Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,056 members, 7,807,175 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic (8318 Views)

6 Tips On How To Choose A Car Mechanic / Top 7 Major Facts You Don’t Know About Lexus. (PHOTOS) / As A Car Mechanic, What Is The Most Strange Faults You Have Found On An Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by Automotive1(m): 4:02am On Jan 07, 2018
[img]https:///a/img922/6359/wTLFq0.jpg[/img]

A mechanic can be a car owner's best friend or worst nightmare. When minor or major car problem arises,we depend heavily on the mechanic to diagnose and repair the issue in as little time as possible. These are top qualities and attributes you must look for in a professional car mechanic

1)Customer Service Skills
A good mechanic should be able to relate well to customers. Mechanic should have the skill to communicate effectively with customers and put them at ease about the diagnosis and repair suggestions.

2)Good Communication Skills
A good mechanic should have an excellent communication skills and should able to translate complex technical terms into simple/broken english for the average customer.

3)Labor Practices
If there is a quick way to do a job versus a better way to do it, which one will your mechanic choose? Will they charge you fairly for a lasting quality repair or charge you less for inferior work that makes you to return sooner?

4)Pricing
Consider how their pricing compares to other mechanics. Are they the cheapest? Why? Are they the most expensive? Why? Good work that costs more now will be less painful on your bank account than lesser quality work that is cheap,which needs to be revisited multiple times.

5)Good Diagnostic Skills
Your mechanic should apply skill and effort towards diagnosing problems instead of guessing with parts? You should always be given a good reason to replace a part.

6)Up to date Technology
Vehicles and technology are continually evolving, and a good mechanics stay on top of these changes so they can best serve you better.

7)Certified
While certification is not a requirement of mechanics, it demonstrates a sense of motivation and ambition to both employers and customers.

Cars today are extremely complex machines, and their unique characteristics vary heavily from brand to brand. Make sure your mechanic is skilled in your specific vehicle brand since special tools and procedures are required to correctly service or repair your car.

You are free to add more

Source https://autojosh.com/top-7-qualities-attributes-must-look-professional-car-mechanic/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44

4 Likes

Re: Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by kkon(m): 5:32am On Jan 07, 2018
I need a gud mechanic in Lagos can you recommend any.
Re: Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by purem(m): 7:17am On Jan 07, 2018
Me wey no kon geh moto nko

Ho sori, I shouldn't be talking like a poor man cool

Olohun! I really need to get my own PC before dis yr runs out o embarassed

Isha Allah

By nature grace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by Naijaphobia(m): 7:18am On Jan 07, 2018
My own mechanic meditates and receives divine solutions to your car issue. He diagnoses your car consulting Ogun and advises on the right incantations that will give your car adequate insurance. I have never regretted patronizing Saheed Elesho who's workshrine is at Ikorodu.

4 Likes

Re: Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by saintruky(m): 7:18am On Jan 07, 2018
kkon:
I need a gud mechanic in Lagos can you recommend any.
Here I am
Re: Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by Damoxy(m): 7:18am On Jan 07, 2018
Number 8 is TRUST
I can't drop a Car with Full Fuel Tank and come back to see to see my fuel below quarter of my fuel Tank.

Number 9 is KEEPING TO TIME
I think it is common amongst naija artisans sha. Na Tailors worse pass.

7 Likes

Re: Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by kkon(m): 7:20am On Jan 07, 2018
saintruky:

Here I am
drop your number so we can talk.
Re: Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by Shitface(m): 7:21am On Jan 07, 2018
Hahahahahaha
Did i see certificate?

A good Nigerian mechanic must
1)always have oil stain on his old worn out work clothes.
2)always look like they have not taken their bath in centuries and must smell of engine oil.
3)have boys around him ready to learn from their oga.
4)must have a reputation of fixing cars fine and with good pricing.

And least I forget, his workplace must have LOTS of spoilt cars, the larger the number of spoilt cars, the more people will rush to his mechanic shop.

10 Likes

Re: Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by Doerstech(m): 7:24am On Jan 07, 2018
Good one....this is now a serious business, and another innoson can spring forth from there.

Re: Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by Aldebaran(m): 7:24am On Jan 07, 2018
Some mechanics are demons while others are Angels in disguise grin

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by xreal: 7:31am On Jan 07, 2018
let me check the list again..
I rate my mechanic in stars from 0-5stars.

1.Customer service skill⭐⭐⭐⭐
2.Good communicatikn skill⭐⭐⭐⭐(he communicates well in his native language and dialect)
3.Labour practices ⭐⭐⭐⭐
4.Pricing⭐⭐⭐
5.Up to date technology ⭐
6. Certification ⭐⭐

Yes, my mechanic is my very good friend.
His workshop has become a relaxation place for me after work. Several business deals have been sealed at his shop. You see professionals from all works of life at my mechanics shop, we all have become family (including the mechanic).

I remember we all attended his wedding in mega styles, I got chatting with a friend to his bride and she asked if we all were mechanics like the groom.

Today is sunday, we don't gather at his place.
I can't wait for tomorrow evening to be at his place.

[img]https://media1./images/ff829981655eacccb0109628e44ffe9f/tenor.gif?itemid=5747987[/img]

6 Likes

Re: Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 07, 2018
nices
Re: Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by ayampissed: 7:42am On Jan 07, 2018
A good naija mechanic receives series of calls while working on your vehicle wink
Re: Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by stevio(m): 7:51am On Jan 07, 2018
NO MATTER HOW GOOD ANY MECHANIC IS,HE MUST HAVE PEOPLE/CLIENTS WHO THINK HE'S NOT FIT FOR THE JOB.
Bottom line is you can't satisfy every client as a professional,you win some,you loose some,either way,just be the best at what you do.
Re: Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by pol23: 7:52am On Jan 07, 2018
For Ladipo or Itire?
Sometimes I wish I can handle my car,this quacks called Mechanics give you nothing but headache.
Re: Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by marooh: 7:55am On Jan 07, 2018
Trust 9ja mechanic

Mech: na 5000 u go pay for dis work

Me: wetin dey worry d motor first...

Mech: u wan teach my work

Me lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by amedualiyu(m): 8:09am On Jan 07, 2018
own mechanic meditates and receives divine solutions to your car issue. He diagnoses your car consulting Ogun and advises on the right incantations that will give your car adequate insurance. I have never regretted patronizing Saheed Elesho who's workshrine is at Ikorodu.

Can I have his number please. I stay ikorodu also
Re: Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by MrMakaveli20(m): 8:12am On Jan 07, 2018
[quote author=xreal post=63965753]let me check the list again..

2.Good communicatikn skill⭐⭐⭐⭐(he communicates well in his native language and dialect)
3.Labour practices ⭐⭐⭐⭐
4.Pricing⭐⭐⭐
6. Certification ⭐⭐

His workshop has become a relaxation place for me after work. Several business deals have been sealed at his shop. You see professionals from all works of life at my mechanics shop, we all have become family (including the mechanic).

I remember we all attended his wedding in mega styles, I got chatting with a friend to his bride and she asked if we all were mechanics like the groom.

same with me. I go to my mechanic workshop to hangout, discuss politics and seal deals. They are not educated, but such lively, happy and jovial folks to be around with.
Re: Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by xreal: 8:24am On Jan 07, 2018
MrMakaveli20:
same with me. I go to my mechanic workshop to hangout, discuss politics and seal deals. They are not educated, but such lively, happy and jovial folks to be around with.

So correct.
Re: Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by eedriy: 8:27am On Jan 07, 2018
Ok
Re: Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by FreshMekanik: 10:19am On Jan 07, 2018
Re: Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by Inception(m): 11:51am On Jan 07, 2018
ZGazzzzzzzzzzuuuuuuuzzzzzz

Why does that sound like engine backfire undecided
Re: Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by hardon1(m): 2:52pm On Jan 07, 2018
You haven’t said anything. Ou just go do copy and paste.
To me the number one quality in any mechanic is integrity. This is one quality most of them lack. I prefer a truthful mechanic to one with 100yrs experience
Re: Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by globalfanz(m): 6:53pm On Jan 07, 2018
Technically poor information. Mechanic is not office work. Research and give better presentation.
Re: Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by zadokokezie(m): 11:42am On Jan 08, 2018
as an intending mechanic I am loving dis thread....

picking up some skill 2 get me ready for d future ahead wink

please I would appreciate any advice from my highly valued future customers....

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by kayb2gx(m): 3:50pm On Jan 08, 2018
xreal:
let me check the list again..

3.Labour practices ⭐⭐⭐⭐
4.Pricing⭐⭐⭐
6. Certification ⭐⭐

[img]https://media1./images/ff829981655eacccb0109628e44ffe9f/tenor.gif?itemid=5747987[/img]

Sir, who is this your mechanic?
Re: Top 7 Qualities And Attributes You Must Look For In A Professional Car Mechanic by VehicleUnit: 6:32pm On May 28, 2018
good pricing an up-to-date technology is very key. there is no need for paying for the service standard not rendered. pricing and valued service received should balance.

hence, i prefer an auto repairer with:

1) good skill

2) better pricing

3) having a good technical know how with latest tech possible.

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Know If The Nigerian Used Car You Bought Is Stolen? / Is it Alright To Drive A Newly-bought Car Without A License Plate In Nigeria? / Fuel Pumps In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.