Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,574 members, 7,801,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication (47747 Views)

Daddy Freeze Reacts As Remi Tinubu Is Ordained As RCCG Pastor / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Man Wearing A Hat During Church Service (Photo) / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by wirinet(m): 5:47am On Jan 09, 2018
Enskynelson:
But to be fair, those unauthorised publishers are not doing it for the reason of sharing the gospel but for money-making reasons hence RCCG is right about this.

Money making reasons by sharing on Facebook and WhatsApp? Please explain.
Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by wirinet(m): 5:49am On Jan 09, 2018
TreasuredGlory:
Must you react to everything? This is 2018: This nonsense must stop. Grow up and do your own thing. If you know the number of people RCCG employs and pays salaries to, you go fear and ask God for forgiveness.

RCCG should then deregister as a Non Profit Organisation And reregister as a limited liability company or better as a PLC, since it must always make profit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by mykeltee: 6:02am On Jan 09, 2018
[quote author=wirinet post=64022951]

RCCG should then deregister as a Non Profit Organisation And reregister as a limited liability company or better as a PLC, since it must always make profit.[/quote

Am a member but this weak me wella

1 Like

Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by mykeltee: 6:04am On Jan 09, 2018
wirinet:

RCCG should then deregister as a Non Profit Organisation And reregister as a limited liability company or better as a PLC, since it must always make profit.
wirinet:

wirinet:

u cant be more correct

1 Like

Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by mykeltee: 6:06am On Jan 09, 2018
wirinet:

Xda59:

easy oooo jeje...take it slowly

Our pastorpreneurs will never ever quote these bible verses. Infact, if they had their way, the verses would have been removed a long time ago because it is not good for their church businesses.
wirinet:

Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by sweettease(f): 6:22am On Jan 09, 2018
NigerianScholar:

The word used is unauthorised. There should not be any unauthorised publication of the book. It is a criminal and legal offence. It can lead to plagiatism. And the integrity of the content would be lost.

The only publication that may be allowed must agree with "fair use"

Kindly research on copyright before you quote me
You didn't even understandy sarcasm before quoting me
Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by Ericnrm(m): 6:26am On Jan 09, 2018
The way I see it isn't the church a nonprofit organization? As for the argument of production costs I'm sure that offerings and other collections would adequately cover these costs. After all other nonprofits help out physically by donating food, clothing and what have you. Why can't RCCG do the same by donating these books freely to spread the word? Why defend an obvious act of greed? Are we so blind to the fact that the churches nowadays are being exploited for personal gain? The copyright infringement is a non-issue here because that entails that the organization in question must be a legitimate business. After all the same people share, download and use content without purchasing abi you'll tell me that every song on their phones was bought?

1 Like

Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by hisgrace090: 6:40am On Jan 09, 2018
MAAP:
I am sorry for people who are carried away with this enemy of the Kingdom. I believe Muslim,athiest,and pegans enjoys all of this his nonesence.No true Christian,can be in dis team of antichrists. Why not verify your information before commenting. I charge you freeze and blind followers repent now.

Not, until you learn to call evil, evil.
No matter whose ox is goade
Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by mitchyy(f): 6:57am On Jan 09, 2018
selfmade22:
God has a way to put a stop in all issues, He might anoint anybody to put a stop on evil, if JESUS can flog people who uses the house of God 4 business, maybe dis too many churches & prosperity wahala has reached the throne of GOD, so GOD does his things in a mysterious way, i dont go to church anymore 4 some reason,make i no go collect anoda one join d one way i carry, e get church wey u go attend my dear u will begin to fear humanity. GOD is still alive...

You can try visiting any kingdom hall of Jehovah's Witnesses near you. The difference is as clear as daylight
Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by hisgrace090: 7:05am On Jan 09, 2018
XingXhang:

Freeze will continue to win You say?

Win on Social Media or REALITY?

Today, there are people that kick against every step Mark Zuckerberg takes. There are folks who malign Bill Gates and Dangote. Their reasons are just and true.

BUT HOW HAS THAT CHANGED ANYTHING. THEY ARE STILL MAKING PROGRESS more than those crirists.

Unless you won't be great some day but if you will be, you will get your fair share of criticism.

That's why truly GREAT MEN don't go to social media to cast down other GREAT MEN. It won't be long before they got their blows.

Gods things differs.

Ezek 3:20, say if you refuse to warn the rightouse man going astray, his blood will I require from you when he died.

So freeze should carry on.
Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by oruma19: 7:06am On Jan 09, 2018
Ilekokonit:

True talk.

Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo got born again by reading a discarded christian tract when he was in a drunken state.
and thesame ashimolowo is selling everything sellable. They have left their original calling for thebapirit of mammon. Church of today is a big scam.
Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by VictorRomanov: 7:07am On Jan 09, 2018
linearity:

Not true, you are putting the cart before the horse...

Not all books, work of Arts, publications, Intellectual Properties, films, softwares, etc are copyrighted.

You can also made these available under copyleft licenses. The decision to have copyright vs copyleft is the sole discretion of the author(s) and is mostly driven by either profit or protectionism.

There should not be protectionism or desire to make profit with the word of God. Freely you receive, freely you shall give. Plus, you were commanded by God to spread these word, don’t charge the people to whom you spread the word.

Publishing Christian works especially digital ones under copyright and not copyleft laws is wrong and defeats the whole essence of the word of God.

While you made a sensible point, you overlooked one aspect of the copyright law. It prevent people from adapting, modifying and selling your work. This comes in handy when an organization wishes to make it's publications free for the audience and some unscrupulous persons see these publications as a means of making profit. With a copyright, you can prevent this. There is also the issue of of modifying or adapting the work. While a copyleft law may protect from selling another person's work, it allows other persons to reproduce and modify the work. This can be a problem for the original author when there is a deviation from his work, no matter how small.

Also note that copyleft is still a form of copyright, but with some liberties.

RCCG are not the only religious organisation to use copyright laws. It's done all over the world. And it's not always for profit-making purposes. But it can be used to ensure that profit is not made from publications that are meant to be free. It can also ensure that what the author wants is what is available to the public.
Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 09, 2018
stinggy:

Who bore the cost of production?

Remember when they tell you to pay tithes and offerings so that the word of God can be spread across the earth . . . Yup. They already cashed out on that end.

1 Like

Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by miketayo(m): 7:08am On Jan 09, 2018
TreasuredGlory:
Must you react to everything? This is 2018: This nonsense must stop. Grow up and do your own thing. If you know the number of people RCCG employs and pays salaries to, you go fear and ask God for forgiveness.

Are u trying to say RCCG is a business organisation?
Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by ericmani: 7:08am On Jan 09, 2018
Charlesdock:
Why can't they let it circulate since it contain God's words. If people are blessed by it, they will sow back into the church.
it is because they are doing the right thing in the wrong way..."there is a way that seemeth right unto a man, and the end thereof is destruction". U tink those pple are doing it for the sake of spreading the gospel or for their own profit?
Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by BRATISLAVA: 7:09am On Jan 09, 2018
Xda59:

That is still not an excuse. If they give it out for free, no hawker will sell it because nobody will buy. Now that it is being hoarded, it will be an even bigger Avenue for individuals to reproduce and sell at a higher price.

People will still buy free things.

Have you seen the free samples that come with items? People still sell them even though they are free. And people still buy them.

That it's "hoarded" doesn't make a difference. It's intellectual property and so it will come at a price.
Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by miketayo(m): 7:09am On Jan 09, 2018
selfmade22:
God has a way to put a stop in all issues, He might anoint anybody to put a stop on evil, if JESUS can flog people who uses the house of God 4 business, maybe dis too many churches & prosperity wahala has reached the throne of GOD, so GOD does his things in a mysterious way, i dont go to church anymore 4 some reason,make i no go collect anoda one join d one way i carry, e get church wey u go attend my dear u will begin to fear humanity. GOD is still alive...

Nailed it
Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by TribesNG: 7:12am On Jan 09, 2018
Xda59:

Gideon international give out billions upon billions of free bibles incase youmdon't know.

I'm still asking you, Did you buy your bible for free?
Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by ericmani: 7:13am On Jan 09, 2018
Flexherbal:

That Bible is made available to everybody for free.

They are even happy when you request to help them distribute them.
it is made available for free does not mean it is being printed for free..why not go to a shop and tell dem to give u a bible since it is free? The reason u get it free is because pple in the church have deposited their hard earned money for the cause of spreading the gospel..i guess u've not thought about that right?

1 Like

Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by TribesNG: 7:14am On Jan 09, 2018
Xda59:

Adeboye, joshua, oyedepo, olukoya and everyother pastorpreneurs are all the same. Thieves!!!

That's not the answer to my question. I'm asking why is the fool only focused on Adeboye and RCCG when he can easily attack TB Joshua that gave public false Prophesy in 2016 America Election?
Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by doyinbaby(f): 7:16am On Jan 09, 2018
[
Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by mitchyy(f): 7:22am On Jan 09, 2018
I'm not in condemnation of any church. They have the right to make any decision they wish. But I just want to state this fact:

Jehovah's Witnesses produce more than 1.3billion magazines and 80 million books and Bibles which are given out free of charge. They are also available electronically for you to read and share as you wish.
So how do we cater for the cost?

Despite the fact we allow others to donate to support our work, our preaching work is primarily financed by voluntary donations from Jehovah’s Witnesses. No collections are taken at our meetings, and members are not required to tithe. (Matthew 10:7, 8.) Instead, contribution boxes are provided in our meeting places so that if someone wishes to make a donation, he may do so. Donors remain anonymous.

One reason that our expenses are manageable is that we have no paid clergy. In addition, Witnesses are not paid to go from house to house, and our places of worship are modest.

Any donations that are forwarded to the branch offices of Jehovah’s Witnesses are used to relieve victims of natural disasters, to support our missionaries and traveling ministers, to help construct our houses of worship in developing countries, and to print and ship Bibles and other Christian publications.

Each person decides if he or she wants to donate toward paying for local expenses, for our worldwide work, or for both. Every congregation provides regular financial reports for the information of its members.

More facts here: https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/activities/publishing/global-printing/

1 Like

Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by XingXhang(m): 7:30am On Jan 09, 2018
WhiskeyTangoFox:

U have completely failed to respond adequately to the intelligent and wise write up of that young man. This has bin the norm of the subject, pple like urself talking off point when tasked to match valid points pple make.

Your opinion
Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by one4GOD(f): 7:32am On Jan 09, 2018
TreasuredGlory:
your take in this matter is not convincing enough.
Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by XingXhang(m): 7:34am On Jan 09, 2018
Flets:

Read my post again, the subject of my post is neither Freeze nor RCCG. Let me repeat for you..."Without Love, there is no Christianity". Any activity or action of the church that is not borne out of love further hurts Christianity. Infact in the presence of love, the argument on tithing would not come up in the first place.....go figure

My point is: If the ministry deem it fit to tell people to buy from them, they are right. How would you feel when you make something for people to buy and some opportunistic folks go fake it and make money out of your idea. So the church should fold their hands because it's a church and not a company? If it's real company won't they sue those people, called piracy...or plagiarists... Abeg leave matter. You're preaching from afar, go close and understand the reason for their action.
Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by kitaatita: 7:39am On Jan 09, 2018
Xda59:

Sales and revenue over salvation and winning souls to God? Let the truth be told, this is not christianity.
From business perspective, if they don't sell their books due to copyright infringement and piracy, there won't be money to print more copies. this will impact on evangelism. I despise prosperity Christianity, but I am speaking from business angle only.
Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by bionixs: 7:46am On Jan 09, 2018
oruma19:
adapted copies?? What happened to freely ye receive, freely give."The word of God? Or is ur gods different?...mammon.com ...shame on ole pastors
how much have you given to God for His work through any church to support the gospel ? Like it or not,the church needs funds to spread the gospel. I was given a gospel leaflet by a preacher in a bus last saturday and when we wanted to make some contributions to him,he said no. I later discovered he was of RCCG. If i may ask,how many good bible or quoran did you get for free? Money must be involved in spreading the gospel. Even the missionaries who give out gospel materials are funded by people. Nothing in life is free. Lastly,no one had ever fought the church or pastors and wont. Yours wont be an exception
Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by gare(f): 7:52am On Jan 09, 2018
Flexherbal:
Daddy Freeze known for this freetTheSheeple movement, just posted this on his Instagram page.

What is calling for attention is the information on the third paragraph of the memo, below.

So, He is asking if the memo is actually from Redeemed Christian Church Of God.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdr6Afwnufx/

Daddy Freeze I don tire for your matter, just look for something else to do, why not channel this your energy towards the government, and leave the church alone.
Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by imustsaymymindo: 8:00am On Jan 09, 2018
sweettease:

If they draw inspiration and ideas from the bible then I guess what goes around comes around. These books allegedly contain words powerful enough to heal the sick, lead people to Christ, mend the broken, etc so I don't think it should be treated like any other book. I can understand misquotations but did you read the circular? Sharing it is supposed to help its purpose but they felt this is the best way to handle it, like any other commercial book. They can as well apply the 'like any other' clause to paying tax for church collections.

Well, you have a point.
Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by lloyds(m): 8:02am On Jan 09, 2018
linearity:

Not true, you are putting the cart before the horse...

Not all books, work of Arts, publications, Intellectual Properties, films, softwares, etc are copyrighted.

You can also made these available under copyleft licenses. The decision to have copyright vs copyleft is the sole discretion of the author(s) and is mostly driven by either profit or protectionism.

There should not be protectionism or desire to make profit with the word of God. Freely you receive, freely you shall give. Plus, you were commanded by God to spread these word, don’t charge the people to whom you spread the word.

Publishing Christian works especially digital ones under copyright and not copyleft laws is wrong and defeats the whole essence of the word of God.

The book is quote big in content and I don't think the author would have imagined to make such free.

Well you have a good point, but tell u, pray is a very annoying thing and there are no issues if the church is trying to control it.

Let's pray we all grow more like Christ in every way. It is well win the church in Jesus name.
Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by dealslip(f): 8:12am On Jan 09, 2018
Flets:
Now this is the crux of the matter, There is no Christianity without love. Infact, the bible clearly stated that the greatest of all the commandment is love. Gideons international share free bible, Jehovah witness issue monthly publications free of charge, churches all over the west contribute immensely towards free outreach in Africa.

The problem the Nigerian churches face today is the absence of love in the practice of Christianity. Jesus died because of love, almost all the miracles by Jesus in the bible were borne out of love.

The early missionaries who brought Christianity went through untold hardship and death in the hand of malaria, many diseases and boat mishaps.... yet they were determined to bring us the gospel with the accompanying free schools, medical care, technology etc.

Unfortunately, what we have in Nigerian churches is greed, envy, hate and gross materialism. How can churches sit back and watch the multi-suffering of its members and yet seek to take away their money in the name of offering, tithe, first fruit etc? Tithing in the old testament was borne out of love "so that there will be meat in the house".... for everyone. In the absence of love, any teaching on giving is useless.

Infact, the state of our society is the reflection of the state of the church. The alarming lack of love is the major difference between the western and African society. That nature of our politics, economy, security etc is lack of love. If the church which should be the biblical lamp is hiding its love under the bushel...... how exactly do they intend to project Christ. Unfortunately, the Nigerian church spends more time defending its unloving practices than draw men to Christ.

Freeze will continue to win until the Church retraces its step back to Love because Love is the greatest. Without Love, Christianity cannot survive. Without Love, our fore fathers would never have left their traditional practices for Christianity.

Very good bro. Very well said. The "men of God" have brought so much insults to the body of Christ. They have allowed unbelievers to heap insults of the Church and made it impossible for people on need of salvation to come closer to redemption. My heart weeps all the time for what has befallen the body of Christ.

1 Like

Re: RCCG "Open Heaven": Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ban On Unauthorized Publication by marvin902(m): 8:35am On Jan 09, 2018
i wonder if the bible is free or the Quran..
some people still don't want to have sense this 2018...
for freeze karma just dey watch you like film undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jimmy Odukoya, Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun Installed As Church Leaders / Whenever I Am Hurt, And I Cry, Something Bad Must Happen To The Person / Usher Tried To Seize A Church Member’s Phone In Church (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.