Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,484 members, 7,781,452 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:37 PM

From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness (20577 Views)

Ibidun Ighodalo Funeral Service In Pictures / Ibidun Ighodalo Is Dead / Ibidunni Ighodalo Honoured By Dolapo Osinbajo At Runway Jazz Humanitarian Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness by AlexReports(m): 8:25am On Jan 10, 2018
FROM IBIDUNNI IGHODALO FLOWS MILK OF HUMAN KINDNESS

The Yuletide and New Year celebration provided an opportunity for the Ibidunni Ighodalo Foundation o show care and compassion to others

Her eyes widened in perplexity. She looked at staff and the team of volunteers. They had worked very hard and were ready to call it a day, but she could not ignore the passionate plea from these three women carrying their babies. The ceremony was winding down. Against the good judgment of her staff that it was already dusk and that scarcity of petrol had made commuting very difficult, she persuaded them gently to re-consider the decision.

“We came here for these people. We cannot turn them back.” It was an appeal (not a command) from Mrs. Ibidunni Ighodalo, CEO of Elizabeth R, a top-notch events planning company and wife of Ituah Ighodalo, accountant and Senior Pastor of Trinity House. Persuading them with more soothing words, she moved ahead to make the women comfortable. Enveloping one of them in a hug, she took a baby from another.

It was the first edition of the Ibidunni Ighodalo Foundation baby shower charity called, Baby’s Day Out at the Open Field of the Millennium Housing Estate, better known as, Tinubu Estate in Ibeshe-Ikorodu, Lagos.

The IIF had announced that the event was for pregnant women and children between one day and one year old, but the organisers were forced to observe this restriction more in the breach-elderly women, teenagers and single ladies showed up in their thousands to benefit from the IIF largesse. Though there was a captive population in the estate, a teeming number of people joined them from nearby and far-flung neighbourhoods around Ikorodu and beyond.

Buses and trucks marked with the Trinity House and Elizabeth R insignia that carried various gift items were parked beside the field. Personnel from K-Square, a private security company were busy, trying to keep the children and their mothers from becoming unruly. There were two teams of men of the Nigeria Police keeping an eye on the crowd. Thank God, the situation never got out of control. By and large, the mild disruption was foisted on the event by parents who could not stay on the queue and excited children, who scampered to get a gift bag from Santa Claus.

The handout from the IIF were in different categories. Pregnant women were given clothes, baby bath set, raw food items and a bag filled with baby toiletries. Though some mothers tried to shave some months off their grown babies, officials of IIF insisted on giving the baby clothes to the right recipient. For the baby cot bed, pregnant women took to the dance floor to dance to music from DJ Shexy in order to decide who will take it home. The elderly women smiled home with one live chicken and food items.

Mrs. Ibijoke Adeboyejo said she was familiar with the charitable disposition of the Ighodalos since she worshipped under Pastor Ituah at the Redeemed Christian Church of God Christ Church, Gbagada. She got to know about the Baby’s Day Out on Facebook. Mrs. Olayinka Mokwenye heard of the charity through a friend. A good number of the women were residents of the estate. Many of them had modest expectations when they were notified of the event. But it turned out that the organisers exceeded their expectations by far.

Mrs. Bola Egbo, a teacher said she expected a children’s party. “The crowd is too much,” she said. Another teacher, Mrs. Sharon Uche who lives in the estate thought it was going to be a platform for evangelism. Her presumption was fulfilled in another way. “What the Ibidunni Ighodalo did was better than preaching and hitting people on the head with the Bible. They carried out practical Christianity.” Mrs. Shakirah Lawal, a Medical Laboratory Scientist said she saw much more than she expected. Mrs. Florence Uju confessed that the IIF came with loads of gifts, but advised that they should be better organized next time. Perhaps, the luckiest of the women was Mrs. Jennifer Ojukwu who was vising her sister in the estate. As a pregnant woman, she was not only gifted with items for her unborn baby and herself, her four children also went home with gifts.

An IIF spokesperson said the organization was growing fast and was beginning to accommodate responsibilities which were not part of its original obligation. “We set out to help couples who were challenged with conception. It was a simple obedience to God. When you walk with God, you do not know where He is taking you. You just follow Him in complete trust and surrender. God is opening new horizons. Everything is related. When couples conceive, the next thing is a baby. The expansion of our mission is within rational progression.”

On New Year Day, the IIF team led by Ibidunni and her husband, Pastor Ituah visited five hospitals within Lagos; including Island Maternity, Lagos, Ajeromi General Hospital in Ajegunle, the Mother and Child Hospital at Amuwo Odofin, the General Hospital in Mushin and the Gbagada General Hospital. At every facility, they distributed gifts to the babies born on New Year Day and their mothers. They also paid bills indigent patients

http://www.alexreports.info/2018/01/touching-from-ibidunni-ighodalo-flows.html?m=0

2 Likes

Re: From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness by kobosmart(m): 8:27am On Jan 10, 2018
Passionate pastor wives make me Hot grin
Re: From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 10, 2018
Dear People,

Religious bodies/figures make a whole lot of meaning when they go beyond prayers and, or fasting to giving to the needy, rather than focus on collecting from them angry

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness by forayfleo(m): 8:51am On Jan 10, 2018
God bless you ma

2 Likes

Re: From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness by anomsodi(m): 8:52am On Jan 10, 2018
Space pls
Re: From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness by ideabuilder: 8:52am On Jan 10, 2018
I was hoping to see milk, so far there's none

2 Likes

Re: From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness by NaoSlay: 8:53am On Jan 10, 2018

shocked

This is one of the positive script from the religious industry.

Hope other pastorpreneurs would play more script like this in order to redeem their image.

Wrestlemania script writers need to relocate to Nigeria in order to help the pastorpreneurs.

2 Likes

Re: From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness by ipobarecriminals: 8:53am On Jan 10, 2018
cool according to freeze, don't assist /give anything to anybody. Eat alone and die alone.Spit on his yellow head

2 Likes

Re: From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness by dominique(f): 8:53am On Jan 10, 2018
Bless her heart

I bet a lot of people doesn't know she's a former lux girl

2 Likes

Re: From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness by chinawapz(m): 8:53am On Jan 10, 2018
It is good to be kind.....
Re: From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness by Activeman391(m): 8:54am On Jan 10, 2018
Woman of grace and passion for God
Re: From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness by MetroBaba1(m): 8:54am On Jan 10, 2018
Some Women Are Naturally Kind.
Re: From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness by Shadbay(m): 8:55am On Jan 10, 2018
Weird Fp caption..
Re: From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness by dasphinx1(m): 8:55am On Jan 10, 2018
dominique:
Bless her heart

I bet a lot of people doesn't know she's a former lux girl

Really? Thats cool.
Re: From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness by holycup(m): 8:56am On Jan 10, 2018
ideabuilder:
I was hoping to see milk, so far there's none

i dont know you will come into this new year for this kind of deluded comments again.its not funny at all,pls try something new.#Anumpama#
Re: From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 10, 2018
angry

∆ ∆
Re: From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness by 2shure: 9:01am On Jan 10, 2018
fuc we all do this everyday
and feel no pain
walk up to a bar
order for champaigne
pepper soup for every niggi in the house
okpos no even complain.
y make it public
why take pictures when we all know most naija pastors are on Hell plane.
Re: From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness by jy2kbeyond(m): 9:11am On Jan 10, 2018
The lady in the last picture... So emotional that i think she once was so rich and able to afford clothes. Now she has to rely on pity and piety to get one of the basics of life.... undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness by QuietHammer(m): 9:18am On Jan 10, 2018
Pastor collects tithe and offerings from sheeples and gives a percentage of the tax free lucre to his wife.
The wife in turn gives the lucre to the less privileged in form of charity.

Sheeples : *standing ovation * "Bravo! Bravo! Magnifico!

1 Like

Re: From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness by Abdul3391(m): 10:07am On Jan 10, 2018
God bless u ma
others should see and learn from her and not posing and answering our mummy pastor or mummy G. O
Re: From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness by thunderbabs: 10:14am On Jan 10, 2018
Whatz d name of the church so that we can tell freeze to write it in his register.... No bashing of dz church.. grin
Re: From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness by rawtouch: 10:35am On Jan 10, 2018
cheesy
Re: From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness by bennynaza(m): 11:52am On Jan 10, 2018
If to say I no sabi book, I for misunderstand this your "FLOWS MILK of human kindness" topic.
E get as the thing sound for mouth
Re: From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness by OldSkoolHeadBoy: 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2018
I can vouch that this couple are genuine. They spend their money and whatever they receive from others are 100% spent judiciously. I have personally presented two people to them for medical assistance and I was amazed/brought to tears by how far they went to put a big smile on their faces.

QuietHammer:
Pastor collects tithe and offerings from sheeples and gives a percentage of the tax free lucre to his wife.
The wife in turn gives the lucre to the less privileged in form of charity.

Sheeples : *standing ovation * "Bravo! Bravo! Magnifico!
Re: From Ibidunni Ighodalo Flows Milk Of Human Kindness by Uyeye(m): 3:05pm On Jan 10, 2018
more blessing Ma!

(1) (Reply)

8 Great Lessons From 8 Great Men Of God. / If You Say Nonsense About Me, I'll Take Your Picture To My Altar - Odumeje / Eminem Becomes A Born Again Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.