Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,913 members, 7,799,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? (11255 Views)

Does Your Church Still Preach About Rapture, Restitution, Great Tribulation? / The Right Way To Preach About Hell - Milton Goh / Why Don't Pastors Preach About PAUPER'S TITHE As Prescribed By Scriptures? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by canalily(m): 10:15am On Jan 07, 2018
Today! This morning!

1 Like

Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by seuncyrus(m): 10:15am On Jan 07, 2018
why ?
Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by jeff1607(m): 10:16am On Jan 07, 2018
koolaid87:

Maybe 1997 sad

Prosperity ti take over

grin
Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by ikorodureporta: 10:17am On Jan 07, 2018
Pharmtj:
last Sunday... during the feast of the Holy family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph.
Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by Diso60090(m): 10:20am On Jan 07, 2018
Abeg marriage wey go work na go work if you like carry the matter go gate of heaven

NB: when a woman is fed up there is nothing you can do about it if you give them 2inch they need 9inch
Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by koolaid87: 10:25am On Jan 07, 2018
jeff1607:

I only asked a question and didn't criticize any church

Don't mind yeye people

Turning blind eyes is their specialty

Everybody knows that the church is losing its value... and people need to talk so the religious leaders can check themselves and go back to the old way, where the church served as a place of refuge.

It's 2018, people need to walk this year with an open mind.

Nice one Op!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:27am On Jan 07, 2018
Bobby4090:

Oooh, they just assign issues of Family and Marriage to some departments to handle while they Preach and teach Money and Prosperity in the General Congregation every Sunday.

Can you see your self
Yes I can see myself I am not an MFM member I just went to the church and I heard about what they do.And Dr d.k olukoya does not focus on prosperity but on fighting witches and wizards and satanic forces.And besides is it everyday they would discuss about marriages or is it every time your pastor talks about one particular thing.There must be departments to deal with issues like this as only one person does not have the monopoly of knowledge in order for division of labour there should be division of ideas,some are good at organizing,evangelising,marriage counselling and so much more.

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by eph12(m): 10:36am On Jan 07, 2018
Middle last year I think or towards last quarter
Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 07, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Well I do know that some churches have departments that deal on issues like this.I can say that every third Sunday of the month MFM regions connect to prayer city where they discuss and address issues like this it is called "Happy home".
They connect to d headquarters at onike-iwaya not parayer city at Ibadan express road.
Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by Bobby4090: 10:51am On Jan 07, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Yes I can see myself I am not an MFM member I just went to the church and I heard about what they do.And Dr d.k olukoya does not focus on prosperity but on fighting witches and wizards and satanic forces.And besides is it everyday they would discuss about marriages or is it every time your pastor talks about one particular thing.There must be departments to deal with issues like this as only one person does not have the monopoly of knowledge in order for division of labour there should be division of ideas,some are good at organizing,evangelising,marriage counselling and so much more.

Oooh, you are not a member of MFM yet you know everything that happens in that Church. Are u a Monitoring Spirit?
And besides, why are there departments that handle Family life, marriage, Good Home etc in Churches yet no department handles Tithing and Wealth?
The answer is simple....
Cos issues of tithing is considered too critical by those Goals for it to just be assigned to a mere department led by some junior Pastors.
The GOs personally treat it themselves with all needed quotations almost every Sunday.
Can't fool me dear. Everyone knows where priorities are through the attention given.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by bejeria101(m): 10:53am On Jan 07, 2018
Always! He centres on family,finance,career,intergrity *he always hammers on that*
Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:53am On Jan 07, 2018
jeff1607:
We hear of prosperity and the likes, gone are they days when a Sunday would be set aside to talk about issues concerning family values, how parents should handle a situation in the home and marriage , especially for young intending couples.
today,

it was a theme in the homily the priest gave today.

Catholic Church

1 Like

Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by Dareabiala(m): 11:05am On Jan 07, 2018
No preaching on morals again not to talk of family... I even saw a video of a man's not hot pastor (you need to see how his congregation jumped up when the pastor said skrrrrrrrr). Honestly such things won't happen in a mosque (pardon me) but it is true. My brother just work on your family yourself. Even if they preach ut , your wife might end up worshipping them after been brain washed
Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by Mekanus(m): 11:10am On Jan 07, 2018
slawomir:
I don't even go near church not to talk of knowing whether they preach anything reasonable

fucckk
who still believe in that poor low budget asss moda fucker called Jesus whose father was a mere carpenter through him the world was deceived into believing that there is one imaginary being up there in the sky called God.

religion is a scam
abeg osazee give me the other wrap make I light am up. we niggarz are gonna fall so many weed this morning in Benin City.
we will smoke until we become the most high
all these Christians think only their Jah(God) is the most high
Buhahahaha!

Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by sirxbit(m): 11:10am On Jan 07, 2018
Ireboya:
Christianity to me issa big scam sad
Another brother eye don open
Fat scam i tell u

1 Like

Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by oziandu(f): 11:16am On Jan 07, 2018
Last sunday which was Holy Family sunday.....

1 Like

Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by maum: 11:23am On Jan 07, 2018
Ah, every time time the homily revolves around home values. He spares no ox, he doesn't sugar-coat the expectations from the two parties involved. He holds family highly, matrimony is a sacrament after all.

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 07, 2018
church nowadays only preach about prosperity and making money not exactly about eternal life..though I still go to church seldomly but I feel am detached from church...I believe in God but this pastors of our generation are not doing good

1 Like

Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by ImaIma1(f): 11:27am On Jan 07, 2018
In my church, one of the services is dedicated to relationship/marriage every Sunday.
Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:27am On Jan 07, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

They connect to d headquarters at onike-iwaya not parayer city at Ibadan express road.
Sorry nor vex I am not a member but I do know that they actually connect for that programme So prayer city is different from the headquarters I had no idea.
Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:30am On Jan 07, 2018
Bobby4090:

Oooh, you are not a member of MFM yet you know everything that happens in that Church. Are u a Monitoring Spirit?
And besides, why are there departments that handle Family life, marriage, Good Home etc in Churches yet no department handles Tithing and Wealth?
The answer is simple....
Cos issues of tithing is considered too critical by those Goals for it to just be assigned to a mere department led by some junior Pastors.
The GOs personally treat it themselves with all needed quotations almost every Sunday.
Can't fool me dear. Everyone knows where priorities are through the attention given.
Okay if you say so.
Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by spongebob0006(f): 11:37am On Jan 07, 2018
third Sundays in every month. it's caller HAPPY HOME. MFM church.
Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by Myati: 11:38am On Jan 07, 2018
New year's eve. My pastor endeavours to talk about this and practical Christian living almost every Sunday.

I don't know how bad it is in Nigeria, but sometimes I feel some people exaggerate prosperity messages they claim pastors preach about.

I can't remember the last time my pastor preached solely about prosperity.
As a matter of fact, one of the things he said about tithing last Sunday was that if you do not have a personal relationship with God, paying your tithe does not guarantee anything.

And it's RCCG.
Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 07, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Sorry nor vex I am not a member but I do know that they actually connect for that programme So prayer city is different from the headquarters I had no idea.
Haba! I no vex na. I just wan correct the stuff for d sake of others weh go read am
Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:43am On Jan 07, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

Haba! I no vex na. I just wan correct the stuff for d sake of others weh go read am
Okay thanks for the correction.
Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by Agp19(m): 11:56am On Jan 07, 2018
the last 3months of last year my pastor devoted his sermon to family issues...finish the topic with a prayer on the last Sunday of the year 2017....
Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by dingbang(m): 11:59am On Jan 07, 2018
pastors should forget about money and tell the congregation the truth and matters that affect today's society.

they should adopt st paul's style of preaching
Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by abdulaz: 12:07pm On Jan 07, 2018
slawomir:
I don't even go near church not to talk of knowing whether they preach anything reasonable

fucckk
who still believe in that poor low budget asss moda fucker called Jesus whose father was a mere carpenter through him the world was deceived into believing that there is one imaginary being up there in the sky called God.

religion is a scam
abeg osazee give me the other wrap make I light am up. we niggarz are gonna fall so many weed this morning in Benin City.

Abeg tell Osazee make him keep small for me o. I dey game.
Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by Etuagievin(m): 12:12pm On Jan 07, 2018
slawomir:

fucckk

religion is a scam
. Osanobua!
Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by Originalsly: 12:20pm On Jan 07, 2018
Most churches are about money/wealth/prosperity. Even if they preach about the family.... money is going to be involved...as in ......"there are so many problems in so many homes... husbands and wives not getting along..always something to quarrel about... husbands not being promoted at their jobs...but if we look at it closely the problem is spiritual.... have they been faithful to God? ...were they faithfully giving God his dues or short changing Him because as we know times are tough?...how can we expect to be blessed with a peaceful home...a prosperous life.. a family filled with love when we are not right with God?"........ The Sunday bottom line in big sermons must be to harvest money for the pastor church.
Then many pastors want to say as little as possible because they aRe into breaking relationships for one reason or other...... mainly to gain money or because of lust.
Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by EmekaBlue(m): 12:25pm On Jan 07, 2018
Owo ti take over. D god of earth
Re: When Last Did Your Pastor Preach About Issues On Family Values And Marriage? by Gracelilian(f): 12:33pm On Jan 07, 2018
Uncountable, my priest always say it. But we don't hear.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Most Christians Stingy When It Comes To Church Offerings? / An Open Letter To Hot Blooded Young Men - Paul Ellis / Illuminati Died In 1785. I Am Suprised Some People Still Believe It Exists Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.