Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! (1133 Views)

Is Becoming An Athiest The Next??? / What Is Backsliding? And How Can A Person Recover? / Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! by konjinus(m): 11:33pm On Jan 06, 2018
Hello Nairalanders, I recently got converted to the religion of athiesm but I am not comfortable with some of the traditions like harassing people who believe in their God. Do I have to mock and continually harass religious people in other to build my 'faith' in athiesm? Do I have to pretend to like Satan also? What is the difference between athiesm and 'anti-christism'. Pls I would like this questions to be answered by my fellow Yoruba athiest brothers. Thanks sad

2 Likes

Re: An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! by greatnaija01: 11:36pm On Jan 06, 2018
the people to answer your question have not yet sat down to think about it.

YOU BETTER RUN TO GOD before you enter an unanswered eternity.

6 Likes

Re: An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 06, 2018
Better re-convert back and never re-re-convert again cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! by doveyla(f): 11:45pm On Jan 06, 2018
Where were you b4 you got converted? As you've seen and heard, take heed b4 you enter the 1 chance vehicle loading for Unanswered Eternity!

3 Likes

Re: An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! by GraGra247(m): 11:51pm On Jan 06, 2018
All nairaland atheists na fake.

Atheist wey go mock Christians from morning till night on every thread... that one na atheist?

Real atheist no dey make noise. He even goes to church with Christian family members.

10 Likes

Re: An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 06, 2018
I'm waiting for those athiests. I sense sarcasm in this op post sha

1 Like

Re: An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:03am On Jan 07, 2018
GraGra247:

Atheist wey go mock Christians from morning till night on every thread... that one na atheist?

Real atheist no dey make noise. He even goes to church with Christian family members.
You know them.
Re: An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! by ifenes(m): 5:58am On Jan 07, 2018
konjinus:
Hello Nairalanders, I recently got converted to the religion of athiesm but I am not comfortable with some of the traditions like harassing people who believe in their God. Do I have to mock and continually harass religious people in other to build my 'faith' in athiesm? Do I have to pretend to like Satan also? What is the difference between athiesm and 'anti-christism'. Pls I would like this questions to be answered by my fellow Yoruba athiest brothers. Thanks sad

Let’s say you became irreligious and that doesn’t mean you have automatically become civilised, you just don’t fear hell fire and the wrath of the ferocious Christian idea of god anymore. However you need to understand that your actions are still your own responsibility. You still need to work on yourself and be a difference. You must show others that being a positively changed person without a book is possible. You cannot forcibly change others.

Respect and give the Christians enough room to decide their own fate, not by attacks and calling them silly names. Look at Frosbel, he is a changed man but still respectful

Majority of the so called “atheists” on here are still a product of aggressive Christian methods of bully, low interaction skill, primitive ways of reasoning etc. Being a bully is not what you want. Sometimes out of 100 folk,you might only make sense to one person and that’s enough. Your mental growth should be your priority, and don’t just follow others, be yourself.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! by Nobody: 6:36am On Jan 07, 2018
konjinus:

"DO I HAVE TO PRETEND TO LIKE SATAN"

are sure u are really not a religious person

1 Like

Re: An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! by hopefulLandlord: 6:45am On Jan 07, 2018
darkchild64:

"DO I HAVE TO PRETEND TO LIKE SATAN"

are sure u are really not a religious person

its definitely sarcasm, OP is a Christian seeking attention; check his topics and posts in this section

3 Likes

Re: An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! by adepeter2027(m): 8:17am On Jan 07, 2018
Lobatan
Re: An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! by OtemAtum: 9:48am On Jan 07, 2018
konjinus:
You were never an atheist guy. BTW, I don't really blame the atheists for bashing the Christians because the Christian bashed them first when the early apostles said that 'only a fool says there is no god'. Anyway, wetin be my own business there ? I am neither an atheist nor a christian. Let dem dem answer dem dem cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! by Martinez19(m): 10:20am On Jan 07, 2018
Your lack of belief in deities makes you an atheist, nothing more nothing less. Debating with theists and bashing religion is your personal choice. There are atheist who don't debate or bash around and there are those that do but it doesn't make any of both groups non-atheistic. There are closet atheists(and most likely, they do go to church) and outspoken atheists, they are both atheist.

It is in humanity's best interests to expose, bash and ridicule ideologies that divides them, exploit them and hinders their progress. Religion is one of those ideologies. Hope it's clear.

5 Likes

Re: An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! by Elthugnificent(m): 10:56am On Jan 07, 2018
konjinus:
converted to the religion of atheism? More like you try a sex position called Abstinence?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! by correctguy101(m): 11:07am On Jan 07, 2018
OP don Kolo.
Wtf is "Do I have to pretend to like Satan?"

1 Like

Re: An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! by johnydon22(m): 12:22pm On Jan 07, 2018
GraGra247:

Define atheists?

Yes. People decide what they want to do with their time or what topic to discuss or criticize.

This is your definition of real atheist?

From what dictionary did you get this from please?

We call this nonsense: true scotsman fallacy.

I could argue that real christians do not say anything about atheists or criticize them, in fact real christians abstain from church with their atheist families.

and going by this view of who a real christian is, we could say you are not a real christian.

Savy?

3 Likes

Re: An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! by Amberon11: 1:15pm On Jan 07, 2018
Foolish atheists can't tell this is sarcasm. grin

1 Like

Re: An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! by Martinez19(m): 1:31pm On Jan 07, 2018
Amberon11:
Foolish atheists can't tell this is sarcasm. grin
We know it's sarcasm but the message that atheist automatically live to bash religion is clearly in his sarcasm. Foolish theist can't see that.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! by budaatum: 7:52pm On Jan 07, 2018
konjinus:

30 Keys To Being An Effective Atheist

With pleasure.
Re: An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! by Nobody: 12:30am On Jan 08, 2018
It is true that in the past atheists on this site have been, and in a very few recent cases can be quite aggressive, but this was borne out of the many experiences a lot of them went through as Christians, the attacks from Christians themselves, and the suffering inflicted on the weak and poor by the false Christianity being practised in Nigeria.

I keep saying this , if Christians truly lived and behaved like Christ in word, deed and thought, and if they respected everybody else irrespective of religious inclination, there will be peace on Nairaland and Atheists will be less likely to attack them.

The issue is most Christians are very unchristlike, they are arrogant, condescending and insulting of other people who are not like them. Indeed, they even attack themselves round the clock, they attack Muslims 365 days a year and yet they want people to be quiet?

When Jesus was reviled, he did not revile back, when he was cursed he did not curse back, when he was persecuted he did not attack his persecutors, he was a true LAMB displaying godly traits of patience, humility and love.

Many professing Christians are just church goers, no more no less.

2 Likes

Re: An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 08, 2018
ifenes:

Let’s say you became irreligious and that doesn’t mean you have automatically become civilised, you just don’t fear hell fire and the wrath of the ferocious Christian idea of god anymore. However you need to understand that your actions are still your own responsibility. You still need to work on yourself and be a difference. You must show others that being a positively changed person without a book is possible. You cannot forcibly change others.

Respect and give the Christians enough room to decide their own fate, not by attacks and calling them silly names. Look at Frosbel, he is a changed man but still respectful

Majority of the so called “atheists” on here are still a product of aggressive Christian methods of bully, low interaction skill, primitive ways of reasoning etc. Being a bully is not what you want. Sometimes out of 100 folk,you might only make sense to one person and that’s enough. Your mental growth should be your priority, and don’t just follow others, be yourself.

I am deist, but well said Pal ! cheesy
Re: An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! by MrPresident1: 12:51am On Jan 08, 2018
frosbel2:

I am deist, but well said Pal ! cheesy

What is a deist?
Re: An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! by Nobody: 1:09am On Jan 08, 2018
MrPresident1:

What is a deist?

A believer in the ONE True GOD which should be THEIST.

Sorry, I am a THEIST, not DEIST.
Re: An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! by johnydon22(m): 1:11am On Jan 08, 2018
frosbel2:

A believer in the ONE True GOD which should be THEIST.

Sorry, I am a THEIST, not DEIST.

Confused much grin
Re: An Athiest Is Backsliding, Pls Help!!! by Nobody: 1:14am On Jan 08, 2018
johnydon22:

Confused much grin

Not really - why? smiley

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Will Die Before Election, I Am Saying The Truth- Says Prophet Akinbodunse / Same Woman Used By Two Nigerian Pastors For The Same Miracle. / Have You Ever Wondered Why Some Rocks Have Humanlike Faces ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.