Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) (35229 Views)

All Keke Napep In V.I, Lagos Removed Their Roofs On Their Way Out Of Lagos. VIDE / Akwa Ibom Traders Shut "The Gates Of Market" Against VP Yemi Osinbajo(Video) / Akpabio Orders Forceful Pulling Down Of Entrance Gates Of G.O.A Int'l Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by 3rdavefarms(m): 8:27am On Jan 10, 2018
They should hold the govt responsible for anything eveilnin that area
Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by Meritocracy: 8:27am On Jan 10, 2018
Individual can put gates on his personal properties.
Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by thorpido(m): 8:27am On Jan 10, 2018
Makes sense because motorists can use alternative routes and easy access in case of emergencies.
The down side is there is not always adequate security measures in place.
Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by zombieTRACKER: 8:30am On Jan 10, 2018
Gates of hell removed

More people will go to hell
Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by Abagworo(m): 8:31am On Jan 10, 2018
Will they provide adequate security?
Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by buchilino(m): 8:32am On Jan 10, 2018
Pavore9:
LASG has now acquired a free gate! cheesy

MY BROTHER, U JUST SPOKE MY MIND
Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by ba7man(m): 8:40am On Jan 10, 2018
Ezechinwa:
2019 Elections, we will still vote the wrong person in, as we have been doing since 1960. I wish ambode was the president .
Even if Ambode gets the Presidency, there is a cabal there to frustrate his policies.
Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by alhajisocrates: 8:44am On Jan 10, 2018
THESE AREA WILL BECOME PRONE TO CRIMINALS.

PROVIDE SECURITY BEFORE REMOVING THE GATES...
Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by Namt: 8:45am On Jan 10, 2018
I love d move because they hv take law into their hand depriving other individual imagine I came 4rm a journey with stress n meet d locked our street gate dat is late it's took mi more than 45min I hv to called my neighbor to Asist mi to go n look 4 d gateman 4rm 1 bigma house b4 d open it 4 mi n his still telling mi rubbish that I knew d usual closing hour Jst imagin dat
Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by dotun365: 8:49am On Jan 10, 2018
Paulosky1900:

That's Nigeria for you, high rate of armed robbery everywhere, I know it's not their personal properties but the governor just paved way for armed robbery in those areas cos Nigeria itself lacks security
But it also appears as if the government is beefing up security in the state. With time we might not need all those gates again. #itesiwajueko
Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by omooba969(m): 8:49am On Jan 10, 2018
Nigeria. cool
Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by amunkita(m): 9:02am On Jan 10, 2018
MasterKim:

Why should you put gates on a public road like it's your personal property?
I understand it's because of security but it just don't make sense locking a street up

Do u really ve idea wat led to those gates u see today
Those gates were not sited there based on a person decision but a collective decision of every member of the street.

Do u know that those gates where responsible for sending forth robbers to the outside world instead of robbing homes for hours, raping nd murdering those who had less.
Then, not a single room was spared when they start but with these gates, they looked else where..

Yes it's a public road but when the govt fails to give u security to live, you don't fold hands nd wait...
Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by alizma: 9:02am On Jan 10, 2018
[quote author=Paulosky1900 post=64049624]I thought those gates were for safety of those living within.....just don't understand the reasons for removing those gates :-

Gates of GATED streets; this means there is already a gate at the entrance but some people decided to put another gate somewhere between their own house and the street entrance gate. This often results in having to or more gates on the same street. If you are privileged to live in any of such streets and you have your own car, you will understand the problems that usually accompanied such multiple gate idea. You may get to a particular gate on the street and have to wait for 5 to 10 precious minutes before you get the gateman there to open the gate probably because he is engaged in another job inside by his boss.
Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by tete7000(m): 9:04am On Jan 10, 2018
Paulosky1900:
I thought those gates were for safety of those living within.....just don't understand the reasons for removing those gates undecided

The problem is that many of those gates are throughways for motor traffic. The govt has before now given directives that if gates will be installed on public routes, then they must remain open within a particular time range, I also think they insisted that those on important routes have to be manned so that there will be people to open them in case of emergency.
These instructions from the govt though make some sense have not been adhered to by some communities, hence the need to pull down the gates.

1 Like

Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by hurricaneChris: 9:07am On Jan 10, 2018
wagazala:
The policy was clear. Gates must be open between certain given times. Some streets in my area leave their gates shut on weekends and close them as early as 6pm during the week. This causes heavy traffic gridlock on the only available route.
Kudos to Lasg for enforcing this.

Do you live in Onike yaba Lagos?
The rubbish they do on Da Costa Street and Tobun Street just has to stop

Abeg Ambode, send your boys to Onike Yaba. Someone can not have late night time out again and drive in peace, some mallams will be forming boss to open gate for you.

1 Like

Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by yusufbida(m): 9:12am On Jan 10, 2018
[quote author= post=64049061]Senior Special Assistant to Gov Ambode on Community Affairs, Alhaji Tajudeen Adeniyi Quadri led the State enforcement team to one of the non compliant gated streets during the monitoring and enforcement exercise of the State Govt's policy on Gated Streets across the metropolis.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2018/01/photos-gates-of-gated-streets-within.html

[/quoted]

In my resident state we that know anything called GATED STREET we comes and goes out of street any fucking time without stress.
Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by yusufbida(m): 9:13am On Jan 10, 2018
[quote author= post=64049061]Senior Special Assistant to Gov Ambode on Community Affairs, Alhaji Tajudeen Adeniyi Quadri led the State enforcement team to one of the non compliant gated streets during the monitoring and enforcement exercise of the State Govt's policy on Gated Streets across the metropolis.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2018/01/photos-gates-of-gated-streets-within.html

[/quoted]

In my resident state we that know anything called GATED STREETS we comes and goes out of street any fucking time without stress.
Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by VISTIN(m): 9:20am On Jan 10, 2018
The government didn't condemn the idea of streets having gates.

What they're saying is that they should be open between 5am to 12am.

But most streets lock their own 24hrs. And you know some of the streets serve as link roads to other people.

So, what the government is doing is this, if they come during the day and the gate is locked, it's gone.

God is our protector

2 Likes

Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by Finestbae1(f): 9:29am On Jan 10, 2018
Oh My God!

I hope they don't remove our beautiful estate gate here in VGC.
Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by FunkyAlhaji2015: 9:36am On Jan 10, 2018
vertueptime:

No b only night dem de lock am plus gateman de

Them no need lock public facility at all. There is 24hours freedom of movement. I'm free to move to any public place of my choice eg public roads, parks, squares etc as long as I no constitute nuisance. Good move

2 Likes

Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by enonche85(m): 9:37am On Jan 10, 2018
MasterKim:

I understand it's because of security but it just don't make sense locking a street up

Why won't dey put gates as security measures when the so called govt is lacking in dat aspect?
Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by wura2020: 9:42am On Jan 10, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
good development..

ibadan people too like that nonsense.

putting gates everywhere like say na dem own the land.

one of their nonsense gates nearly scratch my car last month because they will only open one.

A good example is Lane 4 at Oluyole Extension Estate in Ibadan where the exit gate is permanently locked. If they want to put a gate there, they should employ a guard to man it
Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by njelrapheal: 9:45am On Jan 10, 2018
MasterKim:

actually it's for gates that do not comply to the 12 to 5 rule. That is, it should only be closed from 12 to 5 am
Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by DeeFlask(m): 9:46am On Jan 10, 2018
Finestbae1:
Oh My God!

I hope they don't remove our beautiful estate gate here in VGC.

u still stay in VGC with all the flooding wahala
Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by cosby07: 9:49am On Jan 10, 2018
naptu2:
There's a reason.

Those gates make it difficult for emergency services to respond to emergencies on time (I witnessed a situation where the police had to go round the block in order to confront armed robbers because the street gates were shut).

The gates also cause traffic jams because they make it impossible for motorists to use alternative routes.

However, it is not all street gates that are being removed. The conditions for having a street gate are that

(1) The gates must be open between 5am and midnight.

2) There must be a guard at the gate that can open it for the emergency services.

It's only when these conditions are not met that the gates are removed.

Agreed with you to some extent, they came to my area at Okota and remove the gates but since 2weeks now it's been robbery back to back.... Yesterday there was a robbery, even on Sunday same thing, instead let them look forward a proper solution.
Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by EarthXmetahuman: 10:00am On Jan 10, 2018
wura2020:

A good example is Lane 4 at Oluyole Extension Estate in Ibadan where the exit gate is permanently locked. If they want to put a gate there, they should employ a guard to man it
exactly. The one that goes towards queen school right?
Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by dubbiskelly(m): 10:15am On Jan 10, 2018
MasterKim:

If only you know how many gates you have to pass through within state House to get to Ambodes official residence. What’s supposed to be more public like as an elected officials residence?

1 Like

Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by lurdkriss: 10:27am On Jan 10, 2018
make this government kuku kill everybody naaa, security no dey, we try secure ourselves still dem no gree, this is not the solution o, God help us.
Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 10, 2018
Paulosky1900:

That's Nigeria for you, high rate of armed robbery everywhere, I know it's not their personal properties but the governor just paved way for armed robbery in those areas cos Nigeria itself lacks security
most of this gates are safety measure. The robbery will be doubled now
Re: Gates Of Gated Streets Within Lagos Removed (Photos) by vertueptime: 11:03am On Jan 10, 2018
FunkyAlhaji2015:

Them no need lock public facility at all. There is 24hours freedom of movement. I'm free to move to any public place of my choice eg public roads, parks, squares etc as long as I no constitute nuisance. Good move

If u notice its only on small streets not major roads, the govmnt has failed to provide security for the people, they have to protect themselves, usually those roads are not connecting roads, if u are a resident or a visitor ul be allowed in after confirmation

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Borno / El-Rufai Mocks Anti-Buhari Nigerians With Music Video / Oshiomhole Group Picks Ize-Iyamu As Edo APC Consensus Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.