Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,999 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace (91985 Views)

Soldiers Beat KEDECO Staff Members Over Disconnection Of Electricity In Kebbi / Electric Shock Kills Fulani Man's Cow In Delta(photos) / Photo Of The Massive Sea Cow Caught By Fisherman, Rescued By Lagos Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by kcreativeme: 1:13pm On Jan 07, 2018
iukpe:
What do men say this animal is?

a) Sea cow
b) manatee
c) Sea lion
d) Sea fish

shocked shocked
sinkhole:
Actually, something is very wrong here!
That animal is a sea-cow and it is a marine animal which may be found in West African coast but Kebbi is nowhere very near to the coast, so how come a marine animal is captured in a freshwater?
That animal should have been handed over to the nearest zoology research centre to be studied!

AmbAyomideMFR:
If na obodo oyinbo this was caught now........dis animal no go suffer like this......
dalaman:
Africans don't know anything about animal conservation. Everything is food to us.

African sea cow or African manatee.

Check out https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_manatee. It's a pity that we just kill animals anyhow in this country, no plans for conservation, research and tourism.
Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by YungPrinzz(m): 1:18pm On Jan 07, 2018
StarBukola:
But why dey gather on top the poor thing like this?? Bunch of clowns oshiiiiiiiiiiii angry angry angry angry angry angry

Sango Ota?�
Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by Davidson267(m): 1:20pm On Jan 07, 2018
CastedDude:
Earlier today, some fishermen caught a manatee in a river in Yauri area of Kebbi state. The elated fishermen who posed with the animal decided to take it to the palace of the Sarkin Yauri (the traditional ruler) to show it off. See pictures below;

https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/01/men-catch-sea-lion-fishing-river-take-monarchs-palace-photos.html
you guys are quick to move trash to front page, but I created a topic about my birthday yesterday and it didn't make front page.I'm so pissed with you all(mods)Bleep you all.
Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by sinkhole: 1:25pm On Jan 07, 2018
kcreativeme:

African sea cow or African manatee.

Check out https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_manatee. It's a pity that we just kill animals anyhow in this country, no plans for conservation, research and tourism.
There should have been a serious research on what brought this marine animal to a freshwater: it could have been something linked to climate change; it could have been something linked to over fishing at the coast or something that could lead to explanation of some of our problems but now this animal would have been consumed before you could say "jack"
Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by Justiceleague1: 1:35pm On Jan 07, 2018
Animals. Barbarians.
Worse thing is,these are the gods,masters and lords of all coneheads and whose arsse they love lubricating.. angry

now for killing that poor manatee,thunda faya all coneheads

grin
Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 07, 2018
CastedDude:
Earlier today, some fishermen caught a manatee in a river in Yauri area of Kebbi state. The elated fishermen who posed with the animal decided to take it to the palace of the Sarkin Yauri (the traditional ruler) to show it off. See pictures below;

https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/01/men-catch-sea-lion-fishing-river-take-monarchs-palace-photos.html

I think this is an elephant seal.
Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by Firefly2017(f): 1:53pm On Jan 07, 2018
Now they have caught it, killed it and taken pics with it. end of story. The future generations will never get to see these creatures in our waters. The white man on the other hand will find a way to preserve it and make sure it doesn't go extinct. I weep for the ignorance of the African man angry cry cry cry cry undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by kcreativeme: 2:00pm On Jan 07, 2018
sinkhole:
There should have been a serious research on what brought this marine animal to a freshwater: it could have been something linked to climate change; it could have been something linked to over fishing at the coast or something that could lead to explanation of some of our problems but now this animal would have been consumed before you could say "jack"

Very true! We have many Professors of Zoology and related courses, yet, it's the foreigners that know a lot of things about our eco-system. Could also be a warning sign to a pending danger probably to the freshwater.
Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by sirjentul05(m): 2:03pm On Jan 07, 2018
So evrytin wey dey for land don get sea or river type abi? Oya wey see lalasticlaca or wey sea mynd44

#itz jentul#
Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by stblessing(f): 2:30pm On Jan 07, 2018
;DAt the end of the day, its still going to wind up in the toilet
Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by ajepako(f): 2:54pm On Jan 07, 2018
Ah.... Good old Yauri...

My place of service during my NYSC in 2001

Very nice and hospitable people...

God bless Kebbi state, God bless Nigerians..
Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by emmanikewon(m): 3:09pm On Jan 07, 2018
My goodness. Somebody just waste my data with dis s****d head line.
This is unfair Seun.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by chiefojiji(m): 3:13pm On Jan 07, 2018
Am waiting for the day I'll kill sea giraffe
Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by vicben27(m): 3:42pm On Jan 07, 2018
thats a bebie sea cow! illitracy is disease y will any one capture a Bebie sea cow its mumy most be missing it
Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by luluman: 4:25pm On Jan 07, 2018
MrRichy:
which kyn sea lion be this ?

modified: its no more sea lion...now sea cow.. Op na wa for you o
Bros e tire me o.
Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by jonvalek(m): 5:12pm On Jan 07, 2018
Sea cow? shocked Manatee? sad What in the hell is.... Are they going to eat this? If not, I see no reason for killing it in the 1st place bcoz this na very rear creature and it's herbivorous! People shaaa... See there dead goat teeth true true.
Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by davidque007(m): 5:47pm On Jan 07, 2018
Sea cow or manatee. Kai Nigerians are quite backward sha. See people gathering to celebrate the death abi Na catch of an endangered animal Which the world spends millions of dollars to protect
Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by godofuck231: 6:48pm On Jan 07, 2018
CastedDude:

And they killed it? Instead of preserving the species , mens these dudes are really hungry
Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by Thatidomaguy: 8:34pm On Jan 07, 2018
Tallesty1:
And it's a breaking news?
This na sea lion na..wehtin the worry them this ones
Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by Thatidomaguy: 8:36pm On Jan 07, 2018
CastedDude:

This na sea lion na... wehtin the worry them this ones
Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by Rhea(f): 8:38pm On Jan 07, 2018
CastedDude:

They caught an animal currently being hunted out of extinction by humans, and they took it to their traditional ruler to celebrate cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by 7lives: 10:27pm On Jan 07, 2018
sinkhole:
Actually, something is very wrong here!
That animal is a sea-cow and it is a marine animal which may be found in West African coast but Kebbi is nowhere very near to the coast, so how come a marine animal is captured in a freshwater?
That animal should have been handed over to the nearest zoology research centre to be studied!

God bless you for this, the people who took the fish to the emir KNEW the animal is alien to that environment and this case is worthy of study.
grin grin grin grin grin, Kebbi state might soon catch the attention of the animal planet.

1 Like

Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by almsofgold: 10:44pm On Jan 07, 2018
It's called a seal.many ignorant folks on nairaland undecided
Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by afonja112: 9:54am On Jan 08, 2018
this is an endangered specie - see https://www.learner.org/jnorth/tm/manatee/Calf.html

And to all the ignoramus above, manatee is also called sea cow - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manatee
Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by StarBukola(f): 12:19pm On Jan 08, 2018
castrol180:

Because you are filled with pimples...although you live close to my residence here
and ow does that affect your life this new year
Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by castrol180(m): 12:50pm On Jan 08, 2018
StarBukola:
and ow does that affect your life this new year

Just wanna roll with you to know how a pimples pvssy feel like...
Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by StarBukola(f): 1:16pm On Jan 08, 2018
castrol180:

Just wanna roll with you to know how a pimples pvssy feel like...

Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by castrol180(m): 1:37pm On Jan 08, 2018
[quote author=StarBukola post=64003868][/quote]

But bukky, why now? Pm me as I also stay around your vicinity...let's just be
Re: Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace by Bennyranks: 1:45pm On Jan 08, 2018
Sickening, the African sea cow is endangered and very little is known about them. They should have returned it to its mother. They could have sent it to an aquarium and collected a reward.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Me. This Is How God Transformed My Life / This Big Python Was Killed In Yenagoa Bayelsa State. / White Man Urinating In Public In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.