Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,782 members, 7,806,170 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

How To Fix Android On-screen Flickering - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Fix Android On-screen Flickering (3884 Views)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Screen Flickering/flashing Issue / How To Fix “android Is Starting” Followed By “optimizing Apps” Issue On Android / How To Fix Android Screen Flickering In Easy Steps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Fix Android On-screen Flickering by GeeksnGuide(m): 8:53pm On Jan 06, 2018
After the introduction of latter versions of Android such as 4.2 Jellybean, 4.4 kitkat, 5.0 Lollipop, 6.0 marshmallow or 7.0 Nougat, Android phones keep on getting screen flickering. Recently, I've been getting several request on how to troubleshoot the Android on-screen flickering. It was the last request on nairaland that prompt me the write this post.

"Good morning all, Please help me, i have this TECNO G9 tablet, it just started blinking and i barely type well..
whats the cause of this and how do i solve it,? the screen blinks at intervals"

So this tutorial will guide you through on how to fix android on-screen flickering.

Causes of Android On-Screen Flickering
Android screen flickering is can be caused by different types of reason. But based on my research, android on-screen flickering is caused by the inability of the Operating System to differentiate between hardware GPU and the software CPU. Although there are other factors that can caused screen flickering of android phone like old apps and OS, cache partitions e.t.c

How To Fix Android Screen Flickering

Though, I'm not an engineer but as an Information technologist I believe the most working method is to turn off the hardware overlaying. This has been working and I hope it'll work for you.
To do this
-> Navigate to settings >> More Tab >> About device.
-> Look for "Build number" and tap it 6 times fastly. Then you will get a message saying: "You are now a developer"
-> Back to Home Screen, and then to Settings >> More Tab >> Now you will see the "Developer Options"
-> Then click the Developer options >> Drawing Section or Rendering Section >> Find "Turn off hardware overlays" or "disable hardware overlays" >> This will force the phone to always use GPU for screen compositing.

Thanks all.

If the Android screen is still flickering, check for updates on Google playstore. Go to Setting >> About phone and check for updates.

If the Android screen flickering is still persistent, you can hard reset or flash your android devices. And if none had worked, I'll advise you to give it to competent android smartphone engineer.

Source: http://www.geeksnguide.com/2018/01/how-to-fix-android-on-screen-flickering.html
Re: How To Fix Android On-screen Flickering by GeeksnGuide(m): 2:42pm On Jan 09, 2018
Resolve android screen blinking problems

(1) (Reply)

Installation Of Google Play Services On Phones That Didn't Come With Playstore / Apple Watch Series 3 42mm (GPS + Cellular) From U.S. / Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.