Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Why People Are Atheists? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why People Are Atheists? (11683 Views)

All Christians And Muslims Are Atheists. / Are Atheists Qualified To Speak On Christianity? / Are Atheists And Skeptics Just An Angry Bunch Or Are They Actually Realistic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why People Are Atheists? by butterflyl1on: 8:10pm On Jan 09, 2018
pesty100:
Being an human though has its benefits comes with its own embargo, I'd rather not exist in truth so i see no reason why I should bring a child am suppose to love into consciousness with its embargoes.

Note: this is me repeating myself. Hope you didn't miss this with all your fast assimilation.

Read Your Own comment again and see your hopelessness emphasised.

You said In truth (IN ALL HONESTY) you would rather not exist (IF IT WAS UP TO YOU TO DECIDE) based on this and now that you have such a worldview and have some control you can now decide not to bring children into this world because you believe your worldview is right. Am I wrong?

Why not try and list out the embargoes you claim man has and let's see how terrible they are to necessitate such a worldview.

In a nutshell you are a nihilist. An atheist who is a nihilist is a ticking time bomb.
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by ScienceWatch: 8:14pm On Jan 09, 2018
butterflyl1on:

grin cheesy

Okay then indulge me. How do atheists view the world?

Allow me to itemise some specific areas for you.

1. Life
2. Purpose
3. Having kids and the purpose behind this
4. Direction based on morals

Offer me how atheists view their world with the above listed items in view.
I am following. Ready to learn
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by ScienceWatch: 8:17pm On Jan 09, 2018
budaatum:

Matthew 7:7

Luke 11:9

The GoT just puts it better.
Mmmm. Very interesting. Please explain those scriptures. I am Ready to learn.

1 Like

Re: Why People Are Atheists? by pesty100(m): 8:17pm On Jan 09, 2018
butterflyl1on:

And I have repeatedly asked you what atheism has got to offer humanity in it's alternativeness and you have said nothing.

If it is an alternative to religious dogmas so where are it's benefits and values and on what are they entrenched?
it isn't an alternative to religious dogmas. Atheism has no dogmas. I don't know
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by budaatum: 8:19pm On Jan 09, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Mmmm. Very interesting. Please explain those scriptures. I am Ready to learn.
You're not ready. When you are ready, your teacher will appear. In the meantime, just read. Its all you need, and will get, for now.
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by butterflyl1on: 8:20pm On Jan 09, 2018
pesty100:
it isn't an alternative to religious dogmas. Atheism has no dogmas. I don't know

I never said atheism had dogmas all I asked is what the alternative aimed to achieve and what direction does it aim to lead as an alternative. (do you get it now?)

So you do not know what atheism has to offer humanity? Is that statement of yours not showing that I was right all along that atheism is hopeless? Is a blind guide leading the blind.

Since you personally do not know what atheism has to offer humanity WHAT THEN IS YOUR PERSONAL PURPOSE FOR BEING AN ATHEIST?

at least people become something or follow something for a reason. Are you following blindly? Your "I don't know" declaration says you are.
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by budaatum: 8:22pm On Jan 09, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Give me just one subject that is devoid of belief. Just one and let's put it to the test.
Subject is too much. Lets just do 2+2.
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by ScienceWatch: 8:23pm On Jan 09, 2018
butterflyl1on:

So the fear of dying is what makes you either do good or do evil right? So you are afraid of death! grin

Also what is good and what is evil to you and how do you know which is which outside human laws especially since humans laws vary from country to country. E. G .bestiality, and it's likes.

So you make your own purpose right? Is there any purpose for you outside your job?

Regarding life in your opinion you would rather not be alive and by extension also would rather not have kids grin

Yet you say atheism is not hopelessness in all things? TheWesterner needs to read this. This is how Hitler started.

Again what is right and what is wrong.

Sciencewatch you need to read this guys so called personal atheistic opinions grin cheesy

Butterflyl1on Sir, I am learning from both of you. I will post my humble opinion once I have completed my study of this thread.
I was away for awhile, someone was discussing Crptocurrency. PLease drop everything and go do this thing.
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by butterflyl1on: 8:23pm On Jan 09, 2018
budaatum:

Subject is too much. Lets just do 2+2.

Go ahead and finish it.
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by ScienceWatch: 8:27pm On Jan 09, 2018
butterflyl1on:

I am very quick with assimilation alright and I do not read to read twice before Inger the picture and what I wrote is what you said.

Also you are yet to list out to me what atheism has to offer humanity.
I find your questions very stimulating Butterflyl1on Sir.
Following.
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by pesty100(m): 8:34pm On Jan 09, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Read Your Own comment again and see your hopelessness emphasised.

You said In truth (IN ALL HONESTY) you would rather not exist (IF IT WAS UP TO YOU TO DECIDE) based on this and now that you have such a worldview and have some control you can now decide not to bring children into this world because you believe your worldview is right. Am I wrong?

Why not try and list out the embargoes you claim man has and let's see how terrible they are to necessitate such a worldview.

In a nutshell you are a nihilist. An atheist who is a nihilist is a ticking time bomb.
now you are asking the right questions instead of assimilating quickly. The embargoes are listed thus:
*pain in all ramifications.
*the fact that we aren't always in control of what we feel.
*the fact that we don't don't determine our parents.

If not existing means we won't have to feel any of the above the so be it
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by ScienceWatch: 8:53pm On Jan 09, 2018
pesty100:
I Have already stated that atheism offers an alternative way of viewing the world free of superstition and religious dogmas.

Your contradictions are offensive Pesty100. Superstitions and dogmas are well known in science. We must beware, first of all of becoming captive in dogmas implanted in your mind by others, especially science. You must beware of scientists who dupe themselves and deceive others with unscientific speculations which cannot prove themselves, which are wrapped in unnecessary mystery
such as; DARK MATTER.[/b] You must refuse to give uncritical credence to them.

[b]Jesus Christ on the other hand
gave demonstrations of His character and power, saying,
"By their fruits ye shall know them." Scientists should use the same rule; if they cannot demonstrate their theories, they should discard them.

The acid test of all spiritual theories is in the laboratory of daily living. That is where you must test the claims to ascertain their value.

Thank God, that there are places all over the world where the cruel Atheists propaganda on so-called superstitions and dogmas are scientifically debunked.
Medical scientists themselves testify to that fact after they are healed from terminal illness that science fail to cure. The examples of scientific superstitions are many, it is dressed up in Pseudo scientific jargon to fool the gullible masses.
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by pesty100(m): 8:58pm On Jan 09, 2018
butterflyl1on:

I never said atheism had dogmas all I asked is what the alternative aimed to achieve and what direction does it aim to lead as an alternative. (do you get it now?)

So you do not know what atheism has to offer humanity? Is that statement of yours not showing that I was right all along that atheism is hopeless? Is a blind guide leading the blind.

Since you personally do not know what atheism has to offer humanity WHAT THEN IS YOUR PERSONAL PURPOSE FOR BEING AN ATHEIST?

at least people become something or follow something for a reason. Are you following blindly? Your "I don't know" declaration says you are.
you said atheism is an alternative to religion and I had to put you straight. Atheism in itself has no dogmas hence no purpose , since it has no purpose and dogmas it offers nothing. It just a stance against religion, atheist on the other hand is another story.

Note:
ATHEISM ISN'T A RELIGION
ATHEISM HAS NO DOGAMAS
ATHEISM IS A STANCE
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by ScienceWatch: 9:00pm On Jan 09, 2018
budaatum:

You're not ready. When you are ready, your teacher will appear. In the meantime, just read. Its all you need, and will get, for now.

Relax and get a life. I knew you will never be able to explain those scriptures. No Atheist God hater, has ever been able to do it, not even the leader of modern Atheism, the Satanic Richard Dawkins.

Dont even try to interpret those two scriptures, every Atheist that tried looked foolish. Your teacher is here, but you are staring out of the class window.
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by pesty100(m): 9:03pm On Jan 09, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Your contradictions are offensive Pesty100. Superstitions and dogmas are well known in science. We must beware, first of all of becoming captive in dogmas implanted in your mind by others, especially science. You must beware of scientists who dupe themselves and deceive others with unscientific speculations which cannot prove themselves, which are wrapped in unnecessary mystery
such as; DARK MATTER.[/b] You must refuse to give uncritical credence to them.

[b]Jesus Christ on the other hand
gave demonstrations of His character and power, saying,
"By their fruits ye shall know them." Scientists should use the same rule; if they cannot demonstrate their theories, they should discard them.

The acid test of all spiritual theories is in the laboratory of daily living. That is where you must test the claims to ascertain their value.

Thank God, that there are places all over the world where the cruel Atheists propaganda on so-called superstitions and dogmas are scientifically debunked.
Medical scientists themselves testify to that fact after they are healed from terminal illness that science fail to cure. The examples of scientific superstitions are many, it is dressed up in Pseudo scientific jargon to fool the gullible masses.
What are my Contradictions?
Science might not be able to determine what is right with 100% certainty. But it is able to determine what is wrong with 100% per centainty
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by ScienceWatch: 10:22pm On Jan 09, 2018
pesty100:

What are my Contradictions?
Science might not be able to determine what is right with 100% certainty. But it is able to determine what is wrong with 100% per centainty
It is common knowledge that even a fool can say what is wrong. Corrupt scientist's feed a gullible public DARK MATTER and BLACKHOLES, are you able to verify if the crap is real or just more scientific superstitions?

Atheists love psuedo science because it is pure fantasy.

1 Like

Re: Why People Are Atheists? by pesty100(m): 10:42pm On Jan 09, 2018
ScienceWatch:
It is common knowledge that even a fool can say what is wrong. Corrupt scientist's feed a gullible public DARK MATTER and BLACKHOLES, are you able to verify if the crap is real or just more scientific superstitions?

even though am not too well versed in physics the experts say that where and what the evidence leads us to believe. Should we disregard the evidence because of your personal inclination? Well I don't think we should.
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 09, 2018
ScienceWatch:

You are an idiot for having the name science in your moniker but trying to call blackholes and dark matter superstition.

2 Likes

Re: Why People Are Atheists? by butterflyl1on: 11:39pm On Jan 09, 2018
pesty100:
you said atheism is an alternative to religion and I had to put you straight. Atheism in itself has no dogmas hence no purpose , since it has no purpose and dogmas it offers nothing. It just a stance against religion, atheist on the other hand is another story.

Note:
ATHEISM ISN'T A RELIGION
ATHEISM HAS NO DOGAMAS
ATHEISM IS A STANCE

Let me refresh your memory with your own post.

Pesty100(m): 8:01pm

maybe you are assimilating just a little bit too quickly. Have already stated that atheism offers an alternative way of viewing the world free of superstition and religious dogmas

You said atheism OFFERS AN ALTERNATIVE WAY OF VIEWING THE WORLD FREE OF RELIGIOUS DOGMAS.

now let me break it down to you since you fail to understand the import words carry.

Religion is a way of viewing the world which when adhered to produces results such as hope, faith, joy, love, goodness, kindness, etc

Now you said atheism is an ALTERNATIVE WAY of viewing the world free of the above.

You seem not to realise that what you simply said is that atheism is an alternative. When one thing offers something then an alternative is also meant to offer something which is meant to be better when compared to the other but here you are saying that this alternative view OFFERS NOTHING AND HAS NO PURPOSE. cheesy grin

very profound words which strike at the very heart of atheism and further declares that atheism is hopeless. How can anyone spend his years on something that has NO PURPOSE AND OFFERS NOTHING?

Care to explain?
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by butterflyl1on: 11:54pm On Jan 09, 2018
pesty100:
now you are asking the right questions instead of assimilating quickly. The embargoes are listed thus:
*pain in all ramifications.
*the fact that we aren't always in control of what we feel.
*the fact that we don't don't determine our parents.

If not existing means we won't have to feel any of the above the so be it

Let's take it one by one shall we?

Pain: You seem to have a low pain threshold. Pain in itself is no curse and is a good thing. Pain let's you understand quicker same way hot and cold does. Having pleasure without pain isn't a good way of knowing good from bad. Pain works with our emotions and our physical responses and helps us understand life much better so if you as an atheist sees pain as a disadvantage then you need to be woken up with a cold bath.

Lack of control over feelings: who told you that you lack control over your feelings? The Lazy always run away from WORKING ON HAVING control. You can choose when to be sad even in the midst of sorrow. You can choose to laugh when others are crying and cry when others are laughing. YOU CAN HAVE CONTROL.

feelings are like a light switch to those who have mastered it. When it is moving to an area you do not want then you can switch it off. Of course as an atheist you wouldn't know this because you have no safety mechanism at work in you. As Christians we have the Holy Spirit who helps us with control over our emotions.

Inability to determine parenthood: Now this is a very selfish position. Before making such a statement you should first of all ask yourself if everyone the work over is the same. Is everyone EQUALLY rich, famous, smart, tall, short, handsome, beautiful, etc

Since this isn't the case but EVERYONE SHARES ONE THING be they unequally rich, handsome, beautiful, etc and this is in the ability to procreate then you have no power to choose anything before you began to exist. In fact if you had such a power before birth, you would be too ignorant to know how to properly use it as selfishness would ONLY make you always choose to be born to either the rich or the most beautiful or the smartest but you can be born to a beautiful family that is poor, or a smart family that are dwarves, etc. Life has a way of balancing itself. This was deliberate but one thing is sure, regardless of the circumstances one is born into YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO RISE ABOVE IT. history is replete with such individuals who rose above their circumstances. STOP BEING A LAZY SELFISH ATHEIST!

If those are your reasons for saying you would rather not exist and by extension not desire kids, then I am sorry to say that those are some of the most stupid mind sets to have as they are dangerously warped and destructively ignorant.
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by boringnigerian: 1:57am On Jan 10, 2018
butterflyl1on:

So the fear of dying is what makes you either do good or do evil right? So you are afraid of death! grin

Also what is good and what is evil to you and how do you know which is which outside human laws especially since humans laws vary from country to country. E. G .bestiality, and it's likes.

So you make your own purpose right? Is there any purpose for you outside your job?

Regarding life in your opinion you would rather not be alive and by extension also would rather not have kids grin

Yet you say atheism is not hopelessness in all things? TheWesterner needs to read this. This is how Hitler started.

Again what is right and what is wrong.

Sciencewatch you need to read this guys so called personal atheistic opinions grin cheesy

I beg to differ with you @bolded. Everyone chooses their purpose in life. At the moment you became a Christian, YOU chose to make heaven your ultimate goal and pleasing God your purpose. Tomorrow, you might switch religions and follow a different path and find a different purpose for your life. While we like to think that there is a preset purpose for each person, there isn't. Each person chooses their own purpose and what gives their life meaning.

1 Like

Re: Why People Are Atheists? by butterflyl1on: 6:20am On Jan 10, 2018
boringnigerian:

I beg to differ with you @bolded. Everyone chooses their purpose in life. At the moment you became a Christian, YOU chose to make heaven your ultimate goal and pleasing God your purpose. Tomorrow, you might switch religions and follow a different path and find a different purpose for your life. While we like to think that there is a preset purpose for each person, there isn't. Each person chooses their own purpose and what gives their life meaning.

You failed to read and understand properly. I know we choose our own purpose which was why I directly asked him for his own purpose as an atheist outside his job since he said his comments are solely his personal opinion and atheism has no purpose and offers nothing and that we only live so we can become worm food. Can you show me where I suggested there was a preset purpose? Saying you beg to differ is simply you begging to support since I never said anything you differed with to begin with.
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by pesty100(m): 7:47am On Jan 10, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Let's take it one by one shall we?

Pain: You seem to have a low pain threshold. Pain in itself is no curse and is a good thing. Pain let's you understand quicker same way hot and cold does. Having pleasure without pain isn't a good way of knowing good from bad. Pain works with our emotions and our physical responses and helps us understand life much better so if you as an atheist sees pain as a disadvantage then you need to be woken up with a cold bath.

Lack of control over feelings: who told you that you lack control over your feelings? The Lazy always run away from WORKING ON HAVING control. You can choose when to be sad even in the midst of sorrow. You can choose to laugh when others are crying and cry when others are laughing. YOU CAN HAVE CONTROL.

feelings are like a light switch to those who have mastered it. When it is moving to an area you do not want then you can switch it off. Of course as an atheist you wouldn't know this because you have no safety mechanism at work in you. As Christians we have the Holy Spirit who helps us with control over our emotions.

Inability to determine parenthood: Now this is a very selfish position. Before making such a statement you should first of all ask yourself if everyone the work over is the same. Is everyone EQUALLY rich, famous, smart, tall, short, handsome, beautiful, etc

Since this isn't the case but EVERYONE SHARES ONE THING be they unequally rich, handsome, beautiful, aetc and this is in the ability to procreate then you have no power to choose anything before you began to exist. In fact if you had such a power before birth, you would be too ignorant to know how to properly use it as selfishness would ONLY make you always choose to be born to either the rich or the most beautiful or the smartest but you can be born to a beautiful family that is poor, or a smart family that are dwarves, etc. Life has a way of balancing itself. This was deliberate but one thing is sure, regardless of the circumstances one is born into YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO RISE ABOVE IT. history is replete with such individuals who rose above their circumstances. STOP BEING A LAZY SELFISH ATHEIST!

If those are your reasons for saying you would rather not exist and by extension not desire kids, then I am sorry to say that those are some of the most stupid mind sets to have as they are dangerously warped and destructively ignorant.
First of all am not a fan of name calling, if you think you've got a point, make your case without resulting to calling me names.

Pain
Even though pain serves as a warning mechanism, it isn't necessary a good thing. The kind of pain am talking about here is really excruciating pain, the kind that might be caused by cancer or accident among other things. When one chooses to give birth it is not usually done with the knowledge of the above. How i feel about the issue is devoid of selfishness or laziness

On the issue of parenthood what you are saying is that we should have children because well life has a way of balancing itself? And we are able to procreate. Is that supposed to be reason enough to bring someone who we are supposed to love into this chaotic,selfish world. Whose stay might end up getting short and painful. Well its all probability and i am not taking that bet.

On lack of control over emotions
We human suffer from the illusion of having control over what we feel. ask those who are depressed or those suffering from one kind of addiction. They will always think they have control. Human emotions can never be likend to a light switch it's not just that simple. You say religion is like a safety mechanism, i think it's like alcohol.
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by pesty100(m): 7:51am On Jan 10, 2018
butterflyl1on:

You failed to read and understand properly. I know we choose our own purpose which was why I directly asked him for his own purpose as an atheist outside his job since he said his comments are solely his personal opinion and atheism has no purpose and offers nothing and that we only live so we can become worm food. Can you show me where I suggested there was a preset purpose? Saying you beg to differ is simply you begging to support since I never said anything you differed with to begin with.
living to become worm food isn't necessary a bad thing. If you are scared of being eaten by worm when you die then as that you are cremated.
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by pesty100(m): 8:05am On Jan 10, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Let me refresh your memory with your own post.

You said atheism OFFERS AN ALTERNATIVE WAY OF VIEWING THE WORLD FREE OF RELIGIOUS DOGMAS.

now let me break it down to you since you fail to understand the import words carry.

Religion is a way of viewing the world which when adhered to produces results such as hope, faith, joy, love, goodness, kindness, etc

Now you said atheism is an ALTERNATIVE WAY of viewing the world free of the above.

You seem not to realise that what you simply said is that atheism is an alternative. When one thing offers something then an alternative is also meant to offer something which is meant to be better when compared to the other but here you are saying that this alternative view OFFERS NOTHING AND HAS NO PURPOSE. cheesy grin

very profound words which strike at the very heart of atheism and further declares that atheism is hopeless. How can anyone spend his years on something that has NO PURPOSE AND OFFERS NOTHING?

Care to explain?
Theism like atheism offer nothing except being a stance supporting the issue of a God.

Christian theism or Islamic theism offer their own versions of or that version of truth to produce faith, joy etc in believers.

When you say religion you automatically assume it Christianity but then Christianity isn't the only religion on earth.

Well if am mistaken I'd like to know what theism offers
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by butterflyl1on: 8:19am On Jan 10, 2018
pesty100:

Theism like atheism offer nothing except being a stance supporting the issue of a God.

Christian theism or Islamic theism offer their own versions of or that version of truth to produce faith, joy etc in believers.

When you say religion you automatically assume it Christianity but then Christianity isn't the only religion on earth.

Well if am mistaken I'd like to know what theism offers

How can you an atheist say theism offers nothing when I just enumerated what theism offers above when talking about your comment about alternatives. Let me post my comment again below

The above quote was authoritatively given by me as the theist I am and which you are not. I know the benefits since I have experienced and I am experiencing them.

Speaking to you as a Christian you should know that I am not holding brief for Islam so kindly focus on my version of theism and not another.

Also you and I have been able to establish that atheism has NO PURPOSE and OFFERS NOTHING. Those were your very words.

Theism isn't a stance. Theism is a lifestyle (allow me explain this)

Theism has standards and those standards have been set for her followers so they can live by them and become better people in character, love, kindness, goodness, peace, excellence in service, etc.

Atheism on the other hand has NO STANDARDS since as you put it, has no purpose and offers nothing. What has no purpose, has no direction. what has no direction has no standards. what has no standards, is a messed up, confused, and in a world where everyone wishes to be purpose driven, is simply an idiotic worldview to hold on to.
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by butterflyl1on: 8:28am On Jan 10, 2018
pesty100:

First of all am not a fan of name calling, if you think you've got a point, make your case without resulting to calling me names.

Pain
Even though pain serves as a warning mechanism, it isn't necessary a good thing. The kind of pain am talking about here is really excruciating pain, the kind that might be caused by cancer or accident among other things. When one chooses to give birth it is not usually done with the knowledge of the above. How i feel about the issue is devoid of selfishness or laziness

On the issue of parenthood what you are saying is that we should have children because well life has a way of balancing itself? And we are able to procreate. Is that supposed to be reason enough to bring someone who we are supposed to love into this chaotic,selfish world. Whose stay might end up getting short and painful. Well its all probability and i am not taking that bet.

On lack of control over emotions
We human suffer from the illusion of having control over what we feel. ask those who are depressed or those suffering from one kind of addiction. They will always think they have control. Human emotions can never be likend to a light switch it's not just that simple. You say religion is like a safety mechanism, i think it's like alcohol.

I did not call YOU names. I called YOUR WORLDVIEW stupid. Note the difference.

Those who give birth already know it comes with a degree of pain. You would do well to interview as many women as you wish about this. Also why would accidents not produce pain when such pains help to aid areas attention is required.

You say this world is selfish and chaotic. Indeed it is and this you see because you hold a worldview which is devoid of hope as an atheist. But as the theist I am I have hope that it can and will get better. What others may go through, I or my kids would not go through same and even if we do, it would be on a much less degree.
You are still buttressing the hopelessness of atheism. grin

Emotions are controllable. Simply say you lack this self control mechanism. Speak for yourself and not for those who have mastered theirs.

There are people who have mastered control over anger, pain, hatred, etc. Or do you claim not to know this?
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by pesty100(m): 8:30am On Jan 10, 2018
butterflyl1on:

How can you an atheist say theism offers nothing when I just enumerated what theism offers above when talking about your comment about alternatives. Let me post my comment again below

The above quote was authoritatively given by me as the theist I am and which you are not. I know the benefits since I have experienced and I am experiencing them.

Speaking to you as a Christian you should know that I am not holding brief for Islam so kindly focus on my version of theism and not another.

Also you and I have been able to establish that atheism has NO PURPOSE and OFFERS NOTHING. Those were your very words.

Theism isn't a stance. Theism is a lifestyle (allow me explain this)

Theism has standards and those standards have been set for her followers so they can live by them and become better people in character, love, kindness, goodness, peace, excellence in service, etc.

Atheism on the other hand has NO STANDARDS since as you put it, has no purpose and offers nothing. What has no purpose, has no direction, what has no direction has no standards, what has no standards, is a messed up, confused, and in a world where everyone wishes to be purpose driven, is simply an idiotic worldview to hold on to.

fact is theism is different from Christian theism.

Simply put you say yaweeh exist i say no Gods exists yaweeh included.

I think have already told that one's purpose is something we determine ourselves. Atheism doesn't determine purpose for anyone.

The funny thing is even you yourself choose your purpose in life be you a Christian theist. You always have the option of choosing.
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by butterflyl1on: 8:37am On Jan 10, 2018
pesty100:
living to become worm food isn't necessary a bad thing. If you are scared of being eaten by worm when you die then as that you are cremated.

Nobody is scared of worms or having their DEAD BODY eaten by them but here is my thing, why then do you see life as important (like you being and remaining alive) if at the end of the day you simply die and that's it for you and the worms have a buffet?

If this world is so terrible and so full of selfishness and chaos and pain as you believe why do you not simply take the easy way out and end it all? It shouldn't be so hard to do for someone like you should it?
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by butterflyl1on: 8:45am On Jan 10, 2018
pesty100:

I think have already told that one's purpose is something we determine ourselves. Atheism doesn't determine purpose for anyone.

The funny thing is even you yourself choose your purpose in life be you a Christian theist. You always have the option of choosing.

Damn right I chose my job purpose, I can choose my wife (that's another purpose). I can choose my car or kind of apartment (that's another purpose) but here lies the difference between you and I. I do not choose these various purposes for selfish reasons. I choose them for sake of helping in my own way to make this world a much better place, to help someone, to bring joy to someone and to use it to preach my Jesus who is the catalyst for all hope, joy, faith, love, peace, kindness, goodness etc which are all ways of seasoning this world which you claim is selfish, chaotic and full of pain.

Now between this worldview I have mentioned here and yours which do you logically think makes a hell of a lot more sense to a world you claim is messed up? Is it yours that has NO PURPOSE AND OFFERS NOTHING or mine which offers all of the above to your world of chaos, pain and selfishness?
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by butterflyl1on: 8:53am On Jan 10, 2018
pesty100:

If you say NO GODS EXIST, How do you know this? Have you seen all and been everywhere both on earth and beyond to know this? Have you tasted death to know that there is nothing beyond it?

Please explain this omniscient ability you exclusively own to me.
Re: Why People Are Atheists? by pesty100(m): 8:55am On Jan 10, 2018
butterflyl1on:

I did not call YOU names. I called YOUR WORLDVIEW stupid. Note the difference.

Those who give birth already know it comes with a degree of pain. You would do well to interview as many women as you wish about this. Also why would accidents not produce pain when such pains help to aid areas attention is required.

You say this world is selfish and chaotic. Indeed it is and this you see because you hold a worldview which is devoid of hope as an atheist. But as the theist I am I have hope that it can and will get better. What others may go through, I or my kids would not go through same and even if we do, it would be on a much less degree.
You are still buttressing the hopelessness of atheism. grin

Emotions are controllable. Simply say you lack this self control mechanism. Speak for yourself and not for those who have mastered theirs.

There are people who have mastered control over anger, pain, hatred, etc. Or do you claim not to know this?
Care to illustrate what "STOP BEING A LAZY SELFISH ATHEIST!" means. I take offence at being called lazy and selfish.

How is the Excruciating pain someone with cancer that is terminal feels necessary? Or someone whose leg is cut off but still feels pain from the phantom limb necessary? For we human even though pain is necessary in some situations there are plenty of other situations where it's unnecessary and we still feel it. I don't want to bring a child into the world where the child might end up having to live with pain that's unnecessary.

My worldview isn't devoid of hope it's objective. Seeing things as they are doesn't necessarily mean that one is hopeless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Occult Or Occultism! / Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.