Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,697 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel (21594 Views)

How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview / I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work / How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by phetty(m): 4:42pm On Jan 07, 2018
edimolu:

then i should be able to say "an useless boy"

cut the dude some slack, his grammar is correct!

Bro, you sabi!

Most people think 'an' is to be used with vowel alphabets. the proper usage of 'an' goes with vowel sounds, not vowel alphabets.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Jabioro: 4:42pm On Jan 07, 2018
Finstar:

He made it clear that he isn't a good writer, why not just pass? undecided
Besides, "it's" a hotel not "its" a hotel.
Thank You.
Caught up...entangled himself ...

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by jonvalek(m): 4:43pm On Jan 07, 2018
Lol.... Ela kon wink. And so d correcter got corrected by a correction officer. What an A**hole. Guy u really know what's on my mind jare.

Finstar:

Thank You.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Saintinoo(m): 4:45pm On Jan 07, 2018
'Its' can be accepted in place of "it's" Using 'an' for a non vowel is a totally wrong. Just read your write up again bro, English teacher.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by ibroh22(m): 4:46pm On Jan 07, 2018
ecology:
I was once there and have to run when i saw the way the whole system is being runned, the then general manager Amadi is the most brutal person i have ever seen.That place is always looking for staff as he sack on daily bases

Cool... But you should have write review online, so that other people won't fall victim... All the same, thanks for your contribution
Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by yanshDoctor: 4:48pm On Jan 07, 2018
your heading is kind of misleading. i thought he scammed you.

now, there are people like that their orientation is that your have to be harsh to your workers. they install fear and control everyone, its a mind game

most of them believe that if they don't use iron hand, their workers will not take their job serious.

another thing is that he is not the owner of the hotel probably rent it. some of this hotel and rented.
Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by adecz: 4:49pm On Jan 07, 2018
Lomprico2:
Its 'a' hotel not 'an' hotel!

Welcome to lagos.

In 'hotel', the H is silent so, it's 'an hotel',

stop trying to 'correct' what you don't know.... angry

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 07, 2018
You guys should chill before Mr corrector jumps into lagoon o
Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Xisnin(m): 5:03pm On Jan 07, 2018
Lomprico2:

'Its' can be accepted in place of "it's" Using 'an' for a non vowel is a totally wrong. You can not even use it vocally.

grin
Proud and stubborn illiterate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Millz404(m): 5:03pm On Jan 07, 2018
Lomprico2:

'Its' can be accepted in place of "it's" Using 'an' for a non vowel is a totally wrong. You can not even use it vocally.
U no sabi anytin undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by edimolu(m): 5:09pm On Jan 07, 2018
phetty:

Bro, you sabi!

Most people think 'an' is to be used with vowel alphabets. the proper usage of 'an' goes with vowel sounds, not vowel alphabets.
exactly!

The pronunciation, be it vowel or consonant is the major determinant for the indefinite article being used!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by DavidJohnDavid(f): 5:26pm On Jan 07, 2018
eyaaa
Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by fredopareto(m): 5:29pm On Jan 07, 2018
Finstar:

Thank You.
nice bro..change d change..

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Fawklicant: 5:56pm On Jan 07, 2018
Lomprico2:

Welcome to lagos.

Mr English, both "a" and "an" can be used with hotel.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by MrIcredible: 6:14pm On Jan 07, 2018
Lomprico2:

Fuckoff
Olodo
Go and fûck yourself
Jobless illiterate.
I'm sure you can't write as good as the op.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by jeff1607(m): 6:34pm On Jan 07, 2018
This thread is more about lomprico2 than the Op, chai

It is finished

FATALITY!!!

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Bahddo(m): 6:40pm On Jan 07, 2018
adecz:

In 'hotel', the H is silent so, it's 'an hotel',

stop trying to 'correct' what you don't know.... angry
That's old-fashioned usage though. 'A hotel' is much more commonly accepted, and is what you would see transcribed in modern dictionaries.
Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by adecz: 6:56pm On Jan 07, 2018
Bahddo:
That's old-fashioned usage though.

Just like you don't say "a hour";

You say, " an hour"..... The 'H' is silent.

When the H is silent, you may use 'an' preceding

the word is question...

We learn every day!!
Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by ibroh22(m): 7:06pm On Jan 07, 2018
yanshDoctor:
your heading is kind of misleading. i thought he scammed you.

now, there are people like that their orientation is that your have to be harsh to your workers. they install fear and control everyone, its a mind game

most of them believe that if they don't use iron hand, their workers will not take their job serious.

another thing is that he is not the owner of the hotel probably rent it. some of this hotel and rented.
this one is not playing any mind game, he always meant what he says, I have seen different examples of him
Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by banio: 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2018
My brother the slave trade is everywhere, even Chevron Nigeria Limited has kept VTP5/OTP2 and VTP6 in training for 5years. https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/stop-employment-new-plant-operators-naig-tells-chevron/amp/
Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 07, 2018
Finstar:

Thank You.

I feel you oga mi
You do well
Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Funkybabee(f): 7:48pm On Jan 07, 2018
!
Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by franzis(m): 8:04pm On Jan 07, 2018
Avoid these hotels @ ikeja

De-skyline hotel , local airport ikeja

Country guest house, GRA , ikeja

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by critic9ja: 8:59pm On Jan 07, 2018
He slapped you too? Did you report to the police afterwards? Did you visit office of the public defender?
Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by whycee001(m): 9:00pm On Jan 07, 2018
@lomprico2
the guy no talk again abeg someone shld check on him.
I repeat check on lomprico2.
because i would rather kill myself than to commit sucide
#correct me and die

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by tonytony208(m): 9:10pm On Jan 07, 2018
Lomprico2:

You think people here are fools? The person who taught you that nonsense must be a dead brain.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by ibroh22(m): 9:39pm On Jan 07, 2018
critic9ja:
He slapped you too? Did you report to the police afterwards? Did you visit office of the public defender?
He didn't slap me, I can't wait till he do that because I will punch him so hard which is what I am trying to avoid, so I bow out........ Reporting him wouldn't yield any result, he get connections, so he will get away with his wicked act

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by correctguy101(m): 10:10pm On Jan 07, 2018
ibroh22:

Thanks for that, there are no cleaners there presently, I don't know Dublin boy, or maybe I have seen him but don't know his name...

Hey, he's an izon boy. and we're childhood pals till now.

I can't say anything about d cleaners now. But I know I've been asked several times to leave the stairs cos I mostly use there for chatting my orobos.
Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by ibroh22(m): 10:16pm On Jan 07, 2018
correctguy101:

Hey, he's an izon boy. and we're childhood pals till now.

I can't say anything about d cleaners now. But I know I've been asked several times to leave the stairs cos I mostly use there for chatting my orobos.
Lol............. you must like flexing sha o
Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Fourwinds: 10:39pm On Jan 07, 2018
Lomprico2:

Fuckoff
if you cannot except correction, don't correct someone else...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Bilabong(m): 10:46pm On Jan 07, 2018
Lomprico2:

Welcome to lagos.

Over sabi see ur life this 2018?

Finstar:

Thank You.

Thanks for rubbishing him

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel by Fourwinds: 10:52pm On Jan 07, 2018
Finstar:

Thank You.
Oboy...let me simply illustrate pictorially what you did to that guy and he couldn't breath again....

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unemployment In Nigeria / Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? / Finally Landed A Job!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.