Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Country Music Lovers Corner - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Country Music Lovers Corner (5447 Views)

Country Music In Nigeria, Kenny Rogers, Don Williams, Do Nigerians Appreciate It / Country Music / Beats By Dr. Dre Monster Headphones For Music Professionals And Music Lovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Country Music Lovers Corner by menipo(m): 9:19pm On Apr 09, 2010
hello   people.  i   recently   fell   in  love   with   artist   like:taylor   swift,carrie   underwood,colbie  caillbat.   these   guys    songs   rock.if  you  love  country  music,kindly drop ur all time best and the track.
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by Mobinga: 4:44am On Apr 10, 2010
John Dalton- Country road
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by menipo(m): 9:44am On Apr 10, 2010
correct guy! can you list ur top 5?for me is taylor swift-white horse,i told u so-carrie underwood,jessy-,u nt sorry-taylor.
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by menipo(m): 12:47pm On Apr 10, 2010
@Mobinga I think you must be talking about John Denver. - Take me home Country Road
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by eldee(m): 1:16pm On Apr 10, 2010
menipo:

correct guy! can you list your top 5?for me is taylor swift-white horse,i told u so-carrie underwood,jessy-,u nt sorry-taylor.

1. Kenny Rogers
2. Dolly Parton
3. Jim Reeves
4. Jonny Cash
5. The Osmonds.

I don't understand these new R'n'Bish country music, I'm still rocking the ones from the gys I grew up with.
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by menipo(m): 1:30pm On Apr 10, 2010
@eldee,if you love these old skol countrys then you should someone like carrie underwood.just take your time to listen to the lyrics.she's a classic.
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by eldee(m): 1:39pm On Apr 10, 2010
menipo:

@eldee,if you love these old skol countrys then you should someone like carrie underwood.just take your time to listen to the lyrics.she's a classic.

I do like Carrie Underwood . . . I just don't get Taylor Swift.

1 Like

Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by semid4lyfe(m): 5:38pm On Apr 10, 2010
Una dey talk country music and una no mention Sugarland?
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by menipo(m): 5:47pm On Apr 10, 2010
@semid4lyfe   that   ws   y   i  said   ur   top   5.just   like   eldee  he   likes   old  skol   country.i  love   both.which  2   listen   to  more.i  will   check   sugarland   out.
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by Mobinga: 9:32pm On Apr 10, 2010
YEAH! John Denver.
That dude is classic.
#Boys are not smiling.
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by kaypumpin2(m): 1:36am On Apr 11, 2010
eldee:

1. Kenny Rogers
2. Dolly Parton
3. Jim Reeves
4. Jonny Cash
5. The Osmonds.

I don't understand these new R'n'Bish country music, I'm still rocking the ones from the gys I grew up with.

You left out Don Williams and Keith Urban? shocked I agree these new generation of country music crooners are total deviation from what it used to be.That "natural" sound of the guitar box,accordion and "mouth organ" that made country music what it is seems to have been stamped out.
El,like i told you in the other country music thread,try gettin the below albums.They are the closest to the real country music of old.

Lonestar-----Greatest hit and Let's be us again
Faith Hill----------Fireflies and Breathe
Shania Twain--------Up

These albums are masterpiece! cool
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by Mobinga: 5:07am On Apr 11, 2010
John Denver
Jim Reeves.
Dolly Parton.
#Boys are not smiling.
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by menipo(m): 8:52am On Apr 11, 2010
@kay-pumpkin,   i  dig   your   collection.   nice  one.u    know   the  real   deal.thanks  for   ur   contribution.
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by eldee(m): 12:52pm On Apr 11, 2010
kay_pumpin:

You left out Don Williams and Keith Urban? shocked I agree these new generation of country music crooners are total deviation from what it used to be.That "natural" sound of the guitar box,accordion and "mouth organ" that made country music what it is seems to have been stamped out.
El,like i told you in the other country music thread,try gettin the below albums.They are the closest to the real country music of old.

Lonestar-----Greatest hit and Let's be us again
Faith Hill----------Fireflies and Breathe
Shania Twain--------Up

These albums are masterpiece! cool

I got Fireflies and Up since then, still looking for the rest.

I'm planning to get a vinyl record set . . . my mum's still got the Dolly's '9-5 and Odd Jobs' album and a few Kenny Rogers ones.
Just makes me look cool playing country music of the 70s in it's purest form. grin grin
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by menipo(m): 6:34pm On Apr 11, 2010
hey  guys!hw   abt  setting  up   a  bar/club   for   country   music  lovers.where  all  is   playd   on   the   background  is  country  then   karaokes    at  weekends.
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by MissyB1(m): 10:12pm On Apr 17, 2010
I'm a Die hard fan of Country Music. I mean REAL Country, not the ones we have today.

Good Ole Boys - Don Williams
You're my best Friend - Don Williams
You will think of me - Keith Urban
Tonight I wanna cry - Keith Urban
I want to be Your everything - Keith Urban
There You are - Willie Nelson
If Drinking don't kill me, her memory will - George Jones kiss
I cross my heart - George Strait
If I know me - George Strait
Hello Darling - George Jones

I could go on and on and on and on. Viva Country!!! kiss kiss
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by menipo(m): 10:43pm On Apr 17, 2010
@missy 1st lady in d house welcome 2 d club.well i feel u sha.nice 1.u must by d old skol fan.well try & balance them but.
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by menipo(m): 2:44pm On Apr 18, 2010
hey guys!this thread is fading slowly.please let's make our presence felt in this section.Does it mean we Country music guys are very small.
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by MissyB1(m): 9:16pm On Apr 18, 2010
I was actually hoping people would list some country songs so I can add to ma Library.
Anyways, I'll just start posting from ma hotlist.

If Drinking Don't Kill Me, Her Memory Will - George Jones  kiss kiss
[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_10IiuP2GfQ[/flash]

Say It's Not You - George Jones kiss kiss kiss
[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbZqMc-SlWM[/flash]

A Picture Of Me Without You - George Jones
[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2aQkbugF5Y[/flash]  smiley kiss kiss
This one actually makes me smile. Great One!!

Remember When - Alan Jackson smiley kiss
[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYu5FFFZyho[/flash]
This is Just the perfect one to listen to when You think of how far You've come with Your Partner.
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by Mmmbop: 10:28pm On Apr 18, 2010
The one genre of music I cannot stand! cheesy
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by MissyB1(m): 10:51pm On Apr 18, 2010
As long as You keep visiting this thread, You will get to Like it and thank me later. smiley
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by menipo(m): 10:57pm On Apr 18, 2010
@mmmbop.   please   fade like   the   fading   strings   of   a  Guitar.Who  needs  your   comment.why   did  you   have  to   post  when   you   are   not   a  fan.kindly    go  to  your   corner   and  , @missy thanks for that comment.i guess he's falling for it without knowing.Curiousity they say kills the cat.
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by Mmmbop: 11:01pm On Apr 18, 2010
Missy B:

As long as You keep visiting this thread, You will get to Like it and thank me later. smiley
Lol i doubt it, but ride on smiley

menipo:

@mmmbop.   please   fade like   the   fading   strings   of   a  Guitar.Who  needs  your   comment.why   did  you   have  to   post  when   you   are   not   a  fan.kindly    go  to  your   corner   and  , @missy   thanks   for   that   comment.i   guess   he's   falling   for   it   without  knowing.Curiousity   they   say    kills    the  cat.
Sorry
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by homiben(m): 3:12am On Apr 19, 2010
Aha! Make una feel a little of my kind of country flavour. Its a blend of your old school & my very own nu skool
carrie underworld - b4 he cheats
taylor swift - breathe (2 gbaski), crazier, come wit d rain
shania twain - no one needs 2 know
lilly Allen - not fair
sorry, I'm a feminist! Lol,
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by homiben(m): 3:15am On Apr 19, 2010
Aha! Make una feel a little of my kind of country flavour. Its a blend of your old school & my very own nu skool
lilly Allen - not fair
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by menipo(m): 6:15am On Apr 19, 2010
@homiben i day feel you die. i love your list.i'll give more later cos i got to rush to work now to beat the traffic.
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by MissyB1(m): 9:07am On Apr 19, 2010
homiben:

lilly Allen - not fair

I kinda Like Carrie Underworld. You guys should do more of Old Country. It's the sh1t.
B.T.W, It would be nice if You can post Videos.

You'll think of me - Keith Urban
[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeiFvP2o_g4[/flash]
Good One for an Ex. cheesy

Making memories of us - Keith Urban kiss smiley
[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y1oW_CBoAE[/flash]
It doesn't get better than this. Sing this to any Girl and watch her go Cwazy. grin

Tonight I wanna Cry - Keith Urban
[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8PGmYymhwI[/flash] kiss
This one brings tears to ma Eyes. I'm Always high on this song. kiss
Lyrics: [size=5pt]I've never been the kind to ever let ma feelings show
I thought that being strong meant never losing your self-control
but I'm just drunk enough to let go of ma pains
to hell with ma pride, let it fall like rain from ma eyes. . . .
Tonight I wanna Cry
[/size]

I wanna be Your everything - Keith Urban
[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlkQwDHCnog[/flash]
I wanna be Your everything. kiss kiss
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by menipo(m): 9:48am On Apr 19, 2010
@Missy B. God! you make wanna, That is sooo cooool Correct person that's what i'm talking about.I'LL MAKE OUT TIME to do mine own updates. WatchOut ya'll
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by MissyB1(m): 12:52pm On Apr 19, 2010
I'm not sure this is Country but I've made it ma own Country. It kills me. cheesy  kiss kiss
After more than 50 times of listening to it,
it still has same effect it had on me the first time.

Kiss and Say Goodbye - Manhattans  kiss cry
[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1e6RK4aMWI[/flash]
It's a bitter-sweet feeling. Talk of Pure Irony - I'm gonna miss You and Your leaving would hurt me but Let's kiss and say Goodbye. smiley  cry  kiss Classic break up song.

I kinda miss You - Manhattans  cool kiss
[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuMW-e3V9cQ[/flash]
This is kinda the part 2 of the 'Kiss and say Goodbye''. After the Goodbye, this is the aftermath. Some people just go and take a part of You along. cheesy kiss

Do You really mean Goodbye - Manhattans smiley cry
[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImK5r0k3plo[/flash]
They killed it here again. cheesy Country music is ageless. God bless these Legends. kiss kiss
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by menipo(m): 2:34pm On Apr 19, 2010
@Missy b keep them rolling i'm gonna hit you hard when i'm done. Nice one. Big Ups!!
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by menipo(m): 3:28pm On Apr 19, 2010
Carrie Underwood wins ACM Entertainer of the Year.

Check details on this http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/19/carrie-underwood-wins-acm_n_542642.html
Re: Country Music Lovers Corner by menipo(m): 6:07pm On Apr 19, 2010
hey guys this chic just unplugged my song and gave me real old skol country Dear John by Bobby Dare.that was cool.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Video: Watch And Download Tiwa Savage Ft Don Jazzy - Eminado / Top 10 Nigerian Rap Songs Of All Time / Damoche Damilola Is Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.