Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

Why People Are Atheists? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why People Are Atheists? (11684 Views)

All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. / Are Atheists Qualified To Speak On Christianity? / Are Atheists And Skeptics Just An Angry Bunch Or Are They Actually Realistic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why People Are Atheists? by Martinez19(m): 5:58pm On Jan 08, 2018
Here are three reasons why people become atheists:

1) REASONING AND CONTEMPLATION: many atheists became atheists because they reasoned, critically and logically thought about religion and concluded it was bullshit. Prior to going through this process, they were religious. They thought about religion by themselves or were being persuaded by another person(s) through whatever means. This set cut across all nations.

2) UPBRINGING: father, mother, brothers and sisters are atheist and your environment in childhood was not religious hence they follow suit. They never suffered religious indoctrination. The danger of this group is propensity(small amount of them exhibit this about 15%) to convert to religion in adulthood or have a death bed conversion. This is because they have no experience of religion and don't know what it's like to be enslaved. You find them mostly in developed and educated countries.

3) UNANSWERED PRAYERS, LIFE TRAUMAS OR HARDSHIP IN LIFE : when life was good they were shouting hallelujah and bashing HopefulLandord but when it was time for yahweh to help them in their time of need, he failed them despite the fact they staked all on yahweh. In the event of trauma, they couldn't find it sensible that yahweh would permit such and it obvious that something is wrong and even William Craig's arguments and book of Job couldn't keep them bound anymore. Life taught them the hard way and reasoned for themselves by force. These ones, now atheists, can't be religious ever again or even convert on their death bed, laye laye not a chance.
You mostly find this set of people in highly religious countries where people don't think for themselves eg. Kenya grin, Nigeria grin, etc. They abandon reason hence the hard way is the only option.

HopefulLandord, HardMirror, Johnydon22, hahn, 1Sharon, 0temSapien, Nilfeim, proudgorgeousga, Tozara, Catfishbilly, donffd, adepeter2027, deicide, segunojo886
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by whitebeard(m): 6:03pm On Jan 08, 2018
Most atheist I know fall in no 3 category cheesy grin
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by Martinez19(m): 6:07pm On Jan 08, 2018
whitebeard:
Most atheist I know fall in no 3 category cheesy grin
Probably. wink
There are atheist in Nigeria who reasoned for themselves. They are very few compared to number three. Even fewer are those in number two.

1 Like

Re: Why People Are Atheists? by Thewesterner(m): 6:21pm On Jan 08, 2018
I don't know what to believe
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by Martinez19(m): 6:49pm On Jan 08, 2018
Thewesterner:
I am an atheist, religion is actually bullshit and other world mysticism like voodoo, money rituals, witchcraft, spells, curses, charms etc. are all ridiculous garbage.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why People Are Atheists? by butterflyl1on: 7:00pm On Jan 08, 2018
Thewesterner:

Let me offer you an intelligent outlook to life. You asked a question here and you can bear witness to how martinez19 was quick to latch on to your comment and pour out his desires and opinions at you.

Now here is how you should think...... Why is his comment at you loaded with so much bitterness and subtle anger? Is there something he is running from or is there something chasing after him?

One thing you should NEVER ALLOW is for someone to force their self deluded opinions on you especially when even they have no clue about what's up in their own lives and simply want to rant and disturb ones ears.

Atheism is synonymous with hopelessness and I wonder why he is bent on offering your hopelessness. How this hopelessness would profit you beats my imagination and I am sure you would also find that hard to consider.

Let good and genuine honest living guide you. Ask yourself, what offers this to you? Is it atheism?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why People Are Atheists? by Martinez19(m): 7:32pm On Jan 08, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Let me offer you an intelligent outlook to life. You asked a question here and you can bear witness to how martinez19 was quick to latch on to your comment and pour out his desires and opinions at you.

Now here is how you should think...... Why is his comment at you loaded with so much bitterness and subtle anger? Is there something he is running from or is there something chasing after him?

One thing you should NEVER ALLOW is for someone to force their self deluded opinions on you especially when even they have no clue about what's up in their own lives and simply want to rant and disturb ones ears.

Atheism is synonymous with hopelessness and I wonder why he is bent on offering your hopelessness. How this hopelessness would profit you beats my imagination and I am sure you would also find that hard to consider.

Let good and genuine honest living guide you. Ask yourself, what offers this to you? Is it atheism?
Mr Wise man, you couldn't figure out that this is my thread, I monitor it and get notification when someone contributes? Can you kindly point to the bitterness in my post? undecided

Besides, her post registered at 6:21pm while mine registered at 6:49pm. How was that quick to respond?
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by ourfather: 7:57pm On Jan 08, 2018
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by butterflyl1on: 8:00pm On Jan 08, 2018
Martinez19:
Mr Wise man, you couldn't figure out that this is my thread, I monitor it and get notification when someone contributes? Can you kindly point to the bitterness in my post? undecided

Besides, her post registered at 6:21pm while mine registered at 6:49pm. How was that quick to respond?

Obviously you take great pride in threads and this one must be very dear to you since you declared with so much pride that this is your thread and you get notifications as if I was trying to buy it off you. Dude worthless things as these hold no value for contention so I have no interest in your thread except to respond to whom I did.

I have spoken to who deserves it. You on the other hand does not deserve the kind of attention you seek from me.

Consider this comment as a one off.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why People Are Atheists? by sonofluc1fer: 8:01pm On Jan 08, 2018
butterflyl1on:

You on the other hand does not deserve the kind of attention you seek from me.

Happy New Year, Sis.
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by johnydon22(m): 10:48pm On Jan 08, 2018
Thewesterner:

Who says you must believe something?

Listen brother. There is more to life than just hot and cold. You must not believe in something, there is no obligation hinged on that.

You don't know what to believe. I say that you don't have to believe in anything.

Whether to believe there is a God or that there is none - you don't need to believe either.

Do not exhaust yourself mentally stuck in the dilemma of what to believe. you musn't

2 Likes

Re: Why People Are Atheists? by ScienceWatch: 10:51pm On Jan 08, 2018
Martinez19:
Probably. wink
There are atheist in Nigeria who reasoned for themselves. They are very few compared to number three. Even fewer are those in number two.
They Op is loaded with personal bias as usual. Richard Dawkins must have promised him free tuition and Zero registration fess/tithes.

If Thewesterner was sincerely interested in experiencing the reality and deep love of a creator God, he must not hesitate to use Emmanuel TV, SCOAN as a brilliant spiritual study.
In the SCOAN, on Emmanuel TV you will See many former God_haters/Atheists worshipping God and singing praises to the mighty JESUS.

You will see scientifically verifiable evidence of the mind blowing works/miracles of Jesus daily.
Kings, State Presidents, Professors, medical scientist's, doctors with their patients, Muslims, Jews, Hindus etc, all sing joyful praises to the mighty JESUS the messiah.

They come with serious problems that Atheist scientist have failed to fix. When they leave they testify live to the world that Jesus is truly the son of the creator God.

Only a mad man will be able to say, I choose Atheism after studying the scientifically verifiable evidence of the mind-blowing benefits to humanity, that is far superior to anything Atheist science can offer.

Martinez19 is a mad man, he will do well to heed the wise guidance offered by the esteemed Butterfly1on.
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by ScienceWatch: 11:12pm On Jan 08, 2018
johnydon22:

Who says you must believe something?

Listen brother. There is more to life than just hot and cold. You must not believe in something, there is no obligation hinged on that.

You don't know what to believe. I say that you don't have to believe in anything.

Whether to believe there is a God or that there is none - you don't need to believe either.

Do not exhaust yourself mentally stuck in the dilemma of what to believe. you musn't
Thewesterner should ask you what is the opposite of belief ?

A man that does not believe in anything can never be trusted, for such a man, everything goes. Even Satanists can not progress deeper without demonstrations of their belief in Satan.

Humans are created to believe, what they choose to believe is the own choice. The spiritual assets of BELIEF AND DOUBT are the two most powerful motivating forces know to man.

Considering the advice you gave to Thewesterner, I would not trust you to train my dog.

2 Likes

Re: Why People Are Atheists? by budaatum: 11:33pm On Jan 08, 2018
Thewesterner:
You don't have to believe! Seek to know instead.
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by budaatum: 11:37pm On Jan 08, 2018
Humans are created to believe, what they choose to believe is the own choice.
Believe that and you'll believe anything!
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by ScienceWatch: 12:23am On Jan 09, 2018
Martinez19:
Probably. wink
Most Atheists that I have interviewed fall in number 1 because of severe short comings in their mental faculties, short sightedness, very poor abstract thinking, skewed logic, delusions of grandeur etc.

What does highly evolved free-thinkers have to say about the OP, such as; Butterflylion, Sonofthunder, Vaxx, Bloodofthelamb, KingEbukasBlog, Felixomor, Veron265, SpeedndAccuracy,

Their emotional intelligence was poorly developed for their age, they exhibited serious self-centeredness, inability to forgive, revenge driven, egotistical and use material bling bling as a crutch to bolster their self worth.

They have invented the virtual reality of lifeless Athiesm supported by NO-god to support their delusions.
Atheists become enraged when they see a rapidly growing number of Olympic size Staduims around the world filled to the brim with thousands more willing to brave the elements and join in the powerful praise to a creator God from outside the stadium.

Among the worshippers are Dignitaries, Professors, medical scientist's, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, senior military officials, etc all together confirming that Atheism is a useless lost cause of LIFELESS mental gymnastics.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why People Are Atheists? by ScienceWatch: 12:31am On Jan 09, 2018
budaatum:

I really admire the honesty of Thewesterner. Unlike Atheists.
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by ScienceWatch: 8:05am On Jan 09, 2018
budaatum:

Thewesterner's profoundly wise statement tells me that he knows that your advice here is highly flawed, because if he follow you and your Atheist tribe and accept what you know Vs what Butterfly1on or Kingebukasblog knows, or what VAXX knows, he will have to disrespect his entire loving ancestral lineage including his loving mother.

Richard Dawkins the Satanic leader of modern Atheism said to his followers in a poorly attended hall that it was good to know that their mother and father, including their great great great grandmothers were all fish.

THIS IS FISHY!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why People Are Atheists? by ScienceWatch: 10:08am On Jan 09, 2018
budaatum:

Let us briefly expand on the flawed advice you are giving Thewesterner here. Until you have finished your quest to KNOW you can have nothing but opinion, theory, and fancy impracticality which Atheists love, because there is only an extremely gradual dawning of more and more truth with out proper mentorship. With proper mentorship the end of the quest is quicker with sudden rebirth into the kingdom of heaven, and once it comes, it comes like a flash of lightning. A man must believe or doubt. Quickly get to the position of believe and experience previously unknown power, joy, peace, miraculous breakthroughs that has corrupt scientists cowering in ego shattering disbelief.

There fortunately are highly esteemed persons here, that can explain all this far better than I, Vaxx, Butterflyl1on, Kingebukasblog, Sonofthunder, Bloodofthelamb, Felixomor and many others.

From the standpoint of a man living in truth, the body is an ephemeral thing. He knows the body will die as surely as it was born, he looks upon it as he looks upon the rest of this material universe, as nothing more than an idea passing through consciousness, just a mental picture to be born and to die.

But from the standpoint of truth, which is the standpoint of reality, the entire universe is nothing but a dream. All life is almost a phantom, a mental picture, something that flows through consciousness and is gone. How then can a man who lives in that
eternal consciousness so over-value his own personal knowing and tirn to Atheism under it many disguises. He will have enough common sense to know that his knowing is in error.

For example, good health is necessary and desirable, but he will not allow that knowledge to delude him into thinking that the ephemeral body can dictate to the eternal Spirit. The Spirit has only one power, and that is the source of all other power.

Mental powers come ultimately out of the Spiritual power, but they come only to these who seek them, not to those who do not seek them.

1 Like

Re: Why People Are Atheists? by ScienceWatch: 11:57am On Jan 09, 2018
Martinez19:
Can you kindly point to the bitterness in my post? undecided

Certainly Sir, It is not strange that you are unable to see the deep bitterness you have toward joyful, happy, God loving, Jesus praising people. Your bitterness blinds you to the kind correction of the highly esteemed Butterfly1on.

2 Likes

Re: Why People Are Atheists? by budaatum: 4:32pm On Jan 09, 2018
ScienceWatch:

There fortunately are highly esteemed persons here, that can explain all this far better than I, Vaxx, Butterflyl1on, Kingebukasblog, Sonofthunder, Bloodofthelamb, Felixomor and many others.
We shall wait for those who understand it better than you explain it to you!

Hopefully, the Thewesterner will wish to reason by himself and be his own master rather await the likes of you to tell him what to think or believe. The fact that he questions gives me confidence.
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by ScienceWatch: 4:57pm On Jan 09, 2018
budaatum:

Hopefully, the Thewesterner will wish to reason by himself and be his own master rather await the likes of you to tell him what to think or believe. The fact that he questions gives me confidence.
TheWesterner has already proved that he is very smart from his answer.
You wont see him back here,
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by butterflyl1on: 5:01pm On Jan 09, 2018
budaatum:

You would make a very bad psychologist. When anyone questions, there are many underlying factors. You say his questioning gives you confidence but you forget that questioning does not necessarily mean a change but it might mean a healing based on such questions coming from a place of complex or trauma or abuse which in all does not make the object of questioning wrong or non existent but simply shows that the one questioning just needs a shoulder to lean on.

TheWesterner is surely not your cup of tea... This I am sure of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why People Are Atheists? by pesty100(m): 5:12pm On Jan 09, 2018
butterflyl1on:

atheism isn't synonymous with hopeless, it just a way of taking a stand against religious dogmas.

4 Likes

Re: Why People Are Atheists? by pesty100(m): 5:16pm On Jan 09, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Thewesterner's profoundly wise statement tells me that he knows that your advice here is highly flawed, because if he follow you and your Atheist tribe and accept what you know Vs what Butterfly1on or Kingebukasblog knows, or what VAXX knows, he will have to disrespect his entire loving ancestral lineage including his loving mother.

Richard Dawkins the Satanic leader of modern Atheism said to his followers in a poorly attended hall that it was good to know that their mother and father, including their great great great grandmothers were all fish.

THIS IS FISHY!!
i find it odd that any theists should take offense at coming from a fish. The Bible actually says that we were moulded with sand.
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by butterflyl1on: 5:18pm On Jan 09, 2018
pesty100:
atheism isn't synonymous with hopeless, it just a way of taking a stand against religious dogmas.

So atheism is now "A WAY" grin

How can anyone take a stance against what offers people hope and joy and encouragement? Anything that stands against hope is itself hopeless.

Can you tell me what atheism has to offer to humanity. I am waiting.

While you do that also look up what Christianity has to offer humanity (and I am not talking about heaven or hell).

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why People Are Atheists? by ScienceWatch: 5:20pm On Jan 09, 2018
budaatum:

He never ever asked a question as you falsely claimed. He simply and wisely made a statement. Check his mention: https://www.nairaland.com/post/64012123
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by ScienceWatch: 5:22pm On Jan 09, 2018
pesty100:
i find it odd that any theists should take offense at coming from a fish. The Bible actually says that we were moulded with sand.
Yes I love that. But a fish then Monkey, then Baboon, then Gorilla, then human, then Atheist.
No Sir make me one time from sand.
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by pesty100(m): 5:28pm On Jan 09, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Yes I love that. But a fish then Monkey, then Baboon, then Gorilla, then human, then Atheist.
No Sir make me one time from sand.
you not understanding the problem doesn't necessarily make it an insult. Also what you choose to believe is inconsequential when talking of our origin
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by budaatum: 5:30pm On Jan 09, 2018
Stop sinking. It's unbecoming!

ScienceWatch:
He never ever asked a question as you falsely claimed. He simply and wisely made a statement. Check his mention: https://www.nairaland.com/post/64012123
"I don't know what to believe" can safely, (and has been) inferred to mean "what shall I believe?" At least by those who responded to him, including you!
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by pesty100(m): 5:32pm On Jan 09, 2018
butterflyl1on:

So atheism is now "A WAY" grin

How can anyone take a stance against what offers people hope and joy and encouragement? Anything that stands against hope is itself hopeless.

Can you tell me what atheism has to offer to humanity. I am waiting.

While you do that also look up what Christianity has to offer humanity (and I am not talking about heaven or hell).
religion isn't itself hope, it a pipe dream. Atheism offers a way of viewing the world not hindered by superstition or dogmas. If you want to call a pipe dream hope, then go ahead as long as you sleep better at night

1 Like

Re: Why People Are Atheists? by ScienceWatch: 5:39pm On Jan 09, 2018
butterflyl1on:

You would make a very bad psychologist. When anyone questions, there are many underlying factors. You say his questioning gives you confidence but you forget that questioning does not necessarily mean a change but it might mean a healing based on such questions coming from a place of complex or trauma or abuse which in all does not make the object of questioning wrong or non existent but simply shows that the one questioning just needs a shoulder to lean on.

TheWesterner is surely not your cup of tea... This I am sure of.
BudaAtum, must learn tolet bygones be bygones. We all must start fresh in our souls/hearts/spirits everyday. But once a year wont be a bad try.

Bitterness made him see things that dont exist, for example, TheWesterner never ever asked a question here as BudaAtum claims. This reminds me of the recent problem where BudaAtum suddenly jumped up to say that the INVISIBLE POOL does not belong to him, he said it is the property of Butterflyl1on. Things got worse from there, I had to labour to batch things up as usual.

Butterflyl1on Sir, THEWESTERNER NEVER ASKED A QUESTION. He made only one brief statement of fact. I then returned my own statements of fact. Nothing to it. BudAtum must be seeing things again. No problem with that this time of year.
So tell us BudaAtum what gave you all that confidence in TheWesterner again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Occult Or Occultism! / Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.