Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,331 members, 7,780,867 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:14 AM

Reconciling Jesus Christ With Christianity And Islam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reconciling Jesus Christ With Christianity And Islam (485 Views)

The Corona Virus Has Shown How Christianity And Islam Have Failed Humanity / Please What Is Wrong With Christianity In Nigeria / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reconciling Jesus Christ With Christianity And Islam by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:22am On Jan 07, 2018
the Divinity of our lord Jesus Christ has always been a huge debate between the Christians , Jews and Muslims.

The Jews believed in a messiah who would come and liberate them from the oppressive reign of their continius captors. They also believed he would physically come from the sky.

Majority of Christians believe that Jesus Christ was delivered by miraculous process of a Virgin , not having sex with a man and becoming pregnant, therefore giving room for God to come into the world as a man redeem the world. Some also believe the same Jesus who died more than 200 years ago will be physically come down from the sky and the faithful ones will be aught up with him in their physical form and taken to heaven.

The Muslims believe Prophet Isah (Jesus) to be one of the greatest prophets and have huge reverence for him. they do not believe in the divinity of his birth , and believe he is not the Son of God as God does not have a wife and therefore cant have a son.

Seperating facts from Fiction , myth and wishful thinking.

"And behold, with the clouds of heaven One like a Son of Man was coming , And He came up to the Ancient of Days And was presented before Him" (Daniel 7:13).

The misconception that Jesus did not fulfill the Messianic prophecies of the Old Testament is predominately held by Jewish People. The argument stems from several key Scriptures: Isaiah 11:1-9, Isaiah 2:3-4, and Micah 4:2-3

In Isaiah 11:1-9, we see prophecies about the coming Messiah, some of which were fulfilled in Yeshua,( Jesus ) but some have not been fulfilled yet. . We don’t yet see wolves lying down with lambs, nursing children playing at the cobra’s hole, or the earth full of the knowledge of the LORD. The verses in Micah are also clear prophecies about the coming Messiah, and they tell of a universal peace that has not yet manifested. The argument then is: if Jesus was the Messiah, why isn’t there world peace? Many Jewish People who are still waiting expectantly for the Messiah are expecting a Messiah who will bring world peace.

especially Isaiah 2:4
He will judge between the nations
and will settle disputes for many peoples.
They will beat their swords into plowshares
and their spears into pruning hooks.
Nation will not take up sword against nation,
nor will they train for war anymore.

In other words they Jews expected a physical messiah who will establish the city of David as the capital of world peace.
Re: Reconciling Jesus Christ With Christianity And Islam by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:22am On Jan 07, 2018
The Christians believe Emmanuel is the son of God , who was given birth to by a virgin who never slept with any man, but by the help of the Holy Spirit.
This unfortunately cannot be prooved or disprooved as there is no evidence in the Bible, other than "Now the birth of Jesus was as follows: After his mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit" (Matthew 1:18)
Luke, in his account of the birth of Jesus, confirms that Mary was a virgin when she conceived (Luke 1:26-38).
In some translations the word "almah" in Hebrew is rendered "maiden" or "young woman" rather than "virgin" (Isaiah 7:14). However, the Holy Spirit’s translation (Matthew 1:23) is the Greek word for "virgin" showing that the Holy Spirit approves of, even insists upon, using the word "virgin" (or its equivalent in the language of translation) to render the Isaiah passage when referring it to the birth of Christ.

The Rabbis correctly assert that the Hebrew word “almah,” translated as “virgin” in Isaiah 7:14, can also be translated as “young maiden.” Furthermore, if Isaiah had wanted to unequivocally say “virgin,” he could have used the unequivocal word, “betulah,” in this context, not the equivocal “almah.” “Betulah” always means “virgin.”

Secondly it should be noted that genology in Judah and Isreal then was male and Christ had a line, he came from

In Matthew 18:11 Jesus refers to Son of man came to serve and states: "For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.". In the Gospel of Mark 10:35–45 this episode takes place shortly after Jesus predicts his death.

Mark 2:27-28, Matthew 12:8 and Luke 6:5 include the Lord of the Sabbath periscope where Jesus tells the Pharisees "The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: so that the Son of man is lord even of the sabbath." Christians commonly take the phrase "son of man" in this passage to refer to Jesus himself.

The birth of our Lord Jesus Christ is a hugely debated issue between Jews, Christians and Muslims.
while the Jews of which Christ is one, do not believe in the divinity of his birth, the Christians believe in the physical explanation of his birth.
Re: Reconciling Jesus Christ With Christianity And Islam by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:23am On Jan 07, 2018
the Believe he is one of the Greatest messengers of Allah.

Muslims believe that Jesus (called "Isa" in Arabic) was a prophet of God, was born to a virgin (Mary), and will return to Earth before the Day of Judgment to restore justice and to defeat al-Masih ad-Dajjal ("the false messiah"wink, also known as the Antichrist. All of which may sound pretty familiar to many Christians.

The story of Jesus's birth as told in the Quran is also the story of his first miracle, when he spoke as an infant in the cradle and declared himself to be a prophet of God. Here's the story:
And remember Mary in the Book, when she withdrew from her family to an eastern place. And she veiled herself from them. Then We [God] sent unto her Our Spirit [the angel Gabriel], and it assumed for her the likeness of a perfect man. She said, "I seek refuge from thee in the Compassionate [i.e., God], if you are reverent!" He said, "I am but a messenger of thy Lord, to bestow upon thee a pure boy."

She said, "How shall I have a boy when no man has touched me, nor have I been unchaste?" He said, "Thus shall it be. Thy Lord says, ‘It is easy for Me.’" And [it is thus] that We might make him a sign unto mankind, and a mercy from Us. And it is a matter decreed.

So she conceived him and withdrew with him to a place far off. And the pangs of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a date palm. She said, "Would that I had died before this and was a thing forgotten, utterly forgotten!" So he called out to her from below her, "Grieve not! Thy Lord has placed a rivulet beneath thee. And shake toward thyself the trunk of the date palm; fresh, ripe dates shall fall upon thee. So eat and drink and cool thine eye. And if thou seest any human being, say, ‘Verily I have vowed a fast unto the Compassionate, so I shall not speak this day to any man.’"

Then she came with him [the infant Jesus] unto her people, carrying him. They said, "O Mary! Thou hast brought an amazing thing! O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not an evil man, nor was thy mother unchaste." Then she pointed to him [Jesus]. They said, "How shall we speak to one who is yet a child in the cradle?"

He [Jesus] said, "Truly I am a servant of God. He has given me the Book and made me a prophet. He has made me blessed wheresoever I may be, and has enjoined upon me prayer and almsgiving so long as I live, and [has made me] dutiful toward my mother. And He has not made me domineering, wretched. Peace be upon me the day I was born, the day I die, and the day I am raised alive!"

That is Jesus son of Mary— a statement of the truth, which they doubt.

So although Muslims do not believe that Jesus is the son of God — an important distinction between Muslim and Christian views of him — Muslims do revere Jesus as an important prophet.
Re: Reconciling Jesus Christ With Christianity And Islam by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:23am On Jan 07, 2018
Ironically, the are all correct and wrong at the same time.
Re: Reconciling Jesus Christ With Christianity And Islam by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:25am On Jan 07, 2018
.mi
Re: Reconciling Jesus Christ With Christianity And Islam by platinumventure: 10:33pm On Jan 07, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

the Divinity of our lord Jesus Christ has always been a huge debate between the Christians , Jews and Muslims.

The Jews believed in a messiah who would come and liberate them from the oppressive reign of their continius captors. They also believed he would physically come from the sky.

Majority of Christians believe that Jesus Christ was delivered by miraculous process of a Virgin , not having sex with a man and becoming pregnant, therefore giving room for God to come into the world as a man redeem the world. Some also believe the same Jesus who died more than 200 years ago will be physically come down from the sky and the faithful ones will be aught up with him in their physical form and taken to heaven.

The Muslims believe Prophet Isah (Jesus) to be one of the greatest prophets and have huge reverence for him. they do not believe in the divinity of his birth , and believe he is not the Son of God as God does not have a wife and therefore cant have a son.

Seperating facts from Fiction , myth and wishful thinking.

"And behold, with the clouds of heaven One like a Son of Man was coming , And He came up to the Ancient of Days And was presented before Him" (Daniel 7:13).

The misconception that Jesus did not fulfill the Messianic prophecies of the Old Testament is predominately held by Jewish People. The argument stems from several key Scriptures: Isaiah 11:1-9, Isaiah 2:3-4, and Micah 4:2-3

In Isaiah 11:1-9, we see prophecies about the coming Messiah, some of which were fulfilled in Yeshua,( Jesus ) but some have not been fulfilled yet. . We don’t yet see wolves lying down with lambs, nursing children playing at the cobra’s hole, or the earth full of the knowledge of the LORD. The verses in Micah are also clear prophecies about the coming Messiah, and they tell of a universal peace that has not yet manifested. The argument then is: if Jesus was the Messiah, why isn’t there world peace? Many Jewish People who are still waiting expectantly for the Messiah are expecting a Messiah who will bring world peace.

especially Isaiah 2:4
He will judge between the nations
and will settle disputes for many peoples.
They will beat their swords into plowshares
and their spears into pruning hooks.
Nation will not take up sword against nation,
nor will they train for war anymore.

In other words they Jews expected a physical messiah who will establish the city of David as the capital of world peace.

Deede Mazii oo....

(1) (Reply)

Trinity Explained. / TESTIMONIES / God's Made In Man's Image

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.