Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other (29091 Views)

Four Plus Zero - Nigerians Say No To Buhari / Biafra: Muhammadu Buhari's Re-Election Bid Is A Welcome Development - IPOB / Femi Adesina: "No More Importing & Exporting Of Fuel By 2019". Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by YungPrinzz(m): 1:28pm On Jan 07, 2018
blackbeau1:
It's like whoever organised the poll doesn't know Nigerians. They have short term memory because if they didn't , they would never have voted for him in the first place . Two months to that time if Buhari comes up with some money to share to most of them , they will vote for him again

Before nko!!!
Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by opribo(m): 1:35pm On Jan 07, 2018
They say only a mad man continues to repeat the same thing over and over and expects a different result.

Our elders have a saying that if a journey is smooth we will repeat the journey twice.
But this particular APC ride has been of hell of a ride.

Someone once said — 'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, it's impossible because I won't let it happen.
Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by Bollinger(m): 1:51pm On Jan 07, 2018
excess4luv:

you are still in LAMENTATIONS CHAPTER 1 VERSE 1,
but wait oo... I resemble Zombie for your eyes...

take time ooo

You may or may not be a zombie but one thing for sure is, you like all other Nigerians attribute your current predicament to one individual. Meanwhile you condition as a people is caused by over one hundred and seventy million individuals. Is this the first time in Nigeria's history that there have been fuel scarcity, or massive corruption in government, or incompetence in government, or lack of power supply, etc. This has been going on forever. Since independence in fact. The only reason you don't realize this is because, just like everyone else in Nigeria, no one bothers to study it's history and a people who neglect their history are doomed to continue to repeat it.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by SamsonJohn743(m): 1:53pm On Jan 07, 2018
APC=bastards of a thousand fathers.
Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by Kay25(m): 2:03pm On Jan 07, 2018
Firefire:
Muhomodu Buhary will not go unpunished.

At the fullness of time either to man at The Hague (international criminal court) or to the creator of the universe, he (Buhari) will account for all the atrocities, blood & souls murdered in his administration.

"Proverbs 11:21 - [Though] hand [join] in hand, the evil man shall not be unpunished..."

Btw:

We are not unaware of Mohomodu Buhary's plans to rig the 2019 election through the appointed Northern INEC Chairman. But you and your fellow rogues will surely FAIL in your enterprise.

Because:

mene, mene, tekel, parsin

“Here is what these words mean:

Mene[e]: God has numbered the days of your reign and brought it to an end.

Tekel[f]: You have been weighed on the scales and found wanting.

Peres[g]: Your kingdom (Government) is divided and given to the Medes and Persians (those with brain & the fear of God)”
dis comment gave me a relief that there are still sensible folks in dis kwauntry thank u for dis

1 Like

Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by Kellz193: 2:26pm On Jan 07, 2018
honourhim:
I supported Buhari before but i say no to him now i
So you now realized how stupid you were before??

Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by Blissp99(f): 2:34pm On Jan 07, 2018
Some people are So heartless and Wicked
The future of a Nation is been held back by a Dullard for Selfish and Abnormal reasons due to his unseriousness,Incompetence and Authoritative decisions
1. Someone comes out to say Buhari (North) should complete 8years and handover to the West
Must every thing be about Politics
All the care about is to get appointments from him once hes in the position
They dont care abt the dying masses in de same north

God knows his people,he will feed,clothe and provide for der everday need
They will all regret it one way or the oda
He should change from dis his change,its not hepling anyone even his family
Becos when the Righteous Rules the people rejoice
Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by omoelerin1: 2:45pm On Jan 07, 2018
See as Igbo people dey happy on this thread.
Believe this pool at your own peril. After all, it is news from Lagos- Ibadan express way.
Yeye people.
Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by Valarmoghulis(m): 2:54pm On Jan 07, 2018
omenkaLives:
Of course at a time like this when there's a sudden spike in the bloodletting, any leader, no matter how good, would likely get such results when a poll is conducted.

Both tempers and emotions are running very high and it is very unlikely a critical and holistic assessment of all indices would be done by individuals before responding to such polls.

It is likely if similar poll is conducted couple of months from now, after the anger over the "fulani" crisis seems to have subsided per dissipated, the results would be starkly different.

The number one thing on their mind would be Fulani and then herdsmen followed by killings.

Has Buhari committed any offense by being born a Fulani man? Do we choose our tribes from birth?

Buhari is a Fulani man, and it won't be difficult for those who try to gain political leverage from these tragic events to directly blame him for the killings. In fact, they have gone all out to say Buhari directly gave orders to those beasts to kill these people for political reasons.

Then comes this question I wish someone could answer: Exactly what political capital would Buhari gain by wrecking havoc in the Middle Belt which happens to be APC stronghold!!?

Benue, Kogi, Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau, are all APC states. Why would they want to sabotage their own chances of victory at the polls?

Bad as the events are, when we approach discussions about them dispassionately (a nearly impossible thing to do) a clearer picture would emerge.

Buhari is to blame because the buck stops at his table when it comes to securing the lives and properties of citizens of this country. In respect of this, we (including my humble self) can definitely blame him for these incidences, but trying to put the blame on him because the alleged perpetrators are from the same tribe as him, as is currently the practice, is WRONG!

b]This has been the bone of contention between myself and these PDP supporters who can't go a second without mentioning my moniker on the forum saying I'm supporting someone killing my people. Buhari isn't "killing my people" any more than Jonathan "killed" them. Both men failed in SECURING THEIR LIVES AS NIGERIANS.[/b]

Oh, by the way, Buhari hasn't told anyone he's re-contesting yet.
always reasoning from the behind,.
Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by excess4luv: 2:54pm On Jan 07, 2018
Bollinger:

You may or may not be a zombie but one thing for sure is, you like all other Nigerians attribute your current predicament to one individual. Meanwhile you condition as a people is caused by over one hundred and seventy million individuals. Is this the first time in Nigeria's history that there have been fuel scarcity, or massive corruption in government, or incompetence in government, or lack of power supply, etc. This has been going on forever. Since independence in fact. The only reason you don't realize this is because, just like everyone else in Nigeria, no one bothers to study it's history and a people who neglect their history are doomed to continue to repeat it.

Do you understand why Buhari is a case study here??
I doubt.
No Nigerian is looking for a perfect Nigeria, some of us "wailers" read history before the 2015 polls, we clamoured for sustenance of what we had and possible improvement just for the country to remain afloat but some myopic zombies couldn't see far with us, they brandished their SAI BABA and even repackaged an empty vessel and sold to Nigerians as "the Messiah ", this is 2018 and look at what is left of the country, within ten months of this administration companies began to fold up, we couldn't power supply, corruption began to breed at topmost gear, we decelerated from economic viable country to depression, lots of killings, divisions across ethnic tribes, gross ineptitude on governance, selective war on corruption and the lots.

Today, we are all suffering the consequences of a propaganda administration.

what do you want
Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by TEEBANCING(m): 3:01pm On Jan 07, 2018
excess4luv:

I doubt.
No Nigerian is looking for a perfect Nigeria, some of us "wailers" read history before the 2015 polls, we clamoured for sustenance of what we had and possible improvement just for the country to remain afloat but some myopic zombies couldn't see far with us, they brandished their SAI BABA and even repackaged an empty vessel and sold to Nigerians as "the Messiah ", this is 2018 and look at what is left of the country, within ten months of this administration companies began to fold up, we couldn't power supply, corruption began to breed at topmost gear, we decelerated from economic viable country to depression, lots of killings, divisions across ethnic tribes, gross ineptitude on governance, selective war on corruption and the lots.

what do you want
[color=#000099][/color]We said more than this during 2015 presidential election. One thing am sure of is He who is destined to win will never lose and he who's destined to lose will never win.
#NigeriansAreWise.
Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by TEEBANCING(m): 3:02pm On Jan 07, 2018
We said more than this during 2015 presidential election. One thing am sure of is He who is destined to win will never lose and he who's destined to lose will never win.
#NigeriansAreWise.
Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by eazydon(m): 3:19pm On Jan 07, 2018
Bede2u:
Omenka this was childish of u. A poll was conducted and Buhari lost. It is that simple grin

Followed by bad roads, inflation, police and military brutality, boko haram killings, how hard getting a visa to any country has become, the fact the there is constant light in Ghana and cameroon, the fact that salaries are owed many workers, the fact that Buhari has been very insensitve to the plight of people, the fact that all corrupt people are free, Maina gate.... too many things will be on their minds omenka
Fulanis are among the most loved tribes in Nigeria...because of their beauty and light skin. Igbos (ur worst enemies) generally take Yar'adua as Nigeria's best president since 1999. He is Fulani. Nobody is hating on Buhari for his tribe...he is hated for his mentality.
Yes...even GEJ who wasnt even hausa (or Igbo for that matter) was directly blamed for starting boko haram as pay back for the civil war. So get with the programme undecided
It doesnt need to be partisan political capital. It can be an expansion of fulani territory and domain. History knows that the Fula tribe spread through out west and central Africa by invasion of other tribes (Ilorin kingdom and the hausa states being potent examples also jos). As at today, Bubu is the leader of that Fula tribe. (Like Dan Fodio was 230 years ago)
because he trusts that u all will be too foolish to realise what he is doing omenka undecided
I hope a clearer picture has started to emerge in your mind? Lol I guess not. After all are u not the chief Zone B cordinator? cheesy
As u should. You are right here for blaming him Nope most people are not blaming him for that. He responded swiftly to Niger Delta militancy, to IPOB ''rants'', but never to fulani killing. U get the point? Sure u still dont
I share ur sentiments here because i voted Buhari too in 2015. Check my older posts. But this is 2018 my guy.
He has. Amechi is his re-election cordinator.

Thank you for lecturing the ever-docile, ever-self denying Omenka
Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by Bollinger(m): 3:20pm On Jan 07, 2018
excess4luv:

I doubt.

what do you want

You have still answered the key question. Is this the first time you have seen this happen? The obvious answer is no. The next question is, why does it keep happening? The obvious answer is also there. You all just don't want to face it. Hence the repetition of history.
Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by nayosman: 3:24pm On Jan 07, 2018
Anybody that wants Buhari back in 2019 is a lunatic.
Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 3:40pm On Jan 07, 2018
If majority of Nigerians are not convinced by his performance, he should be thrown out.

No time!

Additionally, Igbos ARE CURSED ANIMALS!
Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by smileyoo: 3:41pm On Jan 07, 2018
afroniger:
Buhari and his Fulani herdsmen brothers deserve their own country. All fulanis, Atiku, el-rufai included, are all complicit in the herdsmen atrocities sweeping the country because they are behaving as if they don't care. Fulanis deserve their own separate country because they are not fit to live among sane people. angry angry
the truth is that if bubu really want to stop these hardsmen madness, its very easy for him because as a fulani-sitting president, he only need to his fulani brothers on the for peace to reign, and back it up with tough action of arresting & punishing the perpetrators, without mercy. when they see they can no more kill for free, they 'll stop.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by excess4luv: 3:53pm On Jan 07, 2018
Bollinger:

You have still answered the key question. Is this the first time you have seen this happen? The obvious answer is no. The next question is, why does it keep happening? The obvious answer is also there. You all just don't want to face it. Hence the repetition of history.

if you were in this country during 2015 elections, you probably will understand why.

the major clamour of every sensible Nigerian now is to unseat Buhari, then we take it from there. We can't get the best but I'm afraid of the legacies this administration is leaving behind so it doesn't become a reoccurring decimal.
Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by jrusky(m): 3:55pm On Jan 07, 2018
CplusJason:
Get out of this thread.

He should not only get out after he get out he must get lost never seen again as well.
Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by CplusJason: 3:58pm On Jan 07, 2018
jrusky:

He should not only get out after he get out he must get lost never seen again as well.
That guy just be like he dumb governor.
Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by Bollinger(m): 4:05pm On Jan 07, 2018
excess4luv:

if you were in this country during 2015 elections, you probably will understand why.

the major clamour of every sensible Nigerian now is to unseat Buhari, then we take it from there. We can't get the best but I'm afraid of the legacies this administration is leaving behind so it doesn't become a reoccurring decimal.

You still do not want to answer the question. You keep pointing out the symptoms. I know Buhari has failed woefully as expected. It may not have been obvious then that he would fail but i knew a mile out. How did i know? Based on Nigeria's history, there was nothing to indicate he would do better than his predecessors. Same way i know that with the current trajectory Nigeria is on, the next 50 elections will only produce far worse leaders. I ask again, why do you think this keeps happening?

1 Like

Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by Sunnyja: 4:06pm On Jan 07, 2018
kitaatita:
Most of the people who vote in elections are not found in online media. Buhari is still popular among the college educated middle class accross the country; as well as regular people in the North West and North East. He is not so popular with the youths in the South, especially South East. The summary is that he remains electable.
The likes of you are the ones hiding the truth from the president. What a shame.
Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 07, 2018
obonujoker:

Why won't he step down?? you think this is 2984 or what??
And what will you do if he doesn't?
Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by jacyhelen(f): 4:18pm On Jan 07, 2018
Firefire:
Muhomodu Buhary will not go unpunished.

At the fullness of time either to man at The Hague (international criminal court) or to the creator of the universe, he (Buhari) will account for all the atrocities, blood & souls murdered in his administration.

"Proverbs 11:21 - [Though] hand [join] in hand, the evil man shall not be unpunished..."

Btw:

We are not unaware of Mohomodu Buhary's plans to rig the 2019 election through the appointed Northern INEC Chairman. But you and your fellow rogues will surely FAIL in your enterprise.

Because:

mene, mene, tekel, parsin

“Here is what these words mean:

Mene[e]: God has numbered the days of your reign and brought it to an end.

Tekel[f]: You have been weighed on the scales and found wanting.

Peres[g]: Your kingdom (Government) is divided and given to the Medes and Persians (those with brain & the fear of God)”

bubu till 2090
I will vote buhari in 2019 as a payback to those mad ppl that voted for him in 2015....
we must finish this pepper together....
ndi ara.....
Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by jacyhelen(f): 4:19pm On Jan 07, 2018
Evablizin:

I reject buhari,with all my strength,with all my might and with everything within and without me.

Corruption must go.

Patiently waiting for someone to shout sai baba.

bubu till 2090
I will vote buhari in 2019 as a payback to those mad ppl that voted for him in 2015....
ndi ara.....
Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by obong003(m): 4:22pm On Jan 07, 2018
omenkaLives:
Of course at a time like this when there's a sudden spike in the bloodletting, any leader, no matter how good, would likely get such results when a poll is conducted.

Both tempers and emotions are running very high and it is very unlikely a critical and holistic assessment of all indices would be done by individuals before responding to such polls.

It is likely if similar poll is conducted couple of months from now, after the anger over the "fulani" crisis seems to have subsided per dissipated, the results would be starkly different.

The number one thing on their mind would be Fulani and then herdsmen followed by killings.

Has Buhari committed any offense by being born a Fulani man? Do we choose our tribes from birth?

Buhari is a Fulani man, and it won't be difficult for those who try to gain political leverage from these tragic events to directly blame him for the killings. In fact, they have gone all out to say Buhari directly gave orders to those beasts to kill these people for political reasons.

Then comes this question I wish someone could answer: Exactly what political capital would Buhari gain by wrecking havoc in the Middle Belt which happens to be APC stronghold!!?

Benue, Kogi, Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau, are all APC states. Why would they want to sabotage their own chances of victory at the polls?

Bad as the events are, when we approach discussions about them dispassionately (a nearly impossible thing to do) a clearer picture would emerge.

Buhari is to blame because the buck stops at his table when it comes to securing the lives and properties of citizens of this country. In respect of this, we (including my humble self) can definitely blame him for these incidences, but trying to put the blame on him because the alleged perpetrators are from the same tribe as him, as is currently the practice, is WRONG!

b]This has been the bone of contention between myself and these PDP supporters who can't go a second without mentioning my moniker on the forum saying I'm supporting someone killing my people. Buhari isn't "killing my people" any more than Jonathan "killed" them. Both men failed in SECURING THEIR LIVES AS NIGERIANS.[/b]

[b]Oh, by the way, Buhari hasn't told anyone he's re-contesting yet.[/b]

But he has chosen a campaign manager.
Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by excess4luv: 4:24pm On Jan 07, 2018
Bollinger:

You still do not want to answer the question. You keep pointing out the symptoms. I know Buhari has failed woefully as expected. It may not have been obvious then that he would fail but i knew a mile out. How did i know? Based on Nigeria's history, there was nothing to indicate he would do better than his predecessors. Same way i know that with the current trajectory Nigeria is on, the next 50 elections will only produce far worse leaders. I ask again, why do you think this keeps happening?

the ethnic and religious lines has kept us this way, thus producing visionless leaders marred with bigotry and sentiments. watch the 2019 buildup to understand better
Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by jacyhelen(f): 4:38pm On Jan 07, 2018
honourhim:
I supported Buhari before but i say no to him now i

bubu till 2090
ndi ara.....
Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by Bollinger(m): 4:40pm On Jan 07, 2018
excess4luv:

the ethnic and religious lines has kept us this way, thus producing visionless leaders marred with bigotry and sentiments. watch the 2019 buildup to understand better

Again, still dissecting the symptoms. The Reason America, Britain, Germany, Scotland, etc, are great countries is not because of one leader. It is because of it's people. It's citizens are the reason these countries churn out one good leader after another. This is a proven fact. In contrast, Nigeria is filled with bad citizens hence the reason they will continue to have one bad leader after another. I don't know if you realize this but leaders come from the citizenry. If the citizenry does not change, the country will continue to have bad leaders. Play any of Fela's songs and you'll think he just released them yesterday. Nigerians keep blaming it's leaders but gladly vote for the same ones who perpetuate their circumstance. How does that make sense? In the face of oppression, the citizenry has tremendous power to do something. Not doing anything indicates they are comfortable with the status quo.
Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by excess4luv: 5:27pm On Jan 07, 2018
Bollinger:

Again, still dissecting the symptoms. The Reason America, Britain, Germany, Scotland, etc, are great countries is not because of one leader. It is because of it's people. It's citizens are the reason these countries churn out one good leader after another. This is a proven fact. In contrast, Nigeria is filled with bad citizens hence the reason they will continue to have one bad leader after another. I don't know if you realize this but leaders come from the citizenry. If the citizenry does not change, the country will continue to have bad leaders. Play any of Fela's songs and you'll think he just released them yesterday. Nigerians keep blaming it's leaders but gladly vote for the same ones who perpetuate their circumstance. How does that make sense? In the face of oppression, the citizenry has tremendous power to do something. Not doing anything indicates they are comfortable with the status quo.

Bollinger:

Bollinger:

Britain, America Scotland and Germany as you listed aren't as complicated as we have here, bad citizens with powerful ethnic and religious divide will never produce best leaders, all we clamour for is a stable government not as robust as the countries you mentioned above. Again it pains my heart when any Nigerian begins to compare our system with that of a developed country like America in leadership and politics, we aren't at per with them and can't get there in 50years, we are dynamic people facing lots of depression daily which affects our reasoning.

Get my point here, we are never gonna be as developed as America in 70years from now but we can get better from where we are. Trust me we can get leadership only if we eschew these entanglements.
Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by Firefire(m): 6:08pm On Jan 07, 2018
jacyhelen:

bubu till 2090
ndi ara.....

Sis. Please don't oooo. tongue
Re: 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other by 18SNVL: 6:09pm On Jan 07, 2018
You must be a hack or a troll to mention Atiku here.

Atiku2019:
We All Stand With Atiku

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ezekwesili To DSS: Stop Embarrassing Yourself, Tell Us Truth Of Emefiele Matter / 'Northern Stakeholders Will Leave PDP If Wike Mistakenly Emerges As A Candidate' / Ultimate Solution To The Boko Haram Problem In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.