Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,754 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Persistence Is Key In Your Christian Race - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Persistence Is Key In Your Christian Race (526 Views)

Which Part Of Your Christian Life Do You Need To Improve This Year? / The Christian Race Is Not A Life Of Comfort / Get Your Christian And Muslim Novels At An Affordable Prices!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Persistence Is Key In Your Christian Race by FaithfulServant(m): 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2018
“I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 3:14).

Persistency is continuing to do something or trying to do something even though it is difficult. The Christian journey is a race, and the target finishing line for all Christians is to get to the kingdom of God after this present life. In race energy is exerted, and the runner may sometimes feel within himself to give up, while some eventually give up before they get to the finish line.

We give up on our Christian race because we don’t know the prize that lies in front of us for those who strive not to be tired and do all their best to get to the finish line. In your Christian race you have to be persistent. Nothing good they say comes easy. You will be ridiculed by many along the line, but Christ has admonished us to be of good cheer when men revile us and say all manner of things against us falsely for His sake (Matthew 5:11-12).

In our text, apostle Paul pressed on toward the mark for the prize, which is to inherit the kingdom of God (Philippians 3:14). To “press on” means to keep on doing something even though it may seem difficult and at the end of the race, He was able to say, “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith” (2 Timothy 4:7).

Apostle Paul was able to finish his Christian race on a bright note because he was persistent. It wasn’t a bed of roses for him. Faced trials numerous times, imprisoned several times, scourged and flogged, but yet his attention was still on the finish line.

Be persistent in all areas of your Christian life. Whether in prayer (1 Thessalonians 5:17), study of the word of God (2 Timothy 2:15), fellowship with other brethren (Hebrews 10:25), fasting and other aspects of your Christian life, and in due time, you will yield the benefit and reward (Revelation 22:12). Be persistent in your prayer life. This is the area many don’t get it right. Prayer is very important in your Christian journey (Ephesians 6:18) and one week without prayer in your Christian journey may attract danger from the camp of the enemy (1 Peter 5:8 ). Keep on striving and I pray the Lord will give the strength to finish your Christian race till the very end.

Prayer

Dear Lord Jesus, you rightly said in your word that I can do nothing with you (John 15:5). So therefore Lord, I pray you give me the strength to continue my Christian race without getting tired or giving up, so that at the end of the my course, I will be able to see you in your kingdom and live eternally with you forever and ever. Amen.

(1) (Reply)

The Judgement Day. / In Defence Of Tithing / Video: Riot In Abuja As Islamic Movement Of Nigeria Protest Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.