Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,873 members, 7,798,930 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

What I Discussed With Buhari In Aso Rock On Benue Herdsmen Attack – Gov. Ortom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Discussed With Buhari In Aso Rock On Benue Herdsmen Attack – Gov. Ortom (571 Views)

What APC Governors Discussed With Buhari On Tuesday / 2019: What I Discussed With Buhari Before Joining APC – Uzor Kalu / 2019 Elections: What Buhari Discussed With Service Chiefs In Closed Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Discussed With Buhari In Aso Rock On Benue Herdsmen Attack – Gov. Ortom by Ecstasy154(m): 3:23pm On Jan 09, 2018
Samuel Ortom, Governor of Benue State, on Tuesday said the killing perpetrated by herdsmen in the State became worse due to “threat without action,”

Ortom said this while asking President Muhammadu Buhari to do the needful about the killings in the state.

Speaking with State House Correspondents after a closed-door meeting with the President at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, the governor said Buhari had been carrying out some investigations to know the next line of action to take on the situation.

According to Ortom,“I briefed Mr President when this incident took place on January 1. After staying back on the ground to do the needful to ensure that we restore normalcy, I said it was important for me to come personally and brief him and that has been done.

“Already, because of the communications we have been having when this incidents started, actions have been taken as directed by him. The movement of the DIG, the movement of the IG now to relocate to Benue state to ensure that this challenge is surmounted was at the instance of Mr President.

“Of course, additional personnel of DSS and police have been deployed and even the army. We have additional personnel on ground now. We have adequately and fully given them the logistics support to ensure that our people are protected.

“I had to brief him, he is also doing further investigation to know the next line of action. I believe that my request that the leadership of Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore be arrested be approved… I accused them directly since June last year. I have been writing to the leadership of security agencies, that these people are a threat to our collective interest and they must be dealt with.

“They must be arrested and prosecuted because we cannot allow impunity to continue to thrive. And of course, threat and no action has resulted in this killing and I think that Mr President will also do the needful to ensure something is done.”

http://dailypost.ng/2018/01/09/discussed-buhari-aso-rock-benue-herdsmen-attack-gov-ortom/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Re: What I Discussed With Buhari In Aso Rock On Benue Herdsmen Attack – Gov. Ortom by Hotshawarma(m): 3:32pm On Jan 09, 2018
as usual they are always discussing and nothing positive comes out.....action is what we want...not talk and talk
Re: What I Discussed With Buhari In Aso Rock On Benue Herdsmen Attack – Gov. Ortom by Destinyfavour(m): 3:34pm On Jan 09, 2018
Gov Ortom must be dreaming, he expect PMB to arrest and prosecute his kinsmen, that is impossible. A president that said attack on boko haram insurgents is attack on the north cannot and will never prosecute fulani herdsmen.
Re: What I Discussed With Buhari In Aso Rock On Benue Herdsmen Attack – Gov. Ortom by sarrki(m): 3:35pm On Jan 09, 2018
Ok
Re: What I Discussed With Buhari In Aso Rock On Benue Herdsmen Attack – Gov. Ortom by SalamRushdie: 3:39pm On Jan 09, 2018
Wasted meeting because Buhari will neverr act against Herdsmen
Re: What I Discussed With Buhari In Aso Rock On Benue Herdsmen Attack – Gov. Ortom by morbeta(m): 3:41pm On Jan 09, 2018
Doyen Okupe has said it all. Don't be deceived additional DSS ansd Army is laughable.
Re: What I Discussed With Buhari In Aso Rock On Benue Herdsmen Attack – Gov. Ortom by Jesusloveyou: 3:49pm On Jan 09, 2018
Buhari is working
Re: What I Discussed With Buhari In Aso Rock On Benue Herdsmen Attack – Gov. Ortom by pupsyd: 3:55pm On Jan 09, 2018
Ok, next line of action

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Govt's Ajaokuta-abuja-kaduna-kano Gas Pipeline Project Is Uneconomical / Benue Killings:"defend Yourself With Whatever You Have" - Ortom, Benue State Gov / '2019 Election Will Be Peaceful' - Prophet Omotosho Tope Joseph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.