Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State (3032 Views)

Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) / Keyamo’s Appointment Is Welcomed By Delta APC – Uduaghan / Senator Nwaoboshi Hailed By Delta People Despite Money Laundering Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by naijapips04: 12:37pm On Jan 06, 2018
Delta state government had closed the Onitsha bridge, the only access road for Easterners going to the west, because of their local elections.

Travellers going to Lagos , etc have been stranded on the road for hours now. Im hearing it would be open by 6pm!

This is so uncalled for. The relevant authorities should do something about this and fast.

Freedom of movement is a fundamental human right. And besides that road doesn't belong to Delta state.

Pictures coming up.
Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by naijapips04: 12:48pm On Jan 06, 2018
Laslasticlala this should be on the front page.

Please post pictures if you have them.
Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by alade112(m): 12:54pm On Jan 06, 2018
So delta state is more powerful than the 5 eastern state? For them to close
Onitsha bridge just for common local government election. What if it's governorship election? They will close down the whole road leading to/out East. Well SE is last born of the South. tongue . A state in SS dey ride them

8 Likes

Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by Okoroawusa: 1:01pm On Jan 06, 2018
Buhari closed that bridge to punish Igbos!

Buhari want those on the bridge to be there for Fulani herds men to come n massacre them !

Buhari forced Delta state to put election on Christians festive period!

Buhari..

oh! how I miss that fool,hunchback n London riff- raff Nnamdi Kanu

7 Likes

Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by Odingo1: 1:10pm On Jan 06, 2018
alade112:
So delta state is more powerful than the 5 eastern state? For them to close
Onitsha bridge just for common local government election. What if it's governorship election? They will close down the whole road leading to/out East. Well SE is last born of the South. tongue . A state in SS dey ride them
If they tell you yorubas to travel you will say no but stay in Osogbo and be typing trash.
If you are traveling from SS to SW eg Rivers,Cross River,Bayelsa, which route are you going to take , is it not the same Niger bridge that the vehicle will cross.
For your mind Niger bridge at Onitsha leads to SE only.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by CrtlAltDel: 1:11pm On Jan 06, 2018
naijapips04:
Delta state government had closed the Onitsha bridge, the only access road for Easterners going to the west, because of their local elections.

Travellers going to Lagos , etc have been stranded on the road for hours now. Im hearing it would be open by 6pm!

This is so uncalled for. The relevant authorities should do something about this and fast.

Freedom of movement is a fundamental human right. And besides that road doesn't belong to Delta state.

Pictures coming up.
Kikikikiki… Delta state is more powerful than the 5 SE states to close this bridge and non of the Governors have coughed… as usual, lets blame the Afonjas grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by CrtlAltDel: 1:13pm On Jan 06, 2018
Okoroawusa:
Buhari closed that bridge to punish Igbos!

Buhari want those on the bridge to be there for Fulani herds men to come n massacre them !

Buhari forced Delta state to put election on Christians festive period!

Buhari..

oh! how I miss that fool,hunchback n London riff- raff Nnamdi Kanu
Gbam…. The albino hunchback would have order 1 Billion Ipob members to march down to open the bridge while he stays behind in his fathers house… I miss him sha grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by naijapips04: 1:20pm On Jan 06, 2018
Nigeria is a lawless nation. Can you imagine the billions of naira being lost because of this.

Pictures are refusing to upload.

Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by naijapips04: 1:24pm On Jan 06, 2018
CrtlAltDel:

Gbam…. The albino hunchback would have order 1 Billion Ipob members to march down to open the bridge while he stays behind in his fathers house… I miss him sha grin grin

Dumbie this is a federal road. its not used by only igbos alone u know. it's an insult to Nigeria as a Nation.

8 Likes

Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by alade112(m): 1:27pm On Jan 06, 2018
Odingo1:

If they tell you yorubas to travel you will say no but stay in Osogbo and be typing trash.
If you are traveling from SS to SW eg Rivers,Cross River,Bayelsa, which route are you going to take , is it not the same Niger bridge that the vehicle will cross.
For your mind Niger bridge at Onitsha leads to SE only.

Before further discussion, where is the bridge located ? SS or SE?

7 Likes

Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 06, 2018
told you this Afons no get sense..they go dey ogbomosho ede gbogan owo.. dey display dia uselessness on media..

how bridge head access only igbo states. atime i just believe that this people brain dey pain dem.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by Kentura(m): 1:34pm On Jan 06, 2018
It's still Buhari's fault.. Nonsense
Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 06, 2018
alade112:

niger bride is located in Anambra states.. 3kilo to Asaba. before toll gate delta state.

River niger is in Onitsha.
now learn to live your enclave.

Benin asaba is close cos of the election in delta state..

now benin -Asaba road end up at the onitsha..via the bridge.

travel n see yourself.. no dey make mockery of una sef online for cheap likes.

ignorance is not an excuse

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by naijapips04: 1:38pm On Jan 06, 2018
Nigeria has gone to the dogs. I've been on this road for 3 Hours now. only God know when we would get to Lagos today.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by naijapips04: 1:42pm On Jan 06, 2018
alade112:

I have one Yoruba dude stuck with me here. He too is a Nigerian and deserves his freedom of movement.

Cc laslasticlala

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by alade112(m): 1:46pm On Jan 06, 2018
bounty007:

niger bride is located in Anambra states.. 3kilo to Asaba. before toll gate delta state.

River niger is in Onitsha.
now learn to live your enclave.

Benin asaba is close cos of the election in delta state..

now benin -Asaba road end up at the onitsha..via the bridge.

travel n see yourself.. no dey make mockery of una sef online for cheap likes.

ignorance is not an excuse

Lol! Why should i leave a place where your folks are running to and move to where they are running away from? Can't you see how your brother is crying all over the thread that Delta state government blocked the road and can't say when he will arrive lagos your America. Where ever the bridge is located, South easterners will be affected more before the Ss. That's what we are saying here.. Beside why will a state block the road just because of common local government election?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by naijapips04: 1:48pm On Jan 06, 2018
alade112:

Lol! Why should i leave a place where your folks are running to and move to where they are running away from? Can't you see how your brother is crying all over the thread that Delta state government blocked the road and can't say when he will arrive lagos your America. Where ever the bridge is located, South easterners will be affected more before the Ss. That's is what we are saying here.. Beside why will a state block the road just because of common local government election?

The first picture has Hausa woman sprawled on the floor . They too are Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 06, 2018
alade112:

Lol! Why should i leave a place where your folks are running to and move to where they are running away from? Can't you see how your brothers is crying all over the thread that Delta state government blocked the road and can't say when he will arrive lagos your America. Where ever the bridge is located, South easterners will be affected more before the Ss. That's is what we are saying here.. Beside why will a state block the road just because of common local government election?

Stop!

stop displaying mumuness.. lot of people are laughing at your ignorance..you just want to score cheap likes. Oga travel and stop ranting.

if you no go..you no fit know..
travel n' see.

ipetu owo offa is not health for your brain.. e too dull.

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 06, 2018
alade112:

Lol! Why should i leave a place where your folks are running to and move to where they are running away from? Can't you see how your brothers is crying all over the thread that Delta state government blocked the road and can't say when he will arrive lagos your America. Where ever the bridge is located, South easterners will be affected more before the Ss. That's is what we are saying here.. Beside why will a state block the road just because of common local government election?

Stop!

stop displaying mumuness.. no be your people full uk dey beg for leftovers..yes! travel n see things for yourself.

lot of people are laughing at your ignorance..you just want to score cheap likes. Oga travel and stop ranting.

travel n' see.

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by Pavore9: 1:53pm On Jan 06, 2018
Is that not a Federal route? angry
Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by alade112(m): 1:55pm On Jan 06, 2018
bounty007:

Stop!

stop displaying mumuness.. no be your people full uk dey beg for leftovers..yes! travel n see things for yourself.

lot of people are laughing at your ignorance..you just want to score cheap likes. Oga travel and stop ranting.

travel n' see.

You are just shouting travel travel. Travel to where? Answer simple question you can't you are busy shouting travel.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 06, 2018
naijapips04:

The first picture has Hausa woman sprawled on the floor . They too are Nigerians.

allow those fools to display their oshogbo brain.

sense dem no get..

travel dem no gree..

meet dem for uK you go just weak... as dem dey hustle souvenirs food, for events..even pen, plates, chocolate are not left out..

this one's go dey nl dey make noise on how lagos na heaven..

only if they know how dia people dey live for Uk and outside the chores of this country..

dem go just humble..

very very ignorant humans.

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 06, 2018
alade112:

You are just shouting travel travel. Travel to where? Answer simple question you can't you are busy shouting travel.

any oil drinker to help interpret?
Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by naijapips04: 1:58pm On Jan 06, 2018
Pavore9:
Is that not a Federal route? angry

I'm asking the same question, my brother. Imagine the brazen rascality.
Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by alade112(m): 2:01pm On Jan 06, 2018
bounty007:

any oil drinker to help interpret?

If you meant SE by the travel travel you are shouting. oga spare me. Iv been to calabar before but any state in the East never tongue. God4bid.

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by mybestlove(m): 2:03pm On Jan 06, 2018
It has become an annual occurrence. The weak bridge is always congested every festive period because of traffic but, sadly no government cares.
Now because of elections, the road won't be used by motorists. I don't understand Nigeria at all, is this actually a country?
Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by Pavore9: 2:05pm On Jan 06, 2018
naijapips04:

I'm asking the same question, my brother. Imagine the brazen rascality.

You can imagine the audacity!
Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by naijapips04: 2:09pm On Jan 06, 2018
mybestlove:
It has become an annual occurrence. The weak bridge is always congested every festive period because of traffic but, sadly no government cares.

This time it was closed intentionally because of Delta state LGA elections. I'm wondering if they have the power to do that.
Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by DieBuhari: 2:24pm On Jan 06, 2018
naijapips04:

She might even be a Yoruba Muslim
Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by naijapips04: 2:54pm On Jan 06, 2018
SOS!!!
Buhari FASHOLA, okowa , seun lalasticlala, mynd44

Commuters are seriously suffering on this road. We've spent over 5, hours here and we still have a long way to go.
Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by Omofunaab2: 3:01pm On Jan 06, 2018
naijapips04:
Nigeria is a lawless nation. Can you imagine the billions of naira being lost because of this.

Pictures are refusing to upload.

Hmmmmm
Re: Onitsha Niger Bridge closed down by Delta State by alade112(m): 3:06pm On Jan 06, 2018
Omofunaab2:

Hmmmmm
L cheesy L . I saw it too.. buh the thing just weak me grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

IGP Says Anti-grazing Law Should Be Suspended / . / Ruling Party And PDP Are Dead Horses, Says Ann’s Olawepo-hashim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.