Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Dear God, Why... - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dear God, Why... (4205 Views)

If Allah Is God, Why Does He Pray For Muhammad? Surah 33:43, 33:56, And 2:157? / If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? / Have You Ever Asked God, "Why Is My Own Case Different?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear God, Why... by AntiNormal(m): 5:23pm On Jan 11, 2018
EVarn:
To be candid, I really don't know how the gay thing works...at least,not entirely,but I think I am more open to such stuff than I was a year or two ago, so maybe one can "turn" gay?,or maybe I just one hell of a hormone ridden freak...

On the topic, you haven't seen half of it yet, some people can be so annoyingly vague in their answers that you begin to suspect that many people are conditioned to never ask questions.

Maybe... *shrug*. Yeah. Same here - about being a lot more open minded...
Yeah. No. Vagueness in general pisses me off... If you're going to tell me anything, tell me all of it in comprehensive detail so I can process it the way I want to... Don't smile and feed me platitudes or holy words that have no underlying foundation...
Re: Dear God, Why... by AntiNormal(m): 5:31pm On Jan 11, 2018
petra1:

No . From the fall of Adam Satan became the god and the prince of the world system .

That’s why God sent jesus to save through the gospel . But the enemy still try blocking people from believing in God

God can only intervene when we allow him

This just makes it worse...
So God left us on earth with Satan in charge, hoping that we'll need Him enough to run to Him for help... And if we don't, then we're free game for the devil, right?
That's not much of a choice...

Okay... Imagine this scenario...
A man locks his children in a room with a King Cobra and stands outside, watching through the window, waiting for them to call for his help...
When they do, he sends his favorite son - who was not in the room when the others were locked in - to go in there and bruise the cobra, but not kill it. And then when he's done, he can come out.
The boy does as his father says, and now the snake is much more angry...
How do you think the children on the inside will fare?
Won't it be better for everyone if the man just goes in and shoots the snake rather than leave it inside with his children where it can - and probably will - bite the crap out of them?
Re: Dear God, Why... by EVarn(m): 6:37pm On Jan 11, 2018
AntiNormal:

Maybe... *shrug*. Yeah. Same here - about being a lot more open minded...
Yeah. No. Vagueness in general pisses me off... If you're going to tell me anything, tell me all of it in comprehensive detail so I can process it the way I want to... Don't smile and feed me platitudes or holy words that have no underlying foundation...
Perhaps the problem is that christianity doesnt have the answers to those questions(I dont think any religion does), people only attempt to warp existing scripture to soothe the mainstream dogma.

I am currently going through the quran,and you know what I think?...I think islam has more concise and straight-forward doctrines...at least, there are fewer things to be confused about...not that I am interested in being a muslim though...

I think the best thing curious minds like us can do is to continue searching, even if it is away from the borders of christianity.
Re: Dear God, Why... by petra1(m): 6:56pm On Jan 11, 2018
AntiNormal:

This just makes it worse...
So God left us on earth with Satan in charge, hoping that we'll need Him enough to run to Him for help... And if we don't, then we're free game for the devil, right?
That's not much of a choice...
?

There is an appointed time for Satan judgement . But meanwhile God made a way through christ . And announced it to Man. But Man has free will . God won’t violate it. That’s why you could say all these things against him .

1 Like

Re: Dear God, Why... by Evangkatsoulis: 7:04pm On Jan 11, 2018
AntiNormal:

Anyway, why is it unwise to ask God why?
Will He strike you down for asking him why you and your wife have been unable to have children for twenty years?
Or is it because He won't answer?

Which is it?

The biblical god killed people for less.
Re: Dear God, Why... by AntiNormal(m): 9:42pm On Jan 11, 2018
EVarn:
Perhaps the problem is that christianity doesnt have the answers to those questions(I dont think any religion does), people only attempt to warp existing scripture to soothe the mainstream dogma.

I am currently going through the quran,and you know what I think?...I think islam has more concise and straight-forward doctrines...at least, there are fewer things to be confused about...not that I am interested in being a muslim though...

I think the best thing curious minds like us can do is to continue searching, even if it is away from the borders of christianity.

You make a strong point...

I've read the Quran and I agree... Yeah... Me neither...
That seems like our lot...
Re: Dear God, Why... by AntiNormal(m): 9:45pm On Jan 11, 2018
petra1:

There is an appointed time for Satan judgement . But meanwhile God made a way through christ . And announced it to Man. But Man has free will . God won’t violate it. That’s why you could say all these things against him .

I'm not saying anything against God... I'm just responding to what you and your ilk are saying...
And until this day of judgement, Satan will mislead millions more and take them down with Him to hell, while God waits...
Do you now see one of the things I don't understand?
Re: Dear God, Why... by AHCB: 8:07am On Jan 12, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

The biblical god killed people for less.
You sent me a pm. How may I help you?
Re: Dear God, Why... by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 12, 2018
AntiNormal:

Oh... That...
Honestly, at this point, becoming an atheist wouldn't really surprise me...
It just feels like it's been a long time coming...

Okay, maybe not an atheist... I know - in theory - that there is God...
I just can't seem to make myself follow Him... Not the way I ought to...
Dude i swear i am just like you.i've always been a Christian because that was how i was brought up then later an atheist but now i just dont know.I believe there is a God why is beacurse i have had so may supernatural experiences and that makes believe that if the spiritual exist then God must exist.But i dont believe that God os good.God in fact is the cause of armed robbery kidnappers rapist assasin,infertility,Depression,slowpoke,blindess,immorality sickness and so many more.Why? Beacause they he is omnipresent omniwateva yet he created satan to be evil yet he put put apple in the garden,yet he made man vulnerable to temptation all this as a test? No because he knew wat he created and wat his creation lacks.Heaven they say is pure and without evil then why dont we think dat how did satan and his gang have evil thought,this us because God created him specially dat way.He knew wat he was doing.The truth is that we humans have believe that have a saviour we have hope that Good must always win evil that justice must prevail but what if i tell that ur savior was the one who brought fort ur problems or the problems of the world.people like felixmor or kingebukasblog would say oh God is testing humans but how u test someone whom u created to fail and whom you made so many things around him to make him fail and u even forsaw him failing.lol. What am trying to say his that you should look around you majority of the people who go to church daily they preach and all that are mostly doing bad things themselves you that have your own belief dont even do all that yet you are holier than them. Like dem God is an hypocrite a pretender the one who pretend to be good but he is nothing but evil.To seun hopefullandlord and other atheist believe me u there os God because supernatural things exist(the ones i experienced) then there has to be God.I just pity all this Christians like sonofthunder butterfly1ion kingebukablog because they dont even know wat there are worshiping they claim to know God to hear him to have felt him but in reality deep down in felixmor heart and othet christians the know its all a lie.
I believe there is God but i dont believe he is Good.
Must christians are not ready to accept the truth.They read this post they know am saying the truth but they push out of their heads cos they cant believe it they just can't that God almighty the one who above all is Nothing but EVIL.
CC
HOPEFULLANDLORD
SCIENCEWATCH
FELIXMOR
SEUN AND SO ON.
Re: Dear God, Why... by ScienceWatch: 10:44am On Jan 12, 2018
chukslawrence:

kindly excuse my ignorance, may i know why it is unwise?
It may help us to know why you asked this question ?
Re: Dear God, Why... by ScienceWatch: 10:46am On Jan 12, 2018
AntiNormal:

So God couldn't have given them a child that wouldn't grow up to be an armed robber?
Please explain this?
Re: Dear God, Why... by ScienceWatch: 10:49am On Jan 12, 2018
Ferisidowu:
very easy .. Mr op what's your definition of God? in line with the Bible pls

We know your definitions, but explain it to us again?
Re: Dear God, Why... by ScienceWatch: 10:55am On Jan 12, 2018
AntiNormal:

I don't... Not really...
It's general opinion, which means it's not fact...
It's what I've got to work with, seeing as there aren't any concrete facts on the matter...
Thanks for your honesty so far. You are working with the wrong things, that why you are stuck.
There are tons of scientifically verifiable evidence that are easy to find and verify. Beware you are trapped by corrupt scientists that need you for their own cruel agendas.

1 Like

Re: Dear God, Why... by ScienceWatch: 11:12am On Jan 12, 2018
AntiNormal:

I'm not going to answer your question, and let you go off road... Answer my question first...
You are not fair, just answer the question, what is your definition of God. Your approach to the dialogue is an Atheistic one. Break away from this circular questioning that is designed By Satanists to block spiritual progress. Tell us?
Re: Dear God, Why... by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 12, 2018
See how sciencewatch is avoiding my post.Christaons they can never accept the plain truth.smh

1 Like

Re: Dear God, Why... by AntiNormal(m): 11:57am On Jan 12, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Please explain this?

I responded to a question... The person (elope) said maybe the reason God didn't give the couple a child early is because the child might have grown up to be an armed robber...
Re: Dear God, Why... by AntiNormal(m): 11:58am On Jan 12, 2018
ScienceWatch:
We know your definitions, but explain it to us again?

Oh goodness... This again?

Dude... Let me just say it... I don't know how to define God, so I'm not even going to try...
Re: Dear God, Why... by AntiNormal(m): 11:59am On Jan 12, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Thanks for your honesty so far. You are working with the wrong things, that why you are stuck.
There are tons of scientifically verifiable evidence that are easy to find and verify. Beware you are trapped by corrupt scientists that need you for their own cruel agendas.

Scientifically verifiable evidence that proves what exactly?
The existence of God?
Re: Dear God, Why... by ScienceWatch: 12:01pm On Jan 12, 2018
Frenzy007:
See how sciencewatch is avoiding my post.Christaons they can never accept the plain truth.smh

What plain truth are you offering a suffering humanity? I notice you can not even solve for x which is a mundane secular low-level thing. X+3/X-2 - 1-X/x =17/4

How on earth can you even dream of challenging Christians on their far superior thinking and beliefs?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear God, Why... by ScienceWatch: 12:02pm On Jan 12, 2018
AntiNormal:

Scientifically verifiable evidence that proves what exactly?
The existence of God?
You ask the wrong questions, thats why you get stuck.
Re: Dear God, Why... by ScienceWatch: 12:03pm On Jan 12, 2018
AntiNormal:

Oh goodness... This again?

Dude... Let me just say it... I don't know how to define God, so I'm not even going to try...
Now if you cant define God, what are you do you want to do?
Re: Dear God, Why... by ScienceWatch: 12:06pm On Jan 12, 2018
AntiNormal:

I responded to a question... The person (elope) said maybe the reason God didn't give the couple a child early is because the child might have grown up to be an armed robber...
Thank you. What are your real thoughts on it then?
Re: Dear God, Why... by AntiNormal(m): 1:05pm On Jan 12, 2018
ScienceWatch:
You ask the wrong questions, thats why you get stuck.

Please, tell me the right questions to ask...
Re: Dear God, Why... by AntiNormal(m): 1:09pm On Jan 12, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Now if you cant define God, what are you do you want to do?

*Cue sigh
I want to know why He didn't just give the couple a child... I want to know why an omnipotent and omnibenevolent God seems to not give a flying fig about us and our needs...
Re: Dear God, Why... by budaatum: 1:51pm On Jan 12, 2018
During the testimony, the woman fell on her knees. She appeared to praise God, but in her mind was asking for forgiveness. The pressure had simply been too much. Her mother-in-law had threatened her with another woman, her sibling-in-laws had made snide remarks, her own parents had shown pity and sorrow, the entire community had prayed for her, that stupid house girl had tempted her husband, and time was running out. Was that not meno she saw pausing just the other day? Soon she will be Sarah's age. Surely, If God can bless Sarah, he can bless me too. So she had done what Abraham did. And God had blessed her.

O Lord my God just forgive me", she prayed that day, "do not let it be known that the child really belongs to Chukwudi".
Re: Dear God, Why... by ScienceWatch: 1:53pm On Jan 12, 2018
AntiNormal:

Please, tell me the right questions to ask...
Good ! Please leave the mind/spirit deadening approach of Atheism on the floor if you are serious about finding verifiable truths that will take you forward, out of the viscous silk laden trap that High-level Satanists have engineered inside Atheism.

To answer your question: Start by asking asking, "how do I find evidence of God's love for humanity?"
Then go bravely forward, work hard to find that evidence no matter where it may be found. Dont descriminate. You are stuck because you think that you can think your way into spiritual truths with your lousy secular education alone. Professors have bowed down to this truth. No amount of secular education can help you enter into the ratified atmosphere of truth.

Most UNeducated persons have progressed much farther than the highly educated.

I wish you all the best on your journey out of Atheistic dead-end mind games.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear God, Why... by ScienceWatch: 2:03pm On Jan 12, 2018
budaatum:
During the testimony, the woman fell on her knees. She appeared to praise God, but in her mind was asking for forgiveness. The pressure had simply been too much. Her mother-in-law had threatened her with another woman, her sibling-in-laws had made snide remarks, her own parents had shown pity and sorrow, the entire community had prayed for her, that stupid house girl had tempted her husband, and time was running out. Was that not meno she saw pausing just the other day? Soon she will be Sarah's age. Surely, If God can bless Sarah, he can bless me too. So she had done what Abraham did. And God had blessed her.

O Lord my God just forgive me", she prayed that day, "do not let it be know that the child really belongs to Chukwudi".

Once again you have revealed to the world the true spirit of Satanic Atheism. The principles of your mockery is old and boring by now. New, fresh evidence, tons of evidence of God's love is flowing like a mighty river through the world, that effectively proves Atheism wrong.

Go mock Atheism. There is a lot to mock in Satanic Atheism !!!

1 Like

Re: Dear God, Why... by haylegbede1(m): 2:05pm On Jan 12, 2018
I would say the man and his wife are perhaps reaping a fruit they long sowed knowingly or unknowingly through actions or even thoughts!

You see as God is described in the bible some of his actions are contradictory to his description which shouldn't be. God never changes, God always helps the righteous, God is omnipotent and all like that

With all this descriptions you willl understand with me that some things shouldn't happen to some people but then again this things happen(as in the case of this testimony). Now when we try to explain this given His description we result to The 'you cannot question God' statement or the ' He works in mysterious ways' affirmations, we do all this because we do not understand or have answers to this questions.

But for me I question further and ask

Does God even interfere in the affairs of man to the extent that humans presume?

If God has given us all powers and created us in his own image it is very safe to say that we somewhat create our reality and are responsible for all that happens to us.
Re: Dear God, Why... by ScienceWatch: 2:09pm On Jan 12, 2018
AntiNormal:

*Cue sigh
I want to know why He didn't just give the couple a child... I want to know why an omnipotent and omnibenevolent God seems to not give a flying fig about us and our needs...
Your parents must be asking the same questions about you. They are asking, why is Antinormal so selfish, we worked hard to give him all that he needs till now, but all he does is think of himself.

Your parents are saying, why dont Antinormal give a flying fig about our needs?
Re: Dear God, Why... by AntiNormal(m): 3:10pm On Jan 12, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Your parents must be asking the same questions about you. They are asking, why is Antinormal so selfish, we worked hard to give him all that he needs till now, but all he does is think of himself.

Your parents are saying, why dont Antinormal give a flying fig about our needs?

Oh wow...
Hold on a second...
How did we get from the original topic to here?
Also, what does being selfish have to do with any of it? What in the name of R'hllor are you talking about?
What do my parents have to do with this topic?
Re: Dear God, Why... by ScienceWatch: 3:17pm On Jan 12, 2018
AntiNormal:

Oh wow...
Hold on a second...
How did we get from the original topic to here?
Also, what does being selfish have to do with any of it? What in the name of R'hllor are you talking about?
What do my parents have to do with this topic?
Your attitude towards your parents have everything to do with this. A selfish person tends to accuse others of selfishness when he cant get his own way.
Re: Dear God, Why... by Bolaji21(m): 3:37pm On Jan 12, 2018
FortifiedCity:
No matter what's happening, it's unwise to ask God 'Why'
I know you have good intentions, but your answer is incorrect.
A lot of people have asked God why: Job, David, and even Jesus ("why has thou forsaken me?"wink.
Back tho the question. Let me use the example of Job and Jesus to explain.
Jesus asked God why, but we know he knew why. It was just his humanity speaking, and most of us will ask why when we get to that point.
Job like most humans, assumed he knew better than God. He thought he didn't deserve to suffer even as he's righteous. Remember, he wasn't aware of the meeting that held in heaven where Satan was in attendance. Hence he asked why.
Here is God's response to him:
 4  Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. note
 5  Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it
The response continued till chapter 41.

At the end, imagine job's response, he admitted he was wrong to question God's way of doing things.
 Job 42
5  I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.
6  Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

Let me help make sense of it.
God began to ask job of all the things he's definitely not aware of. Why? Because a lot of decisions have been made before job was born. The decisions contribute to what befalls man. Job had to repent when he realized that his knowledge is too small to be able to understand why things happen the we they do.
As our father, our obligation is to trust him, even in his silence.
Whatever he does or doesn't do, is for our best: that should register in our heart.
We don't know why it took 20 years for the woman to conceive, just as we don't know why it took so long for Sarah or Elizabeth or Hannah to conceive, but we do know that for whichever reason it is, it's all for the good of them, for humanity and for God's purpose.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Is Greater Between Grace And Mercy / How To Use Rock Salt As Remedies For Psychic Attacks / Jabez: Why Did Mother Name Him Son Of Sorrow?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.