Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,926 members, 7,799,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies (39384 Views)

W202 1999 Mercedes C Class Upgraded To 2013 C Class W204. Hit Or Miss? / 2021 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Interior Spied With Massive Infotainment Touchscreen / How To Solve The C Class W202 Recurrent Power Window Problems. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 17, 2018
Philadelphia:

That's why Mercedes made the Maybach to be compared with the Bentley or Rolls-Royce.

True.

And the AMG division to go after Audi S series, BMW M series, etc

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 17, 2018
Speaking of Mercedes AMG.

Pic 1 is the first AMG
Pic 2 is my 67 250S that I wanted to make into an AMG clone
Pic 3 is the same car after I cleaned up the paint
Pic 4 is my 72 250S

Yeah, I drive other cars but I love classic Benz.

AMG = Aufrecht Melcher Grossaspach

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by cyborg123(m): 9:30pm On Jan 17, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Speaking of Mercedes AMG.

Pic 1 is the first AMG
AMG = Aufrecht Melcher Grossaspach
Wow... kiss kiss
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 17, 2018
EgunMogaji ypu don drive cars for this life time o! I love classic Mercedes benz and bmw
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 17, 2018
dumo1:
EgunMogaji ypu don drive cars for this life time o! I love classic Mercedes benz and bmw

It’s my weakness.

Motorcycles na another matter too.

May god gives us what we want but not what will kill us.

I love BMW too. Some of mine. I am riding the bike today. BMW too grin

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 17, 2018
cyborg123:

cheesy I'll do that in the day tomorrow. But I guess you know the car from my old moniker.

Modified: The thread on the making of my illuminated logo is here: https://www.nairaland.com/2897043/making-installation-diy-illuminated-benz
i remember this project so well. You are still driving that benz till now?
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by cyborg123(m): 11:19pm On Jan 17, 2018
dumo1:
i remember this project so well. You are still driving that benz till now?
grin
Yes, I am. I've made other mods since then though.

The three pointed star truely never dies. grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 17, 2018
cyborg123:

grin

True, it just never dies. What other modifications did you do though?
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by cyborg123(m): 11:53pm On Jan 17, 2018
dumo1:

True, it just never dies. What other modifications did you do though?

1. Installation of air cleaner / OEM filter assembly to the engine intake to give the engine clean air. It also gives the engine a characteristic roar.

2. Installation of an Idle Speed Controller + modified IACV to regulate engine speed when the gear is engaged.

3. Changing of two front windows from manual to power windows. I dislike cranking windows manually especially while driving.

4. Installation of a double DIN audio system with better aesthetics and acoustics.

5. Replacement of Instrument Cluster + in-tank fuel sender unit to eliminate erratic fuel guage operation.

6 Integration of an electronic oil pressure monitoring light to the new cluster to monitor the electronic signal from the M111 engine oil pressure sensor.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 12:02am On Jan 18, 2018
cyborg123:

1. Installation of air cleaner / OEM filter assembly to the engine intake to give the engine clean air. It also gives the engine a characteristic roar.

2. Installation of an Idle Speed Controller + modified IACV to regulate engine speed when the gear is engaged.

3. Changing of two front windows from manual to power windows. I dislike cranking windows manually especially while driving.

4. Installation of a double DIN audio system with better aesthetics and acoustics.

5. Replacement of Instrument Cluster + in-tank fuel sender unit to eliminate erratic fuel guage operation.

6 Integration of an electronic oil pressure monitoring light to the new cluster to monitor the electronic signal from the M111 engine oil pressure sensor.
Ah! Oga mi. All these lovely modifications and you didn't update your thread. Na wa o!
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by cyborg123(m): 12:14am On Jan 18, 2018
dumo1:

Ah! Oga mi. All this lovely modifications and you didn't update your thread. Na wa o!
I'm sorry boss. I will try to create threads on each mod later to explain the processes involved while using the few pictures I still have.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 1:10am On Jan 18, 2018
cyborg123:

I'm sorry boss. I will try to create threads on each mod later to explain the processes involved while using the few pictures I still have.
That will be super cool so that we can all learn from it grin

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by MrBigiman: 9:45am On Jan 18, 2018
cyborg123:

grin

How's the movement of this ride. Does it consume fuel so much and how much do u spend on maintainance.
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by cyborg123(m): 10:37am On Jan 18, 2018
MrBigiman:

How's the movement of this ride. Does it consume fuel so much and how much do u spend on maintainance.
It moves very well especially when you give it maximum throttle for kickdown.

Fuel consumption? I will say very ok. Because of how I drive, I can't say conclusively.

Maintenance cost? I only service the engine between 3 - 6 months. The only repairs I have carried out on the engine in 5 years of use is timing chain replacement due to a noted rattling sound. And also belt tensioner replacement.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by MrBigiman: 10:42am On Jan 18, 2018
cyborg123:

It moves very well especially when you give it maximum throttle for kickdown.

Fuel consumption? I will say very ok. Because of how I drive, I can't say conclusively.

Maintenance cost? I only service the engine between 3 - 6 months. The only repairs I have carried out in 5 years of use is timing chain replacement due to a noted rattling sound. And also belt tensioner replacement.

Impressive.

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by sonety2k(m): 12:05pm On Jan 19, 2018
cool
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by dokiOloye(m): 1:35pm On Jan 19, 2018
EgunMogaji:

It’s my weakness.

Motorcycles na another matter too.

May god gives us what we want but not what will kill us.

I love BMW too. Some of mine. I am riding the bike today. BMW too grin
My oga.
You are living my dream.Kudos

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 6:37am On Jan 25, 2018
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 09, 2018
cyborg123:
Wow... kiss kiss
Egbon,how many car you get sef
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by cyborg123(m): 10:58am On Feb 09, 2018
SAVEDBABA:
Egbon,how many car you get sef
grin
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by cyborg123(m): 10:59am On Feb 09, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Video of 1886 Mercedes Benz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E88I8lm6vNc

Starting the engine seems to be a lot of work. grin

Highly impressive for that era though.
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 09, 2018
kingreign:

bullocks the Camry and accord out sells the best selling Mercedes for a reason. now a days the gap in the wow factors in Benz has been closed in by mid class sedans. When last did we see real genuine wood in a Benz C class?

I'd still say it, you buy Benz cos of name and cos of passion not cos of reasonable logical rational thinking.

I got stuffs to do, this is my last debate here.
price and repair cost is the only reason in the world a jap will outsell a German,stop advocating mediocrity and say the truth,for once!haba
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by IkpuMmadu: 4:13am On Feb 10, 2018
BERNIMOORE:
forget it which Camry are you talking about? Camry 2.7 muscle 2009 model v6 is faster and more durable, yes Benz are cool but it doesn't pick fast when accelerated until it has transmitted gear twice because it is heavier and uses back axle compared to the camry front wheel drive always red hot in cruising, light weight less fuel consumption. Its a personal choice though.

You no dey shame....you dey compare 2009 Camry with 1999 model

Why do you guys love distracting a thread

This is a Benz thread
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by IkpuMmadu: 4:14am On Feb 10, 2018
nwanneni:
price and repair cost is the only reason in the world a jap will outsell a German,stop advocating mediocrity and say the truth,for once!haba

We dey drive jap not because they are fantastic but because they are cheap
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by jaybabs1(m): 10:20am On Feb 10, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

How much did you buy it...the engine is so rugged that you hadn't see any Benz smoking unlike these Japanese that gives out blue smoke like die

I once had a crazy friend who drove me in his vboot that has a c-class engine from kano main town to tiga dam and back with full ac on (about 80km) and guess what? the car's engine had less than a litre of engine oil. Never knew until we returned and he confessed. Asked him why he maltreated his car? Says 'the.engine is.built to withstand such' that c-class engine is military grade!

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by IkpuMmadu: 12:27pm On Feb 10, 2018
jaybabs1:

I once had a crazy friend who drove me in his vboot that has a c-class engine from kano main town to tiga dam and back with full ac on (about 80km) and guess what? the car's engine had less than a litre of engine oil. Never knew until we returned and he confessed. Asked him why he maltreated his car? Says 'the.engine is.built to withstand such' that c-class engine is military grade!

I habe driven mine for three years the only thing I ever remember doing is change the fan belt and engine oil

That's all .....that car seff

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:36pm On Feb 10, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

I habe driven mine for three years the only thing I ever remember doing is change the fan belt and engine oil

That's all .....that car seff

The three pointed car is king of the road. However, those who don't know about German cars are better off keeping off it. Sad enough, those praising this ride will never also state the complexity of German engineering and how attempting to own a Mercedes has left their fingers burnt. Stick to a good old Toyota until u are prepared for the Mercedes.
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by IkpuMmadu: 4:54pm On Feb 10, 2018
sgtponzihater1:

The three pointed car is king of the road. However, those who don't know about German cars are better off keeping off it. Sad enough, those praising this ride will never also state the complexity of German engineering and how attempting to own a Mercedes has left their fingers burnt. Stick to a good old Toyota until u are prepared for the Mercedes.

But do you know that Toyota and Mazda parts are more expensive....I have two cars and I can tell you categorically

The full engine of c class isn't even upto 100k ladipo but Camry 1999 is around 160k do the maths and so many more

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by IkpuMmadu: 4:57pm On Feb 10, 2018
kingreign:

stop exaggerated and ridiculously uninformed comments. a 2003 Honda competes better than this. same with big daddy.

You dey compare 1999 car with 2003 car...see you
Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by sgtponzihater1(m): 5:11pm On Feb 10, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

But do you know that Toyota and Mazda parts are more expensive....I have two cars and I can tell you categorically

The full engine of c class isn't even upto 100k ladipo but Camry 1999 is around 160k do the maths and so many more

I have used Mercedes for year and still use one. But truth be told, It's easier to see a good Toyota technician than Mercedes. That itself has left people burnt and unhappy. But any day, I would always go for the 3 pointed star.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by IkpuMmadu: 5:44pm On Feb 10, 2018
sgtponzihater1:

I have used Mercedes for year and still use one. But truth be told, It's easier to see a good Toyota technician than Mercedes. That itself has left people burnt and unhappy. But any day, I would always go for the 3 pointed star.

There are good Benz technician....just tell those selling the parts to direct you...Benz isn't for everyone

1 Like

Re: Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 10, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I’ll have to disagree.

A C class is a luxury car in terms of comfort.

In my previous example, my Evo is a bonafide performance car at 300hp stock from the factory. That it pales in comparison to a Gallardo doesn’t make it not a high performance car.

Let’s play with this for a while.

How should we define a luxury car?
Even that Evo is faster than some Lamborghini.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bringing a Mercedes from Lagos to Calabar; and my tough ordeals! / The 2018 Lincoln Aviator Is Indeed A Luxury SUV (photos) / Li Xang: A Chinese Car With A Sleek Design And Amazing Features

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.