Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,325 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:31 PM

Many Orthodox Christians Are Celebrating Christmas Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Many Orthodox Christians Are Celebrating Christmas Today (587 Views)

How Big Brands Are Celebrating Easter Using Creative Designs / 3 African Countries That Stopped Celebrating Christmas / Daddy Freeze: "Meet NIMROD Whose Birthday Christians Are Celebrating Today" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Orthodox Christians Are Celebrating Christmas Today by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 07, 2018
Many Orthodox Christians from Ethiopia, Egypt, Russia, Israel and some other countries are celebrating Christmas today.

1 Like

Re: Many Orthodox Christians Are Celebrating Christmas Today by purem(m): 12:01pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hati13:
Many Orthodox Christians from Ethiopia, Egypt, Russia, Israel and some other countries are celebrating Christmas today.

If your claim is true even without evidence or links.

What is it's purpose

Re: Many Orthodox Christians Are Celebrating Christmas Today by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 07, 2018
purem:

What is it's purpose
I'm just informing.
Re: Many Orthodox Christians Are Celebrating Christmas Today by Spylord48: 1:23pm On Jan 07, 2018
purem:

What is it's purpose

he is saying the truth.Many orthodox churches celebrate Christmas on Epiphany Sunday
Re: Many Orthodox Christians Are Celebrating Christmas Today by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 07, 2018
Spylord48,

Christmas being celebrating today Sunday by Orthodox is a coincident. What I'm trying to say is that orthodox Christmas is celebrated on January 7 or Tahsas 29 in our Ethiopian calendar.

Cheers!
Re: Many Orthodox Christians Are Celebrating Christmas Today by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hati13:
Spylord48,

Christmas being celebrating today Sunday by Orthodox is a coincident. What I'm trying to say is that orthodox Christmas is celebrated on January 7 or Tahsas 29 in our Ethiopian calendar.

Cheers!
Good to know.

Our calendar (gregorian calender) isn't the original Jewish calender. Not sure if that's the right date of the birth though. Not that the days matter.
Re: Many Orthodox Christians Are Celebrating Christmas Today by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 07, 2018
Muafrika2:

Good to know.

Our calendar (gregorian calender) isn't the original Jewish calender. Not sure if that's the right date of the birth though. Not that the days matter.
Everything seems complicated. Some also say Christmas is just a pagan celebration adopted to Christianity. Yes, the date don't matter. What matters is that this kind of festival brings ppl for closer.
Re: Many Orthodox Christians Are Celebrating Christmas Today by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hati13:

Everything seems complicated. Some also say Christmas is just a pagan celebration adopted to Christianity. Yes, the date don't matter. What matters is that this kind of festival brings ppl for closer.
We adopted alot of paganism thanks to Constantine who invented the position of the Pope. Alot of "chriatian" symbols in use now - esp in the oldest churches were his mixtures of christiany and ancient Roman occultism.

I was on a bus past an Indian temple when I noticed that the cross was part of their symbolism. The cross is an occultism symbol. That's why it was an abomination to hang Christ on it. We say he became accursed by hanging on it. Its still used by freemasons, etc. Freemasonry is just a modernised version of ancient idolatry.
Re: Many Orthodox Christians Are Celebrating Christmas Today by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 07, 2018
Muafrika2:

We adopted alot of paganism thanks to Constantine who invented the position of the Pope. Alot of "chriatian" symbols in use now - esp in the oldest churches were his mixtures of christiany and ancient Roman occultism.

I was on a bus past an Indian temple when I noticed that the cross was part of their symbolism. The cross is an occultism symbol. That's why it was an abomination to hang Christ on it. We say he became accursed by hanging on it. Its still used by freemasons, etc. Freemasonry is just a modernised version of ancient idolatry.
Paganism is embedded in Christianity then. This also explains by there are many pagan and non-pagan gods born on the same day as Jesus is said to be according to Catholics and some other Christians.
Re: Many Orthodox Christians Are Celebrating Christmas Today by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hati13:

Paganism is embedded in Christianity then. This also explains by there are many pagan and non-pagan gods born on the same day as Jesus is said to be according to Catholics and some other Christians.

oh really, into my eyes and tell me that Jesus was born on the 25th
Re: Many Orthodox Christians Are Celebrating Christmas Today by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 07, 2018
Ferisidowu:

oh really, into my eyes and tell me that Jesus was born on the 25th
I said "according" to Catholic and some other Christian. I'm not talking like I'm starting fact.

Orthodox Christian say he was born on January 7. The real Jesus might had born on December 25 or January 7 or another date.
Re: Many Orthodox Christians Are Celebrating Christmas Today by Olu317(m): 6:44pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hati13:

I said "according" to Catholic and some other Christian. I'm not talking like I'm starting fact.

Orthodox Christian say he was born on January 7. The real Jesus might had born on December 25 or January 7 or another date.
Jesus Christ was not born on December 25th because, according to the period,when Elizabeth, wife of Zacheriah, whom was the mother of John the Baptist met with Mary mother of Jesus in the sixth month of Hebrew's calender and this month was the month Jesus Christ was conceived by his earthly mother. And the birth of Jesus Christ came six months after John the Baptist's birth. This categorically confirm that Jesus Christ was not born on December 25th. It can be rightly stated, December 25th is meant to celebrate the existence of Jesus Christ irrespective of the actual date of his birth.
Re: Many Orthodox Christians Are Celebrating Christmas Today by TFeminist(f): 6:48pm On Jan 07, 2018
Muafrika2:

Good to know.

tot it was jan 6
Re: Many Orthodox Christians Are Celebrating Christmas Today by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 07, 2018
Olu317:
Jesus Christ was not born on December 25th because, according to the period,when Elizabeth, wife of Zacheriah, whom was the mother of John the Baptist met with Mary mother of Jesus in the sixth month of Hebrew's calender and this month was the month Jesus Christ was conceived by his earthly mother. And the birth of Jesus Christ came six months after John the Baptist's birth. This categorically confirm that Jesus Christ was not born on December 25th. It can be rightly stated, December 25th is meant to celebrate the existence of Jesus Christ irrespective of the actual date of his birth.
Yours could also explain. But there are also other explanations being thrown in this.
Re: Many Orthodox Christians Are Celebrating Christmas Today by Olu317(m): 7:07pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hati13:

Yours could also explain. But there are also other explanations being thrown in this.
Yeah, I have seen what has been posted.
Re: Many Orthodox Christians Are Celebrating Christmas Today by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 07, 2018
TFeminist:
tot it was jan 6
May be it differs according to doctrine. But the Sabbath sounds like the best day to give birth to Christ.
Re: Many Orthodox Christians Are Celebrating Christmas Today by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hati13:

Not Christianity per se but in the rituals. Because Christ did not preach any rituals

1 Like

Re: Many Orthodox Christians Are Celebrating Christmas Today by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 08, 2018
Muafrika2:

Not Christianity per se but in the rituals. Because Christ did not preach any rituals
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Man Destroys Mary Statue: See Reactions Online / Even God Kept The Shabbat - Pastor Azubuike / So Strange... Why Do ZUMA Rock Always On Fire... Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.