incomes. It is of benefit to the renter AND the landlord.

Why Do People Rent Dumps?

People rent not-so-nice places because they can afford to. A house that needs paint, has old rusty hinges on the doors, and a dirt driveway – this is a house that cost less to buy, and therefore can be rented for less. Anything major that the landlord does to improve it will result in higher rents, and possibly drive the renter away.

In fact, this often happens. A few years ago my own town enacted its first rental regulations. The fifteen pages of new rules included many non-safety-related requirements, like a minimum of windows, to allow natural lighting, bedroom square-footage requirements, and no peeling paint.

These things are done in the name of low income renters, and yet the result is always the same: higher rent. With that and the regulations against mobiles homes, low income families are moving further away from town and jobs. I mention all this to let you know that if you offer an ugly, but safe and affordable rental, you are providing a real service.

Why Invest In Low Income Housing?

If a nice two bedroom house in a small town costs N30,000,000 and rents for N500,000 an old mobile home on a lot will probably cost N10,000,000 and rent for N200.000

Notice that the house costs almost three times as much, but the rent you get isn’t even doubled. This means the mobile gives you MORE CASH FLOW. That is why old houses and mobile homes (on land) are such good investments.

It’s important to note that you’ll have more risk and management problems with low income housing. Repairs come up more often, and rent will be late more often, on average. This is why you deserve a higher rate of return. Otherwise, who would want to provide low-cost rentals?

Treat your renters well, and make your places safe. Do these things, and you can enjoy a good return on your investment – even if some want to call you a slumlord.

http://www.sachiong.com/make-money-as-a-slumlord/
Re: Make Money As A Slumlord by Sachiopropty(m): 4:10pm On Jan 20, 2018
Don't Miss the opportunity of been a Slum lord coz I AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcPoSkxshe0

How to be a slum lord in Nigeria and Make Money quickly
Visit
http://www.sachiong.com/make-money-as-a-slumlord/

(1) (Reply)

Brand New Lovely 4 Bedroom Picx. For Sale. / Morenike Bajomo Named Amongst Landwey's Top 30 Realtors For 2017 / Property Research Mistakes That Could Be Costly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.